Enable IIS on Windows 10 : enable Internet Information Services on Windows 10 is very a simple summons. Internet Information Services(IIS) is nothing but an extend world wide web waiter that is made by Microsoft so that it can be made consumption along with Windows NT. besides, ASP.Net developers will be looking to enable IIS in the first place, as IIS is required to host ASP.NET. IIS provides an synergistic drug user interface that helps to set the configuration easy. In this article, we will check out the simple steps involved in the process of Enabling Internet Information Services(IIS) on Windows 10 .
New!! : Looking to Enable Internet Information Services[IIS] in Windows 11?
How to enable IIS on Windows – Easy Steps:
The Latest Version of IIS [ as of 22/09/2021 ] on Windows is IIS 10.0.19041.1 The steps are explained with images for the easy understand of the users. kindly follow the below steps .
You can follow the article to Enable IIS in Windows 10 in elementary steps :
- Go to Start Menu and search for Control Panel. Open Control Panel.
- Switch the Control Panel view to Category.
- Click on Programs.
- Now, proceed with “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
- Locate Internet Information Services and enable it.
- Finally, Click on OK.
- Windows will search for the required files.
- Finally, it will apply the changes and complete the requested changes. Click on Close.
- Internet Information Services(IIS) is now enabled on Windows 10.
How to Check Internet Information Services(IIS) Version on Windows 10:
Checking the IIS Version on Windows is very easy. charitable follow the below steps.
- Open Run Command using the shortcut Win Key + R.
- Search for inetmgr.
Note: If Windows throws the error ‘Windows cannot find inetmgr’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again”, then kindly go to the following section. : If Windows throws the error. Make sure you typed the diagnose correctly, and then try again ”, then kindly go to the
- Internet Information Services(IIS) manager will open now.
- Click on Help.
- Go to “About Internet Information Services“.
- “About Internet Information Services manager dialog box will open now.
- You can find the version of IIS over there.
How to fix Windows cannot find ‘inetmgr’?
This mistake can be tiring, but it is well fixable. In fact, this integral article is about enabling Internet Information Services in Windows 10 and the lapp routine will help you fix this mistake. The reason why Windows throws this error ‘ Windows cannot find ‘inetmgr ‘ is because the “ Internet Information Services ” [ IIS ] is not enabled in your system .
Hence, follow the above steps of enabling Internet Information Services(IIS) in Windows 10 and you can fix this error well .
Conclusion of the Article:
Internet Information Services(IIS) on Windows 10 is one of the necessity features for ASP.NET developers. The above article clearly discusses the steps involved in the summons of enabling Internet information Services ( IIS ) on Windows 10 .
If you have any doubts, please let us know in the comments below. For more such amazing posts, stay tuned to TecKangaroo .