|For other uses, see Shazam (disambiguation)|
- Billy Batson
- Powers and abilities
- Behind the scenes
William Joseph Batson
Maximum “Max” Voltage
Human Power Storm
Man of Many Names
So-called Perfect Man
Philadelphia Mystery Hero
Reading: Billy Batson
Shazam! Fury of the Gods ( unreleased )
Shazam! Thundercrack ( unreleased )
Shazam!: The Junior Novel
Shazam!: Becoming Shazam
Shazam!: A Shazam Showdown
Shazam! Freddy’s Guide to Super Hero-ing
David Kohlsmith ( 4 years old )
Zachary Levi ( Shazam )
- “ If a superhero can’t save his family, he’s not much of a hero. “
- ―Billy Batson to Freddy Freeman[src]
William Joseph “Billy” Batson, besides known as the superhero Shazam, [ 1 ] is a foster child chosen by the ace Shazam to be his final examination champion, granting him huge charming world power from six legendary sources to help protect the entire world from the forces of evil. With the guidance of his foster brother and best friend Freddy Freeman, he would use these incredible powers to become a superhero in Philadelphia, frustration rejected champion campaigner Thaddeus Sivana in battle, and shackle with his new foster family, finally sharing his powers with them to become a superhero team to defend the impeccant and protect their home from those who would threaten it .
Billy is the son of C.C. and Marilyn Batson in December 2004. He was born when his mother was seventeen and married the child ‘s beget soon after. It was a rocky and abbreviated marriage ; C.C. ended up in imprison and Marilyn was cut off by her family. She struggled to raise Billy as a single mother in Philadelphia, though she tried to give him all she could. [ 2 ]
Searching for his mother
Becoming an orphan
Billy was separated from his mother at the Chilladelphia Winter Carnival. Billy was found by the police and Marilyn decided the foster system could take better care of him than she ever could. She started using her inaugural name again and started a newfangled life, never mentioning that she had a son. Billy was raised by the foster systems in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and promptly gained a reputation as a problem child. He ran away, constantly searching for his real family, and never emotionally attached to any family. His search brought him in problems with the police. He kept searching, looking up all women named Batson in the good age range. It never occurred to him that no matchless always came looking for him .
several years late in 2018, Billy set up a housebreaking at a pawn workshop in order to get the police to arrive. After acting barren and telling the police, the perpetrators went through the back of the construct. The patrol search the premises and came to find that there was no one there. Once inwardly, Billy promptly dropped the act and revealed that he set up the wholly position, and then closed the gate to the door, locking the patrol in. He then promptly acted innocent again to get into the police car and profit access to the patrol ‘s computer system. In Billy ‘s notebook, it is shown he ‘s been looking up several different women with the last name “ Batson ”, in hopes of finding his beget. After finding the address to a Batson, he promptly jots down her address and steals the patrol officer ‘s lunch, after the police begged him not to take it away. Billy made his means to the womanhood ‘s theater, but to his disappointment, he found she is not his mother and is then caught by the like police officer that he fooled earlier. [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
Meeting the Vasquez family
After being taken to the foster system again, E. B. Glover informs Billy that his latest foster family does n’t want him rear after he disappeared two weeks ago, anterior to his incident with the patrol. Billy states that he has run away from every home plate within six counties and that he knows his biological mother is out there, and that he has to do all he has to do to find her. E.B. tells him that he should n’t try to find person who does n’t want to find him .
She informs him of a couple outside that is eager to take him in, but Billy cursorily rejects them, stating he can take care of himself. E.B. reminds him he has to wait cashbox he ‘s 18 to legally be able to live on his own. She encourages him to give them a opportunity lawsuit they are giving him one, having no other choice, Billy accepts and is taken in by the Vasquezs, who seem like a love couple to him. He meets Victor and Rosa Vasquez, who reveal they were foster kids themselves and were stubborn like him. On the means to the Vasquez firm, they tell him about how the other foster kids they have taken in are expecting him, and are excited to meet him. [ 2 ]
Being chosen as champion
- Look, man, maybe this is magic and, I don’t know, but the people you’re looking for, good, pure people, I’m not one of them. I don’t know if anyone is, really.“
- ―Billy Batson to Shazam[src]
Arriving at his fresh home, the Vasquezs introduce Billy to his fresh siblings : The youthful but kind and accepting Darla, the eldest Mary, the largely silent Pedro, the intelligent young Eugene, and last Freddy Freeman, a fan of the Justice League in particular Superman and superheroes in general. On the first day of school, Freddy is attacked and bullied by the Breyer siblings, Brett and Burke, until Billy comes to his foster buddy ‘s defense when one of them insults Freddy for not having a mother. Briefly getting the upper berth hand on them, billy then flees, thanks to a distraction from Eugene and makes it to base hit onto a underpass .
however, while on the metro, Billy was transported to a mysterious cave and is confronted by the ace Shazam. The Wizard informed Billy that he is his last and only gamble to find person noble and commodity enough to replace him as champion. Billy is reluctant at first, but finally is convinced by the Wizard to accept his offer. Saying the Wizard ‘s name, Billy is transformed into an adult and receives Shazam ‘s powers. After the Wizard gave him his powers, he disintegrated in front of him. He was then transported back to where he was. [ 2 ] [ 4 ]
Confiding in Freddy
not knowing what to do, Billy decided to go to Freddie for help in figuring out what to do in this predicament. After convincing Freddy that he was indeed Billy, the two worked on figuring out Billy ‘s powers where billy learned he possessed the ability to generate electricity from his hands. When going to a public toilet memory to purchase alcohol, Billy and Freddy lurch upon a robbery where they discover that Billy has super intensity and invulnerability to gunfire. soon after this discovery, Billy well overpowers them and subdues them. Returning dwelling, Billy and Freddy are discovered by Darla where, during his trying to explain to her the position, truncheon learned he could change back to his child self by saying the words “ Shazam ” .
Over the following few days, Billy and Freddy test more of the formers office while stopping small crimes across town. however, the office promptly began to go to Billy ‘s head and he ended up abandoning Freddy after promising to show up at school in his adult form to help increase Freddy ‘s popularity. Freddy located Billy, accused Billy of abusing angstrom well as wasting his powers on juvenile activities, and angrily walked away. [ 2 ]
Meeting Thaddeus Sivana
- “ You’re like a bad guy, right? “
- ―Billy to Thaddeus Sivana[src]
Billy was then confronted by Thaddeus Sivana, a man who once attempted to gain the Wizard ‘s powers as a child entirely to be denied who then absorbed the Seven Deadly Sins. Sivana, wanting to take the exponent of Billy inactive decides to do then by violence when he punches Billy, who was shocked to have been pained. He punches back only for Sivana to lift him up in the air and dribble him, but Billy awakened his power of trajectory near to impact with the anchor, much to his relief .
Freddy noticed Billy fighting in the backdrop, confused with who the villain was. The struggle dragged on inside a promenade with Billy hard outmatched and still not fully understanding his powers. Sivana last pinned Billy to the ground, once more asking for the sorcerer ‘s office. But the latter decided to turn back into his adolescent self again, which blinded Sivana with the bolt of lightning briefly, and blended in with the panic herd. Freddy was inside the plaza looking for Billy and Sivana saw him, remembered his connection to him, and demanded to know where he went. [ 2 ] [ 5 ]
Finding his mother
Billy went back to the Vasquez family, where he was confronted by Victor and Rosa. As Victor was furiously lecturing him for his recklessness and Rosa was treating his injuries, the other foster kids were listening idly. Mary saw the news about this modern superhero and noticed how he was talking to Freddy and realized that Billy is that superhero. The kids went to Billy about this revelation and told him they knew about his search for his ma as Pedro found the notebook he threw away. Eugene said that he managed to actually locate his mother, who just indeed happen to live a few blocks down the street. Billy immediately rushed out with the written address and left the family, with Victor and Rosa furrow after him. When he reached the apartment number, he was scared and uncertain of himself. After he knocked on the door, he had last met his mother, who initially did n’t recognize him. He told her that she was his son that she lost. Upon hearing this, she admitted to Billy that she was not cook to take worry of him due to his father being arrested, kicked out of her own family, and being a young ma at the meter. She told him that when she lost him that day at the fair, she saw her son with the police officers and decide to leave Billy in their care, saying he could be raised better without her. Billy was highly shock and brokenhearted upon this revelation and said that he needed to go back to his real family and left her mother with the prize she won for him all those years ago saying she ‘ll need it. [ 2 ]
- “ I get it. I get what that’s like. Feeling like you’re all alone in the world. Feeling like there’s that one thing, and if you could just find it, then you’d finally be good enough. “
- ―Billy to Thaddeus Sivana[src]
truncheon received a telephone call from Freddy, which he answered and immediately apologized to him. He realized it was Sivana who managed to use Freddy to track down his foster family and take them hostage and promised to them go if he gave him what he wanted. Billy then went to the roof of the apartment complex where he ran and jumped out of it as he transformed into a superhero and flew rear home.
