- This article is about the original Captain America. For other characters who have held the title, see Captain America (disambiguation).
- Captain America
- Background information
- Character information
- Video games
- See besides
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter ( cameo ; photograph and archive footage )
(cameo; photograph and archive footage)
Reading: Captain America
Agent Carter (archive footage)
Iron Man Experience (poster)
Brian Bloom (Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes)
Captain America from Marvel Comics
Steven Grant Rogers
Leader of the Avengers (formerly)
Grief Counselor (formerly)
( once )
( once )
Strategic Scientific Reserve ( once )
( once ) Avengers (formerly) United States Army (formerly) Howling Commandos (formerly)Strategic Scientific Reserve (formerly) S.H.I.E.L.D. (formerly)
New York City
Freedom, peace, justice, his friends, protecting his friends, hot dogs, french fries, carrot cake, champagne, Marvin Gaye, dancing with Peggy
Corruption, war, evil, not being taken seriously, oppression, injustice, his past self, bad language, his parents’ death
Powers and abilities
The Super Soldier Serum enhanced Rogers’ mind and body to the peak of human efficiency
( once ) Mjolnir (formerly)
Joseph Rogers † (father)
Sarah Rogers † (mother)
Harrison Carter † (Endgame timeline) (father-in-law)
Amanda Carter † (Endgame timeline) (mother-in-law)
Michael Carter † (Endgame timeline) (brother-in-law)
Peggy Carter † ( Endgame timeline ) ( wife ) Sharon Carter (former crush)(wife) source
- “ I can do this all day. ”
- ―Steve Rogers[src]
Captain America ( real number mention Steven Grant “Steve” Rogers ) is a superhero from Marvel Comics. He made his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the 2011 film, Captain America: The First Avenger, and is the eponymous protagonist of the Captain America films, and a featured character in the Avengers films. Captain America is a super-soldier from World War II who was frozen in frost for 70 years and then resumed his heroic duties. An exalted american english hero, Captain America advocates for freedom and department of justice as the leader and one of the founding members of the superhero team known as the Avengers. After the events of Captain America: Civil War, Steve became a fugitive from the authorities, known as Nomad. however, five years after the Infinity War, Captain America rejoins the Avengers to undo the Thanos ‘s snap by traveling back in meter to collect the Infinity Stones. They were successful in undoing the elasticity and managed to defeat an understudy version of Thanos and his armies. In the end of Avengers: Endgame, Captain America travelled back in time to return all of the Infinity Stones to their proper places, but alternatively of returning to the show, Steve stayed in an alternative timeline in the past so he could live out the rest of his liveliness with the womanhood he loves, Peggy Carter. He then returned to the stage in the original timeline as an aged man and named Sam Wilson his successor by giving him his shield. Captain America was created by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon .
Captain America is the arrant of heart. He is defined by his strong courage, patriotism, and righteousness. He is even worthy to wield Mjölnir. Steve has always had a baronial and honest spirit, illiberal towards injustice and abuses of office. Since he grew up weak and small, he learned on his own that true lastingness is having the courage to fight against abuse no count one ‘s power and having compassion for the innocent. Despite being transformed into a perfective human by the Super Soldier Serum, he maintained his original liveliness and character. Since his reawaken, Steve was saddened by losing so a lot from his time but placid retains the same values he had since the 1940s. due to his famed past exploits and his continue works to save the universe, Rogers is generally respected by many ; even if he does n’t seek recognition for his deeds. What separates Steve from the other Avengers is his humanness and morality. Steve is an extremely dedicate person. Despite being physically weak and small, and rejected many times due to his delicate health, he inactive tried to enlist in the Army during World War II. Steve tried to be of serve in whatever way he was allowed ; even when his talents were wasted when he was ordered to inspire the american soldiers and support the American war attempt by starring in U.S. propaganda. When he heard that the 107th battalion, including Bucky, was captured in a nearby HYDRA facility, Steve disobeyed his lake superior ‘s orders and went behind enemy lines in a seem suicide mission and rescued them. Steve finds the courage to defend the faint and innocent, not hesitating to stand up to corrupt bureaucrats or knock-down beings like Loki. A true bomber, Steve will even sacrifice himself to protect others. Steve is not afraid to do what ‘s right for the greater good and make the tough choices, even if it might be dearly-won to him personally. As a soldier and an Avenger, Steve knows wide well that war has its casualties and some of his dearest friends or flush himself may need to make the ultimate sacrifice. Steve once had to tell Natasha Romanoff to close the Chitauri portal vein, despite Stark not being out however. Steve was besides willing to fight his best acquaintance Bucky Barnes when the latter was preventing Steve from saving over three million innocent lives. Despite this, Steve will constantly prioritize civilian lives ; for model, Steve would not abandon Novi Grad until all of its citizens were evacuated, even when Ultron was planning on smashing the city to the ground to create more damage to Earth. As seen during World War II and the Chitauri Invasion, Steve has demonstrated impressive charisma and leadership skills. He is able to command esteem from his companion Avengers and the deathless loyalty of his Howling Commandos. Steve ‘s extraordinary ability to not only inspire the nobility in others but besides ass battle situations and come up with effective strategies made his chap Avengers recognize him as the leader of their team. During the Chitauri fire on New York, Steve focused on directing civilian authorities in order to keep the citizens safe and off the streets while the rest of the Avengers focused their efforts on taking out the Chitauri ‘s military assets. even when outnumbered by the forces of HYDRA within S.H.I.E.L.D., Steve was able to get Wilson, Hill, Romanoff, and even Fury, along with the loyal agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to fight back against HYDRA and stop Project Insight from being achieved. As a result, Steve cope HYDRA their first devastating blow in decades, since he fought against them in World War II. Steve ‘s uncompromising sense of ethical motive and altruism sometimes puts him at odds with Tony Stark, who is more comfortable with a grey morality to protect people. This has led to respective moments of bicker, arguments, and about physical fights over the management of the Avengers in how to protect people. however, despite their differences, they both respect each other, study well in concert, and have even formed a friendship. Steve ‘s feel of duty exceeds his personal feelings, however, his smell of loyalty is difficult to surpass. After realizing the Winter Soldier was his long think to be dead best supporter Bucky, he alone fought him to disable HYDRA ‘s Helicarriers. however, once the Helicarriers were destroyed, he immediately stopped fighting the Winter Soldier in an attack to reason with him and help him remember their friendship. Since being defrosted by S.H.I.E.L.D., Steve was lost in a world he no longer knew. America had changed ; though engineering had greatly advance, humane morals were constantly being compromised in favor of political expedience. To make matters worse, most of the people he loved from his past were gone or greatly aged. even while working with S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers, Steve still had no real liveliness outside of being a soldier. Steve did not know how to belong and strives to uphold his code of honor in this raw complicated populace. Although he finally met both Peggy and Bucky, Steve was still a “ serviceman out of time ”. however, after the struggle against Ultron, Steve last realized that he was no longer the serviceman he was before he was flash-frozen. Hence, Steve decided to focus his life on good helping people, taking a permanent role as the drawing card of the second embodiment of the Avengers .
Powers and abilities
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: The Super Soldier Serum (SSS) metabolized and enhanced Steve’s physical and mental attributes to the peak of human efficiency. He possesses enhanced intelligence, strength, speed, senses, durability, agility, stamina, dexterity and reflexes, as well as accelerated healing factor. As a result of the Super Soldier serum, he was transformed from a frail young man into a “perfect” specimen of human development and conditioning. The SSS is definite, meaning if he decided to live an unhealthy lifestyle, none of his enhanced abilities would weaken and maintains an overall healthy lifestyle including a regular exercise regimen and a balanced diet.
- Enhanced Strength: Steve’s physical strength is enhanced to considerable superhuman levels. In Captain America: Civil War, he was able to exert his strength to stop a moving helicopter with one hand.
- Enhanced Speed: Steve’s speed is enhanced to the levels that are greater than any Olympic class runners in the world. While jogging, he ran for 13 miles in 30 minutes as stated by Sam Wilson, resulting his warm-up speed at approximated 28 mph (which is as fast as Usain Bolt’s top speed). In Avengers: Infinity War, he was able to run at near equal speeds with Black Panther who can run as fast as a zebra while running towards the Outriders.
- Enhanced Stamina: Steve’s body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing chemicals in his muscles, granting him exceptional endurance and lung capacity. He can exert himself at peak capacity for a hour without any rest and before showing any signs of fatigue.
- Enhanced Agility: Steve’s agility is greater than that of an Olympic gold medalist. He can coordinate his body with balance, flexibility, and dexterity. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he was able to leap from his apartment building to the next building at longer distance.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Steve’s reflexes is beyond the limits of the Olympic-level athletes. He can dodge gunfire even in point blank range from multiple gunners at the same time.
- Enhanced Durability: Steve’s bones and muscles are denser and harder than normal, to the highest human potential, which makes him very durable compared to a normal human. He withstand getting punched by Winter Soldier’s bionic arm multiple times.
- Enhanced Healing Factor: Steve’s healing speed and efficiency is at the highest limits of human potential, which means he can heal faster than any normal human. The white blood cells (WBCs) and the SSS in his body are efficient enough to fight off any microbe, foreign body, and others from his body keeping him healthy and immune to most if not all infections, diseases, and disorders, also Steve cannot become intoxicated by alcohol, drugs, or impurities in the air and is immune to terrestrial diseases. He is also highly resistant to hypnosis or gases that could limit his focus, due to this accelerated healing factor of his; Steve has extensively healthy perfect cells.
- Enhanced Intelligence: After been injected with the Super Soldier Serum, Steve’s intelligence is enhanced. He can rapidly come up with the most effective strategies and tactics to defeat his enemies; this is one of the reasons why he is such a great tactician and leader.
- Enhanced Senses: Steve’s senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch are enhanced to the peak of human potential. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he was able to track the sweat tipping from a man’s face showing signs of danger.
- Enhanced Memory: Steve’s powers of memory are enhanced to an extraordinary degree. For instance, during his raid on the Red Skull’s installation, Steve was able to completely memorize a detailed map of Hydra installations with only a few seconds study. Furthermore, he was then able to exactly reproduce it for his superiors.
- Enhanced Longevity: Since been injected with the Super Soldier Serum; Steve’s aging has nearly completely stopped, due to rapid regeneration of extensively healthy perfect cells. Avengers: Endgame shows the limits of this longevity, as Steve returned to the original 2023, from living around 70 years in an alternate timeline since 1949, looking like a very old man.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant/Martial Artist: Steve is highly experienced in hand-to-hand combat. He mastered several forms of unarmed combat disciplines and well versed in American boxing, kickboxing, Judo, Wushu, Jujitsu, and few other martial arts. While the majority of the instructors’ curricula were simplified for training the Allied Forces, it is possible that they trained Steve in the more complex techniques because his body was already developed for them, his enhanced powers of memory allowed him to learn quickly, and because the majority of his combat knowledge (including his gymnastic-based techniques) was already established prior to his awakening by the Avengers. As a result, Steve is one of the best fighters in the world, rivaled only by his best friend, Winter Soldier and Black Panther.
- Master Shield Fighter: Steve’s years of training and experience with his unique shield, as well as its physical properties, allow him to accomplish amazing feats with the item. Aside from bashing foes and blocking incoming attacks, he is able to throw it with nearly perfect aim. Steve can hit multiple targets with the same throw by means of ricochet, and could even achieve a boomerang-like return effect, allowing him to strike enemies from behind or retrieve the shield without objects to ricochet from.
- Master Tactician: Steve is an accomplished tactician. He had been widely considered one of, if not the greatest, tacticians on the planet, both on and off the battlefield. He is able to formulate battle strategies and his brilliant tactical sense allows him to alter any strategy to fit the changing need of the situation.
- Advanced Military Operator: Steve is well-versed in all Armed force disciplines including intelligence gathering, escape arts, assassination, demolition, survival tactics, hunting, swimming, mountaineering, march or drill skills, map making, map reading, and decoding cipher and other secret code messages, reading and making woodcraft signs and other secret code languages, disguising, interrogation, computers, explosives, communication systems, vehicles, and electronic appliances used in armed forces.
