This can easily be fixed, and below we ’ ll go through 8 solutions on how you can fix the mistake message, ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ .
Let us begin with understanding what ’ s causing the erroneousness in the foremost place.
- Why do you see ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ?
- How to fix ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ?
- solution 1 : Restart your PS4 Console
- solution 2 : Reset your PS4 DUALSHOCK Controller
- solution 3 : Seek a replacement for your Console or Controller
- solution 4 : Check your USB Cable and Port
- solution 5 : update System Software
- solution 6 : restore Default Settings
- solution 7 : rebuild Database
- solution 8 : initialize PS4
Why do you see ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ?
Your console table is said to be in a safe modality loop when you ’ re viewing this error message. Why ? here are a few possible reasons :
- Firmware update: A majority of times, PlayStation users face the error message after updating the firmware .
- Out of date software: If your PlayStation software is outdated for a retentive fourth dimension, it is possibly what is causing the error .
- Malfunctioning USB Cable or Port: The erroneousness could be triggered because either or both the USB cable or port are not working properly .
- Problems with the controller: Your accountant may not be able to connect with the console owing to connectivity problems or ascribable to some inner malfunction .
- Faulty software update: It is possible that the update could not be installed properly on your PS4 console, which is what is triggering the mistake .
- Malfunctioning Console: Although it is highly improbable, we placid can not rule out the hypothesis that the mistake is the consequence of a malfunction comfort .
How to fix ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ?
here are 8 solutions that you can try to fix ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ .
solution 1 : Restart your PS4 Console
If this is the beginning time that you have seen the message ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ; the easiest sterilize is restarting the PS4 console .
All you have to do is turn off your comfort for a while, say 30 seconds, and then turn it back on. It should fix the publish, and if the problem inactive persists, keep trying the other solutions till one works out for you .
solution 2 : Reset your PS4 DUALSHOCK Controller
This solution should work if there ’ s an offspring with your PS4 restrainer that ’ south causing your PS4 to show the error message. We will try ONLY hard resetting your PS4 accountant since the soft-reset requires another accountant to be connected to the PS4 console table. This, unfortunately, is improbable to happen since your PS4 is already in a safe loop modality .
Hard-resetting PS4 Controller :
Hard-resetting will revert the accountant ’ mho data into default factory settings .
Follow the steps below to hard-reset your DUALSHOCK PS4 Controller :
- Turn off your PS4 .
- Turn over your accountant to its rear side. You will see a little hole on the shoulder of the L2 push button .
- Using a paper clip or any other object that is narrow enough to be inserted into the control, push the inside of the hole .
- Hold the newspaper nip in place, with adequate pressure applied, for 5 seconds .
- Your accountant is now hard-reset .
- Connect the accountant to the PS4 comfort using a USB cable .
- turn on the PS4 console table and expect for the comfort to boot up. If, upon booting up, your console does not show the message, ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ; the trouble is fixed .
- now, to connect the control to the cabinet, bid the ‘ PlayStation ’ button on the control. The light cake will turn gloomy, indicating the restrainer is connected to the cabinet .
solution 3 : Seek a replacement for your Console or Controller
Depending on what is malfunctioning, your console or your restrainer, seek a refilling if your PlayStation is placid under guarantee .
To check if your PS4 restrainer is working, connect it to another console or your personal computer. If the personal computer recognizes the control, it is working merely fine, which means there may be an issue with the console table .
however, before blaming it all on the console table, besides check if the cable or USB connection is damaged ( more on that in the future solution ) .
You can seek a surrogate or rectify ( as per the guarantee claims policy ) from Sony for the malfunctioning part of your PlayStation under the pursuit link : hypertext transfer protocol : //hardware.support.playstation.com/ .
solution 4 : Check your USB Cable and Port
If the error message you see onscreen is after you connect your PS4 accountant to your console using the USB Cable, it is possible that the problem lies within the cable television or port .
To check if the USB Cable is working, plug it into your personal computer, and if it is recognized by the personal computer ( along with the device ), it is functional, which means there could be a problem with the PSB Port .
