|Grandmaster’s Character Hub For alternate versions of Grandmaster, see|
|“Spoiler alert.”WARNING! This article contains MAJOR SPOILERS for Thor: Love and Thunder. Keep reading this article at your own risk.|
En Dwi Gast
Reading: Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki
Grandmaster [ 1 ]
The Original [ 1 ]
The Creator of [ 1 ]
Father of the [ 1 ]
First Lost [ 1 ]
First Found [ 1 ]
Lunatic [ 1 ]
The OriginalThe Creator of Sakaar Father of the Contest of Champions First LostFirst FoundLunatic
Avengers: Infinity War ( mentioned )
Thor: Love and Thunder ( deleted scene )
Avengers: Endgame Prelude ( mentioned )
- “My name is Grandmaster. I preside over a little harlequinade called the Contest of Champions. People come from far and wide to unwillingly participate in it, and you, my friend, might just be part of the new cast!”
En Dwi Gast is the ruler of Sakaar who has a fascination with gambling and enjoys manipulating lesser life-forms. Becoming stranded on the planet, he fashioned himself into the aureate Grandmaster, establishing a dictatorship over its citizens and keeping them distracted with a series of battles among some of his strongest slaves, called the Contest of Champions. When Grandmaster took Thor as his new rival, he was soon horrified to learn that Thor already knew his current champion, Hulk. As Grandmaster feared, Thor soon escaped Sakaar with Hulk, resulting in a fresh resurrect which resulted in him losing his position over the people of Sakaar .
fascination with Champions
En Dwi Gast was born shortly after the begin of the universe alongside his brother, Taneleer Tivan. While his brother became obsessed with collecting objects of all kinds, En Dwi Gast became obsessed with manipulating life-forms into fighting each other about to death. [ 2 ]
Ruling over Sakaar
- “He is the original, the first lost and found. The creator of Sakaar and father of the Contest of Champions.”
- ―Hologram Informant
One day, Grandmaster became the rule of the satellite Sakaar. On the planet, he became a tyrant towards his people, but they loved him entirely because of the Contest of Champions, a gladiatorial consequence held in the sphere. Grandmaster took under his wing one of the Valkyries after the massacre of the Valkyrie by Hela. Scrapper 142 became not only the servant of Grandmaster but besides his bodyguard alongside Topaz. [ 1 ] Amongst those Grandmaster imprisoned for his Contest of Champions included Beta Ray Bill, Ares, Bi-Beast, Dark-Crawler, Man-Thing, [ 3 ] Korg, Miek, Biff, Hajo, Roscoe, Tasba, and Doug. In 2015, Hulk arrived on Sakaar. Hulk later became the new champion in the contest, and since, he became truly beloved although he became a prisoner. [ 1 ]
- “What have you brought me today? Tell me.”
- ―Grandmaster and Valkyrie
Following Odin ‘s passing in Norway, which resulted in the liberation of his firstborn Hela from Hel and the destruction of Mjølnir in her hands, Loki asks Volstagg to transport them spinal column to Asgard. however, Hela kicks Loki and Thor out of the Bifrost Bridge, causing them to crash state on Sakaar. Because time flows differently in Sakaar, Loki arrives two weeks before Thor, even though less than a day has passed for Thor .
Loki managed to win Grandmaster ‘s prefer over clock time, becoming his new ally. When Scrapper 142 discovered Thor, he was taken through a burrow before being jolted from seeing Grandmaster and Topaz. Grandmaster asked Scrapper 142 if he was any kind of a combatant, prompting thor to demand his turn as he stated that he is not for sale. however, Grandmaster proceeded on taking Thor for ten-spot million units and was pecked on the cheek .
