1 : Windows Built-in Features ( Keyboard shortcuts and Programs )
2 : use Snagit – an All-in-one screen capture software
Method 1: Windows Built-in Features (Keyboard shortcuts and Programs)
The quickest room to take a screenshot is by using hotkeys on your keyboard. You could besides use the Snipping Tool, which is a broadcast that comes with Windows 8. They ’ ra free and easy to use. Check out the options below and follow the match steps :
You may find the Print Screen key displayed as PrtSc on your keyboard.
Option 1: Press Print Screen key (PrtScn)
If you want to capture the solid screen, function this hotkey :
- Press PrtScn key on your keyboard.
- The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard. You can paste the screenshot into the Paint program, make simple edits and save it to your PC.
Option 2: Press Alt and PrtScn key
If you want to capture a particular windowpane, use this keyboard shortcut :
- Select the window you want to capture to make it the active window.
- Press Alt and PrtScn key.
- It will capture a screenshot of the active window and copy it to the clipboard.
Option 3: Press Windows Logo key and PrtScn key
- Press Windows logo key and PrtScn key.
- The screen will dim for a second as it saves a picture of the whole screen captured to your PC.
- Press Windows logo key and E at the same time to open Windows File Explorer.
- Go to C:Usersyour user namePicturesScreenshots to locate the screenshot.
Option 4: Take a partial screenshot with Snipping Tool
- Press Windows logo key, move your mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner of your screen, then move upward to invoke the menu.
- Type Snipping Tool in the search bar and click the result to open the program.
- Click New to create a screenshot.
- You will be able to make simple edits before you save.
Method 2: Use Snagit – an All-in-one screen capture software
If you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to switch back and ahead between windows to create a screenshot, why not give third-party tools a try ?
Snagit is our best pick. From taking a snapshot to adding notes on the movie, the all-in-one feature besides allows you to record the screen with multiple end product destinations provided .
Snagit provides a 15-day free trial with no limitations on its usage, so feel free to download it and try out the edit tools. The postdate steps will give you a brief theme of how Snagit works :
- Download and install Snagit, run the software.
- Click Capture to take a screenshot, or use the default hotkey – PrtScn key. You can drag the screen to include the area you need.
- Attached is an example of some useful tools available in the Snagit editor.
hopefully this article helps ! Please feel spare to leave a gloss if you have any far questions or suggestions .