Reading: Carla Yeager
Kalura Yeager (former translation)
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
- Unnamed parents
- Yeager family
- Grisha Yeager (husband, deceased)
- Eren Yeager (son, deceased)
- Yeager (father-in-law)
- Mrs. Yeager (mother-in-law)
- Faye Yeager (sister-in-law, deceased)
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
To You, 2,000 Years From now
|Do you really have to be special? Do you really need people’s recognition? I don’t think so. At the very least, not when it comes to this child… He doesn’t need to become great. Why would he have to be better than everyone else…? Just look at him… Don’t you see how cute he is? He’s already great. Because he was born… into this world.|
|— Carla expresses her ideology to Keith Shadis|
Carla Yeager ( カルラ・イェーガー Karura Yēgā ?, besides translated as Kalura Yeager ) was the early waitress of a bar in Shiganshina District, the beget of Eren Yeager and the second wife of doctor Grisha Yeager.
Carla was an attractive, fair-skinned woman of culture medium altitude with a slender build up. She had big light eyes, retentive dark hair tied broadly, hanging on her proper shoulder with bangs on each side and lone a few short hairs kept unaffixed on her brow. When she was seen inside her base, Carla wore a cream-colored sweater with frilled sleeves and a long bolshevik dame with a white proscenium and small tan boots. During her younger days, Carla could be seen wearing a short-sleeved dress with a black battlefront laced corset over top .
Carla had a kind, willful, and concerning nature, reprimanding her friends and family for dangerous decisions. This was chiefly seen during her interactions with Eren when he wanted to join the Survey Corps, showing her maternally care. [ 6 ] Unlike Shadis, Carla was more content with the childlike aspects of life and did not believe that is necessity to be acknowledged by others, seeing that existing is extra on its own. Carla had been known to be protective towards her family, enough to put them before herself. This was shown when her parents were disgusted at her side and when her children were in potential danger for attempting to rescue her from a Titan. [ 7 ] however, once Eren and Mikasa left earshot, she whispered that she did not want them to leave her alone to die and retain cry until her end. [ 8 ]
During her youth, Carla worked as a wait in a little legal profession that Keith Shadis frequented. One day, Keith brought along Grisha Yeager, who had recently been found lost outside of the Walls. Carla reprimanded Shadis, thinking that he wanted to beguile Grisha into joining the Survey Corps, but both men denied this. [ 4 ] sometime late, Carla became ill with a disease that plagued Shiganshina and was urgently taken by Shadis to Grisha, who had become a doctor of the church. however, she was more worry about her parents, but Grisha ensured her that everyone would be fine. He finally managed to save Carla and her family, and Carla hugged him as she rejoiced in tears. [ 9 ] They soon fell in sleep together, and sometime late married and had a son named Eren. When Shadis returned from an abortive mission as air force officer, he approached Carla with a young Eren and she expressed her and Grisha ‘s worry for him. Out of malice, he accused her of being ordinary and lacking in imagination. [ 10 ] however, Carla stated that some people do not have to be special or greater than everybody and existing on its own was special. [ 11 ]
Carla is first shown forbidding Eren to join the Survey Corps after Mikasa spoke of Eren ‘s desire to join the military. Though Eren ‘s forefather, Grisha, remained passive and even encourage of Eren ‘s ambition before leaving the house, Carla continues to attempt to convince Eren otherwise, leading Eren to yell at her and run away to ignore her protests. [ 12 ] Upon this, Carla tasks Mikasa with looking out for Eren, saying he needs to be protected from himself. During the invasion of Wall Maria, the Colossus Titan breaches the Wall of Shiganshina District by kicking at its independent gate, and some of the flying debris fall on the Yeagers ‘ house, destroying it with Carla inside. She is trap and her legs are crushed. Eren and Mikasa attempt to free her, but they are not hard enough to lift the beams holding her down. She begs them to leave because of the Titans swarming the city as one Titan is visibly approaching their family. [ 13 ]
Read more : Umi ga Kikoeru
