Mainstream Universe, 1986-2011
Time ( father )
( brother )
( brother, deceased )
( buddy )
( sibling )
( sister )
( sister )
Dusk ( half sister )
( buddy )
Orpheus ( nephew, deceased )
Miranda Walker ( niece )
( great-niece )
( great-nephew ) Night (mother)Time (father) Destiny (brother) Dream (brother, deceased) Destruction (brother) Desire (sibling) Despair (sister) Delirium (sister)Dusk (half-sister) Daniel Hall (brother)Orpheus (nephew, deceased)Miranda Walker (niece) Rose Walker (great-niece) Jed Walker (great-nephew)
Base Of Operations
Neil Gaiman · Mike Dringenberg · Malcolm Jones III
|Sandman Vol 2 #8
- You lived what everyone gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime. No more. No less.
- — Death src
Death of the Endless came into universe soon before the first lifeforms appeared in the universe. She will function as the concept of death until the very death life thing died. After that, she was destined to put the universe to rest.
80,000 years ago
death and the Endless went to the cemetery to make the preparations of the inflame. The necropolitans had hanker lost their heat for their speculate, and did n’t know about the cemetery ‘ musical arrangement with the Endless, so they laughed at them when they asked for Despair ‘s cerements and the book of rituals. The Endless revoked the cemetery ‘ charter, causing it to be destroyed. The village of Litharge was granted a rent by the Endless and became the newfangled cemetery.
Reading: Death (New Earth)
destruction called a class meet of the Endless, and announced to Death and the lie of his kin that he was abandoning his duties as one of the Endless and taking his bequeath of them for well .
dream made a stake with despair that the power of dreams could save Joshua Norton from despair. He gave Joshua the pipe dream of becoming Norton I, emperor of the United States. Death met with Dream and told him she had her doubts about what he was doing, particularly since the elder members of the Endless normally avoided the games Despair, Desire and Delirium engaged in. [ 1 ]
Emperor Norton I died, and Death took him. She told him that she had taken every king, emperor and rule in history into the afterlife, and of all those she ‘d met Norton was by far her darling. [ 1 ] Death spent one day of the century as a deadly, as was her custom. She took the phase of a peasant girl and spent the day by the Yangtze River with a young ox driver who told her his grand piano schemes and plans .
death met up with her brother dream and yelled at him for not getting a hold of her earlier after he ‘d been released from decades of captivity. She told him to stop mope just because he felt purposeless after finishing a quest to retrieve his helm, pouch and Dreamstone. Death had him accompany her while she went about her work and cheered him up a good softwood. Death learn Element Girl cry and walked into her apartment to talk to her. Element Girl hated her life as a metamorph, and asked Death to take her. Death told her she could n’t but since Ra made the metamorphs she advised Element Girl to speak to him, to speak to the sunday, and kindly ask him for an end. Element Girl took Death ‘s advice, and Ra took her life. Death wished Element Girl better fortune in her adjacent life. [ 2 ] Destiny called a gather of the Endless, telling them a meet with the Fates made him aware that he had to call the family gather to set in motion a chain of events that would cause change and convulsion. During the run of conversation Desire got under Dream ‘s skin by reminding him of Nada. Dream was indignant, but Death said she agreed with Desire, sending his fan to Hell for spurning him was an amazing thing to do. Dream vowed to make amends by journeying to Hell and saving Nada ‘s soul. ambition asked for Death ‘s advice on what he should do with Hell. She was confident he ‘d figure things out, and could n’t stay to chat because she was very busy containing all the souls Lucifer Morningstar freed from Hell when he abdicated his kingdom.
Read more : Scarlet Scarab Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
death came to take Charles Rowland into the afterlife, but his spirit would n’t abandon his acquaintance Edwin Paine. Death explained that Paine was already a touch, one of the souls released from Hell when Lucifer retired. Rowland refused to leave his acquaintance, sol Death, who was already wholly overworked, allowed Rowland to remain on Earth as a ghost. [ 3 ] Death took Wanda Mann, who was killed when the enchantress woman Thessaly brought the moon down to the Earth. Before they left for the afterlife she let Wanda wave adieu to her good friend Barbie. [ 4 ] Death took Bernie Capax, one of Destruction ‘s old friends. [ 5 ] When Destruction left the Endless he set up a safe-conduct that would make it unmanageable for his class to track him down, and it caused the deaths of several of his friends when Dream and Delirium sought him out. dream called Death to the Dreaming for advice after he ended his search for Destruction. Death was angry with him because when Dream refused to continue seeking Destruction he was coarse with Delirium, and as a solution she closed off her kingdom. Death told him she was concern craze might leave the Endless like Destruction did, and she advised he apologize to her for being thus uncivil. [ 6 ] On a twin Earth Death took Prez into the afterlife. Death did n’t like the fact that in that worldly concern ‘s afterlife Prez would be in the hands of Boss Smiley, so she told Dream of her interest in Prez and asked him to save Prez from Smiley. [ 7 ] Death met Dream and correctly guessed that he ‘d let things go then far in his battle against the Kindly Ones because he wanted to leave his character as Dream of the Endless, but could n’t abandon his post like Destruction did. The Kindly Ones arrived and Dream allowed them to destroy him in order to save the Dreaming, and Death took Dream.
Powers and Abilities
- Unique Physiology: One of the seven Endless, inconceivably powerful beings, Death is both lord and personification of all death and life, Death meets with the recently deceased and guides them into their new existence. Unlike most personifications of death, she also visits people as they are born. Evidently, only she seems to remember these encounters.
- Nigh-Omnipotence: Death possesses infinite powers unique to itself that other Endless members possess, and even in death there is an infinite power beyond words.
- Gift of Death: Death has the power to free the soul of a body and send a soul to its appropriate destination (usually an afterlife or reincarnation). Death often leaves this task to various Death Gods. For Death Gods or demons to claim a soul instead of Death herself, they usually have to have a valid claim on the soul; either a contract or the deceased worshipped the Death God’s pantheon.
- Gift of Life: Death apparently is also there at the time of ones birth and can infuse a body with life. She commonly does this at the time of birth or at certain times to give another a second chance (reincarnation).
- Immortality: Like all Endless, Death can only be hurt by means that it allows. Besides, if an Endless is destroyed, its personality, memories and powers are instantly transmitted to another aspect of herself, who must become the new embodiment of Death of the Endless. And even if Death is somehow destroyed by some very powerful force, she can instantly regain her old form at that moment, and in this way she can be reborn.
- Magic: Death has an limitless magical powers that other Endless members do not have, In short for example- She can create a wide variety of beautiful and terrifying objects and creatures at any time or any moment, Death wants to she can hold some of the universe inside the Multiverse like Ball.
- Illusion Casting: It has been illustrated that many members of The Endless take on different forms and personas depending upon the sensibilities of those within their presence. To the people of ancient Mars, Morpheus is also known as L’zorl, the God of Dreams. It has never been established whether H’ronmeer, the Martian God of Death, is related to the Endless.
- Omniscience: Death”s mind seems to be an omnipotent goddess who knows everything in general, but most of her mind has the mental power to see one by one how all living beings who die in any universes are reborn.
- In a Pre-Vertigo story, Death once took the form of a distinguished middle-aged gentleman. As a man, Death developed an appreciation for human grief through the recently deceased Margaret Brennan. Death took Brennan as “his” bride.
- Death is voiced by Kat Dennings
Read more : Người Nhện: Không còn nhà – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
in the audio drama adaptation of Sandman (Volume 2).
This character exists under the
This fictional character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers.Their continuity takes identify within the context of Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity .