How to enable TLS 1.2 on Windows Server 2008/2016
Note: IF you are running Windows Server 2008 you will need to download the surveil update before go :
hypertext transfer protocol : //support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi
- In the Windows start menu, type regedit and open it
- We strongly recommend backing up your current registry before making any changes. This can be done by clicking File, then Export and the save the backup at a safe location
- Go to the following path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
- Right-click on the empty space in the pane on the right side and choose New > Key
- Name the new key TLS 1.2
- Right-click the empty space on the right side again and add two new keys named Client and Server
- Select the Client key, right-click on the right side, and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name the DWORD DisabledByDefault, right-click on it, and select Modify. The base should be set to Hexadecimal and the value set to 0:
- Create a new DWORD with the name Enabled. The base should be set to Hexadecimal and the value set to 1
- Repeat the process for the Server key, creating the same DWORDS with the same values
- Exit the registry and reboot your server
If anything goes wrong, you can revert to your initial register settings by double-clicking your register backing charge created in step 2.
You can check if your shape is correct by looking up your site in our SSL Labs checker :
hypertext transfer protocol : //trustzone.ssllabs.com
In the Configuration incision, you can see the protocols enabled for your web site.
You can check which protocols are supported on a different translation of Windows by following this liaison :
hypertext transfer protocol : //docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/secauthn/protocols-in-tls-ssl–schannel-ssp-
TRUSTZONE: Your reliable partner
TRUSTZONE was founded in 2004 and has since been the leading SSL/TLS security supplier in Scandinavia. We besides lead the way in supplying the scalable PKI and IoT solutions for encoding, authentication, and automated certificate lifecycle management.
Read more: Download XAMPP for Windows – Free – 8.1.0
The solutions we offer meet the requirements of diverse types of companies and organizations. What your business is certain to gain is a complete palette of compatibility-optimized, in full scalable certificate products and solutions .
Our options are tailored to meet the needs of energetic startups angstrom well as those of global companies. No count if you are in for a few SSL/TLS certificates or you opt for enterprise-grade solutions, at TRUSTZONE, we have got you covered .
We trust you want your caller ’ second operation to run seamlessly and therefore it is all-important you focus on the continuity of your SSL certificates. prevention of their exhalation by automating the whole process through SL360 can help with SSL monitoring and renew SSL certificates in 1 suction stop .