| SPOILER warn
This article contains HEAVY SPOILERS for the My Hero Academia manga. Please read at your own risk.
Reading: Keigo Takami
I ‘m Hawks. The man who ‘s a bit besides fast. A society where heroes can enjoy a short boredom … I ‘ll make it happen, I promise, at my hallmark top amphetamine .Keigo Takami in “The Todoroki Family”
- Keigo Takami
- Biographical Information
- Personal Description
- First Appearance
- Battles & Events
- chapter Appearances
- Anime Appearances
- Site Navigation
鷹 (たか) 見 (み) 啓 (けい) 悟 (ご)
Wingu Hīrō Hōkusu ? ) [ 1 ]
Wing Hero: Hawks (ウィングヒーロー ホークス,
22 (First appearance)
[ 2 ]
Fukuoka [ 2 ]
Tomie Takami (Mother)
Hero Public Safety Commission ( once )
Paranormal Liberation Front (Spy, Formerly)
Ranged + support combat
Episode 66 (Silhouette)
Episode 87 (Full appearance)
image Gallery Keigo Takami Images Keigo Takami ( 鷹 ( たか ) 見 ( み ) 啓 ( けい ) 悟 ( ご ), Takami Keigo ? ), [ 2 ] [ 3 ] besides known as Wing Hero: Hawks ( ウィングヒーロー ホークス, Wingu Hīrō Hōkusu ? ), is the erstwhile No. 3 and current No. 2 Pro Hero. [ 1 ]
Keigo is a man of average height with a reduce and narrow build up. He himself has pointed out that his back muscles are not across-the-board adequate. He has feathery, ash blond hair, swept messily backward, with some of the front tufts sticking up in arcs above his head, notably midst eyelashes, and some faint chaff on his chin. His eyes are golden-brown and preferably triangular, with two little black triangles merely below his tear ducts, making his eyes reasonably resemble those of a shuttlecock. The marks around his eyes are natural since he already had them as a child. His quirk grants him a place of large undimmed crimson wings with feathers that gradually lengthen the far down they go. He wears a black shirt with a wavy fortunate blueprint like a ripple in a pond, over which he has a tangent jacket with a high collar, the insides and cuffs of the sleeves lined with white fur, and black gloves. He has a crimson square-shaped lobe pierce in each ear, although these are rarely visible as he normally wears a pair of jaundiced headphones over them. His headphones most probable have protection purposes, since the velocities in which he moves are adequate to of damaging eardrum beyond compensate. A round, yellow-tinted bill protects his eyes ( blue-tinted in the manga ), presumably from UV radiotherapy above the defile and crap particles at senior high school accelerate. [ 4 ] His jacket is particularly modified, with two large slits over his shoulder blades to accommodate his wings. [ 5 ] His costume resembles an aviator ‘s undifferentiated. After the Paranormal Liberation War, and following several injuries given by Dabi, Keigo momentarily wore a gasmask dissemble device and communicated with a spokesperson simulator through his earphone due to his vocal cords being injured and his wings burned off. [ 6 ] As of the Tartarus Escapees Arc, he ‘s recovered from his wounds, a well as his vocal chords, but his wings are yet to be fully restored. His haircloth is besides cut much shorter. By the fourth dimension of the Final War Arc, Keigo now wears prosthetics on his wings, so that he can try and reach his previous high speeds, as Recovery Girl ‘s Heal Quirk was unable to by rights restore them. [ 7 ] He besides has two katana, which he uses in place of his since-burnt feather blades. [ 8 ]
Hawks ‘ appearance in the manga .
Keigo is shown to be highly intelligent, both emotionally and logistically. He promotes a carefree and gay attitude, while his constant watchfulness often hides under layers of peace and composure. Keigo acts laid-back while being on constant alarm, seeming to look quite uncivil at times .
