- This Article Contains:
- How to Extend Zoom Meeting Time (Step-by-Step)
- 8 FAQs About Zoom Meetings
- 1. What is Zoom Rooms, Zoom Webinar, and Zoom Meetings?
- 2. How to Update a Scheduled Meeting in Zoom?
- 3. How to Schedule a Recurring Zoom Meeting?
- 4. Can You Extend or Reduce Breakout Rooms Time?
- 5. How to Start Cloud Recording?
- 6. How to Designate an Alternative Host?
- 7. How to Enable Screen Sharing on Zoom?
- 8. Does Zoom Remove the 40 Minute Limit?
- 3 Popular Alternatives to Zoom
- Wrapping Up
This Article Contains:
( Click on the associate to go to a especial section ) Let ’ s get started.
How to Extend Zoom Meeting Time (Step-by-Step)
The Zoom call moment limit for free users in all Meetings versions, including Zoom app, Zoom Desktop Client, Zoom Web Portal, and Zoom PWA ( Progressive Web App ), is 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, a Zoom session automatically ends. You can avoid this and extend the Zoom time restrict in two simpleton ways. Let ’ s check them out :
1. By Upgrading to Pro Account
Since the 40 moment clock time limit is lone for the free plan, you can merely upgrade to a Pro report to extend your Zoom meeting time. By upgrading to a Pro report, which costs $ 14.99 /license per month, the meeting host can conduct meetings with a 30-hour time limit — which is more than enough for any exploiter. here are the steps to get a Pro history :
- Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal using your free account.
- From the navigation panel, click Account Management and then, Billing.
- Click on the Current Plans, followed by Upgrade Account.
- Go through the plans and click Upgrade on the Pro plan.
- Customize your plan by editing the number of licenses, selecting monthly or annual payments, etc.
- Click Save & Continue.
- If you want to purchase other products or services, choose from the Interested in Other available products window. If not, select Skip This Step and Go to Checkout to continue.
- Fill up the Sold To and Bill To contact information.
- Choose an appropriate payment method.
- Review and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click on Upgrade Now, followed by Confirm to complete the purchase.
In summation to a longer time terminus ad quem, the pro account enables you to conduct a bombastic meet with more capacity. however, as it costs closely $ 15/license per calendar month, it can be quite expensive. The good news is, you can constantly extend the suffer minute specify without upgrading your free account.
2. Without Upgrading to a Pro Account
first, you need to avoid starting an moment meeting for this method. alternatively, schedule them. Quick Note : The steps we ’ ll cover here are applicable for the Zoom web site, mobile app, and all early Meetings versions.
Step 1: Schedule a Zoom meeting
For scheduling meetings in the Zoom client on a background, all you have to do is :
- Select the Schedule icon (it looks like a calendar).
- Enter the meeting details in the Schedule Meeting pop-up.
- After inserting the required information, click on the Schedule button at the right bottom.
similarly, for scheduling meetings in the Zoom app on a mobile, you have to :
- Choose the Meet & Chat homepage and click on Schedule.
- Enter the meeting settings according to your preferences and click Done.
- When another form opens up, enter attendee names and other data, and click Done.
Check out our step-by-step guide on how to use Zoom for more details.
Step 2: ‘END’ the Meeting
A countdown will appear in the Zoom windowpane when the schedule clock is about to end. now, as the host, you have to click on the End release at the right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Leave the Meeting for the Time Being
Choose the Leave Meeting release. When the host leaves, the converge will end for all participants. Note : Be careful not to click on End Meeting for All. You or a participant may not be able to extend the meet if you click it.
Step 4: Restart the Meeting
After that, the master of ceremonies must restart the meeting using the like Meeting ID. You can then ask the attendees to click on the same Meeting ID. They will enter a new converge that ’ ll last for 40 minutes. You can repeat the above steps as many times a required to extend the meet for hours. additionally, you can use this process to add short breaks in between these 40 moment sessions. How ? Let ’ s say you decide to incorporate a 5-minute break after 30 minutes of the confluence. Just select the Leave the Meeting icon and restart the confluence after your break is over.
now that you know how to extend the Zoom time limit, let ’ s search at a few FAQs.
8 FAQs About Zoom Meetings
here are a few frequently asked questions regarding soar Meetings :
1. What is Zoom Rooms, Zoom Webinar, and Zoom Meetings?
Zoom Room, Webinar, and Meetings are wide used Zoom products. here ’ s what they do :
- Zoom Rooms: A virtual room system that integrates video conferencing, audio conferencing, and wireless screen sharing.
- Zoom Webinar: This product of Zoom helps the meeting host conduct a large meeting with 50000 attendees.
- Zoom Meetings: This cloud-based software enables the user to host and conduct online video meetings with 2-500 participants.
2. How to Update a Scheduled Meeting in Zoom?
To edit and save a schedule approaching suffer, you need to :
- Open the Zoom app and sign in.
- Click on Meetings and then, Upcoming Tab.
- Choose the meeting you need to edit and click Edit.
3. How to Schedule a Recurring Zoom Meeting?
here ’ s how you can start a recurring confluence :
- While scheduling a meeting, make sure to select the Recurring Meeting option.
- Choose a calendar (Google Calendar or Outlook)
- Select the recurrence you want.
- Finalize and click Save to schedule a recurring Zoom meeting.
4. Can You Extend or Reduce Breakout Rooms Time?
You can well cut abruptly a break room meeting by selecting Leave Breakout Rooms early. And if you want to extend the confluence duration of break rooms, you need to choose Keep Breakout Rooms Open.
5. How to Start Cloud Recording?
To start cloud recording a Zoom meeting, you need to :
- Click the Record button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Record to the Cloud to start recording.
- To stop the recording, select End Meeting/Pause/Stop Recording.
6. How to Designate an Alternative Host?
You can assign an alternate host in a few easy steps :
- Click on the Schedule icon.
- From the scheduler window, choose Advanced Options.
- Enter a name in the Alternating Host field.
- Click Schedule.
7. How to Enable Screen Sharing on Zoom?
Follow the two steps to enable screen share :
- Click on the Share Screen button on the meeting controls.
- Then choose the Basic or Advanced screen share option depending on your needs.
- Enable extra features from the bottom-left corner, such as share sound or share to breakout rooms.
- Finally, click Share to start screen sharing.
8. Does Zoom Remove the 40 Minute Limit?
occasionally, Zoom offers a concession in the time restrict as a token of appreciation for free Zoom bill holders. free users can carry out meetings longer than 40 minutes on upcoming particular occasions, like New Year. But since the unlimited meet duration feature of speech international relations and security network ’ metric ton available every day, it isn ’ thymine practical for a growing caller. You can either upgrade to the Pro plan or workaround the Zoom confluence fourth dimension limit without an upgrade. You can besides look for early video conferencing software with more acceptable time limits.
3 Popular Alternatives to Zoom
here are the three best alternatives to Zoom :
1. Google Meet
Google Meet is a television conferencing service developed by Google. It ’ s the surrogate for Google Hangouts and Google Chats as it combines features of the two.
- 60 minute meeting limit for a group video call with 100 participants.
- Provides closed captions for video calls.
- Switches layout and screen to show most active meeting participants.
Google Meet offers a exempt trier. Its pay plans start at $ 7.99/user per month.
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (10,000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.6/5 (39K+ reviews)
2. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a herculean clientele communication platform that ’ mho separate of the Microsoft 365 function cortege.
- Lets free users conduct unlimited meetings without any time limit during the pandemic.
- The maximum capacity of free video meetings is 100 participants.
- Offers 10 GB of cloud storage per user.
Microsoft Teams ’ paid plans begin at $ 4 per user/month when billed per annum.
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (7,000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (11,000+ reviews)
3. Cisco Webex
Cisco Webex is a vane and video recording conferencing creature that conducts on-line meetings, screen share, and webinars.
- Allows 100 people in their meetings with a 50 minute time limit.
- Supports video calling functionality on Android, iOS (iPhone 15), Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chrome.
- Permits you to add participants easily during the meeting.
Webex offers a free plan with basic video calling features.
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (5K+ reviews)
- G2: 4.2/5 (13K+ reviews)
With hundreds of businesses operating remotely or in hybrid employment models ascribable to the Coronavirus pandemic, video recording conferencing tools like Zoom have been a boom. however, the 40 minute specify can hinder meetings. fortunately, you can use the steps mentioned above to extend the Zoom meetings terminus ad quem or upgrade to a Pro account. And if Zoom ’ s not your cup of tea, you can try out the other television conferencing tools we listed above that have exchangeable features but more lenient time constraints.
Get more stuff like this
In your Inbox
pledge to our mailing list and get matter to stuff on distant sour and productiveness to your e-mail inbox. We respect your privacy and take protecting it badly.