- Affiliation and Relationships
- Physical Characteristics
- Origin and Living Status
- Personal Information
- Creators and Appearances
- See besides
Maxwell “ Max ” Dillon
Guillermo ‘s Lapdog, [ 1 ] Sparky [ 2 ]
Human Torch [ 3 ]
Affiliation and Relationships
Superior Six, Defenders ( Villains ), Legion Accursed, Exterminators
Formerly Sinister Six (founding member), New U Technologies, partner of Black Cat Black Cat’s Gang ), Emissaries of Evil (leader and founder), Frightful Four
Reading: Maxwell Dillon (Earth-616)
( father, deceased ) ;
( mother, deceased )
Unnamed sister [ citation needed ]
( ex-wife )
Parents: Jonathan Dillon (father, deceased); Anita Dillon (mother, deceased)Siblings:Unnamed sisterSpouses: Norma Lynn (ex-wife)
5′11″ ( 1.8 thousand )
165 lbs (74.84 kg) (75 kg)
Bolt shaped markings over the face (recently).
Origin and Living Status
Human mutate ;
High-wire lineman Maxwell Dillon was struck by lightning while in contact with ability lines still connected to their spool. The unusually configured magnetic field generated by the scent bobbin of cable and live, high-tension wires induced a body-wide mutagenic change to his nervous system. Dillon found himself transformed into a animation electric capacitor, powered by the micro-fine rhythmical muscle contractions that normally regulate body temperature.
High-wire lineman Maxwell Dillon was struck by lightning while in contact with power lines still connected to their spool. The unusually configured magnetic field generated by the wound spool of cable and live, high-tension wires induced a body-wide mutagenic change to his nervous system. Dillon found himself transformed into a living electrical capacitor, powered by the micro-fine rhythmic muscle contractions that normally regulate body temperature.
Alive ; once deceased
Place of Birth
Endicott, New York
Place of Death
New U Headquarters, San Francisco, California
Professional Criminal, Former Linesman
Base of Operations
San Francisco, California
New York City, New York, United States of America
Formerly New U Headquarters
Creators and Appearances
Stan Lee, Steve Ditko
Amazing Spider-Man # 9
( November, 1963 )
Jewels ! money ! No matter how much I take, I want more — much more ! And with my great baron, nothing can stop me from getting it !
Maxwell Dillon was born in Endicott, New York, the son of Jonathan and Anita Dillon. As a child, Max frequently moved from one township to the next due to his church father Jonathan ‘s difficulty in holding down firm employment. One day Jonathan Dillon announced he was running off with another womanhood and left Anita and Maxwell to fend for themselves. This resulted in Anita becoming overprotective of her son. After Maxwell graduated high school, he announced his plans to go to the university to pursue a degree in electric mastermind. Anita, not wanting her son to become a failure like his founder, lied that he was rejected from college. rather, she suggested he find exercise at the local electric company, which Maxwell pursued alternatively, getting a job as a lineman. When Maxwell was 24 years honest-to-god, his mother had a center attack and died soon thereafter. Maxwell found a steady job with the electric company, but his income was limited. He soon started dating a woman named Norma Lynn, who was a placard salesclerk at the electric company, and they finally married. While Maxwell did not want a woman like his mother, he found the opposite problem in Norma. She complained that she wanted a stable family with a good earner and felt that Maxwell ‘s inability to abandon his electrician ‘s job for fleeceable pastures was a indebtedness. Soon she ran off with an engineer who could provide a life for her that Maxwell could not. The duplicate of his parents ‘ failed relationship in his own biography caused Maxwell to resolve to find a modern womanhood. however, this would set events in motion that would soon culminate in a criminal career. Dillon resolved to find himself a trophy wife whom he could control with money and would probably not isolated as did Norma, lest she be cut off. This mix of pride and crave added a third deadly sin to Dillon ‘s attitude, avarice, and he sought to find any way to stop “ tread water ” in life .
