How to install an ssl certificate on windows server 2016 (IIS 10)
The SSL certificate is a credibility factor, used to guarantee impregnable and code information exchanges. It is besides used to verify that you are connected to the desired service not to a deceitful knockoff .
This article is the first in a series of articles to guide you through installing your SSL certificates. When choosing your SSL security, it ’ second best to check with your network host or IT department to make indisputable you ’ re choosing the right field option for your entire business .
This is a list of frequently asked questions :
In this first partially, we answer the first of the questions : the steps for installing a Microsoft SSL certificate ( IIS ) If you have not however created a CSR and ordered your certificate, see iraqi intelligence service 10 : How to create your Windows Server 2016 CSR
After validating and issuing your SSL security, you must install it on the Windows 2016 server on which the CSR was generated. then you need to configure the server to use it .
HOW TO INSTALL AND CONFIGURE A SINGLE SSL CERTIFICATE : certificate FOR A DOMAIN
Step 1: On the server where you created the CSR, save the .cer file of the SSL certificate ( for exemplar, your domain_com.cer ) that OXABOX sent you .
Step 2: From Windows Start menu, type Internet information Services ( IIS ) Manager and open it .
Step 3: In Internet Information Services ( IIS ) Manager, in the Connections menu tree ( leave acid ), situate and click the diagnose of the server .
Step 4 : On the server name home page ( in-between acid ), in the IIS department, double-clic k Server certificates.
Step 5 : On the Server Certificates page ( in-between acid ), in the Actions menu ( right pane ), click the Complete security request connect
Step 6 : In the full security request charming, on the Specify the reception from the documentation authority page, do the following, and then click OK:
- File name containing the Click on the … box and browse for and select the .cer file
- Response from the certification authority: ( for case, your_domain_com.cer ) that OXABOX sent to you .
- Familiar Name : Type a friendly mention for the certificate. The friendly name is not region of the certificate ; rather, it is used to identify the certificate. We recommend that you add OXABOX and the termination date at the end of your friendly name, for example : yoursite-oxabox- ( passing date ) .
- Select a store for the newly certificate : From the drop-down list, blue-ribbon Web Hosting .
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
Step 7: now that you have successfully installed your SSL security, you need to assign the security to the appropriate site .
Step 8: In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, in the Connections menu tree ( left paneling ), expand the mention of the server on which the certificate was installed. then expand Sites and click on the site that you want to use the SSL certificate to secure .
Step 9 : On the web site home page, in the Actions menu ( veracious paneling ), under Edit Site, snap on the Links liaison
Step 10 : In the Site Bindings window, click Add .
Step 11: In the Add Site Bindings window, do the following, and then pawl very well :
- Type : From the drop-down number, choice hypertext transfer protocol
- Address IP : From the drop-down list, select the site ’ s IP address or select All Unassigned. .
- Port: Type port 443. The port on which traffic is secured by SSL is port 443 .
- SSL Certificate : From the drop-down list, select your new SSL security ( for exercise, yourdomain.com ) .
Your first SSL certificate is now installed and the web site configured to accept impregnable connections. Test your initiation : Use a different web browser to test that your security is working. Force SSL connection by connecting to your web site using “ hypertext transfer protocol : // ”. You should see the padlock picture in your address bar .
To install and assign an extra SSL certificate, repeat the above steps, if necessity.
Read more: Download XAMPP for Windows – Free – 8.1.0
OXABOX offers you the installation of Microsoft server SSL certificates by our dependent experts. Do not hesitate to contact us .