Zoom is a video conferencing solution that allows people to easily setup, master of ceremonies, and join video chats for outside meetings, work, or even just social events .
If you are an iPhone or iPad user and besides one of the countless people who are presently working from home during this COVID-19 lockdown period, you ’ ll be pleased to know that Zoom makes television conferencing quite easy. And even without the COVID-19 outbreak, using Zoom for group video conferences and work-related meetings is easy and convenient.
There are several video conferencing applications that are available nowadays, but Zoom is chiefly targeting businesses and institutions that are out there. With many schools and colleges being shut down ascribable to the ball-shaped pandemic, several educational institutions have even begun on-line classes with the help oneself of Zoom, as it ’ s capable of hosting up to 100 participants for 40 minutes, even on the free plan .
Are you trying to host or join a Zoom meet from your io or ipadOS device ? here we ’ ll be discussing how you can set up, host and join a Zoom meet on both the iPhone and iPad .
How to Setup, Host & Join a Zoom Meeting on iPhone & iPad
Before you go ahead with the operation, you ’ ll need to install Zoom from the Apple App Store. After you have the Zoom app on your device, go ahead and follow the necessary steps to properly host or participate in a Zoom converge on your io or iPadOS device :
- Open the Zoom app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose “Sign Up” if you don’t have a Zoom account. It’s worth noting that you don’t really need an account to join a zoom meeting. However, it’s necessary if you’re hosting it.
- Now, enter your name, e-mail address and tap on “Sign Up” located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll receive a verification e-mail for activating your Zoom account. Simply select “Activate Account” and enter a preferred password to create the account.
- Now, you’ll see a bunch of different options when you open the Zoom app. You can host, join and schedule zoom meetings right on your iPhone or iPad. Additionally, you’ll also be able to screenshare with the participants. In order to host a meeting, select “New Meeting”.
- Here, make sure the toggle for “Use Personal Meeting ID” is enabled and then tap on “Start a Meeting”.
- This will launch your iPhone or iPad camera and start the Zoom meeting. Here, you’ll be able to see the participants, share content and do a lot more. Simply tap “End” to exit the meeting.
- If you want to join a Zoom meeting, head back to the main menu and select “Join”.
- You’ll need to enter a Meeting ID that was provided to you by the host and then tap “Join”. Alternatively, you can also join the meeting with a personal link name.
now you know how to host Zoom meetings and join a Zoom meet right from your iPhone or iPad. Pretty easy, veracious ?
As mentioned before, Zoom is by and large aimed at business, education, and institutional work, but many people are besides using it privately besides. Of course if you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, then you can besides use those devices natively for video chats excessively, but if you ’ re unfamiliar you an learn about using Group FaceTime calls on iPhone and iPad for group video new world chat and how to make group FaceTime video calls on Mac .
If you own multiple io and iPadOS devices, you can use one of your devices to record video and another device to screenshare capacity with your participants. This feature could come in handy during an on-line call on the carpet or presentation .
zoom offers both free and paid subscription plans. The spare design has a 40-minute restrict on group meetings and able of hosting up to 100 participants. If you want a longer duration specify on your Zoom meetings, you ’ ll need to subscribe to the Pro plan that costs $ 14.99 a calendar month and lets you host 24-hour meetings. additionally, the $ 19.99/month business plan will let you host up to 300 participants in a one meet .
Although Zoom has been available for a while, the avail has recently grown in popularity among businesses, medical offices, high schools, and college students, as companies and educational institutions are resorting to online meetings and classrooms due to the massive ball-shaped COVID-19 outbreak. Whatever the argue, Zoom can work for handling crucial meetings, as many people are stuck at family for schooling and work.
Did you manage to host or join your Zoom meet on your iPhone or iPad without any issues ? How does it compare to other popular video conferencing solutions Skype, Slack, Hangouts and more ? Do let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section down below .