- Master Acrobat: Steve’s years of training and experience have made him an expert acrobat, gymnast, and aerialist.
- Professional Sketch Artist: Steve has a great artistic skill that he developed from childhood.
- Expert Marksman: Steve can throw most projectile weaponry with great aim and is well-versed in the use of firearms, though he prefers not to use them.
- Weapons Proficiency: Steve does not typically utilize weapons other than his shield, but in desperate situations, he wields additional weapons to ensure victory. He is proficient in wielding swords, daggers, throwing knives, staffs, sticks, tonfa, axes, maces, clubs, and even firearms.
- Bilingual: Steve is capable of fluently speaking English and French. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he communicate with George Batroc while speaking French.
- Expert Driver/Pilot: Steve is proficient in driving cars, motorcycles, trucks, jets, tankers, helicopters, motorboats, submarines, and some types of trains and utility vehicles.
- Stealth: Steve was able to sneak around the HYDRA base where Bucky was held and was able to sneak around the Helicarrier, regardless of the surveillance.
- Captain America uniform: As Captain America, Steve wears a water and fire retardant costume, which is made of kevlar, nomex, and lightweight titanium. The suit also offers a medium level of resistance to electric shocks and force impacts i.e., falls from 30 meters height and cannot be pierced by normal conventional sharp edged materials like sharp wood, glass, iron, copper, and aluminum. The suit also gives some resistance to high temperatures. He carries a voice-operated, wireless communicator in his left ear, which has its frequencies blocked making it highly difficult to trace its call.
- Utility Belt: Steve wears a utility belt containing mission-specific equipment such as a first aid kit (containing tweezers, antiseptic gel-coated bandages, bone and muscle pain reliever spray cans, and antidotes for some toxins) and others.
- Avengers Identicard: Steve holds an Avengers Identicard that identifies him as a member of the Avengers and grants him the associated privileges.
- Captain America’s Shield: Rogers’ primary weapon is his concave disk shield. The shield is about 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds painted in its familiar red-white-and-blue pattern with a five-pointed star design in its center, constructed by Howard Stark and made from Vibranium. The vibranium composition allows the shield to absorb and reflect kinetic energy from impacts, therefore, making it nigh-indestructible. Nearly every kind of human weaponry cannot even dent it, as bullets normally bounce off it. The shield is also strong enough to combat magic and mystical weapons, such as Thor’s hammer Mjølnir. It also withstood Iron Man’s repulsers, deflecting them in a coordinated team attack. The shield’s shape makes it a superb throwing weapon. It can cut through the air with minimal wind resistance. It is also able to bounce off solid objects, such as walls and floors, when struck on its edge and can be ricocheted off of multiple surfaces. It also makes a formidable and devastating hand-held weapon. Combined with Rogers’ strength and combat skills, it enables him to plow through virtually any opponent. The vibranium in the shield also enables Rogers to withstand great falls and devastating blows that he couldn’t otherwise. At the end of the Avengers Civil War, Rogers surrendered the shield to Tony Stark acknowledging that Howard Stark had made it and he had proven unworthy of it. However, its durability was finally put to the limit when fighting Thanos; after repeated strikes from the titan’s double-blade, combined with Thanos’s immense strength, eventually broke it in half.
- Wakandan Shields: In Avengers: Infinity War, Rogers was given two-handed shields in Wakanda, capable of collapsing to be smaller and used as gauntlets for punching. The shield’s points are incredibly sharp, creating an offensive weapon, being able to pierce the skin of Outriders. He used them to go against Thanos himself, even managing to strike him three times in quick succession.
Captain America: The First Avenger
- “ I don’t want to kill anyone. I don’t like bullies. I don’t care where they’re from. ”
- ―Steve Rogers
In the 1940 ‘s, Steve Rogers is seen as a belittled and visibly fallible young adult with many health problems who attends the funeral of his mother with his best ally Bucky Barnes. Bucky offers Steve to stay with him at his home. When Steve thanks him for this but declines, Bucky replies with “ I ‘m with you until the end of the line ”. Steve tries to enlist in the war but is turned down due to poor health. Despite the fact that it was illegal to lie on enlistment forms, he kept lying about where he was from on each of the five tries. late on, when he watches a movie, there is an ad about helping out in the war, and a thuggish world in the movie theater is annoyed by the commercial. Steve tells him to show some esteem, and this becomes his one-way slate to being assaulted. He is dragged into the spinal column bowling alley behind the field and is bullied, only for his acquaintance Bucky to arrive and save him, then invites him to a double date. When asked where they are going, Bucky replies “ to the future ”. Steve and Bucky attend Howard Stark ‘s exhibition with their dates and Bucky prepares to go off to war. however, Steve spends the whole date distracted and decides to enlist in the military again. Bucky sees it but does not stop him. Before Bucky goes away with the two ladies, Steve asks him to not win the war without him. This conversation is overheard by Dr. Abraham Erskine, who goes in to see Steve. After talking with him, Dr. Erskine approves Steve and offers a chance to join the army by being a campaigner for “ Project Rebirth ”, which Steve accepts. Steve goes to train in Camp Lehigh, where he meets S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Peggy Carter, who he immediately falls for. During his educate, he is much being bullied by another stronger soldier. But despite being the weak of the group, he is shown to be the one to think outside the box, as shown when the others are unable to climb up and get the sag, Steve simply dismantles the pole, and grabs the flag. He is besides shown to be the bravest and the most altruistic, for when the colonel throws a dummy grenade, Steve is bequeath to sacrifice himself to muffle the explosion. For these reasons, he is chosen to the Project Rebirth. Executing the experiment, Steve is then injected with Erskine ‘s super soldier formula, and exposed to “ vita-rays ”. The desire results are achieved, transforming him into a tall, muscular, peak-of-human-performance Steve Rogers. unfortunately, a HYDRA spy is present during the demonstration and kills Dr. Erskine. Steve chases the spy, only to have him crunch a pill and die. however, despite his outstanding performance after the transformation, the Colonel does not allow him to join in on the war. alternatively, Steve is sent to star in propaganda films to raise money for war bonds under the alias “ Captain America ”. After a few movies and tours, he is sent to pick up the spirits of soldiers in the field. The soldiers are a bully audience and request the sing girls. Steve then goes wing and doodles on how he feels. Agent Carter shows up and explains that those soldiers are all that is left of the 107th. Steve remembers that Bucky is in the 107th, and wonders what happened to him. He finds out that Bucky was probably captured, and decides free him and the early prisoners. Agent Carter decides to help him get behind enemy lines with a plane. He successfully frees some of the prisoners and discovers that Bucky was taken somewhere else. He late finds Bucky strapped to a table in a trance. The two friends reunify and Steve tells Bucky everything that happened. While escaping, he comes across the Red Skull and realizes he was the matchless who tried Erskine ‘s recipe inaugural. however, Red Skull gets away. meanwhile, back at the camp, the Colonel decides to deem Steve Rogers absolutely, but before he can sign the papers, the rescue prisoners march into camp. Bucky enthusiastically yells “ Let ‘s hear it for Captain America ! ” and everyone cheers. Steve is then ultimately accepted into the army, and he points out all the HYDRA bases on a map. The Colonel tells him that he is going to be the one to wipe them out. Captain America then recruits his gang, “ The Howling Commandos ”, and he and Peggy dress to go on a dancing go steady after the war. Steve asks Howard Stark to make his uniform alike to his performance one. Howard besides creates Captain America ‘s key signature shield, made out of vibranium .
Captain America, Bucky, and the Howling Commandos proceed to take out all of HYDRA bases. One day, they find out that Red Skull ‘s lead scientist is going to be transported on a train, and they go on a mission to capture him. While Steve and Bucky await to ride the trail, they reminisce about the prison term at Coney Island. however, due to an unfortunate series of events, Bucky falls off of the gearing and down the valley to his apparent death. The mission is, however, a achiever and they capture Dr. Zola. After an interrogation by the Colonel, they discover where Red Skull is. Captain America then infiltrates Red Skull ‘s fortress. however, Red Skull escapes into a plane and begins to take off. Peggy and Steve share a kiss before he leaves and manages to sneak onto the flat. While there he fights HYDRA enforcers and takes on the Skull himself. During the battle, Red Skull takes the Tessaract but it beams him off to somewhere else, leaving Steve to think he is dead. Captain America then takes control of the plane, however, he soon realizes there are bombs on board then contacts Howard and Peggy to tell them the site .
Captain America then takes the controls. He contacts Peggy and they have one last conversation. Peggy tries to get him a dependable landing site and tries to reassure Steve he will be approve. But Steve tells her though that he ‘s excessively near and that he ‘s going excessively fast, so he has to crash-land into the water, choosing to sacrifice himself to stop the fail from reaching America. Steve crashes into the methamphetamine while he and Peggy arrange a date for the dance. When the Valkyrie crash-lands into the ice, which buries and preserves him. Seventy years by and by, in 2011, a russian anoint team finds the freeze embark and Captain America inside it. Steve is defrosted and wakes up in a fake 1940 ‘s style board, an environment to try and ease him into what is happening. Whilst an agent tries to keep Steve calm, but he realizes something is off after hearing a game from the 1940 ‘s on the radio which is reporting “ exist ”, due to the fact that he had attended the game and demands to know where he is. Steve sees agents and breaks out of the building to find himself in mod day New York City. however, he is finally stopped by S.H.I.E.L.D. conductor Nick Fury, who explains to Steve that they found in the ice rink and defrosted him, saying he was “ asleep for about seventy years. ” Startled, Steve looks around the city and when Fury asks if he will be o, Steve replies “ Yeah, it ‘s just … I had a date. ”
- “ I hope I’m the right man for the job. ”
- ―Steve Rogers in The Avengers
A week after being defrosted, Steve Rogers found himself lost in a earth that has moved on without him and found it very unmanageable to adjust to this advanced world. Nick Fury approached him with a mission to save the earth. Fury informed him that the Asgardian mischief-god known as Loki had stolen the Tesseract and intended to use it to conquer and rule the Earth. Rogers was n’t thrilled to learn that HYDRA ‘s secret weapon and exponent source had found its way into this earned run average. Rogers met with Agent Coulson, a patriotic Captain America fanboy, Natasha Romanoff, and Bruce Banner, the scientist who attempted to recreate the super-soldier serum but alternatively created the Hulk. Rogers was given a new uniform and sent to Stuttgart, Germany, where Loki had been sighted. Captain America arrived merely in time to battle Loki, but found outmatched and had to be rescued by Iron Man/Tony Stark, the son of Howard Stark. While traveling back to the Helicarrier, Thor emerged in an attempt to take Loki back to Asgard, only to end up in a fight with Stark, which Rogers himself broke up. Rogers protected himself from a shock by Thor ‘s mystic hammer Mjolnir with his unbreakable harbor, ending the contend and forming a armistice with the thunder-god. back at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, Stark and Rogers felt a potentially crimson friction between the two of them and Rogers found himself taking up a leadership place. Rogers was angered by the discovery that S.H.I.E.L.D. had plans to use the energy of the Tesseract to build weapons as a deterrent against extraterrestrials. As the Avengers became argumentative over how to confront the imprison Loki and the differences between them, the Helicarrier was attacked. Rogers helped Stark restart a fail engine. The death of Agent Coulson during Loki ‘s elude and the learn of the Avengers Initiative led Rogers and Stark to make the decision of ending the Avengers association with S.H.I.E.L.D. Captain America led the Avengers against the Chitauri invasion of New York and arrested Loki, who had been hindered by the Hulk. Rogers and the other Avengers greeted Thor farewell as he took Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard, and knew that the Avengers would form again when this floor of a calamity was to occur again. Rogers rode off on his motorbike to discover the modern world he was now a part of .
Loki masquerades as Captain America, during a conversation with Thor, which led to Loki being handcuffed .
After the cataclysmal events in New York with The Avengers team, Steve is living a quieten life sentence in Washington, D.C., struggling to adjust to his newly life. Cap is beginning seen running aboard Sam Wilson and adding The Troublemna soundtrack to the list of things he missed out on .
Cap, aboard Black Widow and a STRIKE unit, stop the highjacking of the Lemurian Star by Batroc and his terrorist unit. Cap gets appalled about Widow being more concern about data recovery than the lives at venture. This causes Steve to late have an argument with Nick Fury about security versus freedom. During his unblock time, Steve visits museums for memorial about the old days and visits Peggy, who seems to have developed Alzheimer. He besides befriends Sam Wilson. Nick Fury, after escaping an attack on his life, goes to Steve ‘s apartment to warn him about what he has found out, but he is killed by a sniper before he can tell anything. When Rogers talks about it with Alexander Pierce, the latter reveals that apparently Fury hired Batroc to steal and sell confidential information. After Cap leaves, Pierce orders him to be arrested as he seems to be holding on information about Fury ‘s death. Steve defeats the unit sent to capture him, led by Agent Rumlow and becomes a fugitive .
Steve gets Black Widow ‘s avail to investigate the truth under Fury ‘s character assassination. They find an old S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters where Arnim Zola is, now turned into a computer program. Zola reveals that the world is so chaotic now that people will give up their exemption in substitute for guard, which will allow HYDRA to take over. then they are hit by a S.H.I.E.L.D. airstrike, but Cap saves Natasha and himself by opening a hatch and covering with his shield. Steve and Natasha go to Sam ‘s house to get a place to hide. After deducing that Agent Jasper Sitwell is besides separate of HYDRA, they interrogate him and he tells them Zola ‘s algorithm is a plan to choose the biggest threats to HYDRA as targets, like Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, or Cap himself, then the targets will be terminated by Helicarriers .
When Steve, Sam, and Natasha carry Sitwell in a cable car, the concluding one is killed by an assassin who then goes after Black Widow while Cap and Falcon face other HYDRA goons. The assassin shoots Widow in the shoulder, but Rogers fights him, and after unmasking him during the competitiveness, finds out that he ‘s his former friend Bucky Barnes, with no memory of his past. Bucky escapes, and Rumlow arrives with a unit of measurement to arrest Cap and his allies. Rogers and company are rescued by Maria Hill and brought to Nick Fury, who faked his end. Cap leads the way to reveal to every remaining S.H.I.E.L.D. agent that S.H.I.E.L.D. is under HYDRA dominance, but Rumlow manages to launch the Helicarriers. Cap and Falcon wangle to disable the Alpha and Bravo helicarriers, but they are intercepted by Barnes in the Charlie Helicarrier. Barnes breaks Falcon ‘s flight rule and Sam must parachute off. On the pack of cards, Cap fights Barnes with reluctance until he manages to disable the Charlie Helicarrier, despite being shot. As the Charlie Helicarrier was being destroyed, Cap managed to remind Barnes who he is before passing out into the water. Barnes brought him to shore, and Cap woke up in the hospital .
After the end of Project Insight, the Avengers were formally reassembled with Iron Man ‘s finance and Captain America ‘s leadership. The Avengers arrived in Sokovia to take down the last know base of HYDRA and retrieve Loki ‘s scepter. Captain America led the Avengers during the final conflict against HYDRA, Rogers thanks to its super-strength was able to defeat respective HYDRA soldiers. During the conflict, Rogers was attacked by Pietro Maximoff ; he was surprise because he had never seen anyone thus fast. He besides was attacked by Wanda Maximoff before capturing Baron Strucker. With the struggle won, Rogers ordered Black Widow lull Hulk. When they returned to Avengers Tower, Maria Hill informed him who were the two people who attacked him in Sokovia.
Days late, Rogers attended the party in honor of the victory over HYDRA. He talked to Sam Wilson about possible clues of the whereabouts of Bucky Barnes and besides encouraged Bruce Banner to express his feelings to Romanoff. When the party ended, he was one of the Avengers who unsuccessfully tried to lift Thor ‘s Mjolnir. suddenly, an Ultron arrived and described the Avengers as killers and then proceeded to attack them by Iron Legion. Captain America destroy the concluding legionnaire with Barton ‘s aid. The future day, the group met and discussed the events of the night before. After learning the future destination of Ultron, the Avengers went to Salvage Yard to try to stop him. When they arrived at Klaw ‘s ship, Rogers advised Maximoff twin that they had time to leave Ultron, which Wanda sarcastically replied that they would. This meeting led to a fight between the two teams, the Avengers and Ultron ‘s team. During the fight, Scarlet Witch used her powers in Captain America, who could see had been his life with Peggy if he had not been frozen for closely seventy years. With the team beaten by the abortive mission, Hawkeye took them to a place where they could relax and then out to fight. Upon arrival, he introduces his wife and children to his friends ; Hawkeye explained that he asked Fury not to disclose this information to protect his family from possible threats. While the team was talking, Rogers noticed that Thor left the room and asked where he was going ; the God of Thunder replied that he would seek answers to his vision. Days former, he was present when Nick Fury encouraged them to stand up and fight against Ultron. Rogers, Romanoff, and Barton went to Seoul, South Korea to steal the synthetic body from Ultron, while Stark and Banner waited in the loom in order to destroy Ultron ‘s new body. Although Barton believed he was no match for Ultron, Captain America fought on equal terms to Ultron. When Ultron was preparing to kill him, he was saved by Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Ultron who decided to leave after learning his substantial plans. After saving the civilians, Wanda asked him if he destroyed the synthetic body, which he replied that they sent it to Stark to destroy it. She then informed him that Stark sought to use the celluloid body to repair what he had done. When they arrived to Avengers Tower, they discovered that Banner and Stark began uploading J.A.R.V.I.S. ‘ mind into the body. This incident led to a contend between Iron Man and Captain America. suddenly, Thor arrived and used his Mjolnir to give life to synthetic Android. Rogers asked why he gave birth to the creature, which Thor replied that Stark had a reason since Android was the only one able to defeat Ultron. Minutes late, he witnessed how Vision was worthy to lift Mjolnir. Captain America went to Sokovia with his companion Avengers, including the newfangled members of the team : mercury, Scarlet Witch, and Vision. He fought ferociously against Sentries, while Iron Man and Thor looked for a way that the city does n’t hit against Earth. When Iron Man informed him that they should destroy the city to save Earth, Rogers told Stark would not leave anyone in the city. He was felicitous when Nick Fury came with the Helicarrier as they would be able to save civilians. late, Rogers with his teammates protected the effect from Ultron and his Sentries. He witnessed when Quicksilver used his soundbox as a harbor to protect Hawkeye and a Sokovian child. Having saved every civilian, he and the other Avengers escaped from the city to allow Thor and Iron Man destroy it before colliding against Earth. After Ultron ‘s kill, Thor and Iron Man Avengers went to New Facility to bid him farewell as they leave the Avengers to return to Asgard and have a normal life respectively. He and Black Widow led the educate of New Avengers which consisted of Vision, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and War Machine .
After respective months trying to locate Bucky Barnes, Steve Rogers, and Sam Wilson managed to capture him with a special device. Rogers told Wilson that they would not report this to Stark because they could not trust him. Wilson then told Rogers he knew a guy who could help them .
Rogers led Sam, Natasha, and Wanda on a mission in Lagos, Nigeria to apprehend Brock Rumlow. He belated shares a snog with Sharon, both remarking it was former before she leaves. Rogers was embarrassed when Wilson and Barnes commend his act, by giving a nod of blessing .
Steve appears in a series of PSAs about being a good athlete and a good person, that gets played throughout the movie, and help motivate Spider-Man to become a better hero. The survive one play after the end credits, and serves as a one-fourth wall gag as Steve chides the consultation for staying after the credits .
Steve joins the corporate attempt to stop Thanos from unleashing the might of the Infinity Gauntlet on the population. He is among the few Avengers ( consisting of the six founding members, arsenic well as Rhodey, Nebula, Rocket, and Ant-Man ) who survive Thanos ‘s gingersnap. He is horrified to watch as Barnes disappears along with many others .
Steve appears in the post-credits scene, surveying the bulk death and destruction caused by Thanos ‘ snap, when he is suddenly confronted by Captain Marvel .
- Avengers! Assemble.”
- ―Captain America
Steve joins the rest of the surviving heroes as they travel back in time to retrieve the Infinity Stones and the Infinity Gauntlet. They succeed, and after Hulk/Banner uses the Infinity Gauntlet to undo the snap and bring everyone back to biography, though the 2014 Thanos proceeds to invade their timeline. Steve joins Thor and Iron Man in their crusade against Thanos. During the crusade, Steve lifts Mjolnir, proving his worthiness ( which was suspected by Thor years ago ). After Thanos summons his army of Chitauri, Outriders, and the Black Order, Rogers is the entirely hero left standing before the resurrect heroes arrive to join him in the contend against Thanos. After Thanos and his army are wiped out by Iron Man, Steve watches Stark die from using the stones. He subsequently attends the funeral of his fallen acquaintance. Afterwards, he travels back in clock to place the Infinity Stones and Mjølnir back in their proper timelines, while re-encountering Red Skull since the war. After completing his mission, he retires from being a superhero and travels back in time to the 40s to live a peaceful animation with Peggy Carter. He stays there at least until Peggy ‘s end in 2016, creating an surrogate timeline in the multiverse in the summons. Rogers then returns to the mainstream timeline as an old man, in which he gives his shield to Sam in the introduce sidereal day, and dubs him the new Captain America .
He is seen at the begin during a tribute to all those who died in the Infinity War .
Despite being retired and not making an appearance, Steve is mentioned many times throughout the series. In the foremost episode, Sam picks up the shield Steve gave him and then remembers the words that they said to each early the stopping point meter they met. Sam decides to donate the shield to a museum, feeling that cipher else besides Steve would be able to carry the symbol of Captain America ‘s bequest. however, late the shield is given to John Walker, the U.S. agent that is named the newly Captain America. In the irregular episode, Bucky goes after Sam to ask why he gave up the carapace and by and by during a mission they meet John Walker, who explains to them that he is not trying to replace Steve, but neither Sam nor Bucky approve Walker acting ampere Captain America and carrying his harbor. Afterwards, during a therapy section, Bucky reveals that he fears that if Steve was wrong about giving the shield to Sam, it could mean that Steve was besides amiss about believing in Bucky. In the third episode, Sam that the notebook Bucky is carrying was from Steve. Baron Zemo besides mentions him when saying that people that become a symbol like Steve can be dangerous because the society will not recognize the flaws of the individual anymore. By the time of the final episode, Sam accepted the mantle of Captain America and Bucky says that Steve would have been gallant .
Since the film takes place between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War, it is mentioned that Steve is on the run from the government after the airport contend and not turning Barnes in .
Steve Rogers appears in the first episode of the series, set during the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. Steve is due to be the test subject for Project Rebirth with the Super Soldier Serum. however, Steve gets injured sol Peggy Carter takes the serum rather and becomes Captain Carter. Steve works with Peggy while wearing a battle become called the Hydra Stomper, but is believed to have died when the train explodes. however, Steve subsequently shows up active and he and Peggy agree to share a dance. Peggy goes on to battle an octopus-like creature and sacrifices herself when a portal opens. Believing Peggy to be dead, Steve mourns her death, unaware that she is alive, but in the future. In “ What If … The Watcher Broke His curse ? “, Captain Carter is shown to be on a mission with Black Widow to the Lemurian Star ( as seen in Captain America: The Winter Soldier ). During the mission, Widow reveals to Peggy that the pirates were after the Hydra Stomper, with Widow implying that Steve is besides inwardly. In “ What If … The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes ? “, after Loki conquers Earth, Nick Fury finds Steve buried in the ice as Captain Marvel arrives, with the Watcher saying that there is hush hope for that universe. In What If… The Watcher Broke His Oath?, we return to this population and see Steve aboard Captain Marvel and Nick Fury battling against Loki ‘s invasion. In “ What If … Zombies ! ? “, Steve becomes infected by the Quantum Virus, turning him into a zombi excessively. As the survivors are making their way to Jersey via metro train, Zombie Steve attacks the educate and battles Bucky. Bucky uses Steve ‘s shield to slice him in one-half and kick him out, taking the harbor for himself. In What If… The Watcher Broke His Oath?, Strange Supreme sends a horde of zombies to distract Ultron, with Steve being one of them. In “ What If … Ultron Won ? “, Steve is seen among the early Avengers being defeated by that universe ‘s Ultron. Later, during the Watcher ‘s battle with Ultron, the two enter a universe where Steve is in the center of being inaugurated as President of the United States .
In the first episode of the series his catchphrase “ I can do with all day ” was turned into a song, in a musical based on the character .
Whilst Captain America does n’t appear in the series, an enliven version of him can be seen, amongst the other heroes, in the first sequence, as Kamala narrates the concluding chapter, in her 10-part series, about the conflict against Thanos. AvengerCon is held at Camp Leigigh where Cap trained in the 40 ‘s and a statue of Captain America is seen in the corner. The theme Star Spangled Man is besides played in the background .
Steve Rogers is mentioned by Bruce Banner and his cousin Jennifer Walters, who thinks Steve was a virgo after the direction Bruce told her about the animation of his friend and colleague .
In Ralph Breaks the Internet, Captain America is mentioned by a fan who is questioning Groot during a gore .
Captain America appears alongside the respite of the Avengers in the Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition Avengers Play Set by protecting New York City from Loki and MODOK ‘s Frost Giant forces. He is compatible in the third gear game, which besides has him playable in his The First Avenger form. [ 1 ]
Marvel vs. Capcom series
Captain America appears as a playable character in the Capcom crossing fighting games Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, and was most recently confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite .
Captain America is a playable character in Marvel: Avengers Alliance who is classified under the tactician class. He is a regular character that can be unlocked with Command Points. In summation, Captain America had costume variants based on his appearances in The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron. An alternate reality version of the fictional character, known as Knight America, was released entirely to the game in 2016 for Captain America ‘s seventy-fifth anniversary. With this version of the character, the worldly concern is technology-deprived after World War II as Captain America dons the title of Knight America and utilize medieval weapons to battle evil .
Captain America is a playable character in Marvel: Contest of Champions as a Science supporter, with two variants of the character. The first discrepancy has Captain America in his regular costume while the second variant is World War II-themed. An surrogate translation of Captain America, known as Civil Warrior, was an exclusive quality to the game that was released in 2016 besides to commemorate Captain America ‘s seventy-fifth anniversary. The character of Civil Warrior arises from an alternate universe where Captain America defeats Iron Man in the Civil War amusing storyline. After feeling guilty about the site, Captain America decides to take up the mantle of Iron Man while keeping the Captain America root .
Bucky is Steve ‘s childhood best ally. He frequently came to Rogers ‘ rescue when the latter got into fights when they were younger. They former served together in the United States military during World War ll. During the war, Bucky fell from a discipline and was presumed dead, entirely to come back as the Winter Soldier, and have to fight his best ally. After regaining his memories of Steve, they would belated fight together in opposition to the Sokovia Accords. Steve protected Bucky and defended him from the anyone who wanted to imprison him or cause him harm and, in tax return, Bucky trusted Steve. finally, Steve takes Bucky to Wakanda to have the Winter Soldier course of study removed from his beware. Two years subsequently, when they reunite again, they fight together against Thanos. Bucky ends up being one of those casualties when Thanos snaps his fingers to erase 50 % of the liveliness in universe, and Steve seems distraught upon watching his acquaintance turning to ash. When everyone is brought back to live 5 years late, Bucky supports Steve when he decides to go back in time to live a life with longtime love Peggy Carter, and besides approves his decision to give Captain America ‘s harbor to Sam after he came back to the original timeline as an old man. Steve subscribe and believe in Bucky is shown to mean a set to him and, 6 months following Steve ‘s retirement, Bucky struggles without Steve being around him. When Sam gives Steve ‘s carapace to the museum and then John Walker is announced as the new Captain America, Bucky is very disorder that his supporter is being replaced by person he did not choose. He former explains to Sam that he is worried that if Steve was wrong about Sam, it could mean that he was besides improper about believing in him .
Tony is Steve ‘s ally and friend. Despite their huge differences in personality, they clearly respect each early, finally forming a close friendship, even though they argue quite a bunch. Their friendship is broken during the events of Captain America : Civil War, where they both have opposing views of the Sokovia Accords, a set of laws that would have the Avengers overseen by the United Nations. Steve and one-half of the Avengers reject to sign the Accords, while Tony and the other half sign due to the collateral price they caused in Sokovia. The Accords are signed at a United Nations meet which is bombed, and security footage indicates that the perpetrator is Bucky. Tony is ordered by Secretary Ross to arrest Steve and his team, but fails after a long fight in an airport in Berlin. When Tony learns that Bucky was framed for the bombard, he strikes a armistice with Steve and Bucky and meets them in an old HYDRA base to look for answers. Baron Zemo, the substantial perpetrator of the bombing, plays rear footage that reveals that Bucky was the one who killed Tony ’ s parents while brainwashed. Steve reveals that he knew this, enraging Tony to the point that he tries to kill them both. He succeeds in ripping off Bucky ’ s metallic arm before Steve disables his Iron Man armor. Tony hatefully tells Steve that he does not deserve his carapace, as it was made by Tony ’ s father. Steve responds by leaving the carapace with Tony before departing with Bucky. Steve sends a letter of apology for everything that happened, telling Stark that if he ever needs his assistant, he ‘ll be there, showing Steve ‘s repent of their contend. Tony, while still upset with Steve, forgives him adequate to ignore Ross ’ sulfur demand to help stop Steve from breaking his friends out of the Raft. When Thanos ’ s army invade Earth in research of the Infinity Stones, Tony hesitates ( and ultimately declines ) to call Steve for help oneself. When Tony returns to Earth at the begin of Avengers: Endgame, he blames Steve for Thanos ’ s victory because the Avengers were scattered. Five years by and by, when Tony and Steve are given the opportunity to reverse the Snap, they last set aside their differences, with Tony returning the harbor to Steve as a gesture of good will. They, along with Thor, personally confront Thanos together when he attacks the Avengers Compound in a final wish to steal back the Infinity Stones. Steve is vastly sad when Tony sacrifices his life sentence to destroy Thanos ’ second army and attends his funeral .