Keigo follows the orders of the Hero Public Safety Commission without hesitation, but with subliminal cynicism. Nevertheless, Keigo dislikes formalities, often acting erratically while being cocky and taunting. He acts casual and facetiously slavish since he does not care about social status or recognition. Keigo uses a lot of sarcasm such as when he agrees serenely when Katsuki Bakugo claims to have been faster, and he reacts with ironic adaptation when person claims him to be lesser. [ 9 ] Keigo believes that democratic approval is the most crucial metric unit a pro Hero should be judged for since it is the job of a hero to put the citizens at ease – something that he claims he ‘s ineffective to do. Keigo shows a preference for the lower hero ranks as it would allow him more freedom and avoid the burdens of being a top bomber. He states his wish is to patrol in a unblock, easy fashion and “ take it easy. ” [ 10 ] however, Keigo is said to be ferocious in regards to his Pro Hero duties, understanding the importance of a drawing card calculate among all heroes after All Might ‘s retirement. When around others he likes, Keigo is very expansive and can have a prolong nonreversible conversation casually while helping dozens of civilians simultaneously in his area of influence. He besides claims that he will always strive for what he longs for. Ironically, despite his bird-like Quirk, he seems to have a special wish for bird-based meals ; making him a bird of prey. Keigo ‘s crafty has been shown multiple times as he outsmarts his surveillance monitors, vitamin a well as planning his actions ahead in order to have explanations for the Hood -incident. He is intellectual and more far-sighted than other Pro Heroes, allowing him the best chances to go clandestine. He ‘s besides demonstrated his intelligence through his fact-finding shape, being quickly able to deduce the truth behind One For All, and its joining to All Might and Izuku Midoriya. He is then able to use his analytic skills to try and better understand One For All and All For One, being the one to theorize All For One could never steal the Quirk because he lacks any illusion of hatred required to take it .
He appears relaxed in situations of capital imperativeness, such was the encase during the japanese Hero Billboard Chart. Keigo ‘s gestures are alert, expressive, and highly personalize, as he always wants to get his voice across. He claims to be “ bad at keeping it in, ” even though he possesses accomplished control over his facial expressions and body linguistic process, which makes him an highly skilled liar. But obviously, he adores the truth, finding lying to be besides much work. These traits allowed him to easily work his way into the Paranormal Liberation Front, and the little change of motivation expertly conveyed to Endeavor the information about the Front ‘s aims and change of leadership. While Keigo seems uninterested in most things, he has a effective affection as he saves every single witness from Hood ‘s approach and is mutely disgusted at the strain of maintaining his duty-act as a double agent amidst a conspire of villains and terrorists. He besides feels guilty about Endeavor ‘s scar, having coaxed the High-End assail into a hold area to reduce casualties. [ 5 ] While he seems loosen and under-challenged as distinctive of most prodigies, he is in fact hard-working and under constant coerce with his champion career. It is proclaimed that he trained endlessly to maximize the techniques in which he uses his wings, refining his rescue, support, and battle abilities.
Read more : This Kind of Museum… – Ghibli Museum, Mitaka
In his childhood, his founder, Takami, would force him to stay locked up in the house to ensure no one could discover and capture him, and he was ineffective to interact with the external global or anyone his old age. Because of this, he initially believed that the heroes he saw on television receiver were just fictional characters. furthermore, he was subjected to constant forcible and emotional abuse by his father. Keigo would be kicked just for turning his binding to his forefather, who would constantly say how it would ‘ve been better if Keigo was never born. Seeing how fail both of his parents were, Keigo held in his emotions and became determined not to endure the like destiny. even in his youth, Keigo showed noteworthy inner force and news, as despite the emotional anguish caused by both parents, he was calm firm in his resoluteness to be a good hero like Endeavor. Keigo displayed his ingenuity and potency when he and his mother were forced out onto the streets, and after being tormented by his beget when asking why she evening had Keigo or what good his wings were, he became determined to be utilitarian, saving the lives of many people in a high-speed incident, garnering the attention of the Hero Public Safety Commission and saving both him and his mother from their biography of poverty. Despite his disruptive past and him being taken in by a corrupt government, who saw him as a surrogate for Lady Nagant, Hawks was determined to strive and become a champion like his idol, Endeavor, through the years as he was trained by the HPSC to become an clandestine double agent for the base hit of club. By the meter his discipline was arrant, he calm retained his optimism, unlike his superscript. He besides continued to look up to his paragon after Dabi ‘s public recording, exposing the abuse he caused to his syndicate, supporting him and even going so far as to expose his own past for Endeavor ‘s sake, believing that unlike his own father, Endeavor has in truth changed for the better. Keigo ‘s affirmative side is what leads him to most frequently want to find the good in others, potentially due to his own personal guilt over never rightfully forgiving his mother, something he commends Shoto over after learning of his reconciliation with his mother. Alongside both his faith in Endeavor and seeing his emergence, and Lady Nagant, who even after her turn to the night side he calm believes there remains the heart of a hero in her, the biggest exemplar of this is Twice, who even clandestine manages to develop a actual adhere of friendship with, possessing a desire to want to help the villain rehabilitate, even if the plan ultimately fails .
