- Affiliation and Relationships
- Physical Characteristics
- Origin and Living Status
- Personal Information
- Creators and Appearances
- See besides
Aña “ Anya ” Sofia Corazon [ 1 ]
Spider-Girl [ 2 ]
Araña [ 3 ]
Editorial Names :
The Amazing Spider-Girl
Ana [ 4 ]
early Aliases :
Arañita, [ 3 ] Spider-Girlie [ 5 ]
Codenames:Editorial Names:Nicknames:AnaOther Aliases:Arañita,Spider-Girlie
Affiliation and Relationships
Web-Warriors, Avengers Academy, Fifty State Initiative Training Program, [ 6 ] partner of Spider Society, Order of the Web, formerly Spider-Army partner of Spider-Woman Young Allies, partner of Spider-Man Ms. Marvel, and Wonder Man
( forefather, deceased ) ;
Parents: Gilberto Corazon (father, deceased);
Reading: Anya Corazon (Earth-616)
Sofia Corazon (mother, deceased)
5′3″ ( 1.6 m )
115 pound ( 52.16 kilogram ),
( with carapace ) 123 lbs (55.79 kg) (with carapace)
Stylized spider tattoo on her right arm
Origin and Living Status
Human augmented by Magic
Place of Birth
Fort Greene, Brooklyn, New York City [ 1 ] 1q
High School Student
Current High School Student
Base of Operations
Avengers Compound, Los Angeles, California ; New York City, New York,
Formerly Loomworld Earth-616 ; WebCorps headquarters
Creators and Appearances
Joe Quesada, Fiona Avery, Mark Brooks
Amazing Fantasy ( Vol. 2 ) # 1
( June, 2004 )
( as Araña )
Young Allies ( Vol. 2 ) # 5
( October, 2010 )
( as Spider-Girl )
(as Araña)(as Spider-Girl)
story, to do a good job, without embedding yourself in the dirt. So… for better or worse… I’m your girl.My father once told me there’s no way to get a goodto do a goodwithoutyourself in theSo… for better or worse… I’m your girl.
Anya, or Araña as she would be called, was a adolescent gymnast from Brooklyn whose father Gilberto Corazon was an fact-finding reporter. She moved to Mexico when she was very unseasoned, but she returned with her father to the United States after her mother was killed. [ 1 ]
It was at an average day at school that she saw her supporter Lynn being bullied by an older son. Anya defended her ally, and the two started to fight. A teacher broke their conflict up, but that night the two went down to a bridge to resume their battle. When she got there, Anya discovered a stranger being attacked by a strange group. This sisterhood of the Wasp attempted to kill the man, but Anya leaped in the direction of the killing blow. [ 3 ] The world, Miguel, was the sorcerer of the Spider Society, a mysterious group dating binding for hundreds of years. Recognizing that Anya had the ability to become the new Hunter of the Society, he transferred some of his power to her to save her life. [ 4 ] Because of this she gained a spider-shaped tattoo, enhanced strength and agility, and the power to grow a blue exoskeleton. [ 7 ] These powers first revealed itself when training in the defect, allowing her to defeat multiple ferocious beasts. however, her new abilities did n’t come from Miguel or the club ; his transplant had unlocked her own natural potential. [ 8 ] As she joined the Spider Society as their Hunter, they gave her cover as an intern of WebCorps, a company the Society used to hide its actions. [ 8 ] After developing her secret identity, she and her new team went on a mission to prevent the Sisterhood from empowering their own Hunter. [ 9 ]
Heart of the Spider
She succeeded, and continued to have foster adventures against the Sisterhood and their hire serve, Amun. [ 10 ] Amun ended up discovering Anya ‘s identity, but she was able to convince him not to target her friends or syndicate. [ 11 ]
late, Araña learned that she was not a dependable Hunter, as no Hunter before her has always had an exoskeleton like hers. In a struggle in which the Sisterhood attempted to resurrect their Hunter ( even Spider-Man got involved ), Miguel died and she released the power of the Hunter, letting Nina take hold of it. After the struggle Anya foreswear Webcorps, but remained an active champion. [ 12 ]
She was contribution of the read heroes during the Civil War, though she never took depart in any of the battles as she was still considered a trainee, although Carol brought her along to observe as Julia Carpenter was taken in and separated from her daughter which had Anya concerned she was on the wrong side. [ 13 ] After the battle, she became something of a buddy to Ms. Marvel. During this time her carapace was ripped off her body by the Doomsday Man, leaving her unable to use it when she was confronted and attacked by Julia Carpenter curtly after while she was looking for her daughter. [ 14 ] She was besides captured by the Puppet Master alongside other female superhumans to be used and sold as mind-controlled arouse slaves, but was freed from his control by Ms. Marvel after being ineffective to attack Carol due to seeing her as a mother figure. [ 15 ] Despite being depowered she continued to fight crime, though even swinging had become more difficult. It was approximately then that she became friends with Nomad .
