To enable RDP in windows server 2012, you need some energizing settings. In this tutorial, we will explain to you the complete bit-by-bit shape of the RDP server .
- What is an RDP connection ?
- significant features of Windows Server 2012
- 4 Steps to Enable RDP in Windows Server 2012
- stopping point
What is an RDP connection ?
RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol is a Microsoft protocol that enables remote control connections to a local server ( or net ), to a desktop or a server over the Internet. Remote Desktop Protocol makes this association using a graphic interface. This interface can consist of two parts, customer software installed on the client-side, and RDP Server software installed and run on the other calculator. In a virtual or remote control position, for model, the Remote Desktop Server is normally the one where all the apps or documents are and the clients are the employees on their laptops or devices. This kind of distant desktop technology has become increasingly popular ever since the pandemic started, and it has become a standard in setting up distant shape. A distribute of freelancers, for model, habit services like Cloudzy ’ s USA RDP to get a workstation in the States and get the jobs they want without moving to the states themselves
RDP clients are available for about all versions of Microsoft Windows ( both background and mobile translation ), Linux, UNIX, Android, Mac OS, IOS, and other operating systems, but RDP Server is only available on the Windows operating systems, or in the form of XRDP for Linux. Windows Servers are some versions of the Windows syndicate that can provide users with remote desktop features. They were first base released in the 90s, under the name of Windows NT.
Need a Remote Desktop ?
reliable, high-performance RDP servers with 99.95 uptime. Take your background on the adam to all the major cities in the US, Europe, and Asia .
Get an RDP Server
But starting in the year 2000, Microsoft changed its method of naming versions. The next versions became Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and Microsoft Windows Server 2019. Windows server 2012 is the fifth translation of this series of operating systems that were developed along with Windows 8 .
Windows Server 2012 is known as the first Cloud function arrangement, offering better virtualization with better manageability than UNIX and Linux. The successor of this translation was released in October 2013, named Windows Server 2012 R2.
Windows Server 2012 is based on Windows Server 2008 R2. It can easily switch between Server Core and Server with a Graphical User Interface ( GUI ). Server Manager was redesigned with the aim of easing multi-server management. indeed, you can easily set up RDP on Windows Server 2012.
significant features of Windows Server 2012
- Windows Clustering: this feature allows you to connect several independent computers as a unified system, simultaneously. It is very cost-effective and can improve the scalability, reliability, and availability of the unified system.
- User Access Logging: UAL is a default service in Windows Server 2012 that can collect the user data usage as a log.
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM): this feature handles remote connections using WS-Management Protocol. It allows administrators to remotely run management scripts.
- Windows Management Infrastructure: WMI and its new version provide a host of benefits and features to providers and clients for a better designing and developing experience.
- Data Deduplication: this API enables a better backup and restore capability in applications. Thanks to the WMI script creation feature that allows managing the Data Deduplication feature.
- NFS provider for WMI: this feature enables you to transfer files using Windows Network File System protocol.
- Remote Desktop Services: by using this feature, you can enable RDP in Windows Server 2012. This feature that was formerly known as Terminal Service allows a server to host multiple client sessions.
In fact, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 with terminal service and Remote Desktop Feature allow a one seance to run remotely and establish remote administrator access .
adjacent, we will explain how to enable distant background in Windows Server 2012. besides, we suggest that you read our article about enabling distant desktop in Windows Server 2016 if that ’ s the translation you are after .
Need a Remote Desktop ?
reliable, high-performance RDP servers with 99.95 uptime. Take your desktop on the adam to all the major cities in the US, Europe, and Asia .
Get an RDP Server
4 Steps to Enable RDP in Windows Server 2012
To enable RDP in Windows Server 2012, let me beginning guarantee you that the shape of the RDP Server is very simple. now, let ’ s proceed with our configuration tutorial :
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
If you wish to enable RDP in windows Server 2012 using Server Manager, first you should check some requirements as follows :
Step 1: Prerequisites to install RDP in Windows Server 2012
- A server with Windows Server 2012 installed. If you do not have it installed already, we suggest that you try one of our RDP plans that include a free Windows Server 2012 activated. It will be risk-free because of our 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Verify that the Remote desktop service is running on Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Notice that the default port for Remote Desktop Services (port number 3389) is open.
Step 2: The Softwares you need to Install RDP
- .NET Framework 4.6
- Windows Management Framework 5.0
Step 3: Install Remote Desktop Services Role
now, it ’ mho clock to install Remote Desktop Services Role :
- On the Windows Start menu or on the Desktop Taskbar, open Server Manager.
- Click on Add Roles and Features Wizard.
- Choose Role-based or featured installation.
- From the pool, select the current server.
- Select Remote Desktop Services.
- In this step, select Remote Desktop Licensing and Remote Desktop Session Host.
- Let the include management tools box be checked and click on Add Features.
- In the confirmation step, leave the “restart the destination server automatically if required” box unchecked.
Step 4: Finally, Enable The Remote Desktop
nowadays, you should verify that Remote Desktop is enabled. To do so, do the following steps :
- Log in to Windows Server Manager and click on Local Server on the left pane of Server Manager.
- Wait for a few seconds while the information for the Local Server is updated.
- On the right pane of the Properties section, search to find Remote Desktop. It is disabled, by default. Make sure to enable it.
- To enable RDP in Windows Server 2012. You should uncheck the “Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer” box, and leave the “Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication” checked.
- By clicking on OK, the local administrator account has permission to access the Remote Desktop server by default. By clicking on the Select Users box, you can optionally give other users permission for RDP access.
Need a Remote Desktop ?
reliable, high-performance RDP servers with 99.95 uptime. Take your desktop on the fit to all the major cities in the US, Europe, and Asia .
Get an RDP Server
Congratulations ! If you did all the things as said in this article now the RDP connection should be on and working in your Windows server 2012. It should look something like this :
Enabling RDP in Windows Server 2012 is reasonably easy. You can do it by using Server Manager to well access another device ( or possibly a network or a waiter ). In this how-to steer, we explained this method acting for making distant administrator entree comfortable.
Read more: Download XAMPP for Windows – Free – 8.1.0
Do you know another method for distant connections ? possibly, something like using the command line ? If you have any experience related to RDP Server or Windows Server 2012, please share it here with us and early readers .