- Options to Change Password in Windows Server 2016
This guide demos 4 ways to change password in Windows Server 2016 .
Options to Change Password in Windows Server 2016
This guidebook details how to change Password in Windows Server 2016 using these methods :
- Change Password with “Ctrl + Alt + Delete”
- Use “Edit Local Users and Groups” to Change Password
- Change Password with Active Directory Users and Computers
- Use PowerShell to Change Password for an Active Directory Account
Change Password with “Ctrl + Alt + Delete”
This is the easiest way to change password in Windows Server 2016. This method acting is applicable to change password for both local and world accounts .
here are the steps :
- While logged on to the server press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Then click Change password.
- You will be required to provide the current password for the logged in user. Then type and retype a new password. When you finish press enter. You could also click the forward arrow (->) beside Confirm password.
If you logged on to the calculator with a local account, this gradation will change the password for the report on the Server. But if you are logged on with a sphere bill, the password will be changed on the world .
Use “Edit Local Users and Groups” to Change Password
This method can only be used to change password for member servers ( a server that is not a Domain Controller ) .
here are the steps :
- Log on to the member server. Then type users in the search bar. Finally, click Edit local users and groups.
- When Edit local users and groups opens, click the Users node. Then right-click the user you wish to change the password and select Set Password.
- When you receive a warning message, read the details and click Proceed.
- Type your new password then confirm the password. When you have entered the new password into the two boxes click OK.
Change Password in Windows Server 2016 with Active Directory Users and Computers
This method acting should be used to change passwords for domain users .
here are the steps to use this method :
Read more: Download XAMPP for Windows – Free – 8.1.0
- Login to a Domain Controller and open Server Manager.
- From Server Manager click Tools. Then select Active Directory Users and Computers.
- When AD Users and Computers opens, navigate to the AD container where the user is. Then right-click the user and click Reset Password…
- Type the password in the New password field. Then retype it in the Confirm password field. If you do not want to force the user to change the password when they login uncheck the box beside User must change password at next logon. You could also check Unlock the user’s account box if you wish to unlock a locked account. When you finish click OK.
Use PowerShell to Change Password in Windows Server 2016 for an Active Directory Users
You can besides use PowerShell to change password for an active Directory exploiter .
Below is a sample command :
To use the command, change
besides replace “ [ e-mail protected ] ” and “ [ electronic mail protected ] ” with the old and new password respectively.
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
You can use the 4 methods discussed in this template to change password for users in Server 2016 .
kindly use the “ Leave a Reply ” form to provide us feedback about this lead .
For more Windows Server guides visit our Windows Server How To page .