|Age||Unknown (Current Comics)
25-31 ( Arrowverse ) 25 ( DCEU ) 35-42 ( Young Justice )
|Birthday||March 14, 1989|
Reading: The Flash (Barry Allen)
Read more : What Is a Flash Tattoo?
Bartholomew Henry Allen, more normally known as The Flash, is a superhero from DC Comics. He is normally famed as being the “ fastest man alive, ” and is a effect member of the Justice League .
When Barry Allen was young, his beget was killed under cryptic circumstances that his church father was wrongly accused for. Determined to find his mother ‘s cause of death and to bring justice to his founder, Barry becomes a forensic scientist and helps the police with his scientific cognition. One night at shape, Barry got struck by lightning and fell on a rack of his lab ‘s chemicals. rather of killing Barry, it gave him access to the extra-dimensional energy known as the Speed Force, allowing Barry to run and perform respective tasks at superhuman speeds. He uses his newfound powers to aid Central City as the superhero known as The Flash .
Powers & Abilities
- Speed Force: After Barry was struck by a bolt of lightning and doused with chemicals, it created the Speed Force – a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. As it does this, the Speed Force creates excess energy that builds up and needs to be released. The Flash is effectively the Speed Force’s release valve. When Barry uses his powers, he taps into that built up energy and expends it. After teaching himself, along with being trained by Fuerza, his future self, and Max Mercury; Barry learned a greater and more profound understanding of his powers, helping him gain mastery over them. Barry is a master of the science of the Speed Force. He has also stated that he can evolve when it comes to the terms of his powers. Barry’s connection to the Speed Force even remains intact when traveling to other universes that don’t have the Speed Force.
- Godly Speed: Barry is capable of moving at incredible superhuman speeds. While running, he can only be perceived as a blur. He is far faster than Superman and Supergirl, and was fast enough to repair an entire city without anyone realizing he ever left the room. He’s so fast in fact time seems to slow down around him, making him appear to be invisible to others within their relative time frame. Barry has stated that he can clear out the entire population of Tokyo (around 38 million people) in only 30 seconds. He has also moved fast enough to battle the Shade’s shadows, which moved at the speed of light. He is so fast that even when time is frozen around him, he’s still capable of moving. Barry stated that when moving at the speeds he does, a second can feel like days, a meaningful glance can linger for a lifetime, and a moment of regret can be an eternity for him. Flash’s speed is so impressive, that he managed to race throughout the whole multiverse, just to check the cosmic vibrational frequencies of each Earth. He often holds back his speed out of fear of tearing a hole in time and space itself. Barry is one of the two fastest beings on the planet alongside Wally West, though he is still slower than him.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Barry’s reaction time is augmented to superhuman levels. His great reflexes have allowed him to perform feats such as dodging lightning. His body sends pain messages to his brain at such a velocity that the femtosecond he feels something, he will react.
- Superhuman Stamina: Barry’s body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without out getting tired or weak. After being pricked by one of Poison Ivy’s toxic thorns, he ran at supersonic speed for more than a day, just to keep the toxin from metabolizing into his bloodstream. Even after running in circles for days non-stop, to keep the toxin from taking over; Barry still had enough stamina to run back and rescue Batman. Barry can maintain a state of vibrating his molecules for hours on end, even without gravity, before passing out.
- Superhuman Agility: Barry’s agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily maneuver and leap far distances while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Strength: The Flash can use his speed to amplify his natural strength. He was able to easily smash through the metal wall of a subway train, as well as strike Superman hard enough to send him crashing through a wall. He also carried the Statue of Mercury from Central City all the way back to Corto Maltese. Barry was also strong enough to hurl Wally West across a street and into a building, while moving at super speed, as well as pull a van that was carrying ten people. Barry was also able to easily snap Captain Boomerang’s metal boomerangs, using his hands.
- Speed Force Aura: The Flash’s body is surrounded by a “friction cushion”, a field of kinetic absorbent energy that protects him and anyone who is running with or carried by him from the rigorous effects of using his speed. Including friction, airborne particulate matter, heavy impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Superhuman Durability: Thanks to his protective Speed Force aura, Barry is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries. He was able to hit Gorilla Grodd with enough to force to shatter his own armor, and suffered no injury. Barry has also fought Shadow Demons hand-to-hand, who can disintegrate positive matter beings.
- Accelerated Healing: Barry can heal much faster than any regular human. His arm healed within minutes of it being crushed. He was also able to quickly heal from the “bone crushing pressure” and “antagonizing trauma” of being 2,000 feet below the ocean, which dealt extreme damage to his body.
- Aerokinesis: By rotating his arms at super speed or running in a circular motion, Barry can create strong vortexes of wind. He has also used the slipstream of airflow created by his speed to draft millions of gallons of water behind him to keep a small village from flooding, and pull two 600-ton barges behind him.He even managed to save a train from jumping off the tracks by creating a slipstream to carry and cushion it, right before creating a vortex to make it stop. Hawkman stated that when Barry and Wally ran around the world at immense speed, they created winds stronger than he had ever felt over all of his lives.
- Dimensional Travel: Barry is capable of using his speed to travel to other universes within the multiverse, and was even the first person to ever do this, when he traveled between Prime Earth and Earth-Two. By running at the speed of light, Barry can open a portal into the Speed Force itself, allowing him to enter and exit the dimension at will. Using his Speed Mind also enables him to willingly enter the Speed Force, and even bring others with him. He was also able to run into the Negative Speed Force alongside Eobard Thawne. Barry can also create dimensional portals by projecting his Speed Force energy.
- Electrokinesis: Barry is able to generate and manipulate the electrical energy he draws from the Speed Force. By focusing the lightning in his hands, Barry is able to enhance his strikes, generate lightning to provide people with warmth, as well as electrocute people on contact. When generated at high volumes, Barry’s Speed Force energy is powerful enough to disrupt the Green, the Microverse, and even Magic, as well as easily destroy Green Lantern constructs on contact. He can even pull the entire Speed Force into his body. Barry’s electrokinesis is so receptive and potent that he can rejuvenate himself by absorbing lightning from another source, even if it’s not from the Speed Force. The Flash can even extend his energy to every living being on the planet.
- Electro-Blast: By focusing his frequency, Barry can turn his body into a lightning rod, in order to build up a Speed Force charge and redirect it. By doing this, he can project bolts of lightning from his hands. Barry was also able to forcefully discharge a large burst of lightning from his entire body, to knock back Professor Zoom.
- Electromagnetism: Due to his electrical abilities, Barry is able to manipulate magnetism to some extent. He can use his lightning to create electromagnetic fields, as well as create a thermal expansion that allows Barry’s suit to be stored in his ring. Barry can also use this ability to conduct the pieces of his suit, in order to form it around himself. He can also cause his mask to unravel on command.
- Energy Transformation: When using excess amounts of Speed Force energy, Barry enters a supercharged state where he essentially becomes pure energy. While in this state, Barry’s powers are heightened. While in this state, Barry can move so fast, that he can exist on multiple planes of reality at once. According to Pied Piper, if he wasn’t careful, he’d run the risk of hurting himself and/or anyone around him.
- Light Projection: Barry is able to generate blinding amounts of light through his Speed Force lightning.
- Speed Force Absorption: By interlocking energy currents, Barry can drain away the Speed Force or Negative Speed Force, from speedsters or other energy sources, such as a Speed Force storm. Though if the one the Speed Force is being stolen from resists, they may be killed, unless the energy is distributed among multiple people. When drained of his Speed Force energy by Daniel West, Barry was able to directly absorb it back.
- Speed Force Negation: By interlocking his Speed Force energy currents with another speedster, Barry is able to temporarily short circuit the other speedsters power, causing a “lightning burst”.