Read more : Spider-Man: No Way Home – Wikipedia
billy arrived to see Sivana and his class there and decided to willingly digest to his demands. Sivana proceeded to create a go on one of the doors that transported them to the Rock of Eternity in which the two left the Vasquez family. The two arrived at the locate where the seven wizards accommodate guidance as Sivana picked up the charming Shazam ‘s staff. He commanded Billy to hold the staff and say the charming ‘s name as the Seven Deadly Sins watched them. They were interrupted by Mary, Darla, Pedro, Eugene, and Freddy who used the still active portal vein and told them to let go of their brother .
truncheon managed to strike Sivana and reunited with his siblings and tried to find a manner out of the Rock of Eternity. Upon realizing the door Sivana made no longer worked, they came across numerous other doors and tested opening those, only to discover they led to wholly different worlds and locations. Billy, trying to see if he can teleport them himself, ended up bringing them to a strip baseball club in Philadelphia he and Freddy once went to. Billy transformed back and decided that he and his siblings should hide at the Christmas Village, but Sivana noted his location from the summoned fall dash. He arrived at the picture and called out Billy for being a coward for jeopardizing the lives of everyone at this event, and demanded he showed himself. Although his family warned against this, he replied that he needed to protect the ones most significant to him and confronted Sivana as the supporter. [ 2 ]
- “ All hands on deck. Say my name.”
“No, not my name! No, say the name that I say to turn into this guy!”
- ―Billy to Freddy, Mary, Darla, Eugene, and Pedro[src]
unfortunately, their contend was cut short as Sivana unleashed the Sins to round his siblings and used them as hostages to force Billy to surrender his powers. As Sivana recalled the Sins, Shazam remembered the ace telling him to fill the thrones of their “ brothers and sisters ”. Seizing the staff and repelling Sivana with it, Billy tells his siblings to take apply, and say his name, echoing the words of the Wizard. After saying “ Billy ”, he told them to say “ Shazam ” rather. By saying “ Shazam ”, a collapse of lightning appeared. Like Billy, Freddy, Mary, Darla, Eugene and Pedro have all now gained the powers of Shazam. Seeing that Sivana is in incredulity, Billy breaks the staff, leaving Sivana unable to steal the Wizard ‘s powers. While the others face off against six of the Sins, Sivana and Billy have their second crusade, racing through the city to try and best one another. In a brief pause during their duel, Sivana began threatening Billy and claiming it would take more than a group of juveniles to save him. however, Billy playfully ignored him and taunted him for monologuing before lunging at him. They unleashed discharges of department of energy upon each other, but they were besides evenly matched. Realizing this, Billy had a split-second to contemplate his adjacent move, but it was all his adversary needed to seize him in a chokehold and skyrocket into the air with him. however, this motion would not work a second time : unblinking, Billy grabbed his face and the two struggled. ultimately ineffective to best Sivana in close combat, he was thrown onto a roof. Billy takes note that his foster siblings are only facing six of the sins, and mentions the concluding stay Sin possessing Sivana ‘s body, the merely one distillery giving him any world power : envy. Insulting Envy, the Sin emerges from Sivana ‘s body, leaving Sivana completely deadly and holding on for beloved life sentence on the edge of the building. envy attacks Billy, but Billy uses the give voice “ Shazam ” to vaporize Envy into mist, before saying the parole again to quickly save a falling Sivana. Billy brings Sivana back to the carnival, and precedes to pull out the Eye of Sin, sucking back in all of the Sins. The Eye then apparently began tempting billy with his deepest desire but he reveals he was merely teasing his siblings, having the common sense not to put a demon ball in his center. Around them, the crowd cheers, and soon after, Billy and the others return to the Rock of Eternity to return the Eye and the Sins. Freddy points out to Billy that they now have a superhero lair. [ 2 ]
A newfangled life
A new haunt
- “ Lair! We got a lair! “
- ―Billy Batson[src]
