- 1. Use a WordPress Plugin to Embed a PDF File
- 2. Embed a PDF in WordPress Using Google Drive
- Final Thoughts on How to Embed a PDF File in WordPress
1. Use a WordPress Plugin to Embed a PDF File
Using a WordPress plugin to embed a PDF file into a page or a mail of your web site is a method acting we would advise for WordPress beginners, as it is the quickest and easiest choice. There are numerous plugins available for this occupation, each offering something slightly different :
- PDF Embedder (free) – lets you upload PDFs and embed them straight into your website.
- Embed PDF Viewer (free) – enables you to embed a PDF from the media library or from a third-party site via oEmbed.
- Google Drive Embedder (free) – allows you to access your Google Drive documents from within your WordPress dashboard. PDF files can then be embedded directly into posts or pages.
- PDF Viewer for WordPress (premium) – comes with a selection of impressive features, including advanced control over display options, a powerful admin panel, Google Analytics tracking, and more.
thus now let ’ s following find out how to install and use the PDF Embedder plugin.
Step 1: Install PDF Embedder on Your WordPress Website
To install PDF Embedder, open your WordPress splashboard and click on Plugins > Add New.
then, in the plugin search function, type in PDF Embedder. Once the plugin has been retrieved, blue-ribbon Install Now, then Activate.
You will find PDF Embedder has now been installed on your web site. To learn more about how to install a WordPress plugin, check out our bit-by-bit template excessively.
Step 2: Configure PDF Embedder’s Settings
To open the settings page for PDF Embedder, cluck on Settings > PDF Embedder within your WordPress splashboard.
The free adaptation of PDF Embedder provides limited settings. Options include :
- Height and Width – Here you can set a specific height and width for your PDFs. (This is only necessary if you have a particular size in mind. Otherwise, PDF Embedder will display PDFs at their original size).
- Toolbar Location – Choose whether to display the toolbar at the top or bottom of the page. The toolbar allows users to zoom in and out of the PDF, as well as toggle between pages.
- Toolbar Hover – Select whether to have the toolbar permanently visible or to just appear when a user hovers over the PDF.
once you have configured the settings, remember to click on Save Changes at the penetrate of the page.
Step 3: Upload and Embed a PDF
To upload and embed a PDF with PDF Embedder, you just follow the same childlike serve as you would to upload and implant images. Open the post or page where you want to display the PDF. then from within the Editor, suction stop on Add Media.
once the Media Library has opened, click on Upload Files > Select Files. then upload the PDF file from your calculator.
once the PDF has uploaded to the Media Library, select the file and chink on ‘Insert into post’.
Within your post editor program, you will now see a shortcode for your PDF.
finally, preview or publish the mail. You should now find the PDF is displayed on the frontend of your WordPress web site.
2. Embed a PDF in WordPress Using Google Drive
The second method that we will discuss to help you embed a PDF into your WordPress web site uses Google Drive. If you would quite embed a PDF in your web site without having to use a plugin, then doing indeed via Google Drive is the method for you.
You will need to upload the PDF to your Google Drive and then embed the file on your web site by using the iframe code. here ’ s an example of how a PDF will be displayed on your web site if you opt to use Google Drive :
so get ’ sulfur now run through this work footprint by dance step.
Step 1: Upload the PDF File to Google Drive
Log into Google Drive, or if you need to, create a new account.
You nowadays need to upload the PDF to your Google Drive history. so click on New > File upload from the left-hand side menu and select the file from your local calculator.
Step 2: Make the PDF Shareable
After the PDF has been uploaded to Google Drive, double click on the file. When the file opens, click on the three dots icon in the right-hand corner of the top menu cake. then choose ‘Open in new window’.
once the PDF has opened, again pawl on the three dots icon and this time choice Share.
A popup entitled ‘Share with others’ will now appear. Click on ‘Get shareable link’. This action will enable your PDF to be viewed publicly.
If you don ’ triiodothyronine want your PDF to be downloaded, copied, or printed by your users, snap on the Advanced button and check ‘Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers’.
then pawl on Done.
Step 3: Embed the HTML Code
You now need to find and copy the implant code, and then embed it in your WordPress web site. To find the implant code, click on the three dots icon and blue-ribbon ‘Embed item’.
then copy the HTML code display.
now switch binding to your WordPress dashboard and open the page or post where you want to display the PDF. Switch to text horizon, then paste in the HTML code.
now preview or publish the post to check out how your PDF appears on your populate site.
Final Thoughts on How to Embed a PDF File in WordPress
Both methods mentioned in this article are good options when it comes to embedding a PDF file in WordPress. indeed simply choose the method that best suits your needs and skill set. You can then cursorily create, embed, and display a wide-eyed assortment of PDFs on your web site, helping you to engage with and provide for your audience. How will you embed a PDF file in your WordPress web site ? Please share your thoughts in the comments below…
Share This Article:
Megan Jones Megan is a freelance writer who loves all things WordPress. She presently lives in Brighton UK with her spouse and two belittled children. When she is n’t on-line she likes walking by the sea, coffee, and traveling anywhere and everywhere. She is available for hire so check out her site jonesblogs.com