How to block IP and IP range on Windows server?
by Vladimir Popescu Being an artist his entire biography while besides playing handball at a professional flat, Vladimir has besides developed a passion for all things computer-related. With an unconditioned fascination for research and analysis, and realizing … Read more
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software will keep your drivers up and running, therefore keeping you safe from coarse calculator errors and hardware failure. Check all your drivers immediately in 3 easy steps :
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Drivers to get new versions and avoid system malfunctionings.
- DriverFix has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
If you want to find out how to block IP and IP ranges on a Windows server, you are lucky .
In this article, we will discuss precisely this subject, and you will find out what are the best solutions available .
Blocking an IP or an IP rate on your Windows waiter will allow you to prevent access to your server from a specific state or region. This will give you the possibility to control the security of your waiter easily .
Please follow the steps presented here cautiously to avoid any issues .
Here’s how to block an IP or an IP range on Windows server
1. Add Local Computer to Security Policies
- Press Win+R to start the Run dialog box.
- Type MMC -> press Enter.
- Inside the console -> click File -> Add/Remove Snap in.
- Select the Standalone tab -> click the Add button.
- Choose the IP Security Policy Management option -> Add -> Local Computer -> Finish -> Close -> Ok.
2. Create IP security policy
- Inside the console -> right-click the IP security policies on local computer option found in the left pane -> choose Create IP security policy.
- Click the Next button and name the policy Block IP.
- Add a description of your choosing.
- Click the Next button and make sure that the box next to the Activate option is ticked.
- Click Next -> tick the Edit properties option -> click the Finish button (this will open the properties window).
Seeing the specified user does not exist error in Windows Server? Do this to fix it
3. Create a new rule inside the IP filter list
- Inside the properties window that you previously opened -> click Add -> Next.
- Make sure the This rule does not specify a tunnel option is selected -> click Next.
- Leave the All network connection option selected -> click Next.
- This will open the IP filter list (you will need to create a new filter, so don’t choose any of the default values).
- Click Add -> type a name for your list (ex. IP block list) -> add a description (can be the same as name).
- Add the option -> click Next to move to the next step.
- Type IP1 as a name (or IP range) in the description box.
- Make sure the Mirrored. Match packets with the exact opposite source and destination addresses option is ticked -> Next (source address needs to be the same as My IP address).
- Select A specific IP address or A specific Subnet (depending on if you want to block an IP or IP range).
- Copy-paste the IP address or the subnet type -> click Next -> select Protocol Type as Any -> Next -> Finish.
In today ’ s fix article we explored how to block an IP or IP range on a Windows server promptly. We hope the lead was easy to follow, and that it managed to solve your offspring .
Please feel free to let us know if it did by using the comment segment found below this article .
hush having issues ? Fix them with this joyride :
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month .
Was this page helpful?
Read more: Apollo for Reddit
Start a conversation