Overall Abilities : Keigo was ranked 3rd of Japan ‘s Pro Heroes, before taking the spot of No. 2 after All Might ‘s retirement. When he was eighteen years honest-to-god, Keigo became one of the circus tent 10 Pro Heroes before taking No. 3 point in the four years that followed, making him the youngest top Pro Hero vitamin a well as the fastest to reach such a high rank in Japan. Fast and cunning, Keigo possesses incredible skill and delicacy over his Quirk, Fierce Wings, which he primarily uses for flight, high-speed battle, and supporting his allies ‘ mobility using detach feathers. even as a child, Keigo demonstrated noteworthy skill and art, being able to singlehandedly save multiple people in a huge car accident with the automobiles going at 130 kilometers per hour. In malice of his art, Keigo is mindful of his Quirk ’ mho weakness and will not exhaust his quills unless absolutely necessary. To compensate for his Quirk being ineffective to enhance his overall beastly intensity, Keigo employs his plumes as bladed weapons. Combined with his celerity, Keigo can quickly slice through enemies [ 11 ] or fire off smaller plumages from his wings like daggers. [ 10 ] His overall Quirk proficiency allowed Keigo to become both a top Pro Hero and one of the swiftest fighters in the worldly concern. In fact, Keigo subdues common criminals therefore cursorily his subordinates only serve as clean-up, while Keigo moves on to his adjacent target. [ 12 ] Without looking, Keigo utilized his feathers to save citizens and animals, equally well as collar villains, all while holding a walking conversation with Endeavor. When Hood, appeared and engaged Endeavor, Keigo was able to effectively evacuate 76 citizens from the collapsing skyscraper before proceeding to aid the Flame Hero against the High-End Nomu. These feats display Keigo ‘s potency at multi-tasking and awareness of his surroundings. Keigo ‘s main strength however happens to be his extraordinary focal ratio, which enabled him to keep tempo with the Hood, who completely outpaced Endeavor, a combatant with high reflexes. Come winter, Hawks travelled from the clear of a skyscraper and apprehended two villains at such a high amphetamine, Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo could n’t follow his movements. Keen Intellect: Keigo has repeatedly shown to be a highly clever individual. even if he can not compete with Endeavor and/or All Might in terms of natural power, Keigo ‘s mind is extremely formidable, enhancing his measure as a hero to the grade of the two high-grade crime fighters. Keigo is observant, collected, and quick-thinking in his verbal confrontations with Dabi and Endeavor. Keigo controlled a large number of feathers simultaneously without looking, while performing a apparently slack conversation, making it appear that Keigo is forgetful to the conflicts around him. [ 10 ] During a sit-down with Endeavor, Keigo postulated that All For One was hiding more Nomus outside of Kamino than the ones that were found at the Nomu factory by the Hideout Raid Team, concluding that the League of Villains were searching for the concealed set up of Nomus. Later on, during the attack by the High-End Nomu, Hood, Keigo took proper safety precautions whilst vacating the citizens housed inside of the crumbling construction. Knowing he would n’t be able to secure everyone with the minimal plumes he had left, the Wing Hero shifted his concenter to those trapped within the damaged parcel of the structure, which proved a success. When Endeavor had Keigo use his remaining quills to impel him promote into the flip, Keigo realized that it was separate of Endeavor ‘s plan to avoid collateral price. After Endeavor defeated Twice ‘s League of