| “ If you’re nice to me, you have to be nice to Nanika too!! If you’re going to protect me, you have to protect Nanika too!! But if you’re going to be mean to Nanika, I hate you!!! “
— Alluka Zoldyck to Killua Zoldyck in ” — Alluka Zoldyck to Killua Zoldyck in “ Release
Reading: Alluka Zoldyck
- Alluka Zoldyck
- General Status
- Gender And Pronoun Context
- Abilities & Powers
- Translations around the World
Chapter 229 (Photo) Chapter 321 (Debut)
Episode 97 (2011) (Flashback) Episode 138 (2011) (Debut)
[ details ] Female
[ inference 🖱 ] ( via
Black (as Nanika)
Black (Manga; Anime)
Zigg Zoldyck (unknown relation)
Maha Zoldyck (Great-Great Grandfather)
Zeno Zoldyck (Grandfather)
Unnamed Grandmother (status unknown)
Silva Zoldyck (Father)
Kikyo Zoldyck (Mother)
Illumi Zoldyck (Oldest brother)
Milluki Zoldyck (Older brother)
Killua Zoldyck (Older brother)
Kalluto Zoldyck (Youngest brother)
Image Gallery Alluka Zoldyck ( アルカ゠ゾルディック, Aruka Zorudikku ) is the second gear youngest child of Silva and Kikyo Zoldyck. Under strange circumstances, she was possessed by a mysterious Dark Continent animal, which her family named Nanika. The two presently partake Alluka ‘s body .
Alluka has hanker black hair, aristocratic eyes, and has a pale complexion. She wears the traditional clothes of a japanese shrine inaugural, with boots and a headband adorned with emotional cartoon faces. Framing her face are two locks of hair, each fastened by four haircloth bands decorated with the same cartoon faces on her headband. As a younger child, Alluka had shoulder-length, unkempt hair and wear pants .
Before Alluka ‘s dinner dress introduction, Silva refers to her as a iniquity and uncontrollable child. He claims that Alluka has no soul because of the circumstances of her birth, and can not feel emotions. however, once reunited with her closest buddy Killua, Alluka displays an affectionate, simple, and lovable personality. Alluka is normally identical happy around Killua and trusts him profoundly, probable because he was the only one to show her compassion. According to Killua, Alluka calls him “ big buddy ”, while Nanika calls him only by appoint. [ 1 ] [ bill 1 ]
Alluka * foremost appears in a family photograph of the Zoldyck siblings and their mother, shown when Kalluto explains his desire to get his erstwhile buddy back no matter how many years it will take. In the photograph, Alluka was not posing with the rest of the family ; alternatively, she was standing at a distance behind them and facing away. [ 2 ] It is nameless when and how Nanika came to possess Alluka, but the two have shared the latter ‘s body at least since Alluka was a unseasoned child. The Zoldyck Family is in the dark about Nanika ‘s nature. Killua once saw Alluka turn into Nanika, and learned about the general nature of its abilities by asking it how to revert the transformation. As a toddler, Alluka once asked Mitsuba, an attendant of the Zoldyck Family, to do three elementary things : carrying her, going up a stairway, and raising Alluka up in the air. After Mitsuba did what she was told, Alluka ‘s eyes and mouth abruptly turned black. Freaked out by this, Mitsuba called for aid. Killua came and changed Alluka back to normal by asking Alluka to make himself go high-high, which Alluka did. After the accident, Killua had to tell his parents about Alluka ‘s unavowed because Mitsuba had already reported it to them. It turned out that when Alluka had three requests fulfilled, her eyes and mouthpiece would turn black, and they would change back to normal only when she heard and granted a wish. [ 3 ] To test the ability, her mother Kikyo ordered Mitsuba to decline any request of her, no matter how small it was. due to that, Mitsuba and her lover Hassam, who was not around Alluka at that time, were cryptically crushed into mince meat simultaneously. Killua explained that this was the consequence of saying ‘No ‘ to Alluka ‘s requests 4 times. [ 3 ] Some time subsequently, Yasuha, another female handmaid of the Zoldyck Family, gave Alluka a piggyback ride at her request, frankincense activating her wish-granting modality. Giving in to her avarice at the time, Yasuha wished that Alluka would make her a billionaire. Nanika agreed and on the spur of