Nintendo Switch is one of the favorite consoles for people who prefer portability. And what better way to improve portability and public toilet than partnering it up with a pair of wireless headphones ?
however, connecting Bluetooth headphones to Switch is easier said than done .
In fact, until the latest upgrade, it wasn ’ t even possible ! therefore, leaving many gamers no option but to stick with wire headphones.
good newsworthiness, though ! Connecting your Bluetooth headphones to Nintendo Switch has never been easier this year, giving you more options to choose from. And this article will go through all that. therefore without far bustle, let ’ s start !
- Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Nintendo Switch?
- How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Nintendo Switch
- Limitations of Nintendo Switch’s Built-in Bluetooth Audio Support
- How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Switch using Bluetooth Adapters
- How to Use Bluetooth Headphones on Switch Without Buying a Dongle
- Best Bluetooth Audio Transmitters for Nintendo Switch
Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Nintendo Switch?
Yes, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to Switch !
however, this is just a late development. As previously noted, Switch was not initially designed to work with Bluetooth headphones. This is because Bluetooth connectivity was only reserved for its wireless controllers. There was merely no board to include Bluetooth audio support .
It wasn ’ triiodothyronine until Nintendo released the 4.0 system update on Switch that a solution was provided. This update enabled Bluetooth headphones on Nintendo Switch via Bluetooth adapters .
This feature was never formally announced by Nintendo, so it was a welcome surprise when Reddit users unearthed this confidential. so far, while the update was great, it wasn ’ thymine perfective as it required users to spend more on Bluetooth audio dongles and do a few settings tweaks for it to work. That ’ randomness why it rocked the Switch community when Nintendo last announced the widely-requested built-in Bluetooth audio documentation on its latest update, adaptation 13.0, this September 2021 .
last, after four years of waiting, Nintendo Switch users can now use their Bluetooth-enabled headsets without any third-party adapters !
sadly, this new feature comes with a few limitations. For example, you can only use two radio receiver controllers if your Bluetooth headphones are connected. We shall cover more on this as we go on .
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Nintendo Switch
The Switch system ’ s 13.0 firmware update makes it easy to connect your Bluetooth headphones to the console table. however, for this to work, make sure to update your Nintendo Switch to the latest translation before attempting to pair it with your Bluetooth headphones .
When everything is set, follow the steps below to connect both devices :
- Ensure that your Nintendo Switch system is only paired with two wireless controllers. Then turn on your Bluetooth headphones and set them to pairing mode. The coupling process may vary depending on the exemplar you have. Take Bose headphones for exercise. You need to slide the ability button all the way up to the Bluetooth symbol. then you need to hold it there until you hear “ Ready to pair. ”https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/How-to-Connect-Bluetooth-Headphones-to-Nintendo-Switch-1.mp4
- Navigate to System Settings from the Nintendo Switch Home menu.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/How-to-Connect-Bluetooth-Headphones-to-Nintendo-Switch-2.mp4
- Move down to Bluetooth Audio and select ‘Pair’. This forces the system to initiate a search of available Bluetooth audio devices that are within range.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/How-to-Connect-Bluetooth-Headphones-to-Nintendo-Switch-3.mp4
- From the list of available devices, select your Bluetooth headphone’s name to get connected.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/How-to-Connect-Bluetooth-Headphones-to-Nintendo-Switch-4.mp4
If your headphones disconnect or are unable to pair, consider restarting the cabinet then repeating the steps highlighted above .
Limitations of Nintendo Switch’s Built-in Bluetooth Audio Support
While the new built-in Bluetooth audio support gives you freedom from wires when using your cabinet, it isn ’ triiodothyronine without flaws. here ’ s a breakdown of some of its limitations :
Number of wireless controllers
When in Bluetooth sound recording mood, the console can only connect to two radio receiver controllers at a time. Nintendo besides indicates that a individual pair of Joy-Con controllers counts as two .
This means that if you are playing a two-player game with Bluetooth headsets, you ’ ll both have to turn your Joy-Con control to the side for a comfortable handle .
professional lean : alternatively, you could both use the Nintendo Switch Pro restrainer for a better feel of the buttons and more comfort .
Number of Bluetooth devices
While the Switch system can save up to 10 Bluetooth devices, you can lone connect one Bluetooth headset at a time. sol, if you already have 10 Bluetooth devices saved and want to add a new headset or radio receiver accountant, you must remove one of them first .
No local communication support
You should besides know that Bluetooth audio patronize will disconnect when local radio receiver communