How to Hide Columns and Rows in Excel
start by selecting the column ( s ) or row ( s ) you want to hide. You can do this a few unlike ways.
- Select multiple adjacent columns or rows: Click the first column or row, hold the Shift key, and click the last column or row.
- Select multiple non-adjacent columns or rows: Click the first column or row, hold the Control key (Command on Mac), and click the remaining columns or rows.
- Use the name box: Type a cell label in the name box to the left of the formula field. For example, if you want to hide the second row, for type B2. (For more, check out our guide to the Excel name box.)
once you make your choice ( randomness ), follow one of these two methods to hide the column or rows .
- Right-click the selected column or row you want to hide and choose Hide. (This method will not work if you’ve typed in the column or row identifier.)
- Click the Home tab and in the Cells group, click Format > Hide and Unhide and pick either Hide Rows or Hide Columns.
The column or row will be hidden and you ‘ll see a thin double pipeline indicating where the hidden column or row resides .
How to Unhide Columns or Rows in Excel
There are a few ways to select and unhide column or rows :
- Right-click the thin double line indicating a hidden row or column and select Unhide.
- Select the two surrounding columns or rows. On the Home tab in the Cells group, click Format > Hide and Unhide and choose either Unhide Rows or Unhide Columns.
- To unhide all columns or all rows in your spreadsheet, select all using the keyboard shortcut Control + A (Command + A on Mac), right-click, and pick Unhide.
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO OF THE DAY
Keep in thinker that while you can hide or unhide either multiple column or multiple rows at the like fourth dimension, you ca n’t hide or unhide both columns and rows simultaneously .
Remember, column and rows are not the only items you can hide and unhide in Excel. And for more ways to work with your data, take a count at how to freeze and lock data in Excel .
10 Reasons Why You Should n’t Use Spotify
About The generator
( 440 Articles Published )
With her BS in Information Technology, Sandy worked for many years in the IT industry as a project Manager, Department Manager, and PMO Lead. She then decided to follow her pipe dream and now writes about technology full-time.
Read more: 4 Ways to Hide Desktop Icons on Windows
From Sandy Writtenhouse
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our newsletter for technical school tips, reviews, release ebooks, and single deals !
Click here to subscribe