| This Article Contains Spoilers – admonitory : This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know full of life information on plot / character elements in a floor, you may not wish to read beyond this admonitory : We hold no duty for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article’s content is marked as Mature
The page Giyu Tomioka contains mature content that may include coarse terminology, intimate references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
Reading: Giyu Tomioka
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are rid to view this page. otherwise, you should close this page and watch another page .
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Demon Slayer Hashira
Total Concentration Constant
Water Breathing Style
( japanese board game ).
Checkmating his shogi opponents.
Put an end to Muzan Kibutsuji and the Demon race.
Prevent demonized Tanjiro from harming humans.
Find ways (or buy time) to bring Tanjiro back to humanity (all succeeded).
Unnamed parents †
Tsutako Tomioka † (older sister)
Giichi Tomioka (descendant/reincarnate)
Kagaya Ubuyashiki † (master)
Kiriya Ubuyashiki (new master)
Shinobu Kocho †
Sakonji Urokodaki (predecessor & mentor)
Kyojuro Rengoku †
Obanai Iguro †
Mitsuri Kanroji †
Gyomei Himejima †
Muichiro Tokito †
Genya Shinazugawa †
Sabito (best friend,deceased)
- Muzan Kibutsuji
- Rui †
- Akaza †
Type of Hero
Self-Hating Monster Slayer
|“||The weak have no rights! They don’t get to make choices! All they can do is be relentlessly crushed by the strong! Now maybe the Demons know of a way to cure your sister. Maybe! But don’t think for even a moment that any one of them is going to respect your wishes, just like I have no respect for you! That’s reality!||„|
|~ Giyu provoking Tanjiro to help him find his resolve|
Giyu Tomioka ( 冨岡 義勇 ) is a major supporting character in the popular anime/manga series Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a member of the Demon Slayer Corps and is the current Water Hashira. He is besides the one who first base convinced Tanjiro to become a Demon Slayer. He is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai in Japanese, and by Johnny Yong Bosch English .
Giyu is a grandiloquent young serviceman with medium-length, messy black haircloth tied back into a low ponytail. He has dilute eyebrows and shrill, dark blue eyes. Giyu wears the standard black Demon Slayer ‘s uniform along with a haori with two different patterns : one solid loss and one geometrically patterned with green, orange, and chicken ( which were based on the haoris worn by his late old sister and deep best friend Sabito, respectively ). During his struggle with Muzan Kibutsuji, he lost his right sleeve .
Giyu constantly wears a serious expression on his font. He has a reserved personality and a hard sense of judge with no tolerance towards those who do n’t know their own limitations and throw away their lives. While letting Nezuko Kamado live due to Tanjiro Kamado ‘s doggedness, he shows zero hesitation when killing other Demons and has no respect towards them like most Demon Slayers. even so, Giyu violated the Demon Slayer Corps ‘ code of demeanor without hesitation to protect Nezuko, during Shinobu ‘s attempt to kill her. This implies that he does n’t completely despise Demons as some other Hashira do, and is bequeath to make an exception for a Demon by letting them live if they do n’t kill and eat humans. This shows that he is more pragmatic sanction in dealing with Demons rather than out of hate for Demons like some early Hashira do. Giyu appears to have a complex with what others think of him and is shocked when Shinobu Kocho claims he is hated by many. He is a man of very few words and has perturb interacting with others, so he normally keeps himself at a distance. It is revealed subsequently on that Giyu suffers from an inferiority complex which he developed since his engagement in the Final Selection. It gets austere to the point where he contemplates abandoning his position as the Water Hashira until Tanjiro helps him realize that rather of acting on his survivor ‘s guilt, he should cherish his animation and live on for the people who sacrificed their lives for him. Despite his aloof and stoic nature, Giyu is shown to be protective and worry towards those he is close to and considers his friends. This is beginning shown when he puts his life on the line for Tanjiro and Nezuko by vowing to commit harakiri if the latter were always to eat a human. Giyu has been shown to lose his composure and usual stoic demeanor when those he cares about are in danger, as seen when he is greatly angered by Akaza ‘s try to kill Tanjiro and visibly shocked when he hears the news program of Shinobu ‘s death. This is further shown in the fact that he still wears half of Sabito, his former best acquaintance ‘s, and his older sister ‘s haori as a memento of them. however, Giyu appears to be especial in who he shows emotions for, as he does n’t appear to react at all when informed of the passing of Genya Shinazugawa, Muichiro Tokito and Kyojuro Rengoku .
Giyu is the current Water Hashira, angstrom well as the first gear Demon Slayer that Tanjiro comes across. He initially tries to kill Nezuko, but reconsiders after seeing her protect an unconscious mind Tanjiro as he sends them to his mentor Urokodaki in the hopes that Tanjiro could succeed him and possibly cure Nezuko. He does not think of himself as a true Hashira, despite overcome Water Breathing as he considered his mate apprentice Sabito, who died saving other Demon Slayers-in-training, more suited for the role. He has developed an extra proficiency to Water Breathing, which he alone knows. He loses an arm during the concluding struggle against Muzan, but survives after the demon is destroyed .
