How to Remove Your Gmail Account From Your Phone (iPhone and Android)
Whether you have an Android or an io device, you may find yourself needing to delete your Gmail account from your earphone. If so, there are good a few steps you ’ ll need to take, although it ’ second worth considering whether this carry through is actually necessary before you go ahead .
- Why you might want to remove your Gmail account from your phone
- How to Remove Your Gmail Account
- Caution for Android users
Why you might want to remove your Gmail account from your phone
There are many reasons that would lead you to removing your Gmail account from your call. possibly you ’ re upgrade to a new device and selling your existing smartphone. possibly you ’ re about to lend your device to person for a certain period of clock time. Either direction, you don ’ metric ton want anyone else accessing your Gmail account.
alternatively, you may be experiencing functionality issues with your Gmail account on your phone and want to delete it in order to reinstall it. It ’ sulfur worth noting that you don ’ t need to remove your report to make space for a raw one. If you ’ re in this site, Google will let you add another report alternatively .
How to Remove Your Gmail Account
Removing your Gmail report from your io device
1. From your homescreen, tap on Settings. 2. Scroll down to Passwords and Accounts. 3. Tap on Gmail. 4. Tap on Delete Account. 5. To confirm your option, exploit Delete from My iPhone.
Removing your Gmail account from your Android device
1. Open your earphone ’ south settings. 2. Tap Accounts or Users and Accounts, depending on your device . 3. Tap the Gmail bill you want to remove . 4. To confirm your option, tap Remove Account.
Removing your Gmail account from your Safari app
1. Open your Safari app.
2. Go to google.com. 3. Tap on your profile picture at the top right hired hand side and then Sign out. 4. Tap Sign in followed by Remove an account. 5. Tap the “ – ” symbol next to the account you wish to remove from your device . 6. Tap Done .
Removing your Gmail report remotely
If your phone is lost or stolen and you want to ensure that no one else accesses your Gmail account, then it ’ s possible to remove your history remotely : 1. sign in to your Google score from another device. 2. navigate to Settings in the leave hand menu. 3. Tap on the Gmail score you wish to remove . 4. Tap on Manage your Google Account. 5. navigate to the Security yellow journalism. 6. scroll to Your devices and tap on Manage devices. 7. You ’ ll see the list of devices you ’ rhenium signed into with your Google account. Click on your missing device and go to Account Access to click the Remove button.
10. Confirm your option by clicking Remove.
Caution for Android users
For users of Android devices, most apps are dependent on having an active Google score, as they ’ re tied to the Google Play Store. therefore, if you remove your Gmail score, you won ’ thymine be able to access the Google Play Store or any of your apps that are linked to it. Be sure you absolutely must remove your Gmail account ahead taking this step on an Android device. Whatever your argue for removing your Gmail app from your smartphone – and whether you ’ re using an Android or an io device ( or if you have to do it remotely ) – rest assured that there are steps you can take to navigate the process seamlessly .