One day another lineman got in trouble and Dillon agreed to save him, but lone after the coworker would expressly remark to the electric company about Dillon ‘s heroism, which would auger well for his chances of getting promoted. however, a freak out lightning storm hit and caused the lineman in distress to lose his libra and spill to his death. In the process Max Dillon gained superpowers when he was struck by lightning while in contact with ability lines inactive connected to their bobbin. The unusually configured magnetic field generated by the scent spool of cable and live, high-tension wires induced a body-wide mutagenic change to his aflutter arrangement. Dillon found himself transformed into a living electric capacitor, powered by the micro-fine rhythmical muscle contractions that normally regulate body temperature. [ 4 ] generally, Dillon ‘s condemnable actions were governed by his selfish love of money. Adopting the flashy dress of a alleged super-villain, the crazed Dillon sought to use his newfound power for personal gain. Electro ‘s first and most patronize nemesis was the wisecrack, web-slinging superhero known as Spider-Man. The daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson was convinced that Spider-Man and Electro were the same man, until Spidey defeated Electro by wearing rubber gloves and shoes. [ 4 ] He following battled Daredevil when he attempted to break in the Baxter Building, headquarter of the Fantastic Four. [ 5 ]
ineffective to best the wall-crawler on his own, Electro much sought intensity in numbers. early in his career, he and five other members of Spider-Man ‘s rogues gallery unite under the leadership of Doctor Octopus – brainy, respected scientist turned tentacled panic. The inaugural address incarnation of the Sinister Six besides included the devious Sandman ; the illusion-casting Mysterio ; the high-flying, lowdown Vulture ; and Kraven the Hunter. The villains ‘ overlord plan : Pummel the wall-crawler one by one until one of them would manage to defeat him. The consequence : Spidey 6, regretful guys 0. [ 6 ]
Emissaries of Evil
After the events of The Six, Electro was hired by Doctor Doom amongst others to disrupt the wedding of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. [ 7 ] Later he was defeated by Daredevil and sought the aid of early super-villains when he created his own Emissaries of Evil. [ 2 ]
Hoping to energize his campaign to smear Spider-Man ‘s repute, J. Jonah Jameson surreptitiously secured Electro ‘s supercharged services to battle the web-slinger on national television receiver. Before an audience of millions, Spider-Man stood exultant once more. Electro ‘s extended string of black defeats about came to an end when the bored villain, hungry for deference, attempted to deprive the integral city of ability by drawing it into his body. Dillon about killed himself as a solution, again meeting kill at the hands of Spider-Man. belated, he fought Daredevil ( again ) and the confuse stranger named Omega the Unknown, [ 8 ] then briefly joined the Frightful Four and fought Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four at their side. [ 9 ] [ 10 ]
early Sinister Six Incarnations
Stinging from their initial failure, the Six stepped up their efforts. With the half-demon Hobgoblin standing in for Kraven, they planned to hold the earth for ransom under a cloud of poison flatulence. Spider-Man was no pit for the villains ‘ collective might, but Dr. Octopus deserted Electro and the remainder of the team when he discovered he could sell the gas as a remedy for cocaine addiction. Without Doc Ock ‘s steering, the Six easily were dispatched by Spider-Man. [ 11 ] A subsequent dodge to destroy their treacherous leader ended when the adrift rogues went their separate ways after failing to achieve their objective. [ 12 ] Electro was besides a member of Mysterio ‘s Sinister Seven, created to combat Spider-Man ‘s harebrained, homicidal clone, Kaine. however, Kaine disappeared and with no far motivation to keep the group together, it was disbanded, and Dillon returned to his self-imposed exile. [ 13 ]
Electro was once again brought out of retirement by the Rose, who offered Dillon the prospect at an experimental procedure to greatly enhance his abilities in exchange for his services as an hell hatchet man. Dillon agreed, sensing the opportunity to rise above his past failures. After undergoing the routine and dispatching several members of the True Believers, an outgrowth of the Hand at the request of the Rose, Dillon returned to his original plan of taking over the New York City ability supply. once again defeated by Spider-Man, who had donned an isolate courtship, a torment Dillon threw himself into the Hudson River, obviously killing himself. [ 14 ]
however, Dillon survived as he reappeared as contribution of the future serial of subsequent incarnations of the Sinister Six, each of which were either defeated or disbanded ascribable to internal conflicts. The most late incarnation, the Sinister Twelve, gathered by the Green Goblin as part of a larger plan to enable his escape from prison and destroy Spider-Man. They were defeated with the assistant of the blend efforts of Captain America, Iron Man, Daredevil, Yellowjacket, and the Fantastic Four. [ 15 ]
Electro was hired by Brainchild to free Karl Lykos, a.k.a. Sauron from the Raft, a maximum-security prison designed to hold supervillains. Electro initiated a prison break the likes of which had never been seen, releasing scores of criminals. however, his actions besides brought together a number of the world ‘s most knock-down heroes to contain the calamity including : captain America, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Daredevil, the Sentry and Spider-Man, many of whom were trapped in the Raft when the baron was shut off. With the exception of Daredevil ( and Sentry at first ), this impromptu gather of heroes reunited concisely after the prison break to form a new Avengers team. Dillon tried to escape with his girlfriend, a waitress in Boston, but was captured by the New Avengers, the very team he unwittingly helped create. [ 16 ]
As Electro aged, his power became unstable and he began working for the Mad Thinker, who could help him control his powers. Blackmailing Dexter Bennett, he gained money and his powers were upgraded. He attacked the Daily Bugle and destroyed it before being beaten once again by Spider-Man .
Electro joined Doc Ock ‘s newly Sinister Six and helped him to rob engineering from the Baxter Building american samoa well as robbing the Zero Cannon from the Intelligencia. [ 17 ] erstwhile late, Doctor Octopus, in his plan to be remembered as the man who saved Earth, offered the opportunity to stop the Greenhouse Effect, ampere well as rush it up, using a extra device connected with different satellites in Earth ‘s orbit. Disguised as Al Gore, Chameleon tried to accelerate the decision of the universe ‘s leaders on the matter, but was uncovered by Spider-Man, who interrupted the scene along with the Avengers. When the Chameleon was freed, he arrived in the Mediterranean on a meet with the rest of the team. The Avengers followed them and arrived, fighting the Sinister Six, and while they were all defeated by the villains, the price of the battle was Electro, who was sent to space by Thor. [ 18 ]
Electro returned to Earth and attempted to avenge himself on thor by forcing an A.I.M. scientist to convert him to generate protons alternatively of electrons, but he was defeated when Spider-Man ( actually Doctor Octopus ‘ thinker in Spider-Man ‘s body at that time ) managed to convert him into a stream of protons and bunker him. Spider-Man placed Electro in a containment cellular telephone next to Sandman ‘s in his concealed subaqueous lab. [ 19 ] After Spider-Man collected three more supervillains, the Superior Six was born. Electro was part of this mind-controlled team until Spider-Man ‘s control over them was lost, and Electro rampaged across New York with the other five members of the team. Electro was finally subdued by both Spider-Man and the raw Sun Girl. [ 20 ]
confederation with the Black Cat
Because of Spider-Man having subdued Electro and turned him into his personal puppet, Max lost credibility as a supervillain. He decided to perform an act similar to when he caused the massive break in the Raft and stormed the Conway Penitentiary. however, his powers went out of control and destroyed the integral build. [ 21 ] nowadays more dangerous, but besides more indocile, than always, Electro had nowhere to go, and the Black Cat offered him an alliance to finish Spider-Man once and for all. At the same time, Parker Industries began working on a means to depower Dillon .
The Black Cat used Electro ‘s exponent to establish some laterality over the hell. They belated kidnapped Parker Industries ‘ Sajani Jaffrey to learn more about the company ‘s projects of a super-prison. The couple of villains late attacked the HQs of the Fact Channel News to demand Spider-Man ‘s appearance, who arrived to fight them, but had to be rescued by his ally Silk from being unmasked by the Black Cat on alive television receiver. Electro and Black Cat infiltrated to the presentation of Parker Industries ‘ Anti-Electro engineering. Felicia started the machine, further enhancing Electro ‘s baron alone to be interrupted by Spider-Man and Silk. With the heroes ‘ appearance, Black Cat changed the plan, using the wiring to overload Electro, who caused an explosion which failed to kill Spider-Man as Felicia wanted, but successfully depowered Max, who was later taken into custody. [ 22 ]
Max, who had been incarcerated at Andru Correctional Facility, was broken out of the prison by Rhino, along with the Lizard, in the behest of the new Jackal, who planned to give Max his powers rear. [ 23 ] As he was approximately to have his powers returned to him by the Jackal and the Lizard, Maxwell changed his mind and decided he could n’t go ahead with the operation. The Jackal then ordered a resurrect Francine Frye ( whom Dillon had unintentionally killed months earlier ) [ 24 ] to appear, convincing him to proceed with it. [ 25 ] however, the procedure failed to give him his powers back as his body rejected them. After the fail experiment, Dillon passed by Francine and the suit began to transfer its energy to her. Francine kissed Dillon, absorbing all the energy from the become to gain his powers, the transfer killing Dillon by frying him to death. [ 26 ]
Using a extra car at the behest of Kindred, Doctor Octopus revived Electro with his powers besides being restored. This consequence pleased Kindred. [ 27 ] Electro then joined a new Sinister Six assembled by Doctor Octopus [ 28 ] to engage war on the Savage Six. [ 29 ]
Electrostatic Energy Generation: Electro possessed the ability to bodily generate electrostatic energy which he could release or harness for a number of effects. He was powered by the micro-fine rhythmical muscle contractions that normally regulate body temperature. His soundbox could generate electricity at a rate of about 10,000 volts per minute, up to his maximum storehouse capacity of 10,000,000 volts. At that indicate, his torso mechanically stopped producing electricity. As he expended his electrostatic energy, his torso automatically began to recharge the stores. Electro could mentally control the sum of electricity he discharges, anywhere from a individual volt to his full 10,000,000-volt charge at once. At ten to thirty feet, his maximum appoint was more than enough to kill a man. Electro could besides use his body as a transformer, touching an outside world power beginning ( such as a generator ) and channeling it through his body for use. The come of electricity he could transform above his body ‘s maximal storage capacitance is unknown. Electro can employ his electrostatic energy in a total of ways :
- Lightning Bolt Projection: The simplest manifestation was the emission of a lightning-like electric arc from his fingertips, which could propagate through air or other conducting mediums. This discharge, whose total voltage can be regulated within certain limits, travelled at the speed of lightning, about 150,000 feet per second. The course of the electrostatic bolt, like lightning, did not always follow a straight line since it could be influenced by conducting substances like metal or other electrical fields. If his target was not grounded, his electrostatic bolt would have had little effect. The maximum effective range of his bolts was about 100 feet.
