Another major lawsuit, however, are missing or corrupted software libraries that allow programs to run on Windows. A “ vcruntime140.dll is missing ” error, for exemplify, points to a missing or corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ runtime facility. If you want to fix this issue, here ’ s what you ’ ll need to do .
table of Contents
Repairing or Removing a Microsoft Visual C++ Installation
The vcruntime140.dll file is partially of the Microsoft Visual C++ software runtime library. Provided by Microsoft, this library is used as partially of the process of compiling software ( created in C++ using Visual Studio ) to run on Windows PCs. If the charge is missing, the “ vcruntime140.dll is missing ” error will appear.
To fix this return, the first thing you should attempt is to repair the Visual C++ initiation on your personal computer. If that doesn ’ t function, you should remove it entirely by following these steps, then proceed to the future section to reinstall it .
- To repair a Visual C++ installation, you’ll need to open the Settings menu. To do this, right-click the Windows Start menu and select the Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, select Apps > Apps & features. On the left, you’ll see a list of installed apps. Scroll through the list or use the search bar until you find the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable option listed. If it’s missing, proceed to the next section.
- If the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable option is listed, however, select it, then select the Modify option.
- In the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable window that opens, select the Repair option.
- Allow the process to complete, then restart your PC. If you still see a “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error, you’ll need to remove the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime entirely and reinstall it. To do this, select Uninstall > Uninstall in the Settings > Apps > Apps & features menu.
- In the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable window that opens, select the Uninstall option and allow the process to complete. Once it’s finished, restart your PC and continue to the next section.
Installing or Reinstalling a Microsoft Visual C++ Installation
Without the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library installed, software that relies on it won ’ triiodothyronine influence, so you ’ ll indigence to install it. You ’ ll besides need to do this if you ’ ve removed a corrupted facility previously .
- First, head to the Visual Studio website to download the latest version of the software runtime library. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page, then select the Other Tools, Frameworks, and Redistributables category to view the available options. From there, select the correct CPU architecture for your PC (eg. x64 for 64-bit PCs, x86 for 32-bit PCs, or ARM64 for ARM-based devices), then select the Download button.
- Run the installer file (eg. VC_redist.x64.exe) once the download is complete. In the installer window, accept the license terms by selecting the checkbox provided, then select the Install button to proceed.
- Allow the installer a few moments to complete. If it installs without any issues, select the Close button to close the window, then restart your PC.
This should, for most users, resolve the “ vcruntime140.dll is missing ” error on Windows 10 PCs. however, if the software you ’ re running requires an older translation of the Visual C++ runtime ( before 2015 ), you ’ ll motivation to download and install the older translation rather .
You may besides be able to fix the issue by removing and reinstalling software that has an older version of the Visual C++ runtime installer included. This is common in larger software bundles, such as games, that require multiple runtime libraries to work correctly .
By reinstalling software that ’ s coupled with an older ocular C++ runtime installer, the particular adaptation of that library required to run the software should mechanically reinstall itself and resolve any lingering issues.
Running Windows Update
The Microsoft Visual C++ runtime receives security updates through Windows Update, just like other major Windows services. If you ’ re having disturb with a “ vcruntime140.dll is missing ” mistake, it might be worth checking for any late updates using the Windows Update serve .
While this is improbable to fix a break facility, installing new updates could repair your initiation mechanically. You can check for new system updates in the Settings menu .
- To access this, right-click the Start menu, then select the Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, select the Update & Security option, then select Windows Update in the next menu.
- Select the Check for Updates option to search for new updates. If there are updates pending, select the Restart now option instead.
Windows will check for updates and install any that are presently pending. once installed, you ’ ll need to restart your personal computer to ensure that they ’ ve been correctly applied. You should then check your software to see if the missing runtime exit is resolved .
Downloading DLL Files Online
If very specific error messages like “ vcruntime140.dll is missing ” startle to appear, you might be tempted to reservoir the file on-line to fix it. assorted DLL download sites exist, allowing you to quickly download the missing charge to resolve the write out .
We would recommend avoiding sites like these, however. DLL files are crucial elements of the Windows manoeuver system that allow software to interact with more restricted Windows components. Unless you absolutely trust the reference, it ’ mho normally a better idea to remove and reinstall the integral Visual C++ runtime library rather .
This should resolve the exit for most users, but if you ’ re still having issues, you could source the file from another personal computer in your network as a last haunt.
Keeping Windows 10 Maintained
The steps above should help you to fix a “ vcruntime140.dll is missing ” error on your Windows 10 personal computer. In most cases, repairing the installation or reinstalling the Visual C++ redistributable should fix the issue, but you may besides need to look at removing and reinstalling any affected software .
A miss DLL file is normally a sign of a personal computer that ’ second having some issues, which is why it ’ second authoritative to keep up with regular personal computer care. You can do this by keeping Windows updated to ensure you have the latest bug fixes, a well as running regular malware scans to remove malware that could leave your personal computer at risk .