later she was hunted by the Kravinoff Family, for their seduction to kill all the “ spiders ” and resurrect Kraven. She, along with Arachne and Madame Web, were captured, and Spider-Woman ( Mattie Franklin ) was sacrificed. After Kaine took his seat in a sacrifice, Spider-Man went after the Kraven family. Madame Web was mortally wounded, and gave her powers to Julia before passing, to stop Spider-Man from killing the newly revived Kraven. Julia gave Anya a fresh costume, but she continued to go by Araña .
late she and Nomad had become allied with another group of super-teens ( referred to only contextually as Young Allies ). They battled the Bastards of Evil. [ 16 ] They then teamed up with the Secret Avengers to take on Onslaught, who was finally defeated when Nomad sacrificed herself for the greater good. [ 17 ] Later on, they came into battle with Arcade while at the lapp time teaming up with fellow adolescent heroes from Avengers Academy. [ 18 ]
Spider-Woman ( Jessica Drew ) called her Spider-Girl, another in a long list to get her identity incorrect since she changed her costume. This led to Anya officially becoming Spider-Girl, in partially to avoid confusion. [ 2 ] In late events, the Red Hulk had gone on a rampage, and killed Anya ‘s father about immediately. Infuriated, Spider-Girl went after the Red Hulk, but he got aside. She was fix to give up being Spider-Girl when her ally Rocky Flint told her about how her mother had been killed by the Green Goblin. She decided that she still had responsibilities as Spider-Girl, and late attended her church father ‘s funeral. One night on her way to Rocky ‘s family, she came upon a carjack and went into an bowling alley to change into her costume. When she got dress she saw that Red Hulk had taken care of it, and wanted to talk with her. He explained how he ‘d been investigating the murder of a supporter, when he came across her don, and worked with him, sharing notes on the probe. While investigating, the Red Hulk and her father had been poisoned, and as a result, Red Hulk had gone into the amuck modality. He explained that the constitution behind the poison was called “ Raven. ” Anya agreed to work together with him on their search for answers. late in the sidereal day, she confessed her entire day to an inconspicuous Sue Richards who had already secretly known she was Spider-Girl, and who had been friends with her father for at least 7+ years. soon after, Ana Kravinoff came hunting after Spider-Girl, using her Twitter tweets to track her down. After taking down Screwball for a second fourth dimension, Anya looks at the footage that Screwball herself had been taking. She had then noticed Ana Kravinoff in the setting during an interview. She then laid a bunker for Ana, knowing she ‘d find her clothes. They got into a battle, which finally led to Spider-Girl ‘s victory and Ana Kravinoff ‘s check.
In an undertake to impress Norah Winters, Phil Urich set up Spider-Girl, by tweeting her with information on a spy of the Hobgoblin. Spider-Girl put gum into her ears and followed a lead of witnesses to the Hobgoblin. When the Hobgoblin laughed, the effect was not equally big on Spider-Girl due to the gum tree in her ears, and she managed to hold her own against him. Spider-Man interfere, causing the Hobgoblin to getaway. Spider-Girl asks Spider-Man for aid in tracking down and attacking the constitution known as “ Raven, ” discovering different hideouts and valuable information. They followed a trail that led to a obscure facility, where they discovered files on a project aimed at brainwashing Spider-Girl as an agent of Raven, and that Anya ‘s roommate Rocky was a kidnap target. It besides showed that her “ creepy ” neighbor, Kurt Godwin, was an agent of Raven, and had been spying on Anya. Spider-Girl rushed to her apartment to find that three Raven Agents were waiting there to recruit her, using her roommate and her forefather as leverage. Minutes into their confrontation, Anya felt her super-strength render, and used it to punch one of the “ American Ninjas “ through a wall, and took down the early agents. She then discovered that she had webbing ampere well, before getting information out of the Raven agents. She called Spider-Man about the al-qaeda she found and went in for an rape. She took down most of the agents in the dark, virtually unobserved. She called the Red-Hulk for aid and destroyed a machine that kept the american Ninjas in line. They turned on Godwin, and about killed him before Spider-Man and Red Hulk arrived to stop them. Anya then proceeded to rescue her ally and showed Rocky who she very was. rocky then revealed she already knew, and they exchanged a hug .
