Travel Adaptor for Greece | Electrical Safety First

Greece travel adaptors

You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electric appliances safely whilst overseas. This normally includes the practice of a change of location adapter, which is a device that simply allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a extraneous electrical socket. It is crucial to note that it does not convert the electric potential or frequency .
For Greece there are two associate chew types C and F. Plug type C is the fireplug which has two beat pins and plug type F is the fireplug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side. Greece operates on a 230V supply electric potential and 50Hz .

  • Type C socket
    Type C
  • Type F socket
    Type F

Voltage converters and transformers

electricity supplies worldwide can vary from anything between 100V and 240V. It can be highly dangerous to use an electric appliance that is rated at a voltage different from the supply .
As voltage can differ from country to state, you may need to use a voltage converter or transformer whilst in Greece. If the frequency is different, the convention operation of an electric appliance may besides be affected. For exemplar, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity add. Most electric potential converters and transformers come supplied with fireplug adaptors, so you may not need to buy a separate travel adapter.

All converters and transformers will have a utmost world power rating ( AMPS or WATTS ) so make sure that any appliance you intend to use does not exceed this military rank .

Dual voltage rated appliance

You can determine whether you ’ ll indigence to use a converter or transformer, by looking at the appliance evaluation plate .
A double electric potential rated appliance will display for model ‘ INPUT : 110-240V ’ on the body of the appliance or its power supply. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but good a travel adapter, because Greece operates on a 230V supply electric potential, which is within the 110-240V range that the double electric potential appliance operates on.

Single voltage rated appliance

In Greece the add voltage is 230V. If the appliance is a single electric potential rated appliance, it will need to operate at the same voltage as the provision voltage of the state i.e. 230V. If this is not the case it should be used alongside a electric potential transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work safely and properly .
Converters and transformers perform a like routine, but their applications differ. Converters are typically used with appliances that operate for a short duration ( 1-2hours ), whilst most transformers can be used aboard appliances that operate endlessly .
It ’ south important to understand that some travel adaptors are not desirable for any appliances that require an earth connection. These types of travel adaptors should merely be used with double isolate equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below.

Double Insulated Symbol
We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your travel, to understand the requirements in Greece .

reference :
Category : Tech

About admin

I am the owner of the website, my purpose is to bring all the most useful information to users.

Check Also


Manage participants in a zoom meeting webinar

Call the people who attend the meet as follows Alternate host host Who scheduled the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.