- Jack Kirby's Fourth World
- Powers and Abilities
Jack Kirby’s Fourth World
Doctor Dezard [ 1 ]
Darkseid ‘s Elite
Base Of Operations
Mad Scientists, God of Torture
Reading: Desaad (New Earth)
Fourth World · Earth-One · New Earth
|Forever People #2
- What is the worth of a single life? How does one measure its power? Even the humblest of souls touches others… And yet, for all the good or ill that life accomplishes, it perishes at the last with an imperceptible whisper. As if it never existed at all.
- — DeSaad src
DeSaad is the sadistic head torturer of Darkseid, the ruler of Apokolips.
primitively born on New Genesis, the nameless youth was corrupted by Darkseid. Darkseid made him believe that his darling computerized tomography had killed his pet shuttlecock. He punished the vomit by burying it alert. When the bird came back, he killed the bird in a fit of ramp. then he followed Darkseid to Apokolips. Taking his New God identify from “ a being from a future, who taught me indeed much in my choose field ” ( assumed to be the Marquis de Sade ), DeSaad became the young Darkseid ‘s confederate. When threatened by Darkseid ‘s mother, the severe Queen Heggra of Apokolips, DeSaad was forced to poison Darkseid ‘s beloved, the Princess Suli. Heggra ‘s plan was for Darkseid to then be married to the concubine Tigra. When Darkseid discovered what happened, he forced DeSaad to poison Heggra in retaliation. From that day, DeSaad has been Darkseid ‘s main confederate. Over the years Desaad has been tortured by Darkseid and killed by his Omega Beams countless times for every failure and every treachery. however since Desaad is sol vital to Darkseid, he never stays permanently dead. indeed, in every case Darkseid inevitably resurrects Desaad claiming “ this is the last time ” .
Desaad was apparently killed during an undertake by Darkseid to penetrate the Source. He was subsequently found to have “ bonded ” with Orion, causing the latter to become barbarous and manipulative. They were belated separated. While missing, his second-in-command Justeen plotted to overthrow Desaad ‘s position and become closer to her beloved Darkseid. [ 2 ]
Read more : Marvel Studios – Wikipedia
Desaad was tasked by Darkseid to retrieve Highfather ‘s staff from the Source Wall, and use it to restore Darkseid ‘s waning powers. Using a brainwash Superman, Desaad accomplished this, but when the time came to recharge Darkseid ‘s powers, using the staff as a conduit to the Omega Realm, Desaad betrayed Darkseid and tried to take the world power for himself. The Omega Effect, however, possessed a repugnance within it that Desaad could not stand, and Darkseid plainly siphoned the energy off of him. [ 3 ] Desaad, who had captured and tortured Professor Martin Stein, was able to take over the mantle and the exponent of Firestorm for himself. He was defeated and separated from the Firestorm matrix by the Atomic Knights, but fled before he could be captured. [ 4 ] In an alternate future, DeSaad captured Batman a well as many other heroes. however, Batman ‘s will finally won out, and he posed as DeSaad while planning to overthrow Darkseid. [ 5 ] The spirits of the New Gods fell to Earth and into the bodies of deadly men. DeSaad took the identity of a therapist named Doctor Dezard. There, he spent three years as Shilo Norman ‘s psychiatrist, attempting to erode his assurance. When Shilo ‘s Motherbox was captured by Darkseid, DeSaad tried to examine it, before realizing that the Mother Box ‘s heart had hidden itself in Shilo himself, before DeSaad was beaten by Darkseid for his failure .
This section of the article does not provide a complete profile of the subject. You can help out by providing extra information, expanding on the submit matter in order to bring this article to a higher standard of choice.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Incomplete Articles.
Read more : Spider-Man: No Way Home – Wikipedia
Powers and Abilities
- New God Physiology
- Decelerated Aging: When they become adults, the New Gods age at a much slower rate than humans on Earth. Some of them are hundreds to thousands of years old.
- Gadgetry: He is always inventing new torture machines.
- Interrogation: DeSaad is well known for his torture techniques. Everything from manipulating words with his venomous tongue to tearing bits and pieces from someone’s flesh.
- Vulnerability to Radion: All New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC’s Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character’s Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- DeSaad’s name can also be spelled “Desaad”.