Download Windows Server 2016 ISO image .
In the former posts, we have discussed how to install Windows Server 2016 and what is new in Windows Server 2016. If you missed those posts, we highly recommend you to visit them before to proceed to this post. In this post, we will discuss how to install Active Directory Domain Services ( AD DS ) on a windows Server 2016 and how to configure Domain Controller in Windows Server 2016.
peak new features of Windows Server 2016
Do you know what is raw in Windows Server 2016 Active Directory ? Click here !
Let ’ s begin to configure Domain Controller in Windows Server 2016. There are two major tasks to promote Windows Server 2016 as a Domain accountant :
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
- Install the Active Directory Domain Services role.
- Promote Windows Server 2016 to Domain Controller.
Installing the Active Directory Domain Services role
- First of all, we will rename the default computer name into a name that is human-readable. To do so, open the System Properties (sysdm.cpl) window of your system and set the desired the computer name.
- Once, you change your computer name you have to restart your system. Once the system is rebooted, sign in to the system with the Administrator account. After some time, the Server Manager console will be displayed.
- Now, we need to configure TCP/IP settings before to install and configure Domain Controller on a Windows server.
- To do so, open the Run dialog box, type ncpa.cpl, and then press Enter. Select and right-click the active network adapter, and then select Properties.
- On the properties dialog box, set the following TCP/IP settings on your server:
- IP address: 10.0.0.100.
- Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0.
- Default gateway: 10.0.0.1.
- Preferred DNS server: 10.0.0.100.
Promote your Windows Server 2016 as a Domain Controller
To promote your server as a knowledge domain accountant, you need to perform the follow steps :
- On the Server Manager console, click the Add roles and features
- On the Before you begin page, click Next.
- Click Next until you see the Select server roles On this page, select the Active Directory Domain Services check box as shown in the following figure.
- Accept the default selections through the rest of the wizard and complete the installation process.
- Click Close, once the installation process completes on DC1. Now, you have successfully installed the Active Directory Domain Services on your server. The next task is to configure your server as Domain Controller. To do so, continue to the next steps.
- On the Server Manager console, click the Notifications icon.
- Click the Promote this server to a domain controller link, as shown in the following figure.
- On the Deployment Configuration page, select the Add a new forest radio button. In the Root domain name text box, type a domain name such as mcsalab.local, as shown in the following figure, and then click Next.
- On the Domain Controller Options page, make sure that the Domain Name System (DNS) server check box is selected, as shown in the following figure. In the Password and Confirm password text boxes, type a DSRM password, and then click Next.
- On the DNS Options page, click Next.
- On the Additional Options page, click Next.
- On the Paths page, as shown in the following figure, review the default location for the AD DS database file, and then click Next.
- On the Review Options page, click Next.
- On the Prerequisites Check page, as shown in the following figure, review the prerequisites, and then click Install.
- After some time, the system will restart automatically, sign in to DC1 with the MCSALAB\Administrator.
That ’ s all you need to do to install and configure Domain Controller in Windows Server 2016. In the approaching posts, we will explain how to configure roles and features on Windows Server 2016. Stay connected with us for upcoming posts. Hope, you have loved it and will show your sleep together by sharing the article with your friends .