These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fullmetal Alchemist fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the tilt, but remember to use the template found here. ad : You can besides add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though ; that goes in the discussion page. open/close all folders Authors and Websites
- Recommended by: RoamingShadow
- Comments: Excellent writing and characterization. The author also writes for the Harry Potter and Cardcaptor Sakura fandoms but is currently writing for Fullmetal Alchemist. The author also has two or three FMA/HP crossovers. In between fic updates, the author whips out some of the best-written one-shots.
Add Review Anything by S.N. Rainsworth Anything by xIcyChanx
- Recommended by: ceriseapple
- Comments: If you’re searching for well-written Fem!Ed x Roy fanfiction, but don’t know where to look, then search no more. This author practically specializes in writing about the two of them, and a majority of her fics have ranged from heartbreaking to hilariously adorable. She’s also written a bit about EdWin and normal RoyEd, so if you like any of these pairings, her fanfics won’t fail to disappoint! (Warning: Several of her fics are rated M.)
Add Review Anything by Laetans
- Recommended by: MEWtiful
- Comments: The writer has written eight stories for Fullmetal Alchemist: some Warm and Fuzzy, some bitterly sad. (To this day, February Thirteenth is the only fanfiction I have ever read that has managed to make me cry.) Whatever the case, you know that the characters’ relationships are going to be explored beautifully. Heck, if it’s a long story there may even be development, an accomplishment that is the holy grail of a media swimming with OOC stories. There is sex, but none of the stories are Lemon Fic; this does give them an “M” rating.
- NOTE: For reasons unknown, all of Laetans’ FMA stories are gone. Wither the author pulled them down his/herself, or… Which is a pity; this troper enjoyed those stories.
Add Review Anything by Sevlow
Read more : Studio Ghibli Exhibit in LA | Talon Marks
- Recommended by: OracleSeven
- Comments: Excellent writing and characterization. There’s great detail on the relationship between Roy and Ed in almost every fic. A lot of it is both dark and/or rated M, however.
Add Review Anything by BeautifulFiction
- Recommended by: Wolfgirl44
- Comments: As a general warning, this author writes mostly Roy/Ed, so if you can’t stand that kind of stuff you may want to give this one a pass. If you CAN stand it, give it a look. The writing style is wonderful, especially with descriptions. Special mention goes to the author’s current project, The Saffron Soul. I could go on for hours about how wonderful this story is, how interesting the plot is, how vivid the pictures it paints are, how each chapter has me on the edge of my seat… it’s just awesome. Really.
Add Review Anything by Moonlit Water Sunny River
- Recommended by: Hawking
- Comments: Warning: Not for the faint of heart. This author writes some of the most heart-wrenchingly depressing stuff out there, and most of it is Ed/Envy – but realistic. Which mostly ends up just about as badly as you’d expect. Of special note is their pairing-less AU Hero of the People, in which Envy and Wrath are the Elric brothers.
Add Review Anything by metisket
- Recommended by: Yabumi, Dame-Amaryllis
- Comments: Her Demon Alchemist series (aka the crazy!Ed verse) is already recced below. Other works tend to be more humorous, and even that much Darker and Edgier take on the series is pretty funny. Tends to write post-canon and canon pairings, with one series solely populated by absurd ships (and RoyEd). Themes common to all stories: Roy and his subordinates’ ultimate goal is to take over the world; causing explosions is the Elric way; Ed and Winry (whether as a pairing or friends) can communicate through pointed staring, a superpower they abuse to bicker in public.
3 Reviews Anything by Gamma Cavy
- Recommended by: Tiamat
- Comments: Her Even the Wizards universe, (A Harry Potter/Brotherhood&manga crossover) is to die for. Everyone is in character, very much themselves, and taking no nonsense, and this troper often finds herself hearing the voices of Greed, Ling, Ed, Mustang, and Armstrong when she reads the sections with them. Cavy has a positive knack for the attitudes, and refreshingly unique ideas, adding such gems as the talking Gate (it makes sense in context) or Ling’s side-splitting idea of a distraction.
Add Review General Fics Shipping Fics ad :