- Red Hood
- General Information
- Powers and Abilities
- In early Media
- See besides
Jason Peter Todd Wayne
Batman #357 (1983)
The Challengers from Beyond
Reading: Jason Todd
Master Martial Artist
Proficient with firearms
Jensen Ackles (Voice)
Troy Baker (Voice)
Cameron Bowen (Voice)
Yuri Lowenthal (Voice)
Vincent Martella (Voice)
Stephen Oyoung (Voice)
Cameron BowenVincent Martella
Jason Peter Todd first appeared in Batman # 357 ( 1983 ) and became the second Robin, buddy to the superhero Batman, when the previous Robin, Dick Grayson went on to star in The New Teen Titans under the nickname of Nightwing. Though originally popular, following a vamp of his origin by Max Allan Collins, the Jason Todd version of Robin was not well received by fans. For 1988 ‘s Batman: A Death in the Family story-line, DC Comics held a telephone pate to determine whether or not the character would die at the hands of the Joker, Batman ‘s arch bane. The character was killed off by a vote of 5343–5271. subsequent Batman stories dealt with Batman ‘s guilt over not being able to prevent Jason ‘s death. however, in 2005 ‘s floor bow Under the Hood the character was resurrected, finally becoming the second Red Hood and assuming a new function as an antihero who resembles Batman in many ways, except with a willingness to use deadly power and weapons. Beginning in June 2010, Todd starred in “ bolshevik hood : The Lost Days, ” a six write out miniseries that was timed to coincide with the release of the DC animated film Batman: Under the Red Hood, which was a movie adaptation of the comedian series Under The Hood. The story, written by Judd Winick, concentrated on Jason Todd ‘s lost years of globe-trotting and prepare after his death and resurrection before his return to Gotham .
The initial version of Jason Todd had an origin that was a alike origin to the first Robin, Dick Grayson. originally, like Grayson, Jason is the son of circus acrobats ( the Flying Todds ) killed by a criminal ( Killer Croc ) and is former adopted by Bruce Wayne. Distinguished by his red hair’s-breadth ( as opposed to the black hair of Dick Grayson ), Todd is unfailingly cheerful, wearing his circus costume to fight crime until Dick Grayson presents him with a Robin costume of his own. At that point, Jason dyes his hair black, and in belated stories blossoms under Batman ‘s care. Following the vamp of the Batman mythos due to Crisis on Infinite Earths, Jason Todd is recast as a young street orphan who first encounters the Dark Knight while attempting to steal the tires of the Batmobile. Bruce Wayne sees to it that Jason is placed in a school for perturb youths. Jason earns the mantel of Robin a short while late by helping Batman apprehend a crowd of thieves. however, Todd does not wear the Robin costume ( an improved interpretation of ) until after six months of coach. Batman realizes that while Jason does n’t possess Dick Grayson ‘s acrobatic skills, he can become a productive crime-fighter by channeling his rage. He besides believes that if he does n’t help the boy, Jason will finally become depart of the “ criminal element. ” Jason besides aided Batman while Gotham City was temporarily overrun by Deacon Blackfire .
Unlike Dick Grayson or the pre-Crisis Jason, the post-Crisis Jason is impulsive, heedless, and wax of rage. Jason Todd was the child of Willis and Catherine Todd, being raised in Gotham City. His founder was a petty bend who ended up serving a prison prison term, and evening after the prison term was served, his forefather did not return to the family. That left Jason entirely with his dependent beget, who he tried to take care of by ripping off car parts such as tires for cash. sadly, his mother would soon die of an overdose and he would be left alone. He fended for himself equitable as he had taken care of his mother before, by continuing to rip off car parts. One night, Jason came across the Batmobile, which was parked in an bowling alley. Batman had recently put new tires on the vehicle but had not replaced the hubcaps with the redesigned ones yet. This created an opportunity that Jason could not pass up. Batman caught him when he had already stolen one of the tires and was coming to take the others. Batman tried to put Jason in a board school for troubled kids, but this did not work out for Jason as the owner of the school was actually running a discipline ground for youthful criminals. Batman rather decides that possibly the male child ‘s anger could be channeled against criminals as Robin, or else the boy would likely end up a criminal himself. This is how Jason Todd became the moment Robin. He was not the acrobat Dick Grayson was, but he was a strong kyd with skills from life on Gotham ‘s streets. On their first official mission as Batman and Robin, it was discovered that Jason ‘s forefather was killed by the criminal Two-Face. Furious at the cognition and the fact that Batman knew of it, Jason went on a rampage until at last, he confronted Two-Face. Rather than kill Dent, however, Jason mastered his anger and let Dent be arrested, much to Batman ‘s pride. While Jason soon proved to be one of Batman ‘s most enthusiastic students, he was besides the most disturb. Brash and driving, Jason ‘s former life on the streets had left him with an ambiguous sense of correct and ill-timed. This frequently placed Jason in opposition to the values his mentor was trying to teach him. Jason much uses excessive wedge to mortify criminals. In one venture, asked to “ hold off ” villains, Jason immediately takes to firing at them with a accelerator, despite Batman ‘s abhorrence for firearms. The most dramatic of these moral clashes, however, happened when Jason tracked down Felipe Garzonasa, a extraneous national who had raped a young womanhood and belated drove her to suicide. Moments after Jason arrived, Garzonasa plunged to his death from his apartment balcony. While the truth is still unknown, there is a distinct possibility that Jason pushed Felipe off the balcony, thereby breaking Batman ‘s hard-and-fast code against ever taking a biography. Afraid of Jason possibly murdering person, Batman asks Barbara Gordon, to come out of retirement as Batgirl, and work with Jason on a case, hoping that she might gain a better penetration into Jason ‘s behavior. Although the pair knead well together, Barbara is unable to deny darkness in Jason, which she late warns Bruce about .
Jason later discovers his mother was not his biological beget and runs away to find the charwoman who gave give birth to him. After following a phone number of leads, Jason ultimately tracks his beget, Sheila, to Ethiopia, where she works as an aid worker. While Jason is overjoyed to be reunited with his real mother, he soon discovers that she is being blackmailed by the Joker, who is using her to provide him with medical supplies. Sheila herself has been embezzling funds from the agency and as part of the cover-up, she hands her own son, who arrives as Robin, over to the Joker. The Joker viciously beat the son with a crowbar, and then left Jason and Sheila in the warehouse with a time bomb. Sheila and Robin try desperately to get out of the warehouse but are hush inside as the bombard goes off. Batman arrives excessively former to save them and is only able to hold Jason ‘s lifeless soundbox in his arms. The bodies are taken back to Gotham City for burial. For the future ten ‘s worth of stories, Jason ‘s death haunts Batman, who keeps Jason ‘s costume on display in the Batcave. Batman considers this his greatest failure : not by rights training Jason in his role as Robin, and failing to protect him from the Joker. In the years to come, he would erect a memorial in the batcave made from Jason ‘s uniform .
reelect from the grave
Years by and by, while trying to discover the identity of a cryptic figure plotting against him ( who turns out to be Hush ), Batman discovers that Robin ( Tim Drake ) has been kidnapped. When he confronts the kidnapper he discovers, much to his surprise, that the kidnapper is obviously an adult Jason Todd. Batman subdues this mystery “ Jason ” and discovers that it is Clayface impersonating Jason. It is subsequently revealed that Jason indeed had died at the hands of the Joker, but when Superboy-Prime alters reality from the eden property in which he is trapped ( six months after his death ), Jason is restored to life and breaks out of his coffin ( with his bare hands ), walked away from the cemetery ( approximately 12 miles ) before collapsing and thereafter is hospitalized, as the injuries inflicted by the Joker had not in full healed. After spending a year in a coma and subsequently as an amnesic vagrant, he is recognized by a petit larceny criminal who soon informs Talia al-Ghul. After some clock, Talia restores his health and memory by immersing him in a Lazarus Pit in which her don Ra ‘s is besides bathing. It is suggested at that clock that exposure to the Pit ‘s energies together with Al-Ghul might have affected Jason ‘s personality. On Talia ‘s advice, Jason determines his death was never avenged and prepares to confront Batman by traveling across the earth in the same way of train as his mentor. When Batman expresses no compunction for sparing the Joker ‘s life after Jason was killed, Jason is far enrage and takes up the mantle of the Red Hood .
As the Red Hood
soon after the events of War Games and War Crimes, Jason Todd reappears in Gotham City as the Red Hood, hijacking a dispatch of Kryptonite from Black Mask. In the midst of a conflict with Batman, Nightwing, and Mr. freeze, the Red Hood gives them the Kryptonite second, and tells them he has gotten what he rightfully wanted : a “ put of the land. ” concisely subsequently, the Red Hood finds the Joker ( driven out of Gotham by Hush ) and beats him with a crowbar equitable as the Joker had once beaten Jason. Despite the violent beating, Jason spares the Joker, intending to use him late against Batman. The Red Hood assumes control over several gangs in Gotham City and starts a one-man war against Black Mask ‘s criminal empire. overall, he strives to cleanse the city of its corruption, such as drug consider and crowd violence, and to kill the Joker in retaliation for his own death. Because of his anti-heroic activities, he repeatedly comes to blows with Batman and several of his allies. A Robin dissemble was found in the Batmobile, which never belonged to Dick or Tim, but it was of the style that Jason wore as Robin. Around this fourth dimension, Batman discovers that Jason ‘s coffin has constantly been empty, and he begins to question whether or not Jason had actually died. Despite his come back, Jason ‘s Robin costume remains in its memorial expose case in the Batcave ; when Alfred asked if Bruce wanted the costume removed, Bruce replied that the return of Jason “ does n’t change anything at all. ” Knowing that Tim Drake has not only replaced him as Robin but is reportedly a better Robin than he had been, Jason breaks into Titans Tower to confront Tim. Wearing an adapted interpretation of his own Robin costume, Jason promptly immobilizes the other Titans and strikes him down in the Tower ‘s Hall of Fallen Titans. Furious that no memorial statue was made for him ( despite his short tenure as a Titan ), Jason demands that Tim tell him if he is truly equally good as Jason has been told. Tim says “ Yes ” and passes out. As he leaves, Jason tears the ‘ R ‘ emblem from Tim ‘s chest. In the Epilogue, Jason has obviously developed a grudging obedience for his successor as he states, “ I ‘ll admit. He ‘s dear. ” Jason is besides left wondering if possibly he would have been a better Robin and a better person had he a life like Tim ‘s and friends like the Titans. Jason ‘s render crescendo when he kidnaps the Joker and holds him hostage, luring Batman to Crime Alley, the site of their first meeting. Jason asks Batman why he has not avenged his death by killing the Joker, and Batman tells Jason that he will never cross that cable. An angered Jason explains that even ignoring all the people he ‘s killed and the cripple of Batgirl, he believed that after his death at the hands of the Joker, he ‘d last be able to kill him, “ doing it because he took me away from you ”. Despite this, Batman explains that it is not besides hard for him to kill the Joker, it would be besides easy ; he has never once not fantasized about taking the Joker somewhere individual and torturing him for possibly weeks before ultimately killing him, but refuses to go to that place. Jason offers Batman an ultimatum : Jason will kill the Joker unless Batman kills Jason first. Holding the Joker at point, Jason throws a pistol to Batman and begins to count to three while standing behind the Joker, leaving Batman with only a headshot if he wants to stop Jason pulling the trip. At the final moment, Batman throws a batarang that cuts down an object and slices Jason ‘s neck. The Joker takes advantage of the position, detonating nearby explosives that engulf the platform they are on and send them plunging into the alcove .