- Electromagnetic Propulsion via Electrical Lines and Bridges: Electro could propel himself along the accompanying magnetic lines of force in objects that have great electrical potential, such as high-tension electrical lines. He generated light, eddying electrical fields around his legs, which developed an intense, opposing magnetic field that could support him above the electric cable’s magnetic field. By creating imbalances in his field, he could ride along on magnetic ripples at speeds of up to 140 miles per hour, the maximum speed at which he could still breathe unaided. He could sometimes create electrostatic bridges to traverse upon, although the expenditure of energy is enormous. To a limited degree, he could also mimic Spider-Man’s wall-crawling ability, using his electromagnetic field to become attracted to the fields of iron bars in buildings.
- Electrical Detection: Electro’s electrical powers also granted him certain sensory and manipulative abilities. By “feeling” the course of electricity through the circuitry of any electrically powered device, Electro could override the system and make the device obey his mental commands. Electro could disconnect alarm systems, control computers in a limited way, or overload any electrically controlled system that was insufficiently shielded.
- Electrocution: The electric flux of Electro’s skin was such that when his electric charge was at a maximum, a person touching him was in danger of being electrocuted.
- Recharging: By using an external electrical power source to recharge his body’s energy reserves, he could expend electrical energy indefinitely without diminishing his personal reserves.
- Electrical Conversion into Enhanced Physical Attributions: The electricity coursing through his altered body augmented his strength, speed, and recuperative powers. When fully charged, Electro was able to lift (press) about 500 pounds.
- Metal Ionization: Electro was taught by Doctor Octopus during a stint in prison that he could ionize metals.
- Disruption of Wall-Crawling Abilities: Electro’s powers also can disrupt Spider-Man’s electrostatic ability to cling to walls.
- Localized Electromagnetic Storms: Electro once defeated the Invisible Woman when he created a localized electromagnetic storm. This allowed him to carbonize the air around her and it imprisoned her in a sheath of rock-hard electro carbon atoms. Effectively making a statue out of her.
- Electromagnetic Manipulation: An experimental procedure temporarily heightened his powers, allowing Electro to store and absorb a seemingly limitless amount of electricity. He could fly by generating a massive field of electricity which could propel him through the air. He also seemed to gain the power of magnetokinesis to a certain degree, allowing him to manipulate magnetic fields and move objects in a manner similar to that of Magneto, and could overcome his old weakness to water by using the electromagnetic fields around him to vaporize water before it could touch him. He was able to defeat Nate Grey by manipulating the bio-electric currents in the human brain to turn Nate’s own psionic powers against him and do the same to make Spider-Man beg. Presumably, had he further explored the implications of this power, he would have been able to control people’s entire bodies this way as well, and might have been able to control machines in a similar way. He was also able to painfully paralyze anyone by overcharging their synapses’ bio-electrical transmissions. However, Electro somehow seems to have lost these new abilities after he threw himself into the Hudson River, resulting in an explosion.
- Immunity to Electricity: Electro’s body was immune to the effects of its electricity and that of other sources as well. Hence, Electro could not be electrocuted no matter how great the voltage.
- Charging: Electro could charge himself up to reach high maximum voltage. Here he could grow in height to an enormous humanoid looking creature made up of nothing but electricity.
When he was amply charged, Electro was extremely sensitive to anything that may “ short circuit ” him, such as body of water. Later, due to the experiments Spider-Man conducted on him, Electro could lose control over his powers, which caused him to burn out and collapse. [ 21 ]
Electro was able to ‘ride ‘ electricity .
- A continuity error in despicable Deadpool
Read more : Scarlet Scarab Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
#297, released long time after the events of amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 4) #17, shows Electro alive and as part of the patrons of the supervillain gambling ship Queen Kathleen.
Like this ? Let us know !