Abilities and Powers
As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Giyu is a very mighty fencer. He is able to easily defeat the Father Spider Demon in his transform state, and Rui, Lower Rank Five of the Twelve Kizuki. During his fight against Akaza, Upper Rank Three, he was able to hold on his own for some clock time and like Kyojuro, Akaza is amazed by Giyu ‘s skills to the point that he offers to transform the Hashira into Demon, something Akaza merely asks of the most desirable of his opponents. Akaza states that he has not fought a Water Hashira american samoa skilled as Giyu in fifty dollar bill years.
Read more : Best Studio Ghibli Movies, Ranked
- Master Swordsman: Being a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Giyu is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization. Akaza, states that Giyu possesses finely developed swordsmanship.
- Enhanced Speed: Giyu is very fast, being able to tie up Inosuke Hashibira before he even realized what happened. He was also able to cut off Rui’s head in the blink of an eye.
- Enhanced Endurance: Giyu possesses great levels of endurance, as shown when he endures a powerful attack from Akaza, and continues to fight with only minor bruises. Although Giyu seemingly fell apart against Muzan as compared to Obanai and some other Hashira and the demon king even knocked the sword off and cut his one hand. At most he could only support other Hashira.
- Crimson Red Nichirin Sword: During the fight against Muzan, Sanemi forcefully clashes his sword together with Giyu’s turning both of their blades temporarily red, which grants them the ability to hamper the enhanced regeneration of Demons.
- Demon Slayer Mark: During his battle against Akaza, Giyu awakens his Demon Slayer Mark, appearing as a fluid-water like design on his left cheek. When activated, he gains a tremendous increase in speed, precision, and endurance to the point where he could engage in a long battle against the Upper Rank demon on even ground. However, he was unable to come close to cutting Akaza’s head, which ultimately led to his sword being broken and nearly fatally injured if it weren’t for Tanjiro’s intervention.
Water Breathing Style ( 水みずの呼こ吸きゅう, Mizu no Kokyū ) : Taught by Sakonji Urokodaki. The drug user can increase the sum of oxygen in one ‘s blood by controlling his breathe radiation pattern. This increases his strength and agility to equal a monster ‘s. He has learned to do full focus breathing at all times as all Hashira have, further increasing his establish potency, speed, and stamina. not entirely does he know all of the Water Breathing techniques, but he ‘s build up one extra style of his own .
- First Form: Water Surface Slash (壱いちノ型かた水みな面も斬ぎり, Ichi no Kata: Minamo Giri): A single concentrated slash.
- Second Form: Water Wheel (弐にノ型かた水みず車ぐるま, Ni no Kata: Mizu no Guruma): The swordsman jumps and spins his body while slashing.
- Third Form: Flowing Dance (参さんノ型かた流りゅう流りゅう舞まい, San no Kata: Ryūryū no Mai): The swordsman swings his blade at his opponent in a way that mimics the movement of waves on the surface of water.
- Fourth Form: Striking Tide (肆しノ型かた打うち潮しお, Shi no Kata: Uchishio): The swordsman makes multiple consecutive slashes while twisting their body in a flowing fashion similar to a harsh tide.
- Fifth Form: Blessed Rain After the Drought (伍ごノ型かた干かん天てんの慈じ雨う, Go no Kata: Kanten no Jiu): A “sword strike of kindness” that kills the target with little to no pain. This style is used when the enemy surrenders.
- Sixth Form: Whirlpool (陸ろくノ型かたねじれ渦うず, Roku no Kata: Nejire Uzu): The swordsman fiercely twists his upper and lower body, which creates a whirlpool that cuts anything caught in it.
- Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust (漆しちノ型かた雫しずく波は紋もん突づき, Shichi no Kata: Shizuku wa Mondzuki): A fast and accurate stab. The fastest Water Breathing technique.
- Eight Form: Waterfall Basin (捌はちノ型かた滝たき壷つぼ, Hachi no Kata: Takitsubo): The swordsman cuts the target vertically.
- Ninth Form: Splashing Water Flow (玖くノ型かた水すい流りゅう飛沫しぶきKu no Kata: Suiryū Shibuki): Minimizes the landing time and surface needed when landing, allowing the user to move without limits. Ideal when fighting in a place with no solid foothold.
- Tenth Form: Constant Flux (拾じゅうノ型かた生せい生せい流る転てん, Jū no Kata: Seisei Ruten): A continuous attack that increases in power with each rotation, creating a strong slash.
- Eleventh Form: Dead Calm (拾じゅう壱いちノ型かた凪なぎ, Jū Ichi no Kata: Nagi): A technique created by Giyu himself. Giyu engages a skill that disables and nullifies incoming attacks. However, its effectiveness is limited as fast and numerous attacks can break through it.
- “Don’t cry. Don’t succumb to sorrow. This isn’t the time to despair. I know you’re devastated right now. Your family massacred, your sister’s a demon. I know it hurts. I know you wanna scream. I understand. If only I had gotten here a half a day sooner, maybe then your family would still be alive. However, there’s no way to turn back time. So feel it… feel the pure rage of being unable to forgive… let it be what gives you the strength to take action. With that fragile resolve of yours, you can’t protect your sister or heal her, and you’ll never get revenge for what happened to your family!”
- (To himself) “She must’ve been craving a feast right from the start, even her own brother. But she protected him and turned her attention to me. I wonder if… just maybe… these two are different.”
- (To Shinobu Kocho) “I’m not disliked by people.”
- (To Akaza) “If you want to kill Tanjiro, you’ll have to get through me first!”
Giyu running through the snow . Giyu ‘s initial design .