After their fight with Sivana and the Sins, Billy finally felt like he has found a base, with the Vasquez ‘ and his foster siblings, calling all hands on deck over dinner. late, he and his brothers returned to the Rock. Billy put the Eye back and re-imprisoned the Sins. Freddy was thrilled they had found a place of their own. They proceeded to sit down on six of the thrones before noticing there was an empty seventh throne. [ 6 ]
Living with the Vasquezes
- Freddy Freeman! This guy taught me everything I know about being a dope superhero! True story. You should get some pointers from him. What’s goin’ on?! My best bud in the whole world and also new kids that I’m meeting for the first time but seem very cool. Uh, ha. I invited another friend. I hope that’s okay.“
- ―Billy as the champion[src]
The future day, Billy came to the school cafeteria as the superhero while Mary, Eugene, Pedro and Darla changed their lunch schedules to eat with Freddy and Billy. As the superhero, he impressed the other school kids, telling them that Freddy taught him everything he knows. He besides told Freddy he invited a friend. Looking over, Freddy saw Superman standing justly adjacent to him, and is shocked that the Man of Steel is actually there. [ 2 ] While listening to a police scanner in course, Billy and Freddy listen of a police blockade in response to a museum armed robbery. The pair texted Darla, Eugene, Pedro, and Mary to meet at the lockers, where they transformed into their superhero alter-egos and headed for the museum. They arrived and quickly intervened. Billy shielded the police from the spray of a minigun while his brothers stopped the early hood. The robbers were detained and the art was returned. [ 7 ]
- “ Dude, I get it. I get it. You’ve been screwed over way too many times. You don’t trust anyone. “
- ―Freddy Freeman to Billy Batson[src]
initially, billy seems to be a cynical troublemaking son who does n’t respect authority and prefers to be on his own and advising Mary Bromfield to not worry about everybody else and “ constantly look out for phone number one, ” even hard believing that families are “ for people who ca n’t take manage of themselves ” ; it is soon shown, however, that Billy ‘s behavior is the result of him being separated from his mother at a very young historic period and he ‘s spend years trying to reunite with her. Having grown as an orphan, Billy is dismissive of the mind of families, as he ran from multiple foster homes before and when he was adopted by the Vasquezes he had no concern in socializing with any of his foster siblings and did n’t consider himself to be part of the kin, as he ‘d rather go back to his real mother. Billy can be reserved and quiet, not interacting with others at school and rejecting any friendship attempts from the Vasquezes. Billy has a quite low impression of himself, as when the ace Shazam chose him as his successor and described him as a “ pure soul ”, Billy disagreed and stated that he was not a well person and even believed that sincerely pure people did n’t exist. Despite his flaws, Billy is an inherently good person, as he was will to step up for his foster brother, Freddy when the latter was being picked on by bullies, an act that convinced the Wizard that he was the right person to inherit his powers. Upon obtaining the powers of Shazam, Billy was initially overwhelmed but promptly went to Freddy for advice. Freddy and Billy promptly became best friends over Billy ‘s newfound powers as the two used it for their own entertainment. In his champion class, Billy is more optimistic and bequeath to have fun. initially, Billy was preferably irresponsible with his powers, using them for his own entertainment not paying any care to the consequences of his heedless behavior and not considering Freddy ‘s own opinion of the superhero. It is n’t until Thaddeus Sivana attempted to kill Billy and steal his might that Billy understood that superpowers are n’t simple power fantasies and can be dangerous for himself and the others around himself, after which he starts being more creditworthy with his powers. Billy sees some of his own flaws reflected in Thaddeus Sivana, chiefly in that both of them were disillusioned by the idea of families and spent their lives compulsively trying to find something believing that it ‘d fix all of their problems. Billy slightly empathized with Sivana over their similarities and chose not to let the repair die and alternatively depowered him. When Billy is last reunited with his mother, he learned that she had willingly abandoned him due to him being a adolescent pregnancy child. Following this brief reunion, he