Villains Doubles, Keigo examined the demolished convoy, identified the container being a life accompaniment device, and assumed it was housing another Nomu creature, only to immediately redact his assumption, believing the containment unit was meant to hold something else. His presumption was compensate as the life corroborate pod was created for the villain Nine. Over the course of the adjacent workweek, Keigo was informed that four Pro Heroes had lost their Quirks during that time, and accurately conjectured that victims ‘ powers were stolen by person with the like Quirk-stealing ability as All For One, and the victims were targeted ascribable to their Quirks being useful. The feather warrior was tied capable of gathering diverse sensible information about the politics within the HPSC, without their cognition. [ 5 ] Keigo even tricked the surveillance of the Paranormal Liberation Front, while still maintaining his façade. [ 13 ]
Fierce Wings ( 剛 ( ごう ) 翼 ( よく ), Gōyoku ? ) : Keigo ‘s Quirk grants him a copulate of big, bright crimson, featherlike wings on his back. These wings allow him to fly, and he can telekinetically control the apparent motion and nature of each person feather with still, enabling him to harden them into a blade-like submit and/or shoot them as projectiles, arsenic well as control their speed and trajectory. The feathers are well potent ; with just a individual feather he is adequate to of carrying a medium-sized object, such as a rock or a human being, deoxyadenosine monophosphate well as use multiple feathers to carry larger objects. [ 10 ] With his many feathers, he is easily able to carry multiple loads at once. He can besides feel the vibrations in the publicize through them in a manner like to echolocation, allowing him to sense people ‘s locations. [ 14 ] [ 15 ] As Keigo sheds more feathers, his wings gradually shrink, impairing his ability to fly. [ 11 ] When he loses all his feathers, it takes at least two days for them to grow center back, which can be a considerable drawback. His feathers are not of space quantity and prove to be lacking in abundance during certain occasions. Keigo has mentioned that he does not have enough feathers to hold up a collapsing construction, but does have enough to evacuate the victims from said build. away from the restrict feather measure, the biggest weakness of Fierce Wings is fuel, as it can burn Keigo ‘s feathers, hard impairing his mobility. [ 16 ]
- Feather Blades: Keigo plucks out two long feathers from each of his wings, manipulates their nature, and uses them as swords to cut through his target. They are sharp enough to slice through two white Nomu summoned by High-End. It is also shown that he threatens Dabi with a single feather blade after the attack.
- Enhanced Sight: Keigo has a very acute sense of sight. From the top of a skyscraper, Keigo was able to spot Endeavor between hundreds of citizens, which implies he has incredibly sharp vision.
- Enhanced Speed: By his own admission, Keigo’s strong side isn’t muscle strength but his extraordinary speed. He was able to reach Endeavor’s attackers from the top of a skyscraper, in the blink of an eye and he did not even seem like he was trying, which implies that he can go much faster. Keigo solves most fights so rapidly that his sidekicks can’t keep up with him so he usually just leaves the aftermaths of his battles to them, while he rushes to the next case.
- Vocal Espionage: Keigo is able to use one of his feathers to distinguish sounds from the minute it changes in the air, allowing him to decode conversations and vocal information from sensing the vibrations. Especially after leaving the room or increasing the distance, this technique makes him a dangerous spy.
