many services offer ways to record video recording meetings, even on their complimentary versions. We ’ ve outlined here how to set up recordings for three well-known services : Zoom, Google Meet, and Skype .
Zoom lets you record calls whether you ’ re a exempt drug user or a paid drug user. however, if you ’ re a free drug user, you ’ ll only be able to save recordings to your computer. If you want to save recordings to the overcast, you ’ ll need to be on one of the party ’ s paid offerings. Those plans start at $ 14.99 per user per month for its Pro plan and $ 1,800 per year for schools .
here ’ s how to record a Zoom meet :
- If you’re the host of your Zoom call, click the record button on the toolbar at the bottom of the call window to start the recording. If you’re on a paid plan, you should see the option to pick between making a local recording or a cloud recording.
- When the recording starts, you’ll be able to pause or stop the recording using buttons in the top left corner of your screen or on the Zoom toolbar.
- If you opted for a local recording, the call will be converted into a .mp4 file and saved to your computer as soon as you end your meeting. In my testing, Zoom automatically opened the Finder window to the folder with both audio and video versions of the recording.
- If you opted for a cloud recording, when you end your meeting, Zoom will show you a message saying that you’ll get an email when the recording is ready. For me, that email had a link to Zoom’s website with audio and video versions of the recording, as well as a password-protected link I could share with others so they could view and download the recording.
Zoom ’ mho web site has back documents for cloud recordings, local recordings, and recording using Zoom ’ s io and Android apps if you want to learn more. The company besides put together a helpful video that demonstrates how to record a call when you ’ re using a calculator .
For a limited fourth dimension, anybody who is a G Suite customer should be able to record a call via Google Meet. That ’ mho because Google has opened up free access to record and other advanced Meet features until September 30th. After that date, television recording in Meet will presumably revert to only being available for customers of G Suite Enterprise, which costs $ 25 per user per calendar month, and G Suite Enterprise for Education, which costs $ 48 per user per class ( though Google is offering lower promotional price until July 31st under certain circumstances ). If you plan to host video meetings via the unblock version of Google Meet that ’ s rolling out over the come weeks, though, you won ’ metric ton be able to make recordings, Google tells The Verge.
Read more: Integration Rules
here ’ s how to record a Google Meet call. note that I was not able to personally test these steps myself ; the record have wasn ’ thyroxine enabled for the G Suite account I use at work ( or for the account of a colleague who has a personal G Suite account ). If you don ’ thymine see the recording option after following the steps below, it may not have rolled out to your account yet, or your company ’ mho G Suite settings may not let you make recordings .
- Once you’re in the meeting, click the icon with the three vertical dots in the lower right hand of your screen. A menu will appear, and on the top of it, you should see a “Record meeting” option. Click that to start recording. The meeting organizer or anyone in the same organization as the host can record a meeting, according to Google.
- To stop recording, click the three vertical dots again and click the “Stop recording” menu option at the top of the list.
- Recordings will be saved to the meeting organizer’s Google Drive in a folder called “Meet Recordings.” The organizer will also receive an email with a link to the recording. If you aren’t the meeting organizer but activated a recording, you’ll also be emailed a link to the recording. A link to the recording will also be added to the calendar invite.
Google has extra details about meet recordings in this accompaniment document, and you can see a television about recording in Meet here .
here ’ s how to record a Skype call .
- You’ll need to have at least one other person on your call to do a call recording. Once the other person has joined, you should see an option to “Start Recording” in the bottom left corner of your call window when you move your mouse. Either person can click on that to start a recording.
- To stop recording, click the “Stop recording” button at the top of the screen or in the same bottom left corner of the window where the “Start Recording” button was.
- When you end your call, you’ll be able to access the recording in the Skype app and download it to your computer. Recordings will be available for 30 days.
You can besides check out Microsoft ’ s subscribe document about call recording in Skype if you want to learn more .