Screen sharing basics
soar allows for screen sharing on background, pill and mobile devices running Zoom .
- The host and attendee can screen share by clicking the Share Screen icon.
- The host does not need to grant screen share access for another participant to share their screen.
- The host can prevent participants from accessing screen share.
Sharing your screen
1. Click the Share Screen button located in your meeting controls.
2. Select the screen you want to share. You can also choose an individual application that is already open on your computer, the desktop, a whiteboard, or an iPhone/iPad.
( Optional ) Enable these features :
Check Share Computer Sound : If you check this option, any phone played by your computer will be shared in the meet .
Check Optimize for full screen video clip : Check this if you will be sharing a video trot in fully riddle mode. Do not check this differently, as it may cause the shared filmdom to be bleary.
Reading: eLearn @ UCalgary
Click Share .
Zoom will mechanically switch to full shield to optimize the shared screen view. To exit full-screen, pawl Exit Full Screen in the top-right corner or press the Esc key.
3. To disable automatic full screen when viewing a shared screen, disable this option in your desktop client settings: Enter full screen automatically when a participant shares screen.
Screen Share for Participants
Click the little arrow to the right of the Share Screen button. Select Advanced Sharing Options .
Share screen menu
When you start sharing your sieve, the meet controls will move into a menu that you can drag around your sieve.
- Mute/Unmute: Mute or unmute your microphone.
- Start/Stop Video: Start or stop your in-meeting video.
- Participants/Manage Participants: View or manage the participants (if the host).
- New Share: Start a new screen share. You will be prompted to select which screen you want to share again.
- Pause Share: Pause your current shared screen.
- Annotate / Whiteboard: Display annotation tools for drawing, adding text, etc.
- More: Hover over more for additional options.
- Chat: Open the chat window.
- Invite: Invite others to join the meeting.
- Record: Start recording locally or to the cloud.
- Allow/Disable participants annotation: Allow or prevent the participants from annotating on your shared screen.
- Show/Hide Names of Annotators: Show or hide the participants’ name when they are annotating on a screen share. If set to show, the participant’s name will briefly display beside their annotation.
- Optimize Share for Full-screen Video Clip: Start optimizing for a video clip in full screen mode. Note: Do not enable this setting if you are not sharing a full screen video clip, as it will blur your screen share.
- End Meeting: Leave the meeting or end the meeting for all participants.
Using dual monitors
If you are using a double proctor set-up, you can turn on the Use Dual Monitors have to see the blind sharing on one monitor and participants on the second .
Note : On Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, you need to allow Zoom access to screen recording to share your screen door. You can do this in your System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording ( learn more )
To learn more about screen sharing, go to the Zoom support page : hypertext transfer protocol : //support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005759423