Steps to Install and Configure FTP on Windows Server
1) Let us install the web service ( IIS ) role first.
open server coach and choice Add Roles and Features. Click Next and choose Role-based installation, to install any roles or features on Windows server this should be selected. Select the local server and click Next. 2) Select Web Server (IIS) and all recommended features in the popup shield as under. 3) It is not required to select any early features in the Features page. When you reached the Web waiter Role features, choose FTP services and FTP extensibility ( optional only ) features. 4) Confirm the survival and cluck Install to start the facility.
Read more: Apollo for Reddit
once the FTP server role has been installed, you can access the IIS ( Internet Information Services Manager ) from server coach from Windows 2012 R2. 5) It will open the IIS settings where you can host the world wide web websites and FTP sites. But for this presentation determination, we will create and set up an FTP locate entirely .
Few things you need to consider before implementing an FTP server setup.
- Are you going to use SSL (Certificate) or Non-SSL security settings on your FTP site?
- SSL is more secured and the traffic will be encrypted. But you need to have a valid internal or external certificate for this purpose if you select SSL.
- How users will be authenticated? Is it local or integrated with Active Directory?
- How are you going to manage read-only and write access to your FTP site?
- If the server has multiple network cards and IPs, on which IP do you want to publish your FTP site? Based on these points, you have to bind the FTP service to particular IP (NIC) in Windows server.
once you have decided above points, go to our earlier usher, which shows how to install and setup FTP on Windows 10 OS. The settings and configuration steps are very similar. Remember, setting up the license for your FTP web site is very crucial. Because we do not need to give write access to all users and in most of the fourth dimension, none of the users should read the files on the FTP site without authentication ( that means, no anonymous access ) .
Must Do Steps
You will be needing to set up and allow FTP traffic through the Windows firewall or any other specific firewall/Antivirus software you have installed. once you have done all frame-up, you can check the connectivity, permission and entree level by using any FTP client program, like Filezilla.