realized that his obsession to find his mother had made him selfish and that he was hurting those around him by neglecting them. When Sivana held his foster siblings hostage, who had figured out he was “ captain Sparklefingers ”, Billy was willing to give up his powers to protect them. truncheon apologized to Freddy over his previous bad behavior and grew to appreciate the remainder of the Vasquez family so much that he gave all of them powers so they could help him defeat Sivana and the Deadly Sins. Following Sivana ‘s frustration, Billy and his foster siblings resolved to continue being active superheroes and protectors of the Rock of Eternity. As the supporter, he late publicly admitted that he never could have become the superhero that he is without Freddy ‘s mentor. Billy besides went out of his way to get Superman to visit his school in order to fix Freddy ‘s reputation .
Powers and abilities
- Electricity manipulation, hyper-speed, super-strength. Dude, you’re stacked! You’re almost as cool as Superman. Almost.“
- ―Freddy Freeman to Billy Batson[src]
Divine empowerment : After being chosen by the sorcerer Shazam as his champion, Billy Batson was granted the ability to transform into his “ full electric potential ” with the powers of the ace by calling out the latter ‘s name ( described by Freddy Freeman as “ verbally triggered body-manipulation properties ” ), which summons a rigidly of lightning from the sky and imbues him with all the greatest powers of the gods : the Wisdom of Solomon, the Strength of Hercules, the Stamina of Atlas, the Power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the Speed of Mercury, with the invocation besides being a combination of the first letters in each gods ‘ names. As the champion, Billy has many powers and abilities, which surpass the capabilities of humans, and most other metahumans, to the sharpen where he was noted by Freddy to have powers about comparable to that of Superman. Thaddeus Sivana came to recognize Billy as “ the Chosen One, ” a “ perfect man, ” “ pure of heart, ” and “ flawless in every way. ”
Wisdom of Solomon
- “ With your heart, unlock your greatest power. “
- Genius-level intellect/Superhuman intelligence: While Shazam is initially inexperienced in using this ability, he began to tap into it during his final battle with Sivana and the Seven Sins – the wisdom of Solomon allowed Billy to simultaneously come up with a way to permanently keep his power from Thaddeus Sivana, and even the battlefield against the Sins, by using the Wizard’s staff to transform his foster siblings into the Shazam Family, after which he broke the staff, while also allowing Billy to see how Sivana was being exploited by the Seven Sins, and to trick Envy into exiting Sivana’s body to attack Billy directly, thus stripping Sivana of the latter’s powers. Solomon’s Wisdom also makes Billy an amateur strategist, as he used the wizard’s name to summon lightning to not only distract Sivana so he could escape into a crowd, but also to use the name as a weapon to strike the Seven Deadly Sins. He also appealed to Sivana’s loneliness in an attempt to make peace.
Strength of Hercules
- Superhuman strength: With the strength of Hercules, Billy has incredible superhuman strength, able to easily lift people single-handedly and send them flying, and punch through concrete pillars. He is also able to lift vehicles off the ground, such as the Breyer brothers’ pickup truck and even a 13.75-ton bus, and push a heavy barrel away with a flick of his finger. When discovering what powers he had, Billy was able to jump into the air in an attempt to fly, launching himself ten feet over a skateboard halfpipe ramp. However, he can jump even higher, noted by Freddy Freeman to be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound (much like Superman). Indeed, Billy’s strength is such, that the only times he is ever seen straining are when he battles equally strong opponents (like the empowered Sivana), or when he slowly pulls a magical sphere containing the Seven Sins from Sivana’s eye. His strength was further exhibited when he distributed it among his foster family, with Freddy being able to carry two people at once and Pedro Peña being able to support the weight of a Ferris wheel. Although it wasn’t shown on-screen, Billy was able to throw a football into space, which Freddy videoed and posted, according to students of Fawcett Central School. Billy’s strength is likely comparable to the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.
