- Windows Server 2016 VM must be created ,
- “ allow_ping_ssh_rdp ” security group must be allocated ,
- Floating IP address must be associated.
In the solution you will find how to:
- download and install OpenSSH ,
- Allow access in Windows Firewall ,
- connect to Windows via SSH from Linux or Windows ,
- Accessing files via SFTP .
Download and install OpenSSH
- Log in to your VM via RDP
Download the newest OpenSSH waiter from GitHub ( hypertext transfer protocol : //github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH/releases )
In our event it is v188.8.131.52p1-Beta, 64-bit version.
If you can not download the file you can change security system settings.
Go to “ Control Panel ” → “ Network and Internet ” → “ Internet Options ” and choose “ Security ” yellow journalism.
Click the Custom level… push button.
Find the “ Downloads ” section and change the “ File download ” choice to “ Enable ” then click OK.
Confirm by clicking Yes then click Apply.
now you can download the file.
- Open the downloaded file and copy the “ OpenSSH-Win64 ” booklet to “ C : \Program Files ”.
- Go to “ C : \Program Files\OpenSSH-Win64 ” and edit the “ sshd_config_default ” file.
- Find and uncomment following lines by removing the “ # ” at the beginning then save the file.
#Port 22 #PasswordAuthentication yes
After the changes it should be :
Port 22 PasswordAuthentication yes
- immediately you have to modify system environment variable star.
To do it run Windows PowerShell as administrator …
… and type the be command :
setx PATH "$env:path;C:\Program Files\OpenSSH-Win64" -m
You should see the output “ SUCCESS : Specified value was saved. “.
- change to the OpenSSH directory and run the install script.
cd "C:\Program Files\OpenSSH-Win64"; .\install-sshd.ps1
- enable automatic pistol startup and start “ sshd ” and “ ssh-agent ” services.
Set-Service sshd -StartupType Automatic; Set-Service ssh-agent -StartupType Automatic; Start-Service sshd; Start-Service ssh-agent
Allow access in Windows Firewall
We have to add new firewall rule to open port which we will use to connect via SSH, default is 22.
To add the rule merely run the following command in Windows PowerShell.
New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName "OpenSSH-Server-In-TCP" -Direction Inbound -LocalPort 22 -Protocol TCP -Action Allow
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
Connect to Windows via SSH
From Linux connect to the VM by typing the follow command in concluding. Remember to type your VM ‘s IP address.
Type the password. If you are connected you should be in Administrator ‘s home directory.
From Windows (via Putty) receptive Putty and create newfangled session. Complete the fields as below. Host Name for IP address: Administrator @
Connection type: SSH
Click Save button.
Double click on your new saved session to connect then snap Yes.
immediately you are connected to your Windows VM via SSH.
Accessing files via SFTP
- WinSCP must be installed
outdoors WinSCP and pawl New Session.
arrant fields as under and click Save. Host name:
Port number: 22
User name: Administrator
Read more: Apollo for Reddit
Click OK. You can besides save your password.
confirm by clicking Yes.
nowadays you can browse your files.