Jerry Siegel · Joe Shuster
|Flashpoint: Project Superman #1
- I heard you. You’re wrong. Everything matters.
- — Superman src
Subject One is Kal-El, an alien foundling captured by the u Government.
Reading: Kal-El (Flashpoint Timeline)
This section of the history takes place during Flashpoint, a massive crossover event set in an This section of the history takes home during, a massive crossing event set in an alternate timeline to the mainstream DCU. History was completely changed when Professor Zoom last found a way to erase his bane the Flash without harming his own bequest. In an effort to save his mother ‘s life from the Reverse-Flash, Barry Allen unwittingly changes reality, creating a newly universe in which his friends ‘ lives, Superman included, are drastically different. In this newfangled worldly concern, Kal-El ‘s rocket crashes immediately in Metropolis rather of Smallville, with the resulting shock causing respective deaths. [ 1 ] The government takes hands of Kal-El and initiates Project Superman, a military project with the sole aim of creating a supersoldier that could be used against America ‘s enemies. Kal is designated as topic One. In the cold and harsh environment of the project ‘s lab, Kal grows to become a lonely and identical thin boy who has difficulty getting close to people. Kal ‘s only sources of love and company are General Sam Lane, who loves him as the son he never had, and Krypto, who is designated as submit Two. Kal is then contacted by discipline Zero, the very first person inducted into Project Superman. Having obtained superpowers from the experiments, Zero talks to Kal in a book alone he can hear. Zero trains Kal in the use of his powers, including x-ray imagination, as three years pass. Kal witnesses as Lionel Luthor and his son Lex visit the undertaking lab. however, Zero unleashes Two on the Luthors, forcing the soldiers to kill him, much to Kal ‘s grief. however, Kal manages to reach Zero ‘s chamber and destroys the lock with his heat sight, unleashing Zero. As Zero wreaks havoc across the base, Kal returns to General Lane ‘s function, where he meets Lois, General Lane ‘s daughter. Kal and Lois, intrigued by each early, try to reach for the other ‘s hands when Zero comes in. Zero tries to kill Lois as revenge for the experiments her father conducted on him, but Kal defends her. Zero, thanking Kal for letting him miss, tries to kill them both, but General Lane appears with a harness that seals them both in the Phantom Zone. belated, General Nathaniel Adam takes over Project Superman, imposing a more nonindulgent schedule on Kal. Returning to his cell, Kal uses his hotness vision to draw a photograph of Lois in the glass. [ 2 ]
Read more : Scarlet Scarab Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
Kal would reach maturity in his time in Project Superman. The Flash, Batman and Cyborg planned to free Kal from his cell so that he could join them in their deputation to stop the war between the Amazons and the Atlanteans and return the timestream to convention. They manage to free Kal, exposing him to yellow sunlight. however, Kal, remembering Lois, flies away from the three heroes and goes to England. besides, Kal ‘s release from the project lab had besides destroyed the power source that kept Zero in the Phantom Zone, allowing Zero to break absolve. [ 3 ] As Kal reaches England, he finds that Lois is being attacked by the Amazons. He quickly saves her and tells her that they must go somewhere safe from subject Zero. Lois tells him she ca n’t leave, as she must stay and end the war. abruptly, Zero reaches England and attacks them. Kal and Zero battle, with Lois standing in the center. A group of Amazons sample to intervene, but Zero kills them. Lois tells Kal that he must escape from Zero, but Kal refuses, remembering that General Lane told them that they must protect people from monsters like Zero. Kal continues the battle with Zero, noticing that the department of energy Zero absorbed from his dead opponents is causing his body to overload. Taking advantage of this, Kal punches Zero in the torso and destroys him in a massive explosion. unfortunately, Lois is injured in the blast and Kal cradles her in his arms. Lois dies from her injuries, but not before telling Kal to save the people. Mourning her death, Kal decides to be a Superman. [ 4 ] In the final conflict of the Amazon-Atlantean war, Kal crushes the Enchantress, and then he fights Wonder Woman and Emperor Aquaman. however, the Flash manages to change world again, creating a new populace and allowing his friends to live their lives once again, but in a fresh direction. [ 5 ]
This section of the history takes place during Convergence, a massive crossover event revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains This department of the history takes place during, a massive crossover consequence revisiting characters from past eras and realities. The villains Brainiac and Telos plucked them from their own timeline and stored them together, causing them to cross over into each others ‘ reality. Its precise chronological placement and canonicity may be unclear. Kal is one of the many heroes that were in Gotham City when it was domed and taken to the Blood Moon by Brainiac. A class late, Telos opens the domes and pits each populace against one another. Kal is in attendance in Thomas Wayne ‘s decision to prepare for war. He disagrees with Captain Thunder ‘s insistence to strike first in order to win but is shut down by both him and Cyborg who insist that Kal does n’t know how deadly this fight can get. Kal discovers Lois Lane within the Pre-Flashpoint Gotham City and believes that his Lois Lane has returned and flies off to get her, briefly encountering another version of himself. He finds Lois who tries to explain that she is n’t the Lois from his world but he ignores her, declaring that he will save her. [ 6 ] When he discovered that Lois is meaning and in parturiency, Kal took her to the Batcave and requesting a perplex Thomas Wayne to help deliver the baby. But soon after, Kal was well defeated by his Pre-Flashpoint counterpart who came searching for his wife. [ 7 ]
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a “yellow” sun, Kal-El possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of Kal-El’s super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. His biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and his bio-cellular matrix, “yellow” solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Kal-El can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. He can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: Kal-El’s hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision: Kal-El’s vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Kal-El can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. He can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, he can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows him to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Kal-Els can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. He can focus this ability to “peel back” layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Kal-El can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Kal-El is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of his dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, Kal-El is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, his extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Enhanced Immunity
- Superhuman Stamina: Kal-El is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on his body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Kal-El’s strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature. His strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables him to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: Kal-El is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to his perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Super-Breath: Kal-El is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from his lungs. He can chill the air as it leaves his lungs to freeze targets. He can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into his lungs.
- Longevity: Kal-El can live longer than regular humans, remaining at his prime as long as he was under the exposure of the “yellow” sun.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a “yellow” sun, Kal-El possesses the same potential weaknesses as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Vulnerability to Kryptonite
- Vulnerability to Magic
| Superman Family member
This character is or was an embodiment of or an ally of Superman, and a member of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the “ Superman Family members “ category .