- Soundwave Vibration-Enhanced Flight Feather Blade 音 ( おん ) 波 ( ぱ ) 振 ( しん ) 動 ( どう ) 付 ( ふ ) 与 ( よ ) 風切太刀 ( カゼキリノタチ ), Onpa Shindō Fuyo Kazekirinotachi ?Kyoka Jiro’s Legato, Keigo flies around and hits his opponent with a blade. First used against All For One, it had enough power to break his reinforced life support helmet.
Keigo’s stats, according to the Ultra Analysis Book
Katana : Keigo possesses a katana, which is a surrogate for his since-burnt feather blades. He uses the katana to attack in a similar room to the feather blades. [ 8 ] Keigo originally had 2, before one was destroyed whilst attacking All For One. [ 18 ]
Battles & Events
- Hawks’ given name is composed of the kanji for “disclose, open, say” 啓, kei ? 悟, go ? 鷹, taka ? 見
Read more : Studio Ghibli Exhibit in LA | Talon Marks
, myocardial infarction ?
- Keigo’s design is inspired by Takahiro, a character from Oumagadoki Zoo, one of Kohei Horikoshi’s previous works.
- Keigo himself was originally supposed to be Takahiro, as a transplanted character from Omagadoki Zoo akin to Uwabami and Kugo Sakamata, but that plan was discarded in favor of a new design.
- Takahiro in his original design would later make a cameo appearance in My Hero Academia: Two Heroes.
- Keigo’s wings and overall appearance is similar to Angel/Archangel of the X-Men.
- Keigo didn’t attend a Heroics course in high school; instead, he was scouted for private Hero education when he was a child.
- Keigo is the first Pro Hero explicitly stated to have not attended U.A. High School, currently making him the highest-ranking hero to not attend U.A. High.
- During an interview with Honyasan App, My Hero Academia’s then current editor, Yoritomi, confessed that Hawks’ backstory is based off Lionel Messi’s childhood. He told the interviewer, “You might be familiar with the overseas soccer player Lionel Messi, but his backstory is that at a young age he was scouted by Barcelona and joined. His father had lost his job and couldn’t afford the hormone medical treatment Messi needed for his illness, but thanks to his talent for soccer FC Barcelona agreed to cover the medical expenses for them. In exchange for receiving that money, Messi had to agree to live in Spain and only play soccer from a very young age. During the World Cup I told that story to Mr. Horikoshi. The next week, or maybe the week after that, Hawks’ story was born.”
- Keigo holds the record for the youngest Pro Hero, as well as the fastest for a Pro Hero to become one of the top 10 Pro Heroes on the Hero Billboard Chart JP.
- Although Keigo is bird-like, his favorite food is chicken.
- Keigo’s ratings in the Popularity Polls are as follow:
- Ranked 4th in the fourth Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 11th in the fifth Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 7th in the sixth Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 5th in the seventh Popularity Poll.
- Keigo’s English voice actor, Zeno Robinson, also voices Deidoro Sakaki.
- He ranks 2nd in both the overall Hero rankings and in the Hero popularity rankings.
- (To Endeavor) “I just wanna enjoy myself. Seriously. Do some leisurely patrolling, put in a few appearances, say “Aw shucks, no trouble today,” and get a good night’s sleep! That’s my ideal life! I wanna make this world one where heroes have time to kill.”
- (To the HPSC) “If dirtying my hands can somehow bring everyone peace of mind, I’ll gladly take on this task.”
- (To Fumikage Tokoyami) “I’m not especially interested in nurturing the next generation or anything, but… It’s great that you’re putting in effort to cover your weak points, like short-distance combat, but you shouldn’t neglect improving on your strong points either. You’re capable of moving much more freely. Look… take it from a fellow bird. If you’ve got wings, you should stretch them out and fly. There’s no need for you to be confined to the ground.”
- (To Twice) “I’ll help you get back on your feet… You were dealt a bad hand, but you can atone for your deeds and start over. Because you’re a good person.”
- (To Best Jeanist) “When a person’s backed into a corner or when they’re truly free… that’s when they show their true nature. That’s why I think Bubaigawara was a decent guy… who was just desperate to be help and I feel… the same way.”