Using the Zoom/Panopto (Media Library) Integration
Yale implemented an integration between Zoom and Panopto ( referred to as Media Library in Canvas ). This consolidation will allow sessions scheduled through Zoom in Canvas, and recorded to the Zoom swarm, to be mechanically imported in to the Media Library section of the Canvas run locate. This template will cover the steps needed to ensure recordings are placed appropriately in your Media Library, or check out our Zoom Cloud Recordings : Accessing / Downloading / Sharing via Media Library article for more details.
Schedule your Zoom session in Canvas
To have your Zoom sessions recordings automatically imported in to your class Media Library, first schedule your rapid climb seance through the Zoom joyride in Canvas by selecting “ Schedule a New Meeting ”. If you need to enable Zoom in your Canvas course, you can find a guide here
Record your session to the Zoom cloud
Zoom sessions can be set to mechanically be recorded when you are scheduling the meet, or have the record manually started while in the seance. To have your suffer automatically be recorded to be sent to your Media Library, choose “ Record the merging automatically ” in your meet settings and ensure “ in the swarm ” is selected. besides, be sure to disable “ join before host ” to prevent recording students who join the merging before the server arrives .
To manually begin your session recording, blue-ribbon “ record ” once in your seance and then select “ record to the cloud ” .
Confirm your recording has been imported to your Media Library
once your read has finished, it will be processed in Zoom ’ s cloud. Once it has finished processing on Zoom ’ s cloud it will be imported in to your Media Library in your Canvas course. Because the length of this action is determined by the duration of your record and the march time for both Zoom and Panopto, there may be a delay of up to a few hours between your recording ending and it being available in your Media Library. Once it has been imported you will see your school term in your Media Library section of your Canvas course. The recording list will be the name given to your Zoom session when it was scheduled and some extra details about the meet record will be given in the video description .
How to manually record your Zoom Session and upload it to Canvas (HIPAA Users Only)
Because HIPAA requirements do not allow for cloud recording in Zoom, this action is unavailable to those with Zoom HIPAA accounts. If you have a Zoom HIPAA explanation, you can recording your sessions locally and upload to the Media Library. You can besides review our Zoom Local Recordings : Accessing / Sharing via Media Library article for a more detailed place of instructions .
- In a Zoom session, select “Recording” on the controls bar and then click “Record to my Computer.”
- After your session ends, Zoom will process the recording and save it in your documents folder under Zoom (both PC and Mac). If you record to the cloud, you will get an email notification and a download link.
- In your Canvas course, select “Media Library” from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select the blue “Create” button and then click “Upload Media.”
- You can drag and drop your Zoom file into the window that appears.
- After the recording uploads, you will see a green check mark appear and you can close the upload window. and
- The recording will then complete a processing sequence in Canvas.
- After the video processes, you can change the title of your video by clicking “settings” next to the video thumbnail.
- Click “edit” next to the title and save your changes.
Note: videos are automatically available to students after they finish processing .