- Enhanced Mental Process: By tapping into the Speed Force with his brain, Barry can eliminate the natural bottle-necking of information, that occurs due to the limits of human physiology. Because of this, Barry can think exponentially faster than any normal human, and possesses superhuman mental processing. He has managed to keep track of and process all of a security room’s computers in order to watch over a total of 400 people for an unveiling event, while undercover with Batman. Barry’s mind moves so fast that he is heavily resistant to mind control and possesses some resistance to other psychic attacks, because of this. According to Superman, he can think 3 moves ahead of most people, except for Barry and Wally themselves. Barry can think quickly, mapping out the potential outcomes of a situation and reading books in an instant.
- Speed Mind: By tapping into the Speed Force with his brain, Barry has the ability to tactically assess and predict the numerous possible and probable outcomes of most any given situation. By playing advanced variable examinations within his head he can simulate a quick pre-play sequence of a number of causes, effects and inevitable outcomes at an accelerated rate. Barry’s speed mind has also allowed him to instantly learn to operate a Green Lantern Ring. Barry can even use the Speed Mind to send his consciousness into the Speed Force to check other timelines as well.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Barry enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned his reaction speed. He can feel the slightest changes in air pressure around him, as well as electromagnetic pulses, in objects such as glass. He can also sense the whereabouts of other Speed Force conduits, by using their connection as a homing beacon and track them. Flash can even sense the vibrational frequency of any world in the multiverse.
- Enhanced Vision: Barry was able to vibrate his eyes fast enough in order to “see” the type of hard energy that the monster constructs he was fighting were made of. Barry also has an expanded sight/seeing range, allowing him to see things before the light from them reaches the pupil of his eye. While vibrating at super speed, he even managed to see Golden Glider who appeared invisible to everyone else. Barry can watch camera video feed in fast forward and perceive each individual image frame by frame. Due to his powers, Barry can also see supernatural beings that remain invisible to most people, e.g. the House of Mystery or spirits.
- Speed Force Empathy: The Speed Force grants Barry an empathetic connection to other conduits of the Speed Force, allowing Barry to sense their emotions.
- Speed Force Visions: The Speed Force will sometimes give Barry visions of the future as a warning sense. The visions are fast but largely incoherent, piecing together bits and pieces of random upcoming events that have yet to happen.
- Molecular Acceleration: Barry can vibrate his own molecular structure at varying degrees for a number of purposes, by adjusting to different frequencies. As he does that to a high enough degree he causes things to explode. When possessed by the vengeful ghost of the Keystone Killer, Allen was able to turn the tables by adjusting his frequency in order to contain his essence instead. Flash can vibrate so fast as he vibrated 10,000 vibrations per second to destroy a mirror monster created by Mirror Master. Even when his vibrations were disrupted and his molecules were scattered apart, Barry still managed to reassemble his body’s molecules and atoms, back to normal. He managed to break free from false reality housed in a mechanical virtual prison, made by Paradox just by vibrating. When vibrating at a certain frequency, Barry can also disrupt constructs of magic.
- Intangibility: By accelerating his molecular frequency to a high enough degree, Barry can make his body intangible and allow projectiles to pass through him. Flash can use this ability to bypass dangers, such as explosions.
- Invisibility: When vibrating at super speed Barry can render his body unseen by most people.
- Phasing: By vibrating his molecules on an atomic level, and by doing so at just the right frequency, he can allow himself to become momentarily intangible, and phase through objects.
- Thermokinesis: Barry can use his vibrations to generate heat, especially when it comes to thawing people out of ice or just warming people up.
- Retrocognition: Barry has shown on multiple occasions that he can remember certain events erased from his mind. He was able to remember Wally West when he reached out to Barry though the Speed Force, despite his memories of Wally being erased. He was also able to remember his pre-flashpoint history with Eobard Thawne.
- Speed Force Sharing: Barry is able to use the Speed Force to “lend” velocity to objects or people already in motion. Barry may lend his speed and angular momentum to another object or person. This may allow others to run alongside with the Flash. Barry did this with Wallace West by “locking” him in with his speed, granting him the boost needed to move at Barry’s speed.
- Speed Steal: Barry admits that he can steal speed from others, but he needs to be in close range in order to do it. When infected by the Negative Speed Force, Barry stole all of Reverse-Flash’s speed.
- Time Acceleration: During one of his battles with Professor Zoom, Barry realized that he can use the Speed Force to move time forward, allowing him to speed up the flow of time. By doing this, Barry was able to negate Zoom’s power to slow time. In this instance, this power caused Barry’s lightning to turn white. In a battle with the Turtle, Barry used the Speed Force to connect with every living being on the planet, in order to speed up time a few seconds into the future and bring everyone else with him, except for the Turtle.
- Time Travel: Barry can use his speed to travel throughout the time stream. While originally needing the cosmic treadmill to time travel, as of his battle with Zoom, Barry is able to time travel without it. Barry has also raced along the borders of hypertime, the part of the time stream where overarching and interconnected web of timelines and realities exist. Because of Barry’s ability to travel through time, he has the power to potentially alter the timeline, as he had previously changed it on his own power, during the Flashpoint.
- Cosmic Awareness: Barry has broken the 4th wall.
- Genius Level Intellect: Barry possesses a great knowledge of chemistry and forensic sciences. He has trained Jessica Cruz how to utilize her Power Ring better, with his own knowledge and experience with Green Lantern technology. Barry admitted to having once controlled his mass through vibration to allow the laws of gravity to kick in while hurtling toward space even though he was almost blacked out from oxygen loss because he realized he had reached escape velocity. He was capable of creating his own alloy for the conception of his Flash Ring, whenever he accesses the Speed Force. Along with creating a new element known to few people, called Lighzinium. Barry has shown smart enough to outwit Dr. Alchemy, who possessed the combined knowledge and experience of previous owners who also claimed the title of Dr. Alchemy, themselves. Despite his unique speed, Barry is not above coming up with a plan and/or investigating about a situation ahead of time, before prompting into a fight. Barry has also shown that he can adjust to almost any scenario, such as his brief experiences utilizing a Green Lantern Ring, the Strength Force, Still Force, and Negative Speed Force.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Due to him having police training and being trained by Batman and Wonder Woman. Barry became a skilled hand-to-hand combatant. Skilled enough where he managed to beat the likes of Grodd who had the power super speed. Defeated Supergirl even when she had help from Krypto. Bested Daniel West in battle before and after Darwin Elias and Iris West interfered in their fight. Barry overcame a version Reverse-Flash who had lived and trained for centuries including with a version of Thawne who had the combined knowledge and experiences of all his previous lives and current one. Barry even managed to hold his own against Captain Cold for a while, without his powers and in absolute zero temperature, before losing. Fought the Merciless with the aid of his Earth -52 self and managed to win. According to Aquaman, Barry can hit a hundred times a second, which Barry confirmed when he threatened Batman. Barry also fought dozens of Multiplex’s duploids, who were enhanced with super speed, until Grodd messed with his mind enough to incapacitate him. Even without a massive majority of his powers, Barry still fought alongside the other Flashes and took out some of Multiplex’s duploids. When the Speed Force was dying, Flash and Batman were capable of fighting off nearly a dozen deformed rotting Gotham and Gotham Girl clones to a standstill, while apparently not holding back. Barry has shown capable of fighting off speed enhanced Gorilla Soldiers before and after gaining assistance from the Rogues. Flash has fought off his fair share of solar-enhanced Kryptonian Dwalu Warriors that were almost as strong as Superman. He even managed to defeat 100 Timeless Soldiers when his speed was dampened. Barry took out the Trickster in one punch without his powers. Barry managed to stalemate Spencer Thompson in a fight, until Detective Bullock intervened. Without powers, Flash still fought alongside the Justice League when they were forced into gladiatorial combat on Warworld by Mongul. When trapped in the Sixth Dimension’s Apokolips, Barry and the Justice League fought back against the prison guards even with their powers inhibited. Even though they lived and trained for centuries, Flash has shown capable of fighting most of the Acolytes of Zoom to stalemate before Reverse-Flash intervened.