Looking for any abilities, Grandmaster wanted to ask Thor who he was, only to see him ripped off his handcuffs once again and proclaimed to be the God of Thunder, which Grandmaster only proclaim to observe entirely sparkles. Grandmaster then took Thor to meet his cousin Carlo, who attempted to make his elude from Sakaar only to be captured. momentarily making Carlo urgently begged for his life, Grandmaster pardoned him, entirely to reveal that pardoned him from life, using the Melt Stick to kill him .
While have n’t by rights introduced himself and explained the Contest of Champions, Grandmaster threw a party as a DJ, where Thor noticed Loki was there alive from their former brush. Grandmaster asked why Loki was whispering to Thor, and told them that time worked differently around Sakaar, being millions of years old. Loki then insisted that he had never met thor before he added that they ‘re brothers. however, Loki clarified that he was adopted.
Read more : Thor: Tình yêu và sấm sét – Wikipedia tiếng Việt
Questioning if he was any kind of a combatant, Grandmaster was threatened by Thor for his own freedom, alone to mock him for his powers. Making a deal, Grandmaster told Thor that the only means he could have his freedom is if he defeated the Contest of Champions ‘ ultimate supporter, which Thor was confident he could do, before being taken away to his cellular telephone where the gladiators have fought and rested in. [ 1 ]
Hulk vs. Thor
- “It’s main event time. Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I’ll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you… Lord of Thunder. Watch out for his fingers. They make sparks.”
While the audience continued cheering at the stadium, Grandmaster introduced Thor as the Lord of Thunder while his champion prepared to arrive. As he built up his capture, Grandmaster had finally introduced his companion champion was none other than Hulk, whom Thor had n’t seen since Battle of Sokovia .
As Loki watched from above, he happily awaited the arrival of the ace : however, it had turned out that the supporter was Hulk. To his shock and horror, he had attempted to leave Sakaar, only for Grandmaster to stop him as he insisted that Loki quell and watch the fight with him. once Thor noticed Hulk was revealed as the supporter, Grandmaster was told of his close ties with him. Grandmaster watched as Thor and Hulk furiously battled each other .
When Thor had managed to land a heavy boast against Hulk, he attempted to use Black Widow ‘s lullaby to calm him down, only for Hulk to smash Thor into the ground, much to Loki ‘s joy. Grandmaster kept on watching as Thor and Hulk continued fighting, until Thor unexpectedly gained a sudden billow of his baron, allowing his entire body to be engulfed with lightning as he struck Hulk and damaged his Sakaaran Battle Armor .
Unwilling to watch his beloved Champion defeated, however, Grandmaster activated Thor ‘s Obedience Disk, which then caused him to fall down to the floor, allowing Hulk to last win the duel, much to his aberrant design for him. After the sphere fight, Thor continued to be held captive by the Grandmaster, sharing the same room with Hulk. Soon, he heard the news of Thor ‘s escape, believing that he captured his beloved supporter. [ 1 ]
- “You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now, I’ll settle for this sweet little “who’s gonna get him first?” So, you’re on the clock!”
- ―Grandmaster to Loki and Valkyrie
Announcing the newsworthiness, Grandmaster ordered his people to celebrate his champion in orderliness for him to get him spinal column. Becoming angry about their escape and demanded that they be found, Grandmaster ordered Scrapper 142 and Loki to find Thor and Hulk, but the pair come to blows and Loki forces her to relive the deaths of her companion Valkyrie at the hands of Hela ; she decides to help Thor, taking Loki captive to prove her good will .
Unbeknownst of him, a certain group then liberated the other gladiators who, led by Korg and Miek, staged a disgust. Discovering the news program of a revolution, Grandmaster questioned Topaz of how something of this scale could happen, notified that the Obedience Disks have been deactivated. Grandmaster ordered the troops before the group had the find of escaping. [ 1 ]
revolution in Sakaar
- “I’m proud of you all, this revolution has been a huge success. Yay us! Pat, pat on the back. Pat on the back. Come on. No? Me, too. ‘Cause I’ve been a big part of it. Can’t have a revolution without somebody to overthrow! So, ah, you’re welcome.”