the moment a large number of banknotes started to rain down from a colonel blimp in the sky. It was late reported that a currency enchant vessel had on the spur of the moment gone missing and by the time it had been found all the money had disappeared, and the captain and crew kept giving absurd answers. [ 3 ] Illumi became concern in Alluka ‘s ability and asked for Silva ‘s license to deal with Kasuga, the following handmaid, to take care of Alluka, in his own way. He told her to listen to Alluka ‘s requests in substitute for his permissiveness of her amatory relationship with an foreigner to the Zoldyck Family. When Kasuga was with Alluka, Alluka on the spur of the moment asked her for her liver, which Kasuga declined. She followed up with three continuous requests for her duodenum, spine, and mind respectively, which were all declined as well. As a consequence of Kasuga ‘s refusal to fulfill those four requests, a total of 67 people, including herself, were killed at the lapp time by Alluka ‘s strange office. This occurrence revealed that her ability had a accumulative effect ; the greater the previous wish was ( in terms of fulfillment trouble ), the greater the consequences of refusing her future located of requests. From this, they besides learned the requests became much more difficult to fulfill after Nanika granted a large wish. [ 3 ] Following the blimp incident, Nanika ‘s power caused the death of six couples, for a total of twelve more people : two were necessity for Kikyo to be convinced, two more to test the rules, and two when Milluki sacrificed tourists in exchange for brassy toys. At some degree, there was besides another big incidental that resulted in the death of 13 people, caused again by Milluki, who asked Nanika to kill his target for him. Milluki had a tourist named Muna pay the price by telling him to just ignore Alluka ‘s requests. [ 1 ] More recently, Milluki used Nanika to get the latest—at the time—computer. [ 3 ]
13th Hunter Chairman Election arch
Killua returns home on Kukuroo Mountain to see his younger sister and he asks for his founder ‘s license but Silva disagrees, thinking that it ‘s excessively dangerous because no one can keep Alluka in check as “ it ” is a non-human entity, something from another target, that came out of the “ darkness ” ; meanwhile, Alluka sits unemotionally on the floor of a room full of dolls. After a long talk, [ 4 ] his father takes him to Alluka ‘s room, hidden behind a series of five big base hit vaults, each of which can only be opened after entering a 10-digit password. [ 3 ] Alluka excitedly greets Killua when he entered the board, calling him “ bad brother ”. She inaugural wished for Killua to “ die ” for her. next she wanted to play Shiritori [ 1 ] and last, have Killua pat her on the head. [ 5 ] Through a surveillance camera, Silva, Kikyo, and Milluki watch the whole scene. Kikyo is delighted in Killua ‘s actions, while Milluki regrets wishing for a personal computer which made Alluka ‘s wishes on Killua so easy. This earns him a glare from his father. Silva then asks about the rules regarding Alluka ‘s baron. When Killua decides to take Alluka with him, Silva disapproves and insists that the regard shall be made inside the room. Killua wishes to Alluka that if they are not able to leave the mountain together within 30 minutes, their mother will be killed. If they are, then she will give Killua a snog on the impudence. Silva lets them leave, but orders a few butlers to accompany them, including Gotoh, Canary, Tsubone, and Amane. [ 5 ] As they make their way to the hospital where Gon is, a truck whose drivers were being manipulated by Illumi crashes their car. Killua protects Alluka ; according to the restriction rules that their founder laid depressed, if Killua stays at least one meter away from Alluka, they will be taken home instantaneously. As Illumi and Hisoka watch from afar, the assassin asks the latter to eliminate the butlers, or if possible, take Alluka away from Killua. Using his Godspeed ability, Killua escapes their butlers with ease but Tsubone follows them. [ 6 ] Killua and Alluka continue to escape and are still followed by Tsubone. [ 7 ] Killua tries to escape faster but Tsubone uses her ability that