One year later and Countdown
Jason resurfaces one year after the Infinite Crisis patrolling the streets of New York City as a homicidal version of Nightwing. Jason shows no intention of giving up the Nightwing persona and continues to taunt Dick Grayson by wearing the costume and suggesting that the two become a crime-fighting team. Grayson refuses to join his side and methods of crime-fighting. not farseeing after the two Nightwings meet up, Jason is captured and imprisoned by unknown mobsters. Rescued by a reluctant Grayson, the two join forces to defeat the Pierce brothers. Jason leaves New York City and the Nightwing mantle to Grayson, along with a telegram telling Grayson he has returned to normal and placid considers them family. Jason appears once more in respective issues of Green Arrow aboard Brick as part of a gun-running administration, which brings Batman to Star City. Jason ‘s true motives are shown in the third share as he kidnaps Mia Dearden ( Speedy ) in an campaign to convert her to his side, feeling that they are kindred spirits, cast down by club and at odds with their mentors. The two fight while conversing but when Jason is abortive in his bid to turn Mia, he settles for blowing up her high school. Mia is profoundly trouble oneself by what transpired between her and Jason but ultimately decides to stick with green Arrow .
At the start of Countdown, Jason Todd resumes his persona as the Red Hood and rescues a womanhood from Duela Dent ( aka Two Face ‘s Daughter ). After a Monitor shoots and kills Duela, he attempts to kill Jason but is stopped by a second gear Monitor. This moment Monitor apologizes to Jason before they both disappear, leaving Jason alone with Duela ‘s body. by and by, at Duela ‘s funeral, Jason hides until all of the Teen Titans have left except Donna Troy. Jason tells her what happened the night of Duela ‘s death, and about the duel Monitors. He knows that both he and Donna Troy have come bet on from the dead, and wonders which of them is adjacent on the Monitor ‘s hit number. The two are then attacked by the Forerunner, but before she can kill them, the apologetic Monitor stops her, and recruits Jason and Donna for a mission to the Palmerverse ( a incision of the Nanoverse discovered by Ray Palmer ), in an undertake to find Palmer. During the trip, Jason takes it upon himself to name the Monitor “ Bob ”. On Earth-51, Jason meets that world ‘s Batman. It was shown that this version of Batman had begun to use deadly force when his Jason died. Jason Todd of New Earth is then given a new costume and the codename, Red Robin. Earth-51 Batman had primitively planned to give those to his Jason, but he died before it was time. During a final examination confrontation on Earth-51, Batman is killed, much to Jason ‘s ferocity. After landing on Apokolips and battling against Darkseid ‘s forces, the team returns to New Earth, Jason once again turns his back on life as a costume hero, and returns to his old ways of dealing with crime .
Batman R.I.P .
Following Batman ‘s disappearance during the events of Batman R.I.P. Jason begins manipulating the Gang Wars in Gotham, so as to take control of them. unfortunately, Jason ‘s approach leads to more lineage shed and ferocity. With both Nightwing and Batman unavailable, it falls to Tim Drake to deal with the mess Jason created. Jason however, asks Tim to join forces with him, though Tim, of course, refuses on the grounds that Jason ‘s methods are excessively questionable. This leads to a confrontation between Jason and Tim Drake, which is interrupted by the arrival of another Red Robin, whose identity is initially a mystery but late turns out to be Ulysses Armstrong. Due to a combination of Red Robin ‘s participation and a gun-toting gang penis, Jason was shot in the leg and arrested by police. Upon the resolution of the gang war in Gotham, Tim Drake – under a pseudonym visited Jason in prison to give him the Justice League access code to release himself from prison, due chiefly to the fact that Tim believes that Jason should be given another probability at redemption. Following his escape, Jason continues on the repair and is summoned by Tim to come to the Batcave, where Batman has left his last Will and Testament instruction for him. After hearing the affirmation in private, Jason prepares to leave, not revealing what he was told, although he does pause before his old costume and the tattered remains of Batman ‘s. It is by and by revealed that the message left for Jason was Bruce admitting that of all his failures, Jason was the biggest. Bruce states that he regrets never offering Jason any aid or feel for his obvious emotional hardships, but rather dressing him up as Robin and putting him in constant danger. These words, however, only cause Jason to snap wholly, leading to the events of the Battle for the Cowl .
Battle for the Cowl
Following his evasion from prison, Jason obviously decided to put a bid in for the Bat-mantle. He wore a black and grey Batsuit with two handguns, diverse other weapons and a mouth-plate. He is besides living/operating out of an abandoned Gotham underpass organization. His inner monologue demonstrated that he ‘d constantly had a desire to finally replace Batman, and his displeasure with Batman becoming a populace trope, rather than an urban caption.
Read more : Captain America – Wikipedia
Jason begins his war on crime using deadly tactics and leaving slips of paper saying “ I AM BATMAN ”. After Jason manages to take down a group of thugs, he then escapes only to have Nightwing and Damian Wayne on his chase. Nightwing deduces that the imposter is Jason Todd. After a inadequate quarrel, Damian is shot by Jason. At the same fourth dimension, Tim Drake begins a search to stop the imposter and dresses as Batman in order to demonstrate how the actual Batman would have acted. Tim finds Jason Todd ‘s “ Batcave ” in a metro station and is saved from a dumbbell trap by Catwoman, who knows Tim is behind the mask. Jason ambushes them, disposing of Catwoman, and then getting into a contend with Tim before impaling him in the chest with a batarang, exclaiming “ One more to go ”. After questioning himself, following Damian ‘s near death, Nightwing goes forth against Jason, intending to take down Todd once and for all. The pair battle, all the while with Jason claiming that Tim is dead, unaware that Tim survived and was saved by Damian and the Squire. The conflict accumulates to Nightwing kicking Jason off a travel rapidly train. When Dick attempted to help Jason, the other homo refused and fell to his supposed death, though claiming they would see each other again soon. This allowed Dick to formally assume the mantle of Batman .
revenge of the Red Hood
Jason survived his fall and gave up his title to Batman ‘s mantle. Dick was Batman now, and Jason set out to become Dick ‘s direct competition. He reworked his crimson Hood identity to be more dramatic and attention-grabbing by creating a costume for it, a costume very like to the original Red Hood outfit the Joker had used. besides, he stopped dying his haircloth black and allowed it to grow bolshevik again with a minor grey streak left by his previous vulnerability to a Lazarus Pit. To complete his transformation, he even found himself a buddy. This was Scarlet, the daughter of a criminal and the victim of Professor Pyg ‘s practice of mutilation. His intent was for them to become Gotham City ‘s new dynamic duet, supplanting the old one. With his new partner, Jason resumed his beastly and deadly methods of dealing with criminals, but now there was a device. Using the media and Internet, he exposed his methods to the public and actively marketed them as the way things should be done. public public opinion was actually at least slightly in his prefer, particularly after he showed Batman and Robin protecting the Penguin from him and Scarlet. He was able to keep ahead of Batman and Robin, getting to criminals first and evading their attempts to apprehend him. That lasted until he tracked down a criminal who got away from him to finish what he had started. Batman and Robin arrived to stop them, and the two duet contend. The fight went in Jason ‘s favor. rather of the two heroes capturing him, he captured them, stripped them naked, and locked them out of his means for the time being. His plan was to reveal to the world on a Twitter webcam, the identities of Batman and Robin if the public offered adequate attention to it. It was then that Jason and Scarlet were ambushed by an assassin called Flamingo. He took two shots from a sniper ‘s rifle, shattering his helmet. While Batman and Robin escaped from his trap, Todd and Scarlet attempted to combat against Flamingo. however, both of them proved subscript to Flamingo ‘s skills, and it was only with the timely arrival of Batman and Robin that they were not killed. Jason used the Dynamic Duo as a cover, proceeded to crush Flamingo with a truck, while Damian threw himself in front of an attack to save Scarlet, leaving him crippled. Scarlet escaped, and Jason was again taken into police hands. As he was dragged away, however, he shouted at Dick that if the Lazarus Pits could revive him from the dead ( a half-truth ), then why had n’t Dick done it for Bruce ?
Jason files an appeal to be moved from Arkham Asylum where he ‘s been held for observation for the last several months. Bruce Wayne as Batman visits him there to inform Jason he ‘s in Arkham for his own auspices. Jason points out he ‘s passed all the psychological tests repeatedly and there is no cause to keep him in what he calls Batman ‘s “ kennel of freaks ”. Jason is transferred to a Gotham prison and upon his arrival, the suicide rate spikes amongst top incarcerated crime figures there. several homicides occur due to many botched attempts on Jason ‘s animation by inmates with a stew against the Red Hood ‘s tactics. Jason escalates things far by poisoning the cafeteria, killing 82 and sickening 100 more inmates. He is immediately transferred back to Arkham but is broken out of the paddy big dipper by a group of mercenaries. The mercenaries reveal they are under orders to bring Jason to the person that hired them and that he is in no danger. Jason breaks free and fights them off all the same as Batman and Robin arrive. Once the chartered guns are subdued they reveal their employer has captured Scarlet, Jason ‘s former buddy. Dick, Damian, and Jason go to one of the Red Hood ‘s weapon caches where he assembles a composite costume made from his biker and “ superhero ” Red Hood overdress. The three mean to rescue Scarlet. After Batman and Robin defeat the mercs, Red Hood rescues Scarlet and escapes using the helicopter. Batman and Robin try to chase him, but Red Hood tells them that he planted bombard over Gotham City months ago. Scarlet desires to stay with Red Hood as his collaborator. bolshevik Hood and Scarlet capitulum toward an strange destination. Dick does nothing, surmising Jason was bluffing, and that though he ‘s on the road to reform, he ‘ll only rejoin the Bat-Family when he is ready .
The New 52
Jason attempted to make up for his sins by leading the Outlaws, a team of contrary heroes including Arsenal and Starfire. The red symbol on his chest of drawers is now changed to a bat, representing his uneasy reconciliation with the Batman Family. interestingly, the costume itself is acquired by Jason from a collection of costumes identified as having belonged to Dick Grayson, including the original Nightwing costume, implying that this particular kit belonged to Dick arsenic well. He acquires it concisely after meeting Starfire, who had it in her possession. It is besides apparent that as of the boot, Jason ‘s relationship with Tim is at least cordial, as Jason visits Tim on at least one occasion ( recounted via flashback in Red Hood & the Outlaws # 8 ), during which the two exchange information before Tim invites Jason to stay for breakfast, and the two share a joke about Alfred ‘s waffles, which Tim describes as tasting “ like glue ”. The conversation implies that the kinship between Jason and his erstwhile mentor, however, remains strained, if not hostile. Though he retained his aggressive style of crusade, it is clearly in the first issue of “ Red Hood and the Outlaws ” that he has continued to use deadly force against his adversaries. In said issue, Jason used his firearms in an act of self-defense to kill three throng members, and he did so with little hesitation or empathy. In issue two however he feels compassion and obedience for his former trainers who he was forced to put in their zombified state, implying he decides to use deadly storm on a shell by case footing, not hesitating if he sees no early option, like to the Huntress. At the end of the same consequence, he feels that he ultimately has a team, and has finally picked a side. He besides sacrificed his most care for memory from his days as Robin, realizing his that his conflicting emotions were preventing him to do what needed to be done for the “ Greater Good ” .
The DC Rebirth introduced the revival of Red Hood and the Outlaws with a second bulk released in August 2016. Jason Todd ‘s backstory is altered to resemble his original meet with Batman occurring while trying to steal tires from the Batmobile. Jason ‘s mother is already dead by immediately and his father is serving a biography conviction in prison, so he has been living on the streets. Batman at first tries helping him by enrolling him in Ma Gunn ‘s boarding school, trying to give him a dwelling. however he does not realise that Ma Gunn is actually using the school as a shroud to recruit young delinquents into her own condemnable gang. When Batman discovers this, he takes down Ma Gunn, with aid from Jason. Batman then takes him in and raises him as the new Robin, though realizes early on that Jason has a violent streak. After Jason is killed by the Joker and resurrected in the Lazarus Pit, he goes on to become the Red Hood, straining his relationship with Batman. [ 1 ] The new team consists of Jason Todd as Red Hood, the discredit Amazon warrior named Artemis, and the Superman ringer called Bizarro. This team is referred to as DC ‘s “ Dark Trinity ” in comparison to the new Trinity series included in DC Rebirth which follows Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. The team would stay together until Red Hood and the Outlaws # 25-26, where Jason went solo after his team disappeared and the title was changed to Red Hood: Outlaw. He besides late appears in year of the Villain and Event Leviathan # 2 .
Powers and Abilities
- Lazarus-Enhanced Capabilities: As of his perfect resurrection by the Lazarus Pit, he no longer ages & regenerates from injuries at a very fast rate, allowing him to perfectly cheat death on several occasions. His strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, durability, and metabolism/immune system have been enhanced even further.
- Peak Human Conditioning: Through years of intense and extensive training, special dieting plans, and meditation techniques from Batman plus training after his resurrection, Jason is at the very peak of human potential and perfection. By matching his former mentor in combat he has proven that he is far superior to Olympic-level athletes, just as Batman is. His strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina, durability, endurance, healing, and senses are practically superhuman; near the limits of a super-soldier’s inhuman capabilities. He represents the pinnacle of human physical potential/perfection much like Batman and Nightwing.
- Peak Human Strength: Jason’s strength is at the peak of human potential. He is strong enough to break through a submarine hull with a single punch, effortlessly lift a man over his head with one hand and throw him several meters through an airplane window, casually kick an airplane door off the hinges while it’s flying, send Deathstroke flying with a kick, break the neck and arm of a superhuman Talon, throw an alien with one hand, flip Susie Sue on her head (she weighs over 600 lbs), hold the roof of a collapsed building and support the weight of a enormous cruise missile for an extended period of time. Red Hood’s strength and brute force is comparable, if not equal to Batman’s and is practically superhuman; showcased when he cut a dinosaur’s head off with one slice, overpowered a large group of Venom-users, struck Lobo to the floor, leg flipped Bane on his head even Supergirl commented that “he is far stronger than any human” and “no human should be this powerful”. This type of strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to jump very high heights and leap long distances. Using highly effective muscle control, Red Hood can apply practically superhuman force in his physical attacks to match Meta-human super-soldiers like Ravager (who easily has the strength of 10 men, possibly a dozen or more).
- Peak Human Speed: He can run and move at incredible speeds comparable to the finest human athletes, much faster than normal humans. He has outran a moving vehicle and hit Green Arrow before he can even react. While unarmed Jason once blitzed an entire GCPD SWAT team before anyone could even pull the trigger. Red Hood has been noted to have superior combat speed than Tim Drake, as he admitted that Jason is a faster fighter than himself. Jason’s speed allows him to be more than fast enough to stab Onyx so fast she didn’t even notice. His fastest feats of speed to date is accurately shooting a gang of thugs faster than the eye can follow, despite guns already being aimed at him, and evading superhumanly fast spear strikes from an ancient-enhanced martial artist so fast he formed multiple afterimages behind him. He is faster than Batman but not Nightwing.
- Peak Human Stamina: His highly trained and developed body generates considerably less fatigue toxins and is much more resistant to fatigue toxins than normal humans, granting him exceptional endurance and lung capacity. His lung capacity is so great that he can hold his breath underwater for extended periods of time with little to no strain at all. He can exert himself at peak capacity without slowing down for several hours before showing signs of fatigue or began tiring, even if he is extremely exhausted physically and mentally.
- Peak Human Agility: Jason’s agility is greater than that of a Chinese acrobat and superior to any Olympic-gold athlete gymnast that has ever competed. He can coordinate his body with flawless balance, equilibrium, flexibility, bodily coordination and dexterity. This agility allows him to have a lot of midair maneuverability and perform gymnastic and acrobatic moves that would be very difficult or impossible for normal humans, such as easily front-flipping through a narrow window and flipping around gunfire as a teenage Robin. Jason can vertical jump at least 10-15 ft in the air without a running start, possibly more when pushed. Red Hood has been shown keeping up with an acrobatic-Talon that possesses speed and agility to that of Nightwing. He used gymnastic and acrobatic agility to survive a fall Starfire surely thought would kill him. Even Batman made a mental note to himself; commenting that he isn’t just fast, but agile as well.
- Peak Human Reflexes: Similar to his speed, his reflexes and reaction time is honed to an extraordinary rate and is seemingly superhuman; and is far superior to normal humans. He is capable of quickly reacting and dodging rapid gunfire at point-blank range from multiple gunmen while evading simultaneous attacks from multiple enemies on many occasions, though he can get hit if there are to many to evade. Jason’s reflexes allow him to casually weave through machine-gun fire on a regular basis and block an arrow with his knife.
- Peak Human Durability: His muscles and bones are far tougher and vastly denser than ordinary humans; making him extremely durable to certain degrees, enough that he can tolerate massive amounts of physical pain and damage. His physique which is rigorously trained to the uttermost human limit and is extremely tough and resistant to damage, which allows him to survived dangers that would have killed most other people, like being slammed straight through thick reinforced concrete with little to no injury. He is able to withstand being stabbed and shot multiple times. He’s survived being blasted with a bazooka, multiple nuclear explosions underwater, being set ablaze by a flamethrower, and withstood blows from superhuman opponents such as Deathstroke, Frankenstein, Bane (on venom) and more.