Using a holographic projection, Grandmaster announced that the Lord of Thunder has escaped and ordered the people and his bodyguards to not let him leave the planet. thor used the Commodore to head to the Devil ‘s Anus. Topaz and the Grandmaster ‘s bodyguards chase him, Bruce Banner, and Valkyrie as they manage to avoid Grandmaster ‘s guards and get off from Sakaar. Loki is soon found by the gladiators. [ 1 ] After the great rebellion, Grandmaster is ultimately defeated by the people, and he confronts his subjects, who are still fighting the revolution started by the gladiators. Trying to set the record straight, Grandmaster claimed that the rotation was a connect, noting that he was an integral separate of their originate since without him, they would have nothing to rebel against. [ 4 ]
- “He’s a lunatic, but he can be amenable.”
- ―Loki to Thor
Grandmaster is identical character, described as a hedonist, a pleasure-seeker, an enjoyer of biography, as seen when Valkyrie tells that one of his ships is a pleasure vehicle for orgies. additionally, Grandmaster besides enjoys dance, being a very skilled dancer.
Grandmaster is besides a charming individual, knowing how to act sedate and about laid-back during dangerous and intense situations, such as when he was surrounded by several scavengers without any protection and tried to trick them into standing down by calling their attempt a “ draw ”. He makes indisputable to give respect and reward to those who please him and work for him, as seen by the extravagant live quarters given to his champion, Hulk. Despite his friendly demeanor, he is besides a pitiless tyrant, capturing and normally executing anyone who breaks his rules or tries escaping him, as seen when he executed his cousin, Carlo for committing high treason and attempting to escape. This is slightly contrasted by his even-temper and sense of rationale, demonstrated when he declared merely interrupting him was not enough rationality to justify ordering an execution. He did not like oppressive words, like “ slave ”, as it actually made him feel bad for how he treated his prisoners. Another aspect of his personality is that the Grandmaster is person who cheats in games, so that only that ace wins and no one else had to venture to hate his champion ; as demonstrated when, during the Duel in the Grand Arena, the Grandmaster activated the Obedience Disk on Thor to make indisputable that Hulk did not lose, once he discovered that Thor ‘s powers could have defeated his beloved ace .
Powers and Abilities
- “Time works real different around these parts. On any other world, I would be millions of years old. But here on Sakaar…”
- Immortality: Grandmaster has an extraordinarily long lifespan, stating himself to be millions of years old.
- Telepathy: Grandmaster has the ability to read people’s minds.
- Master Tactician: Grandmaster was able to build Sakaar up from the ground in popularity with his Contest of Champions. His game gained many followers and popularity on the planet.
- “This is my Melting Stick. Yeah, if people displease me, I can melt them.”
- Melt Stick: The Melt Stick is Grandmaster’s weapon of choice, using it to melt those who displease him like Carlo. Despite taking great pleasure in using the Melt Stick, Grandmaster insisted that it only be used for capital offenses, refusing to execute Loki for merely interrupting him during their exchange despite Topaz offering him the weapon.
- Obedience Disk: Grandmaster had used the Obedience disks to force all of his own gladiators to participate during the Contest of Champions, using the Disk to disable Thor to ensure Hulk would be victorious.
- “Grandmaster uses it for his good times, orgies and stuff.”
“Did she just say the Grandmaster uses it for orgies?”
“Yeah. Don’t touch anything.”
- ―Valkyrie, Bruce Banner, and Thor
- Commodore: Grandmaster mainly used this ship for parties and orgies.
- Statesman: Grandmaster formerly owned the Statesman, a massive spaceship, that was later used by Loki and the Sakaaran Rebellion to escape Sakaar.
- Grandmaster Palace: The Grandmaster used to reside in his palace before his former subjects ousted him in rebellion.
- Grand Arena: The Grandmaster created a massive, elaborate arena to host the Contest of Champions as a mean to entertain himself and his subjects.