Having your very own Playstation cabinet is one of the best rewards every crippled can give to themselves. But these don ’ triiodothyronine precisely come bum, specially the new PlayStation 5 ( PS5 ). That ’ second why no one can blame you if you presently don ’ thymine want to shell out more cash for some gambling headsets and choose to use your trusty AirPods rather .
There ’ sulfur merely one problem though : the PlayStation 5 calm doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate subscribe Bluetooth audio like its predecessors. And, it doesn ’ thyroxine look like they ’ ll add this feature any prison term soon .
This may prompt you to spend more of your hard-earned money on some PS4/PS5 compatible headsets or settle for brassy cable headphones, alternatively. But don ’ t lose hope just even !
Unsupported or not, our handy guide will help you through some smart hacks on how to wirelessly connect your AirPods to your PlayStation console. We ’ ll even provide ways on how to troubleshoot any sound recording issues you may encounter .
Read on and find out how .
- Can You Connect Your AirPods to PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5?
- How to Connect AirPods to Your PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5
- What to Do if You Can’t Hear Anything From Your AirPods
Can You Connect Your AirPods to PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5?
The short answer is : yes! Gaming with AirPods on your PS comfort of choice is possible, but with some considerations .
unfortunately, while all the official PlayStation wireless controllers use Bluetooth to connect to your console, you can ’ t do the same with your radio receiver headphones. And, a lot to the frustration of many gamers, tied the new Playstation 5, which had a successful launch last year, distillery doesn ’ t have this feature .
sol why didn ’ thymine Sony just add fully Bluetooth functionality right out of the box ?
Sony ’ s official argument mentions that the Bluetooth profiles that run on the PS systems are different from the ones used in most Bluetooth devices. Simply put : regular Bluetooth devices are incompatible with PS consoles .
To understand their argue, we need to get a short technical. For Bluetooth devices to connect properly, they will need to communicate with the lapp Bluetooth profile. however, the PS home consoles only support Hands-Free Profile (HFP ) and Handset Profile (HSP ). On the other hand, most Bluetooth devices today use Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) .
however, signal intervention and reaction time problems can besides be some of the many reasons why Sony won ’ thyroxine put Bluetooth audio in their consoles .
Compared to their pumped-up counterparts, wireless headphones use a different method acting to relay sound recording. They have to constantly compress and decompress the audio signals in order for them to be heard. This process sometimes results in audio lags .
Considering that gamers use radio receiver controllers, having built-in Bluetooth sound recording confirm may interfere with the controllers ’ signal. These can be troublesome particularly in games. They require accuracy and preciseness when played. The last thing gamers need is a severe lag during on-line matches. Playing on-line is a major disembowel of the PS home consoles after all .
What to expect when connecting AirPods to PS4/PS5
Since there ’ s no official support for other Bluetooth devices, you will need to go through different hacks on how to use your AirPods in PS4/PS5. however, you can expect to run into some connectivity issues when doing so. These problems may include, but are not circumscribed, to :
- Lack of game chat feature: One vital component of playing online is the game chat feature. This enables players to utilize communication within a group, especially for complicated team plays. Unfortunately, some solutions won’t allow the use of AirPods’ microphones.
- Latency problems: Using a pair of wireless headphones like the AirPods adds a little more data to go back and forth through the network during online games. Therefore, this sometimes causes some audible latency issues.
- Inability to use AirPods features: While connecting wirelessly to the PS console, some AirPods features you enjoy with iPhones will likely be inaccessible. Ultimately, your AirPods will simply turn into a regular pair of true wireless earbuds.
latency refers to the meter it takes for the data to travel from its generator to the finish across a network. In base consoles like the PS4/PS5, the data could be player inputs, voice, television or text old world chat. Latency is measured in milliseconds ( master of science ). It ’ s unobtrusive if the check is short. But if it takes more than a few meter, it ’ s what ’ s referred to as “ stave. ”
How to Connect AirPods to Your PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5
The most coarse solution for the miss of radio connectivity in Sony ’ s base consoles is to use a Bluetooth arranger. It only requires a few basic steps and the aforesaid Bluetooth adapter .
If you don ’ thyroxine spirit inclined to spend some extra cash, there are calm other possible ways to connect your AirPods to the PS game comfort. These will however require a disjoined electronic device as a mediator to your AirPods and PS console, though. The good news is, you may already have access to them without knowing what they can do .
The methods described in the succeed sections will all apply to the respective versions of the PS4. They besides apply to the PS5 but with some identical minor differences in the interface. Likewise with the AirPods and its assorted models .
Using a Bluetooth Adapter
As stated sooner, this will require a branch purchase in the form of a Bluetooth arranger. If you don ’ thymine mind spending a short more to gain wireless connectivity, then it will all be well worth it .
The Bluetooth arranger we ’ ve used for the future few steps is the GuliKit Bluetooth Adapter. It has a 3.5mm miniskirt mic that allows voice chat right out of the corner. This is an integral sport lacking in most Bluetooth adapters. Before proceeding, make certain at least one of the USB ports of your PS cabinet is free for the Bluetooth adapter to connect to. Otherwise, proceed with the steps described below :
- Connect the GuliKIt Bluetooth adapter to one of the free USB ports on your PS console and it should automatically enter pairing mode.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Plug-the-USB-Bluetooth-dongle-into-your-PS4-and-wait-for-it-to-enter-pairing-mode_1.mp4
- Enable pairing mode of your AirPods by putting them in the charging case and pressing the setup button until the status light turns white. The Guilikit Bluetooth adapter should then automatically connect with your AirPods. Make indisputable that there are no early Bluetooth devices turned on to avoid hindrance .
- Plug the mini microphone into the controller’s 3.5mm audio port.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Insert-the-microphone-into-the-controllers-3.mp4
- To make sure that the AirPods and GuliKit connect properly, go to your PS console’s Home. Select Settings.
- From there, select Devices, Audio Devices then Input Devices. Select the option Headset Connected to Controller.
- Go back to Audio Devices. But this time select Output Device. Select the option USB headphones (USB Audio Device).
- Return to Audio Devices one final time. But this time choose Output to Headphones. A sidebar will appear on the right side of the TV screen. Select All Audio.
Using the Remote Play app
remote control Play is the official Sony app for its PS consoles. This app allows gamers to stream their PS4 or PS5 games to their smartphones. Games can be controlled either with onscreen controls or any PS controllers. It basically turns any smart telephone or mobile device into a smaller proctor to play PS games with .
That ’ s all well and good for gaming. But what they don ’ thymine state you is that Remote Play besides allows you to wirelessly connect your AirPods to the PS consoles. To use the Remote Play app with your smartphone :
- Download and install the Remote Play from either Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Enable the Remote Play option in your PS console by going to Settings, then select Remote Play Connection Settings.
- Select Enable Remote Play from the options available.
- Open the Remote Play app on your phone. It will start connecting to your PS console.
- If you haven’t already, pair your AirPods with your smartphone.
- Enable the microphone by tapping the triple dots/ellipsis (…) at the bottom-right of your Remote Play app screen. This will allow voice chat with your AirPods.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/1.mp4
- Go to Remote Play’s Quick Menu by pressing the share and PS button simultaneously. Then, select Sound Devices. From there, choose Adjust Microphone Level.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2.mp4
Using a Smart TV
As of 2021, Smart TVs accounted for more than 50 % of the overall number of TVs. It ’ s not that surprising since it was already at 45 % in 2020. The three largest television manufacturers all have their own versions of Smart TVs. And while they may run on different operating systems, they all have Bluetooth connectivity built in .
This makes it possible for your AirPods to wirelessly connect to your PS console table, albeit indirectly. The methods described below will work with any stigmatize ampere long as your Smart television receiver is Bluetooth able .
- Make sure your HDMI cables are connected properly in their proper ports on your Smart TV from the PS console. You can check the picture below on what an HDMI cable is and their compatible ports.
- Enter pairing mode of your AirPods.
- Go to the sound settings of your Smart TV. In the case of a LG Electronics Smart TV, it’s in the Sound icon. Select Sound Sync.
- Sound Sync will display all available Bluetooth devices. Select your AirPods.
- Select Sound, then go to Sound Out.
- Select LG Sound Sync/Bluetooth from the options.
- A list of available Bluetooth devices will appear. Select your AirPods.
What to Do if You Can’t Hear Anything From Your AirPods
Since Sony has never actually acknowledged third-party Bluetooth devices, you can ’ t very trust on them for any aid. here ’ s a curtly guide in troubleshooting any sound recording issues you may encounter while attempting to connect your AirPods to any PS console .
Troubleshooting Audio With Bluetooth Adapter
If you find that there international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine any audio coming out of your AirPods even with a Bluetooth adapter, you may want to check that your PS console ’ second system has the right remark and output bulk settings .
To do this, start by opening your PS Home menu, then :
- Go to your console’s Settings, Devices, Audio Devices then select Adjust Microphone Level. Modify your microphone settings accordingly.
- Return to Audio Devices, this time select Volume Control (Headphones). Here, you can adjust your headphones volume based on your preferences.
- Return to Audio Devices one final time, this time select Output to Headphones. A black sidebar will appear. Select All Audio.
Troubleshooting Audio With Remote Play App
Some issues may besides pop up when using the Remote Play app with your AirPods, particularly if it ’ second outdated .
assorted errors normally pop-up when an app is out of go steady. The lapp goes with the Remote Play app. fortunately, updating it is fairly bare. For this, precisely go to Settings then choose System Software Update .
Troubleshooting Audio With The Smart TV
If you can ’ metric ton hear anything when using Smart TVs, you may want to check your cables, peculiarly those connecting your PS cabinet to your Smart television receiver .
To fix these audio issues :
- Make sure that there are no loose cable connections. Take note of what type of cable was used and what port it was connected to.
- Open your PS console. Then go to Settings, then open Sounds.
- Adjust the options accordingly based on your cable set up.
connectivity between the AirPods and the PS comfort is distillery limited right immediately. But, over time, those limits may soon be ( hopefully ) removed. particularly when newer Bluetooth technology is unveiled to the public .
But while Sony inactive hasn ’ metric ton offered support for early Bluetooth devices, you now know that it is still possible with a few creative tricks .
What did you think of this article ? Did you try out any of the methods described above ? What were your experiences like ? We ’ five hundred appreciate it if you share with us your thoughts. Drop us a gloss below !