Being able to record Zoom meetings is a utilitarian trick that can be used many unlike ways. You can save meet highlights for those who couldn ’ t make it, create know tutorials for education purposes, commit and critique your performance for an approaching job interview, and more. You can even download Zoom recordings, allowing you to review them anywhere, on any device, without needing to be logged into your Zoom report. You can even swap recordings with your friends and colleagues. Talk about portability !
The question is : how do you do that ? well, it depends on who made the record and where it ’ second stored. A record you made and saved locally will be on your computer already ( so no need to download it ! ), while a defile record by you can be found in your history on the Zoom web site. You can besides download a cloud recording by person else, but you need to have a valid URL radio link to it, and the host has to have permitted viewers to download it .
If that sounds complicated, don ’ triiodothyronine worry. We ’ rhenium going to walk you through the basics of downloading Zoom recordings, step by step.
We ’ ll begin by outlining the different situations in which Zoom lets you download recordings of meetings .
- Prerequisites for accessing and downloading Zoom recordings
- How to find and download your own Zoom recordings
- How to change cloud admin settings so others can access your Zoom recordings
- How to download a shared Zoom recording
Prerequisites for accessing and downloading Zoom recordings
What you need to get your hands on a Zoom suffer recording download depends on who created it and where it was saved .
Your own local recordings
If you record a meeting locally, you don ’ metric ton actually need to download it — the files for it are already saved on your desktop computer. however, you have to be using the same calculator that you made the commemorate on, unless you ’ ve moved the files to a different device. besides, remember that local recording international relations and security network ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate available on mobile devices .
If you ’ ve kept local recordings saved in their default locations, there are shortcuts for finding them on the Zoom web site and in the Zoom background app. We ’ ll describe those when we show you how to find and download your own Zoom recordings .
Your own cloud recordings
You ’ ll need a pay report ( and administrator permission if you ’ re on a multi-user explanation ) to save a record to the Zoom obscure. But you can do it from either a desktop calculator or a mobile device. And once you make one, you ’ ll be able to find and download it from your account on the Zoom web site. There ’ mho a shortcut to it in the desktop app, excessively .
Another user’s cloud recording
here ’ mho where things get a snatch more complicate. In holy order to download a Zoom meet recording that person else has created and saved to the cloud, a few different things need to happen :
- The host must have enabled the setting allowing the recording to be shared.
- You must have a valid URL link to the recording (as it may expire).
- If the host has set a passcode for the meeting, you must enter it.
- If the host has required it, you must enter your name and email address.
- The host has to have enabled the setting for viewers to download the recording.
late in this article, we ’ ll go through how to change cloud recording plowshare & download settings, arsenic well as how to download a shared Zoom record. For immediately, we ’ ll stick with how to download Zoom recordings that you ’ ve made yourself .
How to find and download your own Zoom recordings
once you ’ ve made your Zoom recordings, how do you find and access them to play them back or download them ? well, you ’ ll chiefly do so through the Zoom web site, but the desktop app can offer a shortcut deoxyadenosine monophosphate well. We ’ ll breed both, so you know the ins and outs of how to download a Zoom video recording recording that you ’ ve created yourself .
How to view or download your Zoom recordings on a web browser
- Open a new web browser window or tab, head to the Zoom.us home page, and sign in.
- From your main dashboard, click the Recordings tab in the left-hand menu.
- To see recordings you’ve stored locally on your desktop computer, click Local Recordings. Here you will see a list of your local recordings, including the topic, meeting ID, start time, ID of the computer it was recorded on, and the path to the folder that contains its files.
You ’ ll notification that you have the options to search for recordings based on when they were made, deoxyadenosine monophosphate well as export a spreadsheet containing data about your recordings. You can besides delete recordings one at a time, in selected groups, or all at once .
For now, though, just click Open beside one of your recordings .
- If the folder containing the recording files is in the same place as it’s listed on the website, it will automatically open on your desktop. Then you can enjoy the different parts of the recording at your leisure.
- Going back to the Zoom website, you can also click Cloud Recordings to bring up a list of recordings saved on your account. Like with local recordings, you’ll see information about them such as their ID number, when they were made, and the number and size of files that comprise them.
There are besides options to search for a specific record, export a spreadsheet of data about your recordings, or edit multiple recordings at once. however, you may need administrator powers to use some of these features .
( Image credit : YouTube – Zoom )
anyhow, click on the topic name of the commemorate you want to view .
- Here, you can click the video thumbnail to start playing back the recording, or click Download to start a complete Zoom recording download. If you move your mouse cursor over the individual files, you’ll see separate links to download, share, or delete them.
( Image accredit : YouTube – Zoom )
That ’ s the primary method for how to promptly find your local Zoom recordings, vitamin a well as how to download a Zoom recording from the mottle. next, we ’ ll usher you a few shortcuts you can use to find your recordings from the background app. They won ’ thyroxine lashkar-e-taiba you download your recordings, but they ’ re even handy to know for locating your files in short-circuit order .
How to access your Zoom recordings on the desktop client
- Open the Zoom desktop client and sign in.
- Click the Meetings tab in the toolbar across the top of the main window.
- In the left-hand panel, click the Recorded tab, and then click on the meeting that you want to access.
- In the main window, you’ll now see a few details about the recording, along with a few options.
Clicking Open will display the file folder containing the recording files, so you can open them manually. You can besides click Play to play back the converge with both audio and television ( if you didn ’ t use video, this option won ’ triiodothyronine be available ), Play Audio Only to play back good the sound picked up during the meet, or Delete to erase this record and all files associated with it .
If only the Open option is available, it means that recording has been saved in the overcast on your Zoom explanation. In this character, clicking Open will not bring up the booklet on your calculator containing the recording files. alternatively, it will take you to the recording ’ s details page on the Zoom web site .
That covers how to download a Zoom record that you were the host for ( or at least find it ). now, we ’ ll have to how to download Zoom recordings that early people have made — but inaugural, we ’ ll excuse what has to happen before you can actually do that .
How to change cloud admin settings so others can access your Zoom recordings
If you ’ re still wondering “ How do I download a shared Zoom recording ? ”, the work on the viewer ’ sulfur end is fairly simple. however, whoever hosted the meeting has to do a act of work first gear .
In inadequate, they have to allow that meet ’ randomness recording to be shared, and must besides permit those viewing it to download it. There are a couple of other settings they can enable for total security, like requiring viewers to enter their names, e-mail addresses, and/or a password. then they have to share the URL and other relevant information for the recording .
so if you want to plowshare your own recordings – or help a acquaintance, colleague, or colleague share their recordings – here ’ south what has to be done :
- Log into your account at Zoom.us.
- From your main dashboard, click Recordings, and then Cloud Recordings.
If you have administrator privileges on a multi-user account and want to see all meetings recorded on your report ( as opposed to just the ones you ’ ve personally created ), chatter Account Management and then Recording Management rather .
- Use the search tools to find the recording you want to change the settings for, and then click on its topic name to view its details.
( Image credit : YouTube – Zoom )
- Click the Share button to bring up sharing options for the recording.
( Image credit : Zoom Help Center )
- You will now see information relevant for sharing this recording, including the URL for its playback. It should look something like the screenshot below:
( Image credit : Zoom Help Center )
Below that are the partake settings for the recording. Make sure the toggle buttons labeled “ Share This Recording ” and “ Viewers Can Download ” are both set to the “ on ” position ; if not, click them to switch them on .
You can besides require a drug user to input their name and e-mail and/or a password to view or download the record ( if enabling a password, type it in and then click Save ). You can besides choose whether or not to set a date where the sharing connection expires, if you only want to partake the recording for a specify come of time .
- When you’re finished changing your settings, click Copy Sharing Information to Clipboard. This will copy the relevant meeting information, including the URL (and password, if you set one), to your device’s internal clipboard. You can then paste it anywhere you want to let people view and download the recording. It’s similar to some methods of inviting people to a Zoom meeting.
That ’ s how to make Zoom recordings shareable and downloadable. But how do you download one yourself once it has been shared ? That ’ s the topic of our future department .
How to download a shared Zoom recording
Say that person shares a link to a Zoom recording with you and has allowed viewers to download it. now, how do you go about making a copy for yourself ? here ’ s a quick explanation for how to download a Zoom defile recording that person else shares with you .
- If the link to the recording is active, just click it.
If not, select it, copy it, and glue it into your browser ’ sulfur address measure. then press the Enter/Return key, Go clitoris, etc.
- Depending on the host’s sharing settings, you may be required to input a password, and/or your name and email address. If a password is required, it will be included with the recording sharing information and URL.
( Image accredit : Zoom Help Center )
- When you get to the playback page, click the Download button and, depending on your settings, choose a location on your device to save the recording files to.
( Image credit : Zoom Help Center )
Those are the basics of how to download Zoom recordings ! Being able to record and download copies of Zoom meetings are just two of the many capital features Zoom has. And if you ’ re looking to get evening more out of Zoom, it has tons of integrations with other useful tools on the Internet. Check them out !