- Before you Begin
- Recording a Meeting
- Tips for Recording a Meeting to the Cloud
- Alternatives to Zoom Recording
- Troubleshooting Your Recordings
- Need Assistance ?
- similar Articles
The features mentioned in this article reflect the latest interpretation of the Zoom desktop customer. For information on how to update Zoom, see Updating Zoom
zoom allows meetings to be recorded. These recordings may be saved either locally to your computer or to the obscure .
Before you Begin
Recording Zoom meetings locally to your computer is available to anyone with a Zoom license. As of Summer semester 2020, path instructors will have access to Zoom Cloud Recording mechanically. however, Staff members that want access to Zoom Cloud Recording will need to request it. Staff can make a request for Zoom Cloud Recording by submitting a assistant ticket at hypertext transfer protocol : //thefartiste.com/get-it-help .
The following must be understood prior to recording your meetings in any location:
- Consent must be provided by all meeting attendees before recording the session.
- Zoom recordings should avoid gallery view (thumbprint-sized photos) to avoid any violation of FERPA. Meeting hosts should change their view prior to recording. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: Switching Views in a Zoom Meeting.
- Information on FERPA may be found here.
- Recordings or screenshots of meetings should not be shared or posted to external services (e.g. social media).
- Cloud storage is shared by all ISU users and is limited. It is highly recommended that Zoom meetings be stored on your computer as recordings may be deleted from cloud storage to free up space for others.
- Recording a meeting makes it more vulnerable to being shared with others and/or downloaded to personal computers.
Recording a Meeting
Below are some quick tips on recording a merging locally and to the cloud. besides below are two articles that detail recording locally and to the mottle, respectfully.
consent must be provided by all meeting attendees before recording the school term. Zoom will prompt all participants with a notice to accept before joining a recorded touch. The prompt will look like the model below .
- Start your suffer as the horde.
Read more: Integral of tan x (video) | Khan Academy
only hosts and co-hosts can start a cloud record. Participants will only be able to record to their calculator unless you make them a co-host .
- Click the Record button in the Zoom toolbar.
- Select Record to the Computer if you want to record locally. Select Record to the Cloud if you want to record your meeting to the cloud.
- When your presentation is finished, click Pause/Stop Recording or End Meeting.
once the record has stopped, local recordings will automatically open once the read has processed. In the folder you will see the files for audio and video portions of the record. If recording to the cloud, the meet host will receive a notice that an electronic mail will be sent to your ISU e-mail report once the cloud recording is quick. swarm recordings are not available immediately, it may take several hours before they are available. This e-mail contains links to view the read details and to share your recording with viewers .
Tips for Recording a Meeting to the Cloud
These tips are for those who have been granted access to Zoom Cloud Recording. As of Summer 2020, course instructors will mechanically have the ability to record Zoom meetings to the Cloud. Staff will need to request it. If you do not have access to Zoom Cloud read, you can ignore these tips and skip to the adjacent section, ‘Alternatives to Zoom Recording ‘. While functionally, the steps for recording locally are the lapp for recording a meet to the cloud, there are some tips to be aware of to ensure you have the smoothest experience with Cloud recording .
- In your Zoom Account Settings, (accessible by going to illinoisstate.zoom.us and logging in with your ULID and Password) if you set your meeting recordings to start automatically, ensure you specify in Settings where the recording will be saved – either locally to your computer or to the cloud. This setting can be found under Settings → Recordings → Automatic Recording.
- Instructors can enable email notifications for when a cloud recording is complete and available, since saving a recording to the cloud takes time to render. This setting can be found under Settings → Meeting → Email Notification.
- Users who are recording a meeting to the cloud can specify what can be recorded during the meeting (i.e., only audio, chat, video, etc.). This setting can be found under Settings → Recording → Cloud Recording.
Alternatives to Zoom Recording
The following alternatives are available for use before recording and storing lectures online. Items listed in the Before you Begin section must besides be adhered to in these tools. More data and how-tos on these option tools are available at hypertext transfer protocol : //ctlt.illinoisstate.edu/keepteaching/lecture-record/
Zoom Recording Alternatives
- Record Narration Directly in PowerPoint
- Screencast-O-Matic Pro
Where to Store Recorded Lectures/Meetings
- ReggieNet Resources Tool
- Microsoft Stream
Troubleshooting Your Recordings
Below are some common trouble-shoot methods for Zoom recordings. Please review the tips below, and if your write out is not covered in this trouble-shoot part, please call the Technology Support Center at ( 309 ) -438-4357, or submit a help ticket at hypertext transfer protocol : //thefartiste.com/get-it-help .
How long will it take to render my Zoom recording?
There are multiple variables when it comes to rendering a Zoom meet. These variables include how hanker the meet ran, if there was screen door communion, how much server space there is, and more. The longer the meet, the longer the rendition prison term will be. If you find that your recording is taking an unusually long time to render, please do not attempt to restart your machine, as it can corrupt the record. Your recording should not take longer than a match of hours to render.
I turned off my machine while my recording was rendering and now the recording is gone. What happened?
If you turn off your machine while your read is rendering, you will corrupt the television file and the video will not be saved. Please invalidate turning off your machine or putting it into sleep mood while the video recording is rendering. To find out more about defile recordings, please travel to this Zoom Knowledge Base Website for more information .
I saved my recording, but it is nowhere to be found. What happened?
By default, your read meet should be saved in your Documents folder under a folder named Zoom. You can specify where you would like to save your recording if you would quite it be saved somewhere else on your computer. To find out more about locating Zoom recordings, please visit this Zoom Knowledge Base Website for more data .
Need Assistance ?