- Indomitable Will: Barry possesses enough willpower to operate a Green Lantern Ring. Flash’s will is so strong, that even when contaminated by the Flood thus being to turn into a sea creature in the process. Barry still continued to fight among the Justice League even in his state when he was being bombarded with thoughts and commands from Black Manta to fight for him, who at the time had a connection to the Life Force.
- Investigation: Barry is a master detective, even Batman couldn’t tell who was the better detective between the two of them. Superman has stated that Barry is one of the best CSIs and Detectives in the world. He can easily start to paint a picture of a crime scene before even running any tests. Barry was the only one to figure out how to save Simon Baz, when his Green Lantern Ring was infected with the Genie A.I., after Wonder Woman gave him an idea of how to stop Simon. He managed to deduce the location of where several missing children were held at, when trying to solve a child abduction case. He even helped Cyborg sleuth an entire crime scene to scan for any traces of DNA only to come up with nothing. Unlike the rest of the Justice League, Barry was the only one capable of seeing through Batman’s lie about a false alarm in the Batplane; when it was in fact a ruse to hide an impending emergency of an attack on Central City’s Flash Museum. Barry successfully managed to deduce that he was trapped within Heat Wave’s mind, while his physical body was still back at Iron Heights. He deduced that he was in a false reality, due to it not having vibrational frequency like all the other worlds in the multiverse; along with knowing that his real mother Nora Allen would never tell him not to keep going.
- Easily outruns the speed of light (+670,000,000 mph).
- Once rescued everyone from a collapsing apartment building, then used the public library to learn everything he needed to rebuild the whole place, and then he just did it, all before the cops showed up.
- Can clear entire population of Tokyo in 30 seconds.
- Can react within a femtosecond.
- Can run on clouds.
- His brain can proceed events in less than an attosecond (0.000,000,000,000,000,001 seconds)
- He once called the Justice League Supercomputer slow, which, by the way, processes at 100.000 x 1012 calculations / sec
- Rebooted the entire DC universe by running too fast.
- Beat Superman in a race.
- Can punch 1,000,000,000 times in 1 second.
- Can turn sand into lava by running on it.
- Is faster than instant teleportation.
- Raced a god and won.
- Can easily break the sound barrier.
- Stated to travel way faster than the speed of light when reversing time to save the Justice League.
- In the Flashpoint, got through the leg, but with his healing ability, stood up minutes later and outran a nuclear blast… and break the time barrier.
- Repaired part of Central City while talking to his therapist.
- Can use a Green Lantern ring.
- Undid the Unity by running far beyond the speed of light.
- Power Instability: According to Nightwing, the Flash needs room to operate while in a hand-to-hand battle. When an opponent gets in close, Barry’s blows are so fast, they could start to land on his own body.
- Vulnerability to Dimensional Bursts: Amanda Waller stated that the Speed Force which fuel Barry Allen’s powers can be disrupted by a potent enough extradimensional energy burst. She selected Cisco Ramone as a member of the Counter League Task Force to oppose the Justice League to work against the Flash, as Vibe’s powers could disrupt his connection to the force in various ways. During one of their bouts, Barry permanently lost some of his speed due to Vibe’s attack.
- Vulnerability to Extreme Temperatures: If Barry is shot, hit, or falls for a trap that includes extreme temperatures of hot or cold. It can affect his durability and/or nullify his Speed Force abilities.
- Vulnerability to Heat
- Vulnerability to Cold
- Vulnerability to EMP: If Barry becomes trapped in containment cell that involves an electromagnetic pulse, he will be unable to vibrate out to escape.
- Roller Coasters: Barry is afraid of roller coasters
- In a different timeline, when he actually used his time traveling abilities to go back in time and save his mother’s life, but ended up ruining the entire universe instead.
- It’s possible for others to disrupt his connection to the Speed Force, making him loose his abilities.
- Despite being frequently associated with the move, Barry has actually never used the signature Infinite Mass Punch. Though he should be capable of doing so, the only 2 people to actually use the technique are his former sidekick and Superman.
- Barry has his own museum