Using Zoom to Record a Presentation
Why use this?
Zoom is a virtual conferencing tool. In addition to host and record meetings, Zoom can be used for office hours, live lectures, and recording microlectures. Students can use it to communite with classmates, study groups, work on group projects, and phonograph record presentations. Staff can use it to record information for the campus community. Watch this exercise of a video presentation created using Zoom
There may be times you want to live stream your class, hold position hours for students who ca n’t come to meet you in person, or bring a node loudspeaker to your class without them being in the board. Staff may want to use it to collaborate with colleagues or with person off campus. Our live Stream Using Zoom steer will step you through that procedure .
Preparing Your Zoom Account
- Login to https://csusm.zoom.us with your CSUSM campus credentials.
- If Zoom isn’t installed on your computer, you will be prompted to download it and
- When you login, look to the left side of the screen for the Personal header and select the Profile option.
- Look in the right column for the Personal Meeting ID and Personal Link sections. The
Personal Link will display
How to record
1. Go to https : //csusm.zoom.us / and login with your campus credentials to get started or download the program .
2. outdoors Zoom
3. In the Zoom window, click on the New Meeting button
4. It will open Zoom with your video camera turned on or off ( depending on your preferences )
5. On the bottom left, click on the Audio button to test your mic and loudspeaker. Click on the Start television push button ( if desired ) to show yourself and not just an picture .
6. Open the PowerPoint Presentation or website you want to display .
7. Click to Share Screen Share Screen clitoris
8. Select the PowerPoint presentation window or desktop and snap on the Share clitoris
9. You will see your screen display with green around the edges .
10. Roll your mouse over the top of the screen where you see the greens barroom. A navigation obstruct will display. Roll over to the three dots above More to see record and other options .
Read more: Integral of tan x (video) | Khan Academy
12. Choose the “Record to Cloud” option so you get a liaison to add to Cougar Courses. Choose “Record on this Computer” if you want to edit and upload to YouTube unlisted. Recording starts correct off.
13. If you are muted, you will see a message to unmute yourself.
14. You will see a red light flashing on the green ID section of the seafaring bar during the recording.
15. Use the down arrow to advance your slides as you present your presentation. Open and close other programs as needed if sharing the background .
16. When you are finished, roll your mouse over the top of your screen on the green bar to display the navigation bar. Click on the More picture and choose “Stop Recording” from the list .
17. Confirm you want to stop the cloud recording.
18. Cancel the shield parcel by clicking on the “ Stop Share ” button on the navigation bar .
19. You will be taken back to the Zoom touch window
17. On the bottomland right, click on the End of Meeting button
18. Click on the End Meeting for All button
Read more: Integration Rules
19. You will receive an e-mail within a couple minutes confirming the merging is being processed and available. Instructors will post the “ Share recording with viewers ” link in Cougar Courses for your students using the URL joyride. Students will submit to a forum or appointment in Cougar Courses. Staff will send the liaison to colleagues via e-mail .