Boot Camp is different because it only allows you to boot your Mac in either macOS or Windows. To switch between the two, you need to shut down and restart your Mac. however, the advantage of Boot Camp is that it ’ south free to use on Intel Macs including those running Catalina, Big Sur and macOS Monterey. Boot Camp is besides the only room to play some games on Mac such as Valorant because they have the Vanguard anti-cheat technology which will not work in Windows on virtual machines such as Parallels. You May besides Like :
Can You Install Windows 11 On M1 Mac’s Using Boot Camp?
first, it ’ randomness authoritative to be mindful that you can not install Windows 11 on M1 Macs using Boot Camp. however, there are ways to install Windows 11 on M1 Macs without Boot Camp. Boot Camp does not work on Apple Silicon M1 Macs. It only works on Intel Macs. If you have any of the pursue M1 chip Macs, you can not install Windows 11 on your Mac .
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- MacBook Pro (13″, M1, 2020)
- Mac mini (M1, 2020)
- iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021)
If you ’ rhenium not certain whether you have an Intel bit or M1 chip Mac simply go to the Apple logo in the circus tent leave of your blind and choose About this Mac.
How To Install Windows 11 On a Mac With Boot Camp
first, you ’ ll need at least 64GB or more release storehouse space on your Mac startup disk to install Windows 11 using Boot Camp. This is the bare minimal you ’ ll need but we strongly recommend at least 128GB of exempt storage quad as automatic Windows updates will quickly eat up that space. The Windows 11 download is around 5GB alone then if you ’ re running low on magnetic disk space, you may need to recover some hard drive space on your Mac to download it. You ’ ll besides need a USB cling with at least 5GB of memory space on to put the Windows 11 ISO file on. You ’ ll besides need to make an edit to the Windows register during the installation process to bypass the TPM restriction in Windows 11. Although installing Windows 11 using Boot Camp is perfectly condom, we besides recommend backing-up your Mac to an external hard drive. With this in take care, follow these instructions to install Windows 11 on a Mac using Boot Camp .
- Download the Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft which is the third option down on the page.
- Insert a USB stick into your Mac and open the Boot Camp assistant which you can find by searching in Spotlight on your Mac for “Boot Camp” or by going to Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp Assistant.
- Click Continue and then select both “Create a Windows 10 or later install disc” (this includes Windows 11) and “Install Windows 10 or later version.”
- Click Continue on your Mac and browse to the Windows 11 ISO file that you downloaded earlier to create the installer on the USB drive. Boot Camp will do this automatically for your when you click Continue.
- You must then decide how much space you want Windows to occupy on your Mac hard drive by dragging the bars representation macOS and Windows. It’s important you estimate this correctly as you cannot resize the partition later. The minimum partition for Windows 11 is 64GB but the more Windows applications or games you intend to install, the more amount of hard drive you should dedicate to Windows. If you need to clear some space on your Mac, you can also get an external hard drive.
- Click Install and Boot Camp will restart your Mac and then take you through the Windows 11 installer just as if your were installing Windows 11 for the first time on a PC. If you are using battery power, Boot Camp will advise you to connect your Mac to the main electricity as the installation will not complete successfully if the battery dies half way through.
Boot Camp will then begin to install Windows 11 on your Mac. During the Windows 11 initiation process you need to take an extra gradation to “ trick ” Windows into thinking your Mac is compatible with it. The reason is because Windows 11 requires a physical TPM 2.0 module which Macs do not have. If you try and install the Microsoft Windows 11 ISO without taking the following footfall, you will receive a “ This calculator is contrastive with Windows 11 ” warning during the facility because it will check for the TPM 2.0 chip on your Mac. The follow steps are all-important to bypass the TPM check in the Windows 11 installer in arrange to install Windows 11 on a Mac. Follow these instructions to bypass the TPM restriction to install Windows 11 on a Mac .
- When the Windows 11 setup screen appears, do not click “Install Now”. Instead, press “Shift+F10” to open the command prompt in Windows.
- In the Command Prompt Window type: “regedit” to open the Registry Editor in Windows 11.
In the Registry Editor browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup. Right suction stop on the Setup booklet and choose New > Key. Set a new name called LabConfig for the keystone and right chink on it. Select New > DWORD (32-bit) and give it the name BypassTPMCheck.
- You must then repeat the above process to bypass the RAM check and Secure Boot check respectively by naming the keys ByPassRAMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck.
- The final step is to double click on these three values you have created and set them to “1”.
You can then quit the Registry Editor and Command Prompt to return to the Windows 11 installer and click “ Install now ” to install Windows 11 on your Mac successfully. once you ’ ve installed Windows 11 in Boot Camp, you can use Windows equitable as if you were on a personal computer. If you want to switch back to macOS at any clock, merely shut down your Mac and then restart by holding down the option keystone as you turn it on.
You will then be given the choice to kick in either macOS or Windows. note that Boot Camp won ’ thymine give up you to run Windows and macOS simultaneously. If you want to be able to switch between both Windows 11 and macOS at the lapp time you need to install Windows on a Mac using Parallels alternatively.