Method 1: Find and Flip the Dedicated Switch
Certain laptops, such as Sony Vaio S, have dedicated switches that tell it which graphics card to use. This switch is found near the CD/DVD drive and has two settings : Stamina and Speed. Stamina position uses the weaker graphics card and Speed uses the stronger one. Try flipping the switch over and see if the problem is solved. If not, try the next method.
Method 2: Add the Program to the Display Adapter Manually
All potent graphics cards come with a control center when installed. It will normally be accessible through the right-click context menu when you click on the background .
- In the case of NVIDIA, the option is called NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Open it and select the Manage 3D Settings option.
- The Program Settings tab will allow you to choose the default display adapter for any program. Click Add, find the .exe file of the program you want to use with NVIDIA display adapter, and click OK.
- If you want to make NVIDIA default for every program, go to the Global Settings tab and the dropdown menu titled Preferred graphics processor. You will see the choice between “Integrated graphics” and your NVIDIA card. Click the NVIDIA name and close the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- With Radeon cards, the same thing is called Catalyst Control Center.
- Open it, click Gaming and click 3D Application Settings.
- Here you will click Save, which will open the dialog to search for a .exe file. Find it, click OK, select it from the dropdown menu below and adjust any options you need.
- You can manage the settings in the Application Profile section underneath Gaming.
How to Open and change Settings in NVIDIA Control Panel?
Do the lapp in Catalyst Control Center : I have Radeon and tried it on my personal computer, I can ’ t find the community lead for that anywhere
Method 3: Disable the Integrated (weaker) Display Adapter in the BIOS
To enter BIOS, you need to hit a sealed key on the keyboard as the device is starting up. There is a great stove of possibilities when it comes to which key that might be, for exercise, F1, F2, F5, DELETE, and then on, and this key is normally shown during inauguration. Either watch close as the device boots or search on-line for more information. In any case, tap that button as the device is booting up and you should enter BIOS.
again, each BIOS has different settings and you will have to go over all the options and record every sub-menu until you find the option Primary Graphics Adapter. here you want to set the IGP ( Integrated Graphics Processor ) to the lowest priority and your PCI-E slot to the highest priority. Once you ’ re done, accept all changes, die BIOS and restart the device .