Facebook Live — Tips & Tricks
now that Facebook allows anyone with a smart call and a Facebook profile to go ON AIR from anywhere in the world, trying to stand out and getting relevant viewers is becoming harder. But we have a few tips and trick for you that might give you a competitive edge . If you are even not using professional equipment to go know, here are some suggestions to make your pour count and sound better :
- Use a tripod. Doesn’t matter if it’s a table tripod or a professional one, they all have ability to hold your cellular phone. Holding the phone with your hands while on air ends up in a shaky video, looking amateur and hard to watch.
- Shoot vertically. No other way to do it (unless it’s Periscope).
- Doing an Interview? Use a mic. You can actually connect a dynamic microphone to your cell to ignore the noises around you.
- Write a good description of what you are broadcasting, people will mostly see an auto generated thumbnail (if they disabled the video auto-play on FB) but good text will make them press play and join the stream.
- Make sure to write the text for the live broadcast post in advance, so when the time comes and you have to go live in a matter of seconds you don’t need to start thinking about a good copy. You can use Notes app and copy-paste it.
- Once you go live your followers will be notified by Facebook, but make sure to do a small (or big) build-up to your broadcast: create a FB event (and then share the link inside) or just let people know about a very interesting event (teaser) they wouldn’t want to miss. Cross platform it on all social media platforms and websites you can to get exposure.
- Make sure to enable Plane Mode or use a call blocking app, if you don’t want every phone call to cut your stream.
- You need a strong and stable internet connection. A protected WIFI network is recommended, especially if many people in your area will use the same one at the same time you plan to go live. 4G is also good if you are alone and signal is strong.
- Use a phone with a good camera for a better video, one that performs good in poor lighting.
- If you are shooting a conference with a big back-lit screen in the frame, the person speaking in front of it will look dark. Choose an angle with a wider angle so the camera will average the lighting optimally.
- Not all content is worth sharing. If you over share live videos that has no real value to your followers, they will probably disable live notifications and won’t watch your next video.
- Ask your viewers to subscribe to your live videos if they find you interesting, most people are not aware to this feature even if they do want to subscribe.
- Try to be creative and create specific content for your audience, listen to their needs and build a live video that will answer their requests for information and content. Hosting a public figure that has many followers is always a good start.
- Be friendly. When people comment with a question, try to respond by talking to them directly in the video (if possible) or answer their comment in the comment box. Viewers love to hear their name on the broadcast and will probably interact with you again.
- It takes some time until your video reaches people and your video gets traction. Don’t go live for a 5-minute session, try to make it at least 30 minutes so people can join your stream when they see their friends interacted with your post. The longer you are on-air the more people your post reaches while you are still broadcasting.
- If you want to test your FB live broadcast, make sure to create a new “test” page only you can see or use your profile with the privacy filter set to “only me”, so your followers won’t be disturbed by posts and notifications not relevant for them.
- When possible, try to fill-in the late joiners, talk about what’s showing, who is talking and encourage them to ask questions, this will decrease drop rate of viewers.
- Create in advance a list of links to FB groups you would like to share your broadcast to, it’s a good way to get some quick viewers to join. Make sure not to spam and be smart doing so.
How to broadcast on Facebook Live from a computer
While you are able to stream populate content in a pawl of a button using your mobile device, streaming content from a computer is still very difficult. The very few options are either very expensive ( Wirecast. Livestream ) or very complicated for the non-tech end drug user ( OBS ), and sometimes even both.
Reading: Facebook Live — Tips & Tricks
While Facebook keeps promising new features but rolls it first to celebrities and affirm pages, some companies are already building their own Facebook Live tools and features. One of those companies is israeli BeLive. BeLive is the second product coming from the couple behind the company. Their 1st product, called AweVid, gave people the ability to stream an event from multiple cellular phones while a “ Director ” from home managed the be feed people saw bouncy from the event. While trending in sport events, riots and live news events, the founders realized they need to be on a platform where their audience is spending most of his time- Facebook .
“ Over clock, we saw that Facebook became a major player in the hot streaming fit and has what a young inauguration doesn ’ t have- Users. We than decided to pivot our product and trust on Facebook ’ s exploiter establish, giving their users the might of our tools. We nowadays enable regular ( non-verified ) users to use the newest Facebook Live features, including some that are yet to be developed by Facebook, while still engaging with their friends and followers on Facebook ”, says Tzafrir Rehan, Belive ’ s CTO .