- Master Martial Artist: Jason Todd is a highly skilled combatant, due to having been rigorously and extensively trained by Batman – who has mastered every single form of hand-to-hand combat and martial arts known to man. Although he was always more of a brawler as Robin, following his resurrection he traveled the world to continue his training, learning every form of martial arts he could, just as Batman did. Later on, his combat skill was further improved, as he was also trained by Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger and the All Caste and was considered their most successful pupil. Demonstrating himself to be far more skilled than before, he is capable of defeating multiple opponents such as a room full of Russian-mobsters, a room full of ninjas, Spyral trainees, undead Talons, and Metahumans simultaneously by manipulating or breaking limbs or spines, and can even fight blind. He was even capable of holding his own against Batman and Nightwing to a standstill and fought Batman a second time for a very long time but was ultimately defeated. Jason held his own against the Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Ra’s al Ghul and also managed to overpower Tim Drake and the Teen Titans at the Titans Tower. Red Hood has also defeated a group of aliens in just seventeen seconds while holding back. Jason’s fighting style focuses on brutality, strength, and speed; he is shown to have mastered over half-a dozen fighting styles and has proven to be a master of Aikido, Capoeira, Karate, Ninjutsu, Savate, Krav Maga, Kickboxing, and Tae Kwon Do. He has effectively combined the martial arts he has mastered into a unique harmonious style that suits his strengths. He also knows a unique technique taught to him by Talia al Ghul and an old punching technique that’ll take someone’s supernatural/magical enhancements and powers. Even Damian Wayne, who doesn’t have a very high opinion of Jason, called him in Event Leviathan one of the great master fighters of all time. As part of his training as Robin, Bruce taught Jason a technique called “language of combat,” wherein he can communicate with others while fighting. With these skills, he maintains his place as one of DC’s top martial artists and combatants.
- Master Marksman: Having been trained by Batman, Jason has perfect aim when using batarangs and later, firearms. To increase his skill with firearms he went a step further than Batman on his journey around the world to learn from the masters how to kill a target with different types of guns. His precision and accuracy is superior to Batman’s, as he is the best marksman of the Bat-family. He is one of the top 5 marksmen in the entire DC Universe and is highly skilled in throwing projectiles, firearms, and archery; almost on par with Deadshot’s. Red Hood is equally skilled in marksman with throwing projectiles such as shuriken, throwing knives, and batarangs, as they could be utilized in intense or time-dependent combat situations. He is capable of shooting a man at a long distance, whilst being physically attacked by several other opponents. This evidence further proves him as one of the best marksmen in the DC Universe. Jason rarely ever misses his targets 9 times out of 10, unless it is inhumanly difficult or outmatched.
- Weapon Master: He can use every type of blade, firearm, explosive and heavy military weapons like pistols, shotguns, automatic rifles, sniper rifles, grenades, tasers, and rocket launchers. He uses also knives, shurikens, throwing knives, swords, sticks, staffs, and batarangs and can even turn something as simple as a pen into a deadly weapon. Jason has even showcased high proficiency with whips against an opponent with superhuman speed.
- Skilled Swordsman: Jason has been shown to be skilled enough to hold his own against the Green Arrow in a sword fight until he ultimately lost but in the New 52 he fought him again and won this time. He was also able to keep up with Ra’s Al Ghul and match him for an in a sword battle extended period of time.
- Expert Acrobat: In his training as Robin, he had been taught acrobatics and gymnastics routines. He further practices his abilities as the Red Hood even going so far as to chase the Bat Family around just to test his speed.
- Genius-Level Intellect: After being adopted by Bruce, Jason received an excellent education and tutoring from both private tutors and Bruce thus, has deep knowledge in many subjects, including Science, Math, Medicine, Geography, Criminology, World History and English. He has also proven to be a highly efficient criminal strategist and organised as the Red Hood. Jason is shown to be highly skilled in mechanics, as he was performing maintenance and upgrading his motorcycle, car, and helicopter, Bat-Gordon’s exoskeleton. He also is proficient in business management which was seen by formerly runing, owning, and managing Penguin’s Iceberg Lounge Club/Casino. He has a college GPA of 94.8, can understand/study the Tamaranean language, and is even smart enough to track Starfire’s alien spacecraft while it was cloaked.
- Expert Tactician & Strategist: Although contradictory to his once childish nature, Jason’s learned to survey his targets before attacking and killing them. He spends long hours scouting targets and assuring that they deserve his brand of justice. He is well-versed in military-grade tactics, strategies, and protocols. He also orchestrated a plan to manipulate crime lords of Gotham, taking control of gangs, starting gang wars all to having the Joker escaping form Arkham Asylum and having a final showdown with Batman.
- Master Detective: Being trained by Bruce Wayne, Jason has shown some expertise as a detective. He also led the detective team consisting of some of the best detectives of all time like Batman, Lois Lane, the Question and Damian Wayne the right way to understand who Leviathan is after and why. Jason is highly skilled in observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber; surpassed only by a handful.
- Expert Computer Hacker: Having been heavily taught by Bruce Wayne in computers and networks, then drastically improved by Tim Drake, Jason was easily able to hack into LexCorp computers in less than five minutes, bypass the US government’s military database, break into Batgirl’s advanced security networks. His skill in computers, networks, and technology is on par with Barbara Gordon and Tim Drake, but the still have edge in superiority.
- Expert Inquisitor: Jason is adept in the use of interrogation techniques, employing anything from law enforcement methods to outright torture. Several techniques have been seen, include hanging a person over the edge of a building by one leg or chaining a person upside down and beating them. All of which are techniques he picked up from Batman. He usually just plain uses his frightening appearance to get answers.
- Expert Escape Artist: Jason was once heavily chained, held at gunpoint by two men and surrounded by a total of four armed men plus Captain Boomerang and managed to slip free. When his body was securely chain-locked in place by Ra’s al Ghul, he still escaped in plain sight without much effort. He was also sure of himself that he could breakout of Belle Reve the most secure place on the planet.
- Master of Disguise: He was trained by Batman himself and the All-Caste and the League of Assassins to blend in anywhere and become anyone.
- Expert Vehicular Driver: Jason has expertise in evasive driving and combat piloting a variety of vehicles from motorcycles, cars, boats, airplanes, and helicopters to being trained in the Middle East by an ace pilot to fly helicopters and planes.
- Expert Bomb Assembly and Defusal: Taught by a world renowned bomb expert in Russia, Jason is able to assemble and defuse a wide variety of conventional explosive devices, from improvised to military grade designs. It is yet to be determined whether or not he can diffuse Nuclear devices, in contrast to Batman and Damian’s demonstrated ability.
- Expert Tracker: Trained in hunting and tracking techniques by Batman and League Members from African Bushmen (the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-eyed Brotherhood, among others).
- Expert Leader: Jason lead both versions of the Outlaws for a long time without problems and even helped Roy Harper and Starfire with their relationship, which shows also a emotional intelligence to him.
- Occultism: Jason, through his training with the All-Caste, is knowledgeable on various mystical concepts.
- Expert Intimidatior: He was able to intimidate Gotham mob bosses and Black Mask. He is also very feared by the thugs on the streets of Gotham. He is also famous in the organized crime all around the world for his ruthlessness and brutality. Although Batman has the edge in the ‘fear’ category, he is still highly intimidating due to his Batman-like mental and physical prowess plus the willingness to kill.
- Indomitable Will: Jason is able to function while tolerating massive amounts of physical pain and won’t stop a mission until it’s done.
- Master Spy: Due to his training with Batman and his further training around the world he is a master of stealth, espionage, infiltration, disguise and sabotage. Jason is capable of breaching very high-security facilities with ease and without being detected. He is skilled enough to infiltrate Tim Drake’s hideout without his knowledge, also he has shown enough stealth prowess to track down and scout Batgirl’s top secret hideout, despite her intelligence. Jason has proven capable of infiltrating the Black Hawk Organization, the Spyral Organization, a terrorist airplane, even broke into Supergirl’s apartment and snuck away from her while she was using her super-hearing.
Jason Todd possesses the normal human force of a 6-foot, 225-pound young man who regularly engages in intensifier physical drill. Jason is adequate to of lifting over 1000 pound .
- Robin Costume: After becoming Robin, Todd received Dick Grayson’s old Robin costume. It includes a fabric tunic, that offered limited protection against bullets and blunt attacks, a yellow cape, green shorts, and pixie-boots. His utility belt carried batarangs, grappling hooks, gas pellets and assorted other bat-related weapons.
- Red Hood Costume: After his resurrection and return to Gotham, Jason used the guise of Red Hood. The first costume consisted of Jeans, T-Shirt, Biker Jacket, A domino mask that is held in place by Spirit Gum, and The Red Hood Mask. His mask contains a Radio Transmitter and Receiver as well as Night Vision. He has Gauntlets that contain compartments for his weapons, which are deadlier. His weapons of choice are a pair of customized Jericho 941’s, fitted with extra serrations and mini red dot sights, an assortment of shurikens, and a flame dagger, a replica of one of Ra’s Al Ghul’s weapons. His second costume has the Red Hood Mask, which is still metallic, although it appears to have been modified. He wears a white and Grey costume which also comes with a cape. In the middle of his chest is a Red Skull. He uses lethal force by means of his two red pistols. The third version of the costume is similar to the first with the exceptions of a red bat emblem on the chest, a brown biker jacket and a more form fitting mask with Jason’s mouth visible and a distinct absence of a domino mask underneath instead he has a mask like his old Robin mask under the hood. Jason’s new outfit possesses tech and weapons inside it similar to the Batman Beyond suit. So far shown are glider wings housed in the forearms and a grappling hook with reticle aimer on the left forearm. Jason’s helmet or “hood” provides a moderate degree of protection. When a Talon stabbed it with a knife cracking it, Jason was shocked that a knife was able to do that and stated that no knife should able to crack his hood. Also, Jason used a dosage of Venom while on a mission with Supergirl. His most recent suit consists of the standard biker jacket, jeans and metallic mask. However, he now wears an armor like shirt with the red bat emblem. He also modifies his attire with technology regularly, with one suit containing retractable blades along the arms. His most recent suit has a taser powerful to stun an Amazon while on a low charge. He also wields pistols that fire normal bullets along with other types of ammo such as sedative injectors and anti-tank rounds. In most, if not all instances, Jason usually carries a firearm with him. He usually only carries dual pistols with him, but will use whatever gun he feels suits his purposes.
- Red Robin Costume: Similar in some ways to Damian Wayne’s Robin costume, this costume offered many of the same protections and functions, although it had added glider capability in the cape, and assorted Robin-esque weaponry.
- Batman Costume: Unlike the conventional Batman costume, Jason’s version was far more militaristic, with heavier body armor of gray and black. Rather than the normal cowl design, the pointed ears were made to look more like devil horns, and the lenses glowed red giving him a far more demonic appearance. The mouth of the of the mask was covered with a gas mask type device. Rather than carrying the normal non-lethal utility belt, Jason’s was filled with assorted lethal weaponry.
- Automatic Handguns
- Grenades/Other Explosives
- Electric Wings
- Twin Blade Katanas
|There is an image gallery for|
- Bruce tried to reform Jason by submitting him to treatments at Arkham Asylum under an alias. It was then revealed that Jason is still sane, just willing to do what Batman refused to. He was being transferred to Blackgate Prison when he managed to escape.
- Despite his idolization of Bruce, he was angry that he refused to kill the Joker, even after Jason was murdered. As Batman noted, he never understood the Batman Code: never kill. Although Batman did nearly kill the Joker as revenge for Todd at the end of A Death in the Family.
In early Media
DC Animated Universe
Jason Todd never appeared in the DC Animated population on-screen with the shows skipping over him a Robin to get to Tim Drake. His memorial is however alluded to in the first episode with Tim Drake, obviously being the befit of Dick Grayson ( albeit one not seen until that point in the show ). This head to some speculate that Jason Todd truly existing in the world as a unavowed Robin although there was never any evidence to support this with the Robin-suit display being the only allusion to the lost buddy .
many of Jason ‘s attributes can be found in The New Batman Adventures personification of Tim Drake ‘s Robin ( although apparently by coincidence ). Tim is shown to be the son of a dirt-bag criminal from the slums of Gotham City and himself, a identical street-wise kid. Tim is besides given a connection to Two-Face via him being his forefather ‘s employer which could be taken as reference to Jason ‘s approximate mangle of Two-Face as Robin ( although more likely would be an allusion to Two-Face killing the Flying Graysons in the film Batman Forever ). In the film Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Tim is besides revealed to have been put through a Death in the Family -esque event. here being that Joker kidnapped Tim, tortured him to learn Batman ‘s identity, then brainwashed him into becoming, “ Joker Jr. “ to get at Batman. This resulted in Tim murdering the joker with his own spear-gun before breaking down and retiring from crime-fighting .
In 2020, it was revealed that Jason Todd ‘s Red Hood would be included in a comics-based expansion of Batman: The Animated Series with a figurine of him being released. This figurine appearing to be modelled after the Red Hood ‘s appearance in Under the Hood with Todd ‘s black haircloth with a white-streak from Batman : Hush, and his cheek-scar from the New 52. In these comics, Jason ‘s backstory is revised with him having been brothers with a male child who joined a street-gang called The Wolves on Gotham ‘s East-Side. As a wind Little Red Riding Hood allusion, the gang would force new members to wear, “ crimson hoods ” and act as lookouts in dangerous positions. Jason ‘s brother died at this speculate, resulting in the young Jason becoming obsessed with violently destroying the crowd. Jason ‘s adventures lead to him getting taken in by Batman to be trained as his newfangled Robin following the leave of Dick Grayson. Before his train was complete, Jason stole the Robin befit and went out to fight crime aboard Batman as the new Robin. Batman decided to take the male child in as his modern buddy but Jason ‘s past-traumas and violence go to him closely viciously murdering the Scarecrow. When fighting Jason on this, Jason kicked Bruce in the chew the fat and fled the batcave before disappearing. Four years subsequently, we see Jason stalking the Bat-Family and the Joker. When Batman went to confront Jason, he found lone an enemy who rigged an explosive trap to try and defeat him .
“ emperor joker ! ” features a scene where Batman is shown a statue depicting Jason ‘s death in Batman # 428 as a separate of Bat-Mite ‘s extra-dimensional museum. Bat-Mite then breaks the fourthly wall by informing Batman of the vote that resulted in Jason ‘s demise. Batman gives no reaction, as in this population Dick Grayson was the lone Robin Batman ever worked with .
In the episode “ Satisfaction “, there ‘s a memorial of the fall heroes where an prototype of a Robin can be seen. This has been confirmed to be Jason Todd .
See: Jason Todd ( Titans )
In this film, the Robin memorial is shown in the Batcave. The suit is besides vandalized by Joker, who spray painted across it “ Hahaha joke’s on you, Batman “, and alluded to his hired hand in the death. In Suicide Squad, it is revealed that Harley Quinn obviously had a hand in the murder. The identity of the Robin was intended to be Dick Grayson as opposed to Jason, a gravestone property in the early film confirming this. According to its director Zack Snyder, no other Robins, including Jason, have ever existed in the films ‘ continuity .
Batman: Arkham series
Although Jason Todd himself does not make an appearance in Injustice: Gods Among Us, he is alluded to a few times, namely in sexual intercourse to the Joker and the Regime version of Nightwing : In both games, Joker ‘s movesets include him beating an opponent with a crowbar, equally well as the Injustice version of Nightwing, Damian Wayne, sharing like traits to Jason such as holier-than-thou ferocity and being a counterpart to Nightwing. In addition, one of Joker ‘s intro when fighting Damian Wayne in the latter bet on has them alluding to Joker ‘s mangle of Jason Todd, where Damian tells Joker “ I ‘m no Jason Todd ”, with Joker responding that Jason was hapless and calls Damian contemptible, while Damian throws the abuse back by calling Joker “ both. ”
Read more : Scarlet Scarab Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
Jason appears as the Red Hood in Injustice 2, though as a DLC character. however, he is besides mentioned by Damian during the story mode as one of the Joker ‘s victims whom his father failed to rescue ; the sequence taking place before they learned of his resurrection/survival. In his arcade ending, Jason, after defeating Brainiac, refuses to join Superman ‘s Regime, despite agreeing their points on the criminals must be punished to death, as he recognizes that the Man of Steel had been twisted by Joker ‘s actions. In his multiverse arcade ending after Brainiac ‘s kill, Red Hood decide to continue his common deadly crime fighting business while the Insurgency and Regime are having a dispute again over Braniac ‘s fortune to restore the steal cities and planets. Jason besides features prominently during the prequel comics for the second game. Working for Ra ‘s alabama Ghul and the League of Assassins, he impersonates Batman to plant misgiving in his mentor ‘s efforts in rebuilding club and takes control of the Suicide Squad. Jason besides builds a friendship with Damien and finally is convinced to leave the League, due to their attacks targeting civilians more than criminals .
- Jason’s birthday is August 16th.
- Jason considers Roy Harper to be his best friend.
- Jason Todd has a confirmed kill count of 83.
- Jason kept the tire he originally stole from the Batmobile.
- Jason was romantically involved with Talia al Ghul, Rose Wilson, Essence, Starfire, Isabel Ardila, Artemis and Barbara Gordon.