2.3 Installing MySQL on Microsoft Windows
MySQL 8.0 Server requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable software to run on Windows platforms. Users should make indisputable the box has been installed on the system before installing the server. The package is available at the Microsoft Download Center. additionally, MySQL debug binaries require ocular Studio 2019 to be installed .
MySQL is available for Microsoft Windows 64-bit operating systems only. For back Windows chopine information, see hypertext transfer protocol : //www.mysql.com/support/supportedplatforms/database.html. There are different methods to install MySQL on Microsoft Windows.
MySQL Installer Method
The simple and recommend method is to download MySQL Installer ( for Windows ) and let it install and configure a particular version of MySQL Server as follows :
- Download MySQL Installer from hypertext transfer protocol : //thefartiste.com/downloads/installer/ and execute it .
Unlike the criterion MySQL Installer, the smaller
web-communityversion does not bundle any MySQL applications, but downloads only the MySQL products you choose to install .
- Determine the frame-up type to use for the initial initiation of MySQL products. For example :
- Developer Default : Provides a setup type that includes the selected translation of MySQL Server and other MySQL tools related to MySQL growth, such as MySQL Workbench .
- Server merely : Provides a setup for the selected version of MySQL Server without early products .
- custom : Enables you to select any version of MySQL Server and early MySQL products .
- Install the server example ( and products ) and then begin the server configuration by following the onscreen instructions. For more information about each individual step, see section 184.108.40.206.1, “ MySQL Server Configuration with MySQL Installer ” .
MySQL is now installed. If you configured MySQL as a service, then Windows automatically starts the MySQL waiter every prison term you restart the system. besides, this process installs the MySQL Installer application on the local anesthetic host, which you can use subsequently to upgrade or reconfigure MySQL server .
If you installed MySQL Workbench on your system, consider using it to check your new MySQL server connection. By default option, the program mechanically start after installing MySQL .
Additional Installation Information
It is potential to run MySQL as a standard application or as a Windows service. By using a service, you can monitor and control the operation of the server through the standard Windows service management tools. For more information, see section 220.127.116.11, “ Starting MySQL as a Windows Service ”. To accommodate the
RESTART instruction, the MySQL waiter forks when run as a service or standalone, to enable a monitor process to supervise the server process. In this shell, there are two mysqld processes. If
RESTART capability is not required, the server can be started with the
--no-monitor choice. See section 18.104.22.168, “ RESTART Statement ”. generally, you should install MySQL on Windows using an account that has administrator rights. otherwise, you may encounter problems with sealed operations such as editing the
PATH environment variable or accessing the Service Control
Manager. When install, MySQL does not need to be executed using a exploiter with Administrator privileges. For a list of limitations on the use of MySQL on the Windows platform, see section 2.3.7, “ Windows Platform Restrictions ”. In addition to the MySQL Server box, you may need or want extra components to use MySQL with your lotion or development environment. These include, but are not limited to :
Read more: Download XAMPP for Windows – Free – 8.1.0
- To connect to the MySQL waiter using ODBC, you must have a Connector/ODBC driver. For more information, including facility and configuration instructions, see MySQL Connector/ODBC Developer Guide .
MySQL Installer installs and configures Connector/ODBC for you .
- To use MySQL server with .NET applications, you must have the Connector/NET driver. For more information, including installation and shape instructions, see MySQL Connector/NET Developer Guide .
MySQL Installer installs and configures MySQL Connector/NET for you .
MySQL distributions for Windows can be downloaded from hypertext transfer protocol : //thefartiste.com/downloads/. See department 2.1.3, “ How to Get MySQL ”. MySQL for Windows is available in several distribution formats, detailed here. Generally public speaking, you should use MySQL Installer. It contains more features and MySQL products than the older MSI, is simpler to use than the compress file, and you need no extra tools to get MySQL up and running. MySQL Installer automatically installs MySQL Server and extra MySQL products, creates an options file, starts the server, and enables you to create default exploiter accounts. For more information on choosing a package, see part 2.3.2, “ Choosing an Installation Package ” .
- A MySQL Installer distribution includes MySQL Server and extra MySQL products including MySQL Workbench, and MySQL for Visual Studio. MySQL Installer can besides be used to upgrade these products in the future ( see hypertext transfer protocol : //thefartiste.com/doc/mysql-compat-matrix/en/ ). For instructions on installing MySQL using MySQL Installer, see section 2.3.3, “ MySQL Installer for Windows ” .
- The standard binary distribution ( packaged as a compress file ) contains all of the necessity files that you unpack into your choose placement. This package contains all of the files in the full Windows MSI Installer software, but does not include an installation broadcast. For instructions on installing MySQL using the compressed file, see section 2.3.4, “ Installing MySQL on Microsoft Windows Using a
noinstallZIP Archive ” .
- The reservoir distribution format contains all the code and support files for building the executables using the ocular Studio compiler system. For instructions on building MySQL from beginning on Windows, see department 2.9, “ Installing MySQL from Source ” .
MySQL on Windows Considerations
- Large Table Support If you need tables with a size larger than 4GB, install MySQL on an NTFS or newer file system. Do not forget to use
AVG_ROW_LENGTHwhen you create tables. See section 13.1.20, “ CREATE TABLE Statement ” .
- MySQL and Virus Checking
Virus-scanning software such as Norton/Symantec Anti-Virus on directories containing MySQL data and irregular tables can cause issues, both in terms of the performance of MySQL and the virus-scanning software misidentifying the contents of the files as containing spam. This is due to the fingerprint mechanism used by the virus-scanning software, and the way in which MySQL quickly updates different files, which may be identified as a likely security risk. After installing MySQL Server, it is recommended that you disable virus scanning on the independent directory (
datadir) used to store your MySQL board data. There is normally a system built into the virus-scanning software to enable specific directories to be ignored. In accession, by default, MySQL creates temp files in the standard Windows impermanent directory. To prevent the impermanent files besides being scanned, configure a discriminate impermanent directory for MySQL temp files and add this directory to the virus scanning ejection list. To do this, add a shape option for the
tmpdirparameter to your
my.iniconfiguration charge. For more information, see section 22.214.171.124, “ Creating an Option File ” .