How to stream to Facebook Live from a computer?
First, BeLive ’ s chopine lone works with Google Chrome. Click this link and logarithm in with your Facebook account. Create a new broadcast and fill in the details in the window. Use a real electronic mail, the platform will send you a connect to your broadcast in shell you want to go alive in a late stage and want everything to be cook in promote . Second, click the Connect With Facebook release so BeLive can get entree to the pages and groups you admin. After that you will be asked to select the finish of your live stream. There is besides a Testing only option, in case you are afraid of going live by chance, so it only gives you the management dialog box without the ability to stream to Facebook . Third, after you approved all the above, you reach your control panel, where you manage your circulate and moderate the comments. once you click the Join Broadcast button, you will ultimately see yourself on the screen. This is only a preview of how you look, you are still not live on Facebook. This is besides the stage to select your camera and mic ( search for the video recording television camera icon in Chrome ’ south address banish ). To go live on Facebook click the Start Facebook Live Broadcast release on the right. The small window on the correct is your stream ’ south preview, where you see what your users actually see on their side . Below your preview screen door you have the On-Screen Update line- this is where you send on-screen updates to your hearing in real fourth dimension, the update last 5 seconds and supports multi linguistic text. nowadays, you can finally start the interest part-on the bottom-left corner you will start seeing the comments left by viewers after you go live. future to each comment you have a Show button. Clicking this button will float the comment along with the name and profile photograph of the user ’ sulfur profile on the screen door. It will remain in-screen until you click the Show button on another remark or click the Hide push button on the same comment. New comments will float on your big screen so you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate miss them while talking, but lone you can see them. This integral process should take you 10–15 minutes on your first undertake and 5 minutes once you do it on the second time .
How to connect a pro camera to your computer
unfortunately, this time the solution is not free but is has a bang-up result, so the ROI is amazing if you do intend to use a pro television camera for your Facebook Live broadcasts finally . If you recently tried to connect a professional television camera to your calculator ( Via USB, HDMI, etc. ) you already know they don ’ triiodothyronine speak the same language. The computer normally recognizes the camera as a storage device so you can download your footage, and that HDMI port on your laptop is output only. This is where the Magewell USB Capture Dongle gets into the picture. It operates like an external graphic video calling card. The dongle is your solution to connect any television camera ( that has an HDMI end product ) to your calculator so they can talk to each other. Using the friendly ‘ Plug and Play ’ protocol the calculator recognizes the device without you ever need to lift a finger and install a software or download a driver for it to work, it works on all major operating systems- Windows, Linux and tied OSX, just like you connect another keyboard to your computer .Magewell USB Capture HDMI
Why use Magewell’s card and not others?
- The main reason is it’s simplicity- the dongle streams the content in DirectX protocol so the computer it is connected to thinks you are using a basic webcam and using the ‘Plug and Play’ all you need to do is connect both ends of the dongle and start broadcasting. It connects to your USB3.0 port, 300–350MB/s throughput and it is compatible with USB 2.0.
- The process of video and audio is done by the dongle and will not occupy the CPU, this is a major challenge using a weak laptop for live-streaming, as it drinks up all you CPU power and will basically drain your computing power.
- It can automatically detect the input video formats and it will adjust to the set output size and frame rate automatically, you don’t need to start adjusting the video resolution.
now, the good and video from your camera are streamed to your computer- you can connect a professional microphone ( 1 or more ) to your camera and get the quality sound to your computer immediately. You can besides control every expression of the video- shutter amphetamine, optical soar and basically everything you ever wanted but didn ’ metric ton have in your basic webcam. You can connect as many Magewell ’ s as your your calculator allows but keep in heed you besides need a means to control multiple input sources to choose from ( OBS, Wirecast, Livestream ) The Magewell can shoot 1080p in up to 60 fps, resulting in a very wrinkle and smooth video quality, equitable remember Facebook itself only has 720p in it ’ s Live platform .
Facebook Live from a pro camera using a smartphone
Magewell USB Capture HDMI Make certain you have the under list : once you install the Camera Fi Live app, connect the OTG cable to your mobile call on one side and to the Magewell Dongle on the other side. Use an HDMI cable to connect your professional camera to the Magewell Dongle, turn on the pro camera and launch the Camera Fi app.