Natasha is Steve ‘s near supporter and teammate, becoming friends on their caper as S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Natasha flush tries to set Steve up on dates at one point. Despite siding with Tony Stark over the Sokovia Accords, Natasha allows Steve and Bucky Barnes to escape upon seeing the destruction the battle between the Avengers causes. As a resultant role, she becomes a fleeting like them, finally assisting in breaking their teammates out of the Raft .
Sam becomes Steve ‘s ally while they run together, and late recruited as an Avenger. Sam is patriotic to Steve, helping Rogers with anything he needs. Steve trusts Sam enough to finally pass the Captain America shield to him after retiring .
Peggy was Steve ‘s ranking in the military and finally became his love interest. Peggy showed big amounts of religion in Steve over the course of World War ll and even kissed near the end. When Steve is forced to crash-land into the ice and presumed abruptly, Peggy is devastated. Upon awakening, Steve is both happy and saddened when he visits Peggy in her erstwhile historic period, and expresses regret at not having the opportunity to be with her. She finally dies of honest-to-god historic period and Steve is crushed at her death. He attends her funeral, crying while he helps carry her casket down to the altar. After the events with Thanos, he decides to retire from superhero ferment, therefore when he travels back in time to return the Infinity Stones, he stays in the 40s to live a peaceful life aboard Peggy, and they last are seen dancing together .
Captain America made his beginning meet-and-greet appearance as a face quality at Disneyland with his own position inside Innoventions anterior to its closure. The initial meet-and-greet served the determination of a promotion for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. however, he proved to be popular enough to continue meet-and-greets past the duration for the promotion, [ 2 ] finally moving to a spot in front of Innoventions after it closed. Captain America presently appears for meet-and-greets at Disney California Adventure along with Spider-Man in Hollywood Land. Outside of his stream meet-and-greet spotlight, he presently appears annually at the Super Heroes Half Marathon runDisney event as a meet-and-greet character. In addition, Captain America does meet-and-greets with Spider-Man at Shanghai Disneyland in the Marvel Universe drawing card located in the Gardens of Imagination section of the park .
The Disney Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Captain America. has a collection of images and media related to
- In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers wears a variation of the Commander Rogers costume from the comics that Steve wore during his time as a secret black-ops agent in S.H.I.E.L.D. before returning to his traditional uniform.
- According to the guidebooks of Marvel Cinematic Universe, MCU Captain America/Steve Rogers is based on the comics version of his 616 mainstream counterpart.
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, Steve Rogers wore a classic costume similar to what he wore in his first appearance in 1941.
- Captain America is the first superhero in-universe to have his own comic featured in his movie. In this case, it was Captain America #1, his very first appearance in comics. The comic book’s cover is iconic for its Jack Kirby-drawn image of the titular hero punching Adolf Hitler in the jaw.
- This scene would be referenced in the movie Captain America: The First Avenger as Steve would go on tours across the US to do a play encouraging citizens to buy War Bonds only to have an actor playing Hitler try to sneak up behind him and would get “punched” by Steve. When he goes to rescue soldiers from the Hydra Base and they question if he knows what he’s doing, he jokingly mentions to the soldiers that he’s “knocked out Hitler over 200 times”.
- The comic also appears briefly in Iron Man 2 inside Howard Stark’s archives.
- The real comic book was made nine months before the tragic events of Pearl Harbor and the USA joining in the fight with the Allied Nations in WWII.
- Captain America’s shield can be seen in both Iron Man and Iron Man 2 on Tony Stark’s workbench.
- The comic book version of Captain America’s shield is most commonly said to be a mixture of Vibranium and Adamantium. Vibranium = the shield’s ability to absorb vibrations; Adamantium = the shield’s (near) invincibility. However, because Adamantium is part of the X-Men/Wolverine mythos, which film rights are owned by Twentieth Century Fox, the Adamantium part had to be left out of this version.
- In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is set in 2014, Steve is revealed to be 95 years old.
- Before Chris Evans was cast as Captain America, Sam Worthington and Will Smith were in early talks for the role of Captain America. Later on, Garrett Hedlund, Channing Tatum, Scott Porter, Mike Vogel, Sebastian Stan, Wilson Bethel, John Krasinski, Michael Cassidy, Chace Crawford, and Jensen Ackles were on the final shortlist for the role. Kellan Lutz, Ryan Phillippe, and Alexander Skarsgård carried out auditions in case Evans wasn’t going to do the role. Sebastian Stan would later be cast as Bucky Barnes in the film and Alexander Skarsgård’s father, Stellan Skarsgård, was previously in the film, Thor as Erik Selvig.
- As of 2020, Captain America has appeared in the most Marvel Cinematic Universe Films, with a count of eleven. A possible exception is Stan Lee, however, it is possible he is playing different characters in each of his appearances.
- He hates swearing, though he swears in some movies. Notably in Avengers: Endgame, after the Snap, the situation has made him forgo this ethic.
- Captain America: The First Avenger was the final Paramount Pictures film produced with Marvel Studios before Disney acquired the rights to the MCU.
- Steve’s infamous quote “On your left” is said twice in Captain America: The Winter Soldier – when he is running aside Sam Wilson/Falcon and when Steve is in hospital. The quote would then come back in Avengers: Endgame, when Sam/Falcon would say it to Steve as him and all the dusted Avengers come through the portals to the final battle against Thanos.
- Wyatt Russell auditioned to play Steve Rogers until Chris Evans was cast. Russell went on to portray John Walker/U.S. Agent in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, who was the new Captain America for a short time.