FIX: There might be a problem with driver for Wi-Fi adapter
Windows & Software Expert
by Milan Stanojevic Milan has been enthusiastic about PCs ever since his childhood days, and this led him to take interest in all PC-related technologies. Before joining WindowsReport, he worked as a front-end web developer. Read more
- Many users encounter the There might be a problem with the
message , while using Windows 10.
- Surfing on your favorite websites will be pretty hard to do without an Internet connection, but the only thing that you should pay attention to is the cause.
- Take a look at our website’sNetwork section for more information on how to handle networking issues.
- Find more helpful guides on our Windows 10 Hub for other errors, glitches and versatile other problems .
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
To fix various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software will keep your drivers up and running, therefore keeping you safe from common computer errors and hardware failure. Check all your drivers now in 3 easy steps :
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click Start Scan to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Drivers to get new versions and avoid system malfunctionings.
- DriverFix has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
sometimes you might not be able to access the Internet ascribable to There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter message .
This can be an annoying return, and in this article we ’ ll show you how to fix it properly .
This error message can be debatable, but there are similar issues that you can encounter. Speaking of similar issues, here are some problems that users reported :
- There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter Windows 10, local area connection adapter, wireless network connection adapter Windows 10 – This issue can affect both your Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection. The cause might be your antivirus, so you might have to disable or remove it.
- There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter Lenovo, Dell, HP laptop – Many laptop brands can get affected by this problem, and the cause is usually your drivers, so reinstall them or update them.
- There might be a problem with the network adapter – There are many reasons for this problem, but if you encounter it, be sure to try all of our solutions.
- How can I fix the Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapter driver issues?
How can I fix the Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapter driver issues?
1. Use the built-in troubleshooters
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Choose Troubleshoot. In the right pane, select Internet Connections and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
2. Update your drivers
This problem can much be caused by outdated drivers, and in order to fix the topic it ’ s advised to update your drivers .
To do that, you need to find the model of your network adapter and visit the manufacturer ’ s web site. To do this, you ’ ll need to use your telephone or another personal computer .
After you download the latest driver for your arranger, transfer it to your personal computer and install it. Once the driver is installed, check if the problem is still there .
If you want to prevent driver-related issues in the future, we advise you to use professional driver updater software .
A dedicate instrument will automatically find outdated drivers and update them, indeed if you want your personal computer to run smoothly, be certain to try this application. It will besides keep your arrangement safe from permanent damage by manually downloading and installing the wrong driver versions .
With that being said, update your driver faithfully and don ’ t take the risks of damaging your system using DriverFix
3. Change your network properties
- Click the network icon on your Taskbar and select your network.
- Select Change adapter options.
- Right-click your network connection and choose Properties from the menu.
- List of properties will appear. Make sure that only the following properties are enabled:
- Client for Microsoft Networks
- File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks
- QoS Packet Scheduler
- Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder
- Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
- After doing that, just click the Apply and OK to save changes.
sometimes new properties can appear on the tilt, and they can cause issues with your net arranger .
To fix the trouble, just disable these properties and make certain that lone the substantive ones are enabled. After doing that, your problem should be resolved.
4. Check your antivirus
Expert Tip: Some personal computer issues are hard to tackle, specially when it comes to bribe repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your car and identify what the demerit is.
Click hera to download and start repair .
According to users, There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet arranger message can appear due to your antivirus .
sometimes certain settings can interfere with your network adapter and induce this and many other problems .
Users reported this problem with AVG antivirus, and in order to fix the publish, it ’ s advised to disable AVG network filter feature. To do that, follow these steps :
- Open Network and Sharing Center and navigate to Change adapter settings.
- Right-click your network adapter and choose Properties.
- Locate AVG network filter on the list and disable this feature.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved. In case the publish is hush present, possibly you should disable your antivirus wholly and check if that helps
If that doesn ’ metric ton oeuvre, your following step would be to remove your antivirus. After you remove your antivirus, check if the trouble is hush there .
Users reported issues with both AVG and Kaspersky, but bear in mind that any other third-party antivirus can cause this issue to appear .
If removing the antivirus solves the trouble, possibly this is the perfect time to consider switching to a different antivirus solution .
In case you want maximal protection that won ’ thyroxine interfere with your gambling sessions, we strongly suggest trying antivirus software that offers complete protection against viruses, worms, spam, spyware, and other malware .
therefore, to switch to a more secure and effective antivirus you might want to consider the best antivirus software with gloomy CPU use to safely protect your personal computer .
5. Make sure that the necessary services are running
- Press Windows Key + R and type services.msc. Click OK or press Enter.
- Locate WLAN AutoConfig service and double-click it.
- Head over to the Dependencies tab and check all the services on the list. Memorize or write down all the services.
- Now go back to the Services window and make sure that all these services are running.
- In addition, be sure to set their Startup type to Automatic. Keep in mind that you need to do this for all services from Step 3.
- Restart your PC.
6. Use netsh command
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Run the following commands:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit
After running these commands, check if the trouble is still there .
7. Reinstall your network driver
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your network driver, right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
- Check Remove driver software for this device option.
- Click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- Click the Scan for hardware changes icon and Windows will automatically install the default driver.
After doing that, check if the trouble is resolved .
8. Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point from the list.
- Click the System Restore button and Next.
- Look for Show more restore points option and enable it.
- Select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
There might be a trouble with the driver for the Ethernet / Wi-Fi adapter message can be quite baffling, but we hope you solved the issue using one of our solutions .
still having issues ? Fix them with this tool :
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this calendar month .
Was this page helpful?
There are 17 comments