In this article, we ’ ll explain how to make person else a host on Zoom. We ’ ll then look into four frequently asked questions about Zoom meet hosts.
- This Article Contains:
- How to Make Someone Else a Host on Zoom (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- 4 FAQs About Zoom Meeting Host
- Wrap Up
This Article Contains:
( Click on the link to go to a detail section ) Let ’ s bring started.
How to Make Someone Else a Host on Zoom (A Step-By-Step Guide)
On Zoom, you can create a fresh meet, make yourself the host, and then share the meet associate or send a calendar invite. You can even ask participants to join the scheduled meeting through the Meeting ID and password. however, if you as a horde decide to leave the touch – and there is no other host – the attendees won ’ triiodothyronine be able to use the host command features. Don ’ t concern. here are three simple ways you can make another attendant the server of a meet :
1. Pass Host Control and Leave Meeting
The host can assign the server controls to another user and leave the meeting. This allows the merging to continue without bypassing host manipulate to the assigned user. here ’ s a table that explains how farseeing the meeting can continue once the host is changed, based on their subscription plan :
|New Host (Free User)||New Host (Licensed User)|
|Original Host (Licensed User)||No time limit||No time limit|
|Original Host (Free User)||40-minute limit||40-minute limit|
Note : A license exploiter is a give report user. Let ’ s take a front at the following bit-by-bit guides for each type of device :
A. Windows, macOS, and Linux Devices
To assign a new host on your Windows or macOS systems :
- Sign in to your Zoom desktop application.
- Start a new Zoom meeting as the host.
- In the host controls, press End.
- Click Leave Meeting in the new prompt on your screen.
- Select someone to be the new host.
- Finally, tap Assign and Leave.
B. Web App
here ’ s how you can pass host master to another meet player on the web app :
- In the host controls, click Manage to open the participants’ list.
- Hover over the name of the participant you want to make the host and click More.
- Click Make Host > Yes to confirm that you want to make this user the host.
D. iOS and Android Devices
To make another attendant the host :
- Select the Participants button from the bottom of the Zoom window.
- Select the name of the participant from the Participants panel whom you want to make the host.
- Click Host and then OK to confirm that you want to make this participant the host.
2. Add a Co-Host
A host can use the co-host feature to share hosting privileges with another exploiter. These privileges allow co-hosts to handle the administrative side of a Zoom predict, like managing participants or starting or stopping seance commemorate. Please note that entirely the host can assign a co-host. But you can assign an unlimited count of co-hosts you can have in a merging or webinar. here are some prerequisites you must follow for Zoom Desktop node :
- Windows version 3.5 or higher.
- macOS version 3.5 or higher.
- Linux version 3.5 or higher.
And for Zoom Mobile App, you must have :
- Android version 3.5 or higher.
- iOS version 3.5 or higher.
additionally, you should be using the Pro, Business, Education, or API Partner plan. Before you make co-host, you need to enable the co-host feature for all members of your arrangement :
- Sign in to your Zoom account on the web as an administrator so that you can configure the Account Settings.
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management > Account Settings.
- Under the Meeting tab, verify that the co-host setting is enabled.
- Click the toggle icon to enable it.
now you can add participants as co-hosts in your future meet. To do so :
- In your meeting window, select the Manage Participants button.
- Hover over the name you want to make co-host.
- Now, click on the More option.
- Select Make Co-host from the drop-down menu.
- Click Yes in the confirmation window.
3. Add an Alternative Host
Another way to make person else a horde on Zoom is to add an alternative master of ceremonies. A accredited user can select another licensed drug user to become the alternative host. The selected user will then be notified via e-mail. The e-mail should contain all the instructions to start the meet themselves. furthermore, the understudy host can besides get the schedule privilege for future meetings.
A. Windows or Mac Devices
Follow these instructions to add an alternate master of ceremonies :
- Log in to the Zoom app on your computer.
- Select Schedule > Advanced Options.
- Insert the name or email address in the “Alternative Host” box.
- Press Schedule to implement the changes.
Tip : If you ’ re using the alternative host feature for a webinar, ensure that the original horde has a Zoom webinar accessory.
B. Web App
To add an alternative master of ceremonies through the world wide web app :
- Login to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Meetings, and click Schedule A Meeting.
- Enter the alternative host’s email address in the Alternative Host field.
- Press Save to finish.
C. iOS and Android Devices
here ’ s how you can add an option host on your mobile :
- Sign in to the Zoom Mobile App and tap Schedule.
- Go to Advanced Options and select Alternative Hosts.
- Pick the users you’d like to add as alternative hosts. You can also enter their email addresses.
- Press Done (iOS) or Schedule (Android) to finish scheduling.
now that you know how to add person else as the host, let ’ s attend at some FAQs.
4 FAQs About Zoom Meeting Host
Let ’ s check out some frequently asked questions regarding Zoom host :
1. Why Don’t I See the Option to Enable the Co-Host Setting?
Users on the release plan can not add a co-host to their meetings. so, if you followed the instructions mentioned above and toggled on the trade for co-host but placid don ’ metric ton see the option, it ’ s probable because you don ’ t have a Pro account.
2. Can I Have More Than One Host?
No, you can ’ thymine. however, while you can only have one host for a Zoom meet, you can add an unlimited number of co-hosts. Note : Adding co-hosts to your meet is a premium feature. Zoom ’ randomness paid plans start at $ 149.90 /year per license.
3. What Happens When the Host is Disconnected?
When the host gets disconnected for whatever reason, the Zoom session will continue. And if there is a co-host assigned, that assignee will mechanically become the host. however, if no co-host is available, the school term will continue without the host. The attendees won ’ triiodothyronine be able to use the host controls like :
- Mute or unmute all.
- Lock meeting.
- Remove attendees.
When the host rejoins the ongoing school term, their privileges will mechanically be restored to the host.
4. What Can a Co-Host Do on Zoom?
Co-hosts enjoy about all privileges as hosts. But there are a few limitations. here ’ s what they can ’ t do :
- Start or end meetings.
- Give someone else co-hosting privileges.
- Start closed captioning or assign an attendee to do it.
- Create a waiting room or breakout room.
- Start live streaming.
now, let ’ s check out some server privileges that apply to co-hosts excessively :
- Manage participants.
- Start and edit a poll.
- Start or stop a Zoom recording.
- Perform screen sharing.
Zoom ’ s pass control feature can help you get out of catchy situations when you ’ re the host. Before leaving the suffer, you can either make person else a host, add a co-host, or add an alternative master of ceremonies. This will allow your team to continue the meeting without any interruptions. Go through the detail instructions mentioned in this article to learn how you can make person else a host on Zoom.
Get more stuff like this
In your Inbox
sign to our mailing list and get interesting material on distant sour and productivity to your electronic mail inbox. We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously.