How to Zoom and FaceTime: Staying Connected With Friends and Family
Staying connected is what life is all about in a Cornerstone community … and that will never stop being our “ cornerstone, ” even during social outdistance times. Thanks to modern television tools, you can still connect with your neighbors, family and friends right from the comfort of your home or patio ! Thanks to the internet we can video old world chat on our smartphones, our computers or television receiver ! There are several tools that are easily and playfulness to use. We ’ rhenium focusing on two of our very favorites, Zoom and FaceTime, because they ’ ra convenient and authentic, whether you want to start a virtual book club with neighbors, “ share ” coffee with a friend in the morning, organize a virtual glad hour, or teach your grandchildren your latest recipe. Stay # social while social outdistance !
How to Use Zoom
- Visit https://zoom.us/,
- Click “Sign Up” and create an account with your email address
- Once you’ve signed up, you can start your own video chat:
- Click the “Meetings” icon
- You’ll see your Personal Meeting ID (write it down and send it to your friends)!
- Click the “Home” icon on your computer, or the “Meet & Chat” icon on your smartphone
- Click “Start with video” on your computer, or “New Meeting” on your smartphone
- Once your friends enter your 10-digit Personal Meeting ID, they’ll join the video chat!
- You can also join a friend’s video chat by entering their Personal Meeting ID:
- Click “Join” on either your computer or smartphone, and enter the 10 digits they give you
How to Use FaceTime (only for Apple products)
- FaceTime from your computer with one person or a group:
- Locate the “FaceTime” icon (bright green)
- If you can’t find it, click on the “Finder” icon at the bottom of your screen (blue and white with a smiley face) > click “Applications” on the left > scroll to find the “FaceTime” icon
- Once you’re in, type in the name, email, or phone number of the person you want to video chat with (for more than one person, separate information by commas)
- Click the camera icon and voila!
- FaceTime with one person from your iPhone:
- Click on the “Contacts” icon
- Scroll and click the person’s name that you want to video chat with
- Click on “video” or “FaceTime” and you’re in
- FaceTime with a group from your iPhone:
- Start a “group chat” in your “Messages” (click “Messages” > click the circular blue button in the top right corner > type in all of the names of the people you want to video chat with)
- Once you have your group chat, click the icons at the very top where it says “# people”
- Click “FaceTime” and you’re off!
right now, when we list the things we are grateful for, I ’ megabyte adding the internet ! ! ! not only can we stay connected to those we miss, but there are opportunities for teach, listening to concerts, and even staying connected to church services. Who would have thought ! so be adventurous and give it a try ! Cornerstone Cares: stay safe and healthy, and keep your dreams alive ! We are here to answer any questions, make a private appointment, or provide FaceTime tours personalized precisely for you ! !