If you connected everything right, you should see the pour from your pro camera in the Camera Fi app. If not, the app will remind you to connect a television camera to your earphone. future tone is to login into the social network you wish to stream to, choose between : Facebook, Youtube, UStream and Wowza. once you click Facebook you will need to choose whether to stream to your own profile or to one of the occupation pages you manage. If you wish to change the stream output signal you can click the circle logo in the to impart corner and change from your profile to your page or group. Since Camera Fi is a freemium app, the basic adaptation is quite limited. You can choose to stream in 720p as soap solution and add the text to your post, but you will have a water line on your pour until you pay ( 7.99 $ / calendar month or 69.00 $ / year ) and than you can stream in HD, upload a preview photograph to your video recording and enjoy some more premium features. The basic version will still allow you to choose between your pro camera and each of the smartphone ’ south cameras, so you actually have 3 different cameras to stream from and you can choose between them anytime and quite easily. You can besides choose an audio reference, be it the smartphone ’ s mic or some professional equipment connected to your pro camera. once you go live you have the choice to share the video directly from the app, because leaving it will cause your video recording to pause and even end if you don ’ metric ton open the Camera Fi app again. You will besides be able to see the viewer ’ sulfur comments on you video but you won ’ thymine be able to answer them from the app. One of the coolest features in the app is streaming from both of the smartphone ’ mho cameras ( presence and rear ) as having one of them in the bottom right recess. You will besides be able to apply certain filters and draw on the video recording so your viewers can see .
Don’t have a DSLR / Camcorder?
not a boastfully cope. If you have a USB webcam you can connect it directly to the OTG cable television and save the money and trouble of buying expensive dongles and cables. This will enable you to be more creative with the angles and points of scene, differently impossible from your smartphone. unfortunately, the Camera Fi app must remain operating while you are broadcasting, so you will not be able to use your smartphone during the pour .
How to create a Facebook Live poll video
Please beware, by creating Facebook Live polls you are violating Facebook’s Reactions guidelines . If you were on satellite earth during the last US election period you couldn ’ t have escaped the new drift in the Facebook Live arena- the Live Poll. From Trump and Clinton, to Messi and Ronaldo and Cats vs. Dogs, it was all over the internet, gaining reactions, views and organic pass like a hurricane, driving little and un-important Facebook pages to amazing numbers, rewarding their efforts to be the first to introduce the chopine. A week late and every major Facebook foliate was doing it, the method acting to create the PHP script to scrape the Facebook API for reactions counter became known and spread like wildfire with no conclusion in sight. Thanks to some good people, we immediately have the ability to create Facebook Live Polls in a matter of clicks, no code needed and they made it for unblock, I know they worked in truth hard on it and we now have a unblock creature which is besides super easy to use. The system was created by Hayden Ryan and u can use it from here. beginning, choose your template in the main filmdom now, create a newly Facebook Live television from your page ’ sulfur publication Tools and copy-paste the stream key to OBS ( Settings- > Stream ). Click future to see the preview sieve in you Facebook video recording. now you need to pull the video recording ID to connect OBS and the count system. To get your video ID without having to publish the video first, suction stop Embed in the top leave corner of your preview window and copy the numeral after the “ video_id= ” text . now all you have to do is choose the reactions you want to use, set the text for each option and you can besides play with the background color and attention deficit disorder prototype, but that ’ s something you ’ ll find easy doing with OBS.
Read more: Integration Rules
once you finalized the details for your current, click Submit. In the following screen you ’ ll get your stream ’ randomness ID, which is lone useful if you want to change something belated. The concern liaison you ’ ll want to copy is the one under, where it says where you can view your pour ( see below ). Copy this link and paste it in you OBS ’ mho BrowserSource to connect all ends and you are good to go. Start streaming in Obs and chink Go Live in your preview Facebook window. That ’ s it . As you can see, Hayden included a Donate clitoris, feel absolve to express your gratitude for this ridicule ’ mho contribution, as he saved you money as well .
To make certain you don ’ thymine miss any news program or interviews subscribe to the Subsign newsletter here : http://eepurl.com/bZIFJr