can catch up to Speed of Lightning’ second speed. The two Zoldycks reach the airport and tease in an airship to foster escape Illumi. Alluka is seen sleeping inside while Killua drives the airship himself. He explains to Morel about Alluka ‘s wish-granting ability, which Morel thinks is a vaguely terrific ability. [ 8 ] When the airship they were riding on finally landed, Killua made arrangements to continue their safety valve by car, merely to find themselves surrounded by Illumi and his Needle People. There, Illumi asks for Alluka to be handed over to him while Killua straightly refuses. In the middle, Tsubone appears and reveals that it is her defect that they are tailed through a hide camera that is being fed to their Kikyo and Milluki, where the latter, in sour, is sending the information to Illumi ‘s phone. After seeing Tsubone, Alluka ‘s request-mode commences again where she asks for the nails from Tsubone ‘s in-between and band finger, completing the three requests entering into her wish-granting state. alternatively of using the wish to get out of the predicament, they ‘re in, Killua uses the wish to heal Tsubone ‘s hand to demonstrate and reveal to Illumi some rules that he merely knows. [ 9 ] ultimately, Alluka walks into Gon ‘s hospital board. Killua asks his sibling to turn into Nanika, but Alluka refuses, wanting to stay with Killua. When Killua begs her, she finally gives in and changes into Nanika. Killua asks for Nanika to heal Gon, and Nanika complies and touches Gon ‘s hand. As Nanika is healing Gon, an enormous sum of aura is released, which is indeed brawny that Hunters in the Hunter Association building feel it. [ 10 ] Alluka successfully heals Gon and falls asleep. [ 11 ]
Illumi tells Killua that if he can have master over Alluka like Killua does, he will guarantee minimum freedom for Alluka. however, Killua wakes Nanika and orders her to send Illumi home, which Nanika does and Illumi finds himself instantaneously teleported back to the Zoldyck mansion. Due to Killua ‘s request, Amane and Tsubone leave the room to give the siblings privacy. Killua tells Nanika that she ca n’t come out anymore. Nanika disagrees and is clearly upset by Killua saying how a lot she likes Killua. After a brief argument that leads Killua to yell at her, she becomes disturbance but complies, going back inside. Alluka wakes up and is angered by what Killua said to Nanika. She yells at Killua, saying that he needs to protect both Alluka and Nanika and that Alluka would hate any brother who was hateful to Nanika. Killua realizes his error and asks Alluka to bring Nanika out indeed he could apologize. Nanika reappears teary and upset from the previous confrontation. [ 12 ]
not hanker after, Alluka and Killua accompany Gon on his tripper to the World Tree. There, they say their goodbyes and separate ways with Gon. [ 13 ]
Gender And Pronoun Context
Over the course of the series, unlike characters refer to Alluka with different pronouns and give conflicting data on her sex .
- The official databook lists Alluka’s sex as male.[note 2]
- Two of Alluka’s brothers, Illumi and Milluki, refer to Alluka as their ‘brother’.
- In flashbacks, Zoldyck servants call Alluka the masculine “bocchan” or “bocchama“.
- Additionally, Morel seemingly referred to Alluka as Killua’s brother and Killua did not correct him in the Japanese version of the series, but the official Viz translation makes this more ambiguous and the inference of Alluka’s gender identity is only present in a very literal translation of the passage.[note 3]
Alluka is chiefly referred to and entirely uses, feminine terms and pronouns throughout the series, though. For exemplify, Killua introduces Alluka to Gon as his sister, [ 13 ] Killua stated that Alluka being a girlfriend was the reason they needed female butlers to attend to her on their mission to save Gon, [ 5 ] and Killua refers to Alluka as his sister multiple times, including when they were children. [ 4 ] Additionally, “ Alluka ” ( アルカ or あるか, * Aruka ) is a traditionally female given appoint. [ 16 ] In accordance with Alluka ’ s gender identity and construction, this article uses feminine pronouns in citation to her, and this page is placed in the female characters category .
Abilities & Powers
Unlike her brothers, Alluka has no combat abilities at all. She is like a normal kid when it comes to fighting and physical survival. [ 9 ] however, due to being Nanika ‘s server, her own relatives fear her ability to wipe out the family in an moment. [ 1 ] Alluka shares an empathic link with Nanika, which allows her to perceive its emotions. [ 12 ]
See also: Nanika’s Ability Alluka has no Nen skills or Nen abilities of her own and only acts as a medium sol Nanika can use its wish-granting powers. It is ill-defined whether these powers are aura-based, [ 17 ] and frankincense presumably Nen-related, or if they are a separate type of ability .
- (To Killua Zoldyck) “Do you think I shouldn’t be here? Would the family be better off without me? Would you all get along better?”
- Alluka’s name was first revealed in the official databook.
- It was not revealed in the manga until Chapter 321, and for a long period of time readers of Hunter × Hunter could only guess the name of the facing-away child based on the information about the Zoldyck Family provided in the databook or inferring through the names of her brothers (given the shiritori pattern that they present).
Anime and Manga Differences
- In the 2011 anime adaptation version, Alluka appeared in a silhouette of the Zoldyck Family members, alongside the Zoldyck’s unnamed grandmother who is yet to appear in the manga or anime. In the silhouette, Alluka is holding Killua’s hand.
Intertextuality and References
- Alluka shares similarities with Yukina from YuYu Hakusho. Both are a younger sister who shares a close relationship with an older brother, Killua, and Hiei respectively.
Translations around the World
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 323
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 22, chapter 229
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 322
- Hunter × Hunter – book 31, chapter 321
- Hunter × Hunter – book 31, chapter 324
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 326
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 327
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 328
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 31, chapter 330
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 32, chapter 333
- Hunter × Hunter – book 32, chapter 335
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 32, chapter 336
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 32, chapter 338
- Hunter × Hunter Hunter Association Official Issue : Hunter ‘s Guide ; Character & World Official Databook ( pg. 38 )
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 30, chapter 320
- 「あるか」から始まる全ての名前例や字画数｜名前を響きや読みから探す赤ちゃん名前辞典｜完全無料の子供の名前決め・名付け支援サイト「 赤ちゃん命名ガイド」 (Baby Naming Guide)
- Hunter × Hunter – volume 32, chapter 334
- Hunter × Hunter – episode 24 ( 2011 )
- The Viz translation of the manga reverses the way Alluka and Nanika refer to Killua. In the english version of the manga, Alluka calls Killua by name while Nanika calls him “ big buddy ” ( as foremost seen in Chapter 323 ).
- Sobo to otōto Aruka no sujō wa fumei.); information that proves Alluka being male. In the Hunter Association Official Issue : Hunter ‘s Guide ; Character & World Official Databook ( page 38 ), it is literally stated that : “ The identity of grandma and younger buddy Alluka is nameless. ” ( 祖母と弟アルカの素性は不明。, ) ; data that proves Alluka being male .
- “The older brother __ to __ the younger brother…!?” or “Your brother wants to kill your younger brother…!?” * (兄(あに)貴(き)が()弟(おとうと)を⋯！？()()()()()(), Aniki ga otōto o…!?)
- “Yeah” (ああ, Ā)
- “The only one who can revert Gon back to normal is Alluka” (ゴンを()元(もと)に()戻(もど)せるのはアルカしかいない()()()()()(), Gon o moto ni modoseru no wa Aruka shika inai)
- “But, Illumi (older brother) is trying to kill Alluka.” (でも()イルミ(兄貴)はアルカを()殺(ころ)そうとしてる()()()()()(), Demo aniki wa Aruka o korosou to shi teru)
Although the Viz version ( in chapter 328, page 11, panels 3 and 4 ) is dubious about who Morel refers to when he says “ Your brother ? ! ” ( Illumi or Alluka ), the literal transformation of the original japanese text confirms that—off-panel—Killua introduced Alluka to Morel as being his young buddy :