soon, Hannes arrives, initially declaring that he would save the three of them from the approaching Titan, despite Carla ‘s protests that he should grab the children and run. however, Hannes loses his boldness at the frightening appearance of the Titan and decides to take the children to safety rather, abandoning Carla under the wreckage as she requested. Against Eren ‘s desperate protests, Carla screamed to her children that she loved them and pleaded them to stay active. Once the three were on the run and out of earshot, Carla mutters that she does not want them to go, but covers her mouth with her hand so that the children can not hear her end words. The Titan pulls her from the debris and squeezes her in its hand, causing her innards to spew out of her mouth. barely after Mikasa looks away, it devours her as Eren watches in repugnance. [ 14 ]
When Eren, Hange Zoë, and Squad Levi go to question Instructor Keith Shadis on his cognition of Grisha Yeager, Keith puts into words his meeting of Grisha and losing Carla to him and the experiences that led up to, and followed those events. [ 15 ] ( see History )
Carla Yeager ‘s statistics as of class 850 [ 1 ] :
|Strength of Will||
|Love of Family||
- Eren Yeager – Eren was Carla’s only son, who she considered to be cute since he was a baby. She felt a deep love for him, seen when she told him not to join the Survey Corps because it is too dangerous. Knowing her son is too reckless for his own safety, she often took care of him with Mikasa’s help. Even when she was trapped under the debris of their house, Carla ordered Eren and Mikasa to run away and leave her behind so that they could escape from the Titans. She also told Hannes to take them and run, feeling relieved and thanked him when he accepted. She would be avenged by Eren, years later, when he indirectly killed the Titan that killed Carla. It was later revealed that future Eren diverted Dina’s Pure Titan away from Bertolt Hoover since it was not his time to die yet, causing the Titan to head towards his mother.
- Mikasa Ackerman – When Mikasa was first accepted into their home, Carla showed that she was comfortable with her company. The two often did household chores together such as washing dishes and bonded over this. Carla relied on Mikasa to keep an eye out for Eren, trusting her enough to pull him out of trouble. She also greatly cared and worried for Mikasa, despite her independence and strength. When Mikasa struggled to save her and when she was taken away, Carla painfully called out to her in her final moments, worried for her safety. Her death had a deep impact on Mikasa, who vowed to uphold the promise she made to her in protecting Eren.
- Grisha Yeager – After Keith introduced them, Carla was worried that her friend tried to recruit Grisha to the Survey Corps. She fell in love with Grisha after he was able to cure her and her parents of a life-threatening disease. Carla soon married Grisha and they lived together with their son Eren until Grisha’s departure and her death at the hands of a Titan. While Grisha did not entrust her with knowledge of the outside world and the two had their differences on raising their son, he did still seem to love her no less. This was shown in Eren’s memories of Grisha injecting him with the Titan serum and in confusion tells him that Carla’s death drove him insane.
- Keith Shadis – Carla knew Keith from his regular visits to the bar she worked in, becoming friends over time. However, she was often annoyed when Keith tried to convince customers to join the Survey Corps. Though it is hinted that Keith had strong feelings for her, she seemed to be always unaware of his thoughts. Still, Carla respected him and was worried about the dangers that he experienced in the Survey Corps. After one of the expeditions in which she had not heard from him, she awaited Keith to scold him for risking his life. Despite the fact that Keith responded rudely, she did not seem to be offended but only momentarily surprised, and continued talking to him kindly. After her death, Keith regretted his reaction and tried to prevent her son Eren from joining the military in order to save his life, though he ended up changing his mind since Eren’s wishes were too strong.
- Hannes – Carla, and Hannes were acquainted for some time prior to Shiganshina’s destruction. When it was breached Hannes initially tried to fight the Smiling Titan to save her but out of cowardice fled and took Eren and Mikasa with him, though Carla was thankful that Hannes took the kids to safety. Carla’s death and his cowardice to stop it haunted Hannes for the rest of his life, and was ironically killed by the same Titan 5 years later.