- 10 steps to fix wireless adapter or access point issues on PC
- How can I fix the problems with the wireless adapter?
- 1. Update the wireless drivers
- 2 . Switch to a wired connection
- 3. Delete your wireless profile
- 4. Check if your password is correct
- 5. Use Command Prompt
- 6. Check if your wireless adapter is disabled
- 7. Remove your antivirus software
- 8. Change the name and password for your Wi-Fi connection
- 9. Reset your router
- 10. Check for Windows Updates
- other common net errors on Windows 10 and 11
10 steps to fix wireless adapter or access point issues on PC
Windows & Software Expert
by Milan Stanojevic Milan has been enthusiastic about PCs always since his childhood days, and this led him to take sake in all PC-related technologies. Before joining WindowsReport, he worked as a front-end web developer. Read more
- Sometimes, it’s more convenient to access the internet using the wireless adapter.
- The problems with the wireless adapter or access point are chiefly caused by baffling drivers .
- For any information about wireless connections, explore our Network & Internet section.
- Our Windows 10 Hub covers a world of information from news to tips and guides about the OS.
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
To fix various PC problems, we recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool:
This software will repair coarse computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware bankruptcy and optimize your personal computer for maximum performance. fix personal computer issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps :
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies ( patent available here
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
many Windows 10 and 11 PCs access the Internet using the radio receiver arranger. still, wireless adapters can cause problems, specially if you don ’ metric ton configure them by rights .
One emergence that users reported is the Problem with wireless arranger or entree target error message, and in this usher, we ’ ll appearance you how to fix it .
This write out chiefly shows up on certain laptop models. That ’ s not surprising at all, as laptops chiefly use wireless networks after all .
besides, these are laptop brands that are most prone to this issue ( although it may occur on basically any laptop ) : HP, Dell, Toshiba, Asus, Lenovo, Acer.
How can I fix the problems with the wireless adapter?
1. Update the wireless drivers
- Press Windows + X to pop-up Start Menu.
- Search for Device Manager and open it.
- Look for your Network Adapter, right-click on it, and select Update Driver.
- Next, click on Search automatically for drivers and see if the system finds a new one.
- Restart your PC.
You can easily update your Windows 10 drivers manually by using Device Manager following the steps above. besides, updating your drivers in Windows 11 is a necessary operation that may be executed in the same manner as in previous OS versions .
There is besides the option to visit your network adapter manufacturer ’ mho web site, locate your device, and download the latest drivers for it .
You can besides try installing the drivers using the compact disk you got with your radio arranger. Installing drivers from a compact disk is a great solution if you don ’ t have an Internet association .
however, bear in mind that those drivers credibly aren ’ t the latest .
alternatively, if you want to save some time and be surely to have an error-free update, you can use a give driver updater software. It can automate the job and update multiple drivers at once .
2 . Switch to a wired connection
Using a wire connection on a laptop in truth kills the vibration. however, if you ’ re unable to connect to a WiFi network, you very have no choice, at least until the trouble gets resolved .
then, connect your laptop to your router with the LAN cable television. If the WiFi joining is the only problem, you should connect to the internet without any problems .
besides, since some of the approaching solutions require an Internet connection, we advise you to keep that LAN cable by your slope, until we find a proper solution .
If you ’ re still ineffective to connect to the Internet, even though you ’ re using the wired connection, something is improper with your router. There are many possible reasons why Windows 10 can ’ metric ton connect to the router, including faulty hardware equipment .
For the last OS, users besides reported encountering this error, but don ’ t worry, we have some simple steps to get rid of the Windows 11 that can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate connect to this network error .
3. Delete your wireless profile
- Type cmd in Windows Search and click on Run as administrator to open Command Prompt.
- Enter the following command and press Enter (replace WirelessProfileName with the actual name of your wireless connection):
netsh wlan delete profile name="WirelessProfileName"
- Reconnect and reconfigure the network in order to fix wireless adapter problems.
4. Check if your password is correct
You should always protect your Wi-Fi network with a password. sometimes, you might unintentionally enter the incorrect password while trying to connect to the radio network .
To fix this problem, disconnect from your net and reconnect again, but be certain that your password is correct.
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
Users reported that in some rare cases your keyboard might enter different characters, particularly if you use different input languages on your personal computer. Therefore, be sure to double-check your password .
Expert Tip: Some personal computer issues are hard to tackle, particularly when it comes to bribe repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a instrument that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start animate .
besides, you can use a password director to remember all your passwords .
5. Use Command Prompt
- Start Command Prompt as administrator.
- Enter the following lines:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
6. Check if your wireless adapter is disabled
- Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager from the list of options.
- Locate your wireless adapter and double click it to open its properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and look for the Enable button. If you don’t see the Enable button, it means that your device is enabled and working.
7. Remove your antivirus software
Antivirus software is significant for your on-line condom. unfortunately, some antivirus programs can interfere with your radio connection and cause the Problem with wireless adapter or access target erroneousness .
To fix this topic you need to temporarily disable or remove all third-party antivirus tools from your personal computer. Users reported that McAfee is causing this problem .
If that was the cause, we strongly recommend you switch to a different antivirus. Windows Defender is a full cock, but extra software is recommended .
You can find a set of good Windows 10 compatible antivirus software, but besides the best antiviruses for Windows 11 that will keep you protected without causing problems in other apps .
Dedicated antivirus software has large and continuously update threat databases that ensure real-time protective covering against all types of incoming attackers .
8. Change the name and password for your Wi-Fi connection
According to users, you can fix this offspring plainly by changing the name and password of your wireless network .
This is a pretty dim-witted operation. If you don ’ t know how to do it, check your router ’ second teaching manual for details .
9. Reset your router
This error can be caused by improper router configuration. According to users, you can fix this trouble by resetting your router .
To do that, just press the readjust button on your router, or open the router settings and select the reset option .
Before resetting your router you might want to save and export your configuration so you don ’ t have to enter it manually .
For more information on how to reset your router or how to export your router ’ mho shape, be certain to check your router ’ second manual .
10. Check for Windows Updates
Microsoft partners with many hardware manufacturers. therefore, there ’ s a legit casual you ’ ll get your wireless adapter update through Windows Update .
so, connect that LAN cable, and check for updates. In case there ’ s a modern update for your router, the system will install it mechanically
other common net errors on Windows 10 and 11
This international relations and security network ’ thymine by far the individual problem in Windows 10, 11 when it comes to Internet connectivity. You might have encountered other like ones, and we have solutions for quite a few of them :
Note: These solutions are not alone for Windows 10 personal computer. You can try them for Windows 11, 8, and 8.1 .
Our Windows 10 Hub and Windows 11 Hub report a world of data from news to tips and guides about the OS .
Let us know in the comment department which one worked for you. We will be beaming to recommend them in the first place .
still having issues ? Fix them with this tool :
Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month .
Was this page helpful?
Read more: Apollo for Reddit
There are 11 comments