Stamina of Atlas
- Superhuman stamina: With the stamina of Atlas, Billy is capable of not growing tired despite running incredibly fast and flying through the air even for a long period of time. He is also able to take multiple hits from Sivana and continue fighting without needing a break.
power of Zeus
- Electrokinesis: With the mystical power of Zeus, Billy can generate and project electricity. When first discovering his powers as the champion, Billy was able to instantly charge people’s cell phones with single respective bolts of energy. Billy can also use his lightning to make electronic devices short out, like vending machines. At full power, Billy’s lightning rivaled that of an empowered Sivana. In addition to being extremely powerful, this ability was also extremely precise, with Billy even able to shoot up consecutive lightning bolts, while generating specific sound waves (which he formed into the music from the “Eye of the Tiger.”)
- Regenerative healing factor: While his full healing capabilities were never fully demonstrated, Billy was able to heal the injuries the empowered Sivana inflicted on him within a few minutes.
- Teleportation: As the champion of the wizard Shazam, Billy can exit the Rock of Eternity by mentally concentrating on another location of his choice. This way, Shazam was able to teleport himself and his foster siblings from the Rock into a Philadelphia strip club.
courage of Achilles
- Nigh-Invulnerability: With the courage of Achilles, Billy’s body is virtually invulnerable to most forms of harm, even warning Doctor Sivana that he is “basically invincible”. After Freddy Freeman shattered a wooden baseball bat over his chest, he emerged unscathed from a wooden box that Freddy had doused in gasoline and ignited, repeated crashes into cars left him unscathed, he survived being thrown through multiple skyscrapers and asphalt, and bullets bounced off of Billy on impact, even his face (only slightly “tickling” him). However, Dr. Sivana (when empowered by the Seven Sins to the point that his strength was on par with Billy’s’s) was able to hit and choke Billy hard enough to hurt the latter, and gave Billy a nosebleed with a punch. However, Billy ultimately survived repeated beatings from Sivana and the Seven Sins with minimal injuries. Sivana noted that magical beings at their level can only be harmed by one of their own.
rush of Mercury
- Superhuman speed: With the speed of Mercury, Billy can move at speeds only perceptible to humans as blurry yellow streaks of light, thus being able to knock a criminal down before the latter even knew what happened in under a second, to rapidly rush over to Darla Dudley’s bedside and prevent her from yelling by swiftly covering her mouth, to save Mary Bromfield from being run over, and to quickly disarm a robber. Nonetheless, Billy initially had trouble keeping up with equally fast opponents, like the empowered Sivana, but he adjusted fairly quickly, rivaling the speed of Sivana’s attacks in their subsequent fights, and ultimately outpacing some of the Seven Sins. However, he isn’t as fast as the Flash, Superman or his sister Darla.
- Superhuman reflexes: Due to his super speed, Billy is able to dodge attacks and move around different objects with ease. He quickly reacted to a gun being pointed in his face and caught a punch from Thaddeus Sivana. A less impressive but still noteworthy feat is when he defeated Freddy Freeman in Mortal Kombat by applying his lightning-fast thumbs on a controller.
- Flight: Billy can levitate and fly at fast speeds, being able to keep pace with Thaddeus Sivana and the Seven Deadly Sins.
- “ I can take care of myself. “
- ―Billy Batson to E. B. Glover[src]
- Gifted intellect: Even without the Wisdom of Solomon, Billy is quite intelligent on his own – he once came up with and executed a plan to get access to the police database, which worked perfectly.
- Expert thief: Billy Batson, due to living on his own for most of his life, has become an immensely skilled thief, able to break into cars without triggering alarms.
- Skilled combatant: Billy Batson is a fairly capable combatant in both human and superhero form, able to take down two bullies harassing Freddy Freeman in moments using Freeman’s crutch in his human form. In his superhero form, Billy uses his powers to swiftly overpower opponents, though his combat skills were noticeably inferior to those of Doctor Sivana, who (while empowered by the Seven Sins) rather quickly overpowered Billy in their first battle. Nonetheless, Billy managed to adjust and battled more evenly against the empowered Sivana in their subsequent fights, and personally defeated several of the Seven Sins.
- “ That is why I vowed never to pass on my magic until I find one truly good person. Strong in spirit, pure in heart. “
Read more : Thor: Tình yêu và sấm sét – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
- ―Shazam to Billy Batson[src]
- Indomitable will: Billy Batson has immense willpower and determination, being pure of heart enough to overcome difficult or dangerous situations and overcome strong emotional attachments when necessary. Hence, he tirelessly searched for his mother’s whereabouts for approximately eleven years since their separation, having ran away from twenty-three foster homes across six counties and being willing to break the law on numerous occasions, without ever seeming to lose hope in his pursuit. He also stood up for Freddy Freeman when the latter was being picked on by two bullies (albeit he only did this when the Breyer brothers hit close to home by insulting Freeman for not having his mother present). After the wizard bestowed unto him his divine powers, Billy interfered in an armed robbery at a convenience store even before he learned he could not be harmed by natural means. While he was initially afraid of Sivana, even attempting to flee from the latter upon their first encounter, Billy ultimately overcame his fear of the formidable doctor and later stood up for his foster siblings after realizing that his mother did not want him, even going so far as to offer himself to Sivana in order to protect them. At the carnival, he volunteered to single-handedly take on Sivana while his empowered foster siblings fought the Sins and persisted defiantly against the supervillain until he eventually managed to gain the upper hand. Indeed, Billy showcased his incorruptible willpower by resisting the allure of the Eye of Sin without being slightly tempted (merely pretending to be enticed by it), despite generations of chosen individuals having failed to do so when tested by the wizard Shazam.
- Vocal reliance: The spell that allows Billy to transform into Shazam is purely vocal. Therefore, if he is prevented from speaking, such as being gagged, he will not be able to transform.
- Supernatural beings: Supernatural beings can harm Billy like the Seven Deadly Sins or Thaddeus Sivana.
- Magic immunity: Beings, creatures, and other entities that are totally immune to magic are immune to Shazam’s magical and physical attacks.
- Batarang: Billy used a replica Batarang to attack and briefly stun Thaddeus Sivana during a fight to protect his foster siblings.
- Magic staff: Originally belonging to Shazam, Billy took the staff from Thaddeus Sivana and used it to empower his foster siblings with the power of the gods to help him fight Sivana and the Seven Deadly Sins. Billy then broke the staff to keep its power from being used in the wrong hands.
- “ Dope! My brother, I applaud your choices today. Gold shoes, gold belt, white cape. It shouldn’t work, but hot damn, it does! “
- ―Subway rider[src]
- Shazam suits: When empowered as the champion, Billy wears red bodysuit with a lightning bolt emblazoned on his chest just like the Wizard had, and a hooded white cape with gold trims.
- The name “Shazam” is an acronym of the ancient gods and historical figures who Billy Batson derives his heroic attributes from when in his adult form:
- Solomon – wisdom
- Hercules – strength
- Atlas – stamina
- Zeus – power
- Achilles – courage
- Mercury – speed
- Billy shares the second name “Joseph” with Superman, Lex Luthor and Deathstroke.
- Billy has no social media and does not seem to have an online presence.
- His nickname “Zap-tain America” is a reference to Captain America, a superhero in the Marvel Comics.
- Additionally, his other nickname “Captain Sparklefingers” is also a reference to Captain Marvel, his original name and another superhero in the Marvel Comics.
- Most of his unofficial nicknames are named after his electrokinetic powers.
- Billy’s personality is based on his New 52 incarnation.
Behind the scenes
DC Extended Universe Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Billy Batson. Thehas a solicitation of images and media related to