Try connecting your PS4 accountant to a different USB port since all PS4 consoles have more than one USB port. If the error message is gone, it means it was one specific port that was causing the exit .
however, if the issue still persists, try the follow solutions :
- look for soil and debris in the USB port. Clean it using a toothpick, or blow air into the port .
- Check for break or easy internal connections. To do this, fireplug into the USB port and wiggle the connection. If you hear some movement, it is a signboard that there could be some inner damage to the larboard.
- If none of the solutions mentioned above knead, it is potential that there is an offspring with the USB hardware. In this subject, there is nothing much you can do but get a replacement for your PlayStation, or get it fixed by a master .
solution 5 : update System Software
- Turn off your PS4 comfort. then hold the power button on the rear end of the console table for some time to hear two beeps. The second honk will close be followed by the beginning beep with a opening of 5 seconds .
- You will hush be seeing the message, “ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ”, however, this time, it will be on a black background. Connect your PS4 accountant to the comfort using a USB Cable, or any other connection that transmits data .
- Press the ‘ PlayStation ’ push button on the comfort, and you ’ ll be redirected to safe mood, where you ’ ll have 7 options on the screen .
- Select ‘ Update System Software ’. then blue-ribbon ‘ Update Using Internet ’ .
- This will try updating your system software to the most late available adaptation .
This solution is for times when you ’ ve gone excessively farseeing without updating your PS4. Updating your PS4 to the most late version shall hopefully fix the problem in this case .
solution 6 : restore Default Settings
Restoring default settings will not delete your data but will restore the nonpayment settings and the cache on your PS4 .
- Follow the beginning three steps from Solution 4 .
- Select ‘ Restore Default Settings ’ .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restore nonpayment settings .
- once restored, reboot your PS4 cabinet to check if the error persists .
solution 7 : rebuild Database
Rebuilding database is a fairly authentic choice in the Safe mode. If you ’ re facing the mistake message, ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’, after updating your PlayStation, rebuilding database can help fix the lapp .
Since PS4 has downloaded a new update to the existing firmware, it is possible the console could not sift through the data to find the update, and hence has gone into the dependable loop mode ( ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’ ) .
Rebuilding the database will tell the cabinet where to look for the relevant data ( the update, in this case ) on the drive. Once the process is complete, the console or the system will now be able to find and retrieve the data it needs, and hence be more responsive, and fix the trouble .
here is how you can ‘ Rebuild Database ’ :
- Follow the first three steps from Solution 4 .
- Select ‘ Rebuild Database ’ from the options given .
- Select ‘ OK ’. then, wait for a while as you see the PlayStation logo on the screen .
- After some time, there will be a progress bar indicating the progress of the procedure .
- once the procedure is complete, your comfort will restart. Check to see if the problem remains .
solution 8 : initialize PS4
If none of the options has worked for you, try initializing your PS4. This will delete all the data from your PlayStation. however, you can log in to your Sony account and download your games back. All other data will be deleted, except for the arrangement software, which means that your PS4 hard drive will be restored to the initial factory set .
Follow the steps below to ‘ Initialise PS4 ’ :
- Follow the first three steps from Solution 4 .
- Select ‘ Initialise PS4 ’ .
- Select ‘ OK ’, and the procedure of low-level formatting will begin .
- once dispatch, the console will reboot itself. If you could calm see the error on the screen, saying, ‘ Can not Start PS4. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 ’, move to reinstalling System Software discussed below .
Reinstall System Software
This process is the lapp as low-level formatting, with an extra layer of deletion to be done. In reinstalling organization software, you besides delete your operate system along with wiping your hard driveway scavenge. If the error message is the consequence of a late update of the firmware, reinstalling system software is a fairly solution to fix the lapp .
here is how you can ‘ Reinstall System Software ’ :
- Follow the first three steps from Solution 4 .
- Below ‘ Initialize PS4 ’, you ’ ll see another option that reads ‘ Initialise PS4 ( Reinstall System Software ) ’.
- blue-ribbon this choice and delay for the process to complete .
- This is the last recourse in the safe mode, and it should fix your problem .