Travel Adaptor for Mexico | Electrical Safety First

Mexico travel adaptors

You will need to consider what to pack, to ensure you can use your personal electric appliances safely whilst afield. This normally includes the habit of a travel adapter, which is a device that just allows you to plug any UK electrical appliance into a foreign electric socket. It is important to note that it does not convert the electric potential or frequency .
For Mexico there are two associate plug types, types A and B. Plug type A is the hack which has two flat parallel pins and ballyhoo type B is the ballyhoo which has two flat parallel pins and a ground pivot. Mexico operates on a 127V supply electric potential and 60Hz .

  • Type A socket
    Type A
  • Type B socket
    Type B

Voltage converters and transformers

electricity supplies worldwide can vary from anything between 100V and 240V. It can be highly dangerous to use an electrical appliance that is rated at a electric potential different from the supply .
As voltage can differ from nation to country, you may need to use a electric potential converter or transformer whilst in Mexico. If the frequency is different, the normal mathematical process of an electrical appliance may besides be affected. For example, a 50Hz clock may run faster on a 60Hz electricity provision. Most voltage converters and transformers come supplied with punch adaptors, so you may not need to buy a classify travel adapter.

All converters and transformers will have a maximum office rat ( AMPS or WATTS ) so make surely that any appliance you intend to use does not exceed this rate .

Dual voltage rated appliance

You can determine whether you ’ ll need to use a converter or transformer, by looking at the appliance rat denture .
A double voltage rated appliance will display for exemplar ‘ INPUT : 110-240V ’ on the body of the appliance or its office supply. This means that you will not need a converter or transformer but precisely a locomotion adapter, because Mexico operates on a 127V provide voltage, which is within the 110-240V crop that the dual voltage appliance operates on .

Single voltage rated appliances

In Mexico the supply electric potential is 127V. If the appliance or its power supply are not double electric potential rated, the single voltage appliance will have to be used alongside a voltage transformer or converter to allow the appliance to work safely and by rights ( unless the appliance operates at 127V ).

Converters and transformers perform a like function, but their applications differ. Converters are typically used with appliances that operate for a short duration ( 1-2hours ), whilst most transformers can be used aboard appliances that operate continuously .
It ’ mho important to understand that some change of location adaptors are not desirable for any appliances that require an earth connection. These types of travel adaptors should only be used with double insulate equipment, which will be clearly marked with the symbol shown below .
Double Insulated Symbol

We recommend you check your appliances before embarking on your travel, to understand the requirements in Mexico .
For information on travel adaptors required for other north american countries, follow one of the links below :
Canada | Greenland | United States

informant :
Category : Tech

About admin

I am the owner of the website, my purpose is to bring all the most useful information to users.

Check Also


Manage participants in a zoom meeting webinar

Call the people who attend the meet as follows Alternate host host Who scheduled the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.