Before the events of Spider-Island, Anya and her group were attacked by Hydro-Man and beaten single handedly, until Spider-Man stepped in and defeated the villain. [ 5 ] Anya late aided the Avengers, the New Avengers, the X-Men, and the Future Foundation with her allies in taking down the two-hundred Spider-Man imposters in Bryant Park on Manhattan. [ 19 ] During the events of Spider-Island, Anya was attacked by agents of the Sisterhood after school and fled by web-swinging to get her acquaintance Rocky to base hit. Explaining her time as Araña battling the sisterhood, she was confronted by the Hand and found that Wilson Fisk wanted to team up with her. While she initially refused, Madam Web ( Julia Carpenter ) came to Spider-Girl former and told her that she must ally herself with her enemies. reluctantly, she agreed to work with Wilson Fisk given the danger at hand, who ordered a squadron of ninja from the Hand under her command. With this group, she attempted to stop the Wasps from killing off the spiders infected citizens. [ 20 ] however, Spider-Girl late realized that Madam Web had meant for her to team up with the Wasps, and slow down the Spiders, so that a bring around could be found. finally, the Spiders were defeated and a cure was administered to everyone in the city, including Anya. however, she seemed to have retained her powers despite being “ cured, ” suggesting she was not given the real cure or she was immune to the antidote. [ 21 ]
With the Avengers
She was recruited into the Avengers Academy. [ 22 ] When a massive Terrigen overcast began spreading across the Earth, Anya turned to the Avengers for help in rescuing two Terrigen Cocoons. Spider-Girl and her allies soon realized they were caught in a war between AIM and Toxie Doxie, a brainsick geneticist whose conduct with AIM had turned sour. unable to fight AIM given the technocracy ‘s current diplomatic unsusceptibility, the Avengers and Anya were forced to move cautiously. [ 23 ] Anya spent much of the time learning how to operate with the Avengers and besides received a new costume. [ 24 ] In the end Spider-Girl rescued the cocoons and took down Toxie Doxie. [ 25 ]
conflict with the Inheritors
Spider-Girl became Jessica Drew ‘s protégé, and joined the Multiversal Spider-Army when the Inheritors threatened to destroy every spider from all realities. [ 26 ] Her abilities were indispensable for the Spider-Army as her engagement helped discover the Inheritors ‘ plan, thus utilizing her powers and relationship with the Spider Society allowed her to read their scrolls, deducing how best to defeat and banish the Inheritors. [ 27 ] Some time subsequently, when Superior Octopus used Inheritor Technology to create more clone bodies, the Web-Warriors could not prevent the Inheritors from using that like engineering to escape their prison on a lay waste to earth. [ 28 ] Anya joined with Mayday Parker and the couple sought out Spiderling and her parents on Earth-18119 ; helping to fight the Vulture Gang, then Brix and Bora, and curing a six-armed Normie Osborn. While Mayday and Annie bond discovering themselves sisters, Anya learned from mystic scrolls that Annie is the totem Pattern Maker, who could change the Great Web for their needs. [ 29 ] The trio reunite with the stay of the Spider-Army, with armor crafted from the Great Web itself and defeated the Inheritors, who were then turned into babies cleansed of their totemic appetite. [ 30 ]
ordering of the Web
After sharing a imagination of Peter Parker painfully dying from a disfigured and bandaged monster, [ 31 ] Julia Carpenter explained the Great Web drew Spider-Man into conflict with Sin-Eater, who marched an army on Ravencroft Institute to end Norman Osborn. As Sin-Eater ‘s victims resurrect as innocent people, having Osborn go through that seemed a positive. however, early spider heroes could not convince Peter to let Sin-Eater do thus, potentially saving countless lives in the future, sol Anya joined her chap Spiders to stop Peter from saving Osborn. [ 32 ] She became a establish member of the Order of the Web with the other spider heroes to save Peter from Norman, after the irregular abatement of Sin-Eater. [ 33 ] While escaping, Anya saw Norman ‘s hostility with Peter about Gwen lawsuit him to lose his cool, and tossed Norman out for Sin-Eater as they escaped. [ 34 ] From Peter ‘s sacrifice of Norman sealing a deal with Kindred, Anya and the Order were possessed in consequence by a demon sent by Kindred to destroy Peter, [ 35 ] pursuing the seasoned Spider-Man to the Sanctum Sanctorum. [ 36 ] Under the control of Kindred, the Order began wrecking havoc across the city and even battling the New Warriors. [ 37 ] Arriving at the Brooklyn Bridge they attacked innocent bystanders and were besides harming themselves, forcing Peter to make a deal with the demon. Kindred accepted the deal and released the spider heroes from his control. [ 38 ] The confuse heroes were then met by Doctor Strange and Black Cat, as the sorcerer explained that they needed to collaborate in regulate to help Peter and they all ventured into the Astral Plane, leaving Black Cat behind to guard their way back. [ 39 ] Traversing the devastate dreamscape, Anya and the early Spiders fought demons before Strange sent them through the passing portal site to handle the site in their locate. Arriving at the Osborn cemetery, Spider-Girl fought aboard the order against Sin-Eater, who recently took Morlun ‘s powers. Saved by Julia ‘s design, she was with the others captured by Kindred and forced to attend “ dinner ” with Peter and Mary Jane. As the situation escalated and she was about to be killed, Mary Jane ‘s undertake sacrifice and Norman Osborn ‘s timely intervention freed her and the others. After their rescue, Anya and the Order debated events and tabled a plan against Kindred before moving to apprehend escape criminals from Ravencroft. [ 40 ] [ 41 ]
Spider Physiology: Thanks to the events of Spider-Island Anya possesses a copy of Spider-Man ‘s powers following his meet with the Queen, granted to her by exposure to the Jackal ‘s Spider-Virus. The radioactive spider bite was in essence recreated in her, the complex mutagenic enzymes in Spider-Man ‘s rake were transferred triggering numerous body-wide mutagenic changes within, granting her superhuman military capability, accelerate, toughened flesh, and possibly numerous unknown arachnid-like abilities .
- Superhuman Strength: Anya’s strength is relatively large at her stage in heroism. Her strength may also be increasing because she was quickly able to subdue Arachne, who can lift 10 tons. however, following the events of Spider-Island, her strength has increased to a level comparable to Spider-Man’s, if slightly less.
- Superhuman Speed: Anya can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. She is ultimately capable of running at speeds in excess of 30 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Durability: Anya’s body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. Her body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. She can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with super-strength, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort and also, she is bulletproof.
- Superhuman Stamina: Anya’s advanced musculature produces fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows her to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Agility: Anya’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Araña is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being’s, despite their enhanced strength.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Anya’s reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 10 times greater than those of an ordinary human.
- Camouflage: She has the ability to hide in shadows, becoming invisible to the enemy, similar to crab spiders. 
- Wall-Crawling: She has the ability to cling to walls at will.
- Organic Webbing Generation: She has the ability to organically produce her own silk webbing from glands within her forearms, limited by her body’s health and nutrition. These organic webs have many of the same properties as Spider-Man’s artificial webbing. The silk is released through a spinneret near each wrist containing a central web spigot orifice used for web-slinging and draglines, supplemented by several radial minor spigots for other types of webs connected to specialized glands.
early PowersSpider Society Tattoo: provides the wearer:
- Superhuman Strength: Originally, Anya could lift approximately 3 tons and jump over 25 feet, bounding between buildings.
- Superhuman Speed: Araña can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Araña’s agility, balance, endurance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Araña is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being’s.
- Superhuman Stamina: Araña’s advanced musculature produces fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows her to exert herself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair her.
- Wall-Crawling: She had the ability to cling to walls.
- Carapace: She could summon a blue spider-like exoskeleton around her body that emanates from the tattoo on her upper right arm, enhancing her abilities and protecting her from damage. She could control the thickness, coverage, and shape of the carapace. At its thickest, it is resistant to small firearms. However, when using full armor, contact with water leaves her unable to breathe, forcing her to retract it.
- The Spirit of the Hunter: Anya possessed a spirit named “The Spirit of the Hunter”. This spirit enhanced her abilities and puts her into a berserker-like state. Upon discovering that she was not a true hunter, she quits the WebCorp during a fight with a giant monster summoned by the Wasps and grants her Hunter abilities and the “Spirit of the Hunter” to Nina.
provides the wearer :
Skeletal Flexibility: A skilled gymnast Anya has developed her body ‘s muscles and bones to an extraordinary orient allowing her to compress/contort into small cavities, similarly against high impacts to soften the blows. [ 3 ] Bilingual: Anya is fluent in both Spanish and English. [ 44 ] S.H.I.E.L.D Training: S.H.I.E.L.D. education teaches a variety show of skills for on the fieldwork in espionage, containment, and heroism. [ 45 ]
- Fighting: Obviously a capable fighter before the training, her teaching seemed to have focused on safety and basics.
- Hacking: A typical class Anya grew a passion for it and practices in her free time.
Read more : Illuminati Members, Enemies, Powers | Marvel
Spider-Like Bola: Araña invented multipurpose spider-like grappling hooks, discs about the size of a palm, attached to cords; able to remotely grip objects, and act as both weapons (ranged or melee) and in a function similar to that of Araña invented multipurpose spider-like cope hooks, disk about the size of a palm, attached to cords ; able to remotely grip objects, and act as both weapons ( ranged or melee ) and in a affair similar to that of Spider-Man ‘s web-lines. The multipurpose is indeed creative she can detach the cord at any length to use as a traditional bola or grappling hook for others .
- Anya’s father and mother are respectively of Puerto Rican and Mexican descent.
- “Araña” is Spanish for “spider.”
- “Corazón” is Spanish for “heart.”
- Anya’s Twitter name is The_Spider_Girl.
- Anya is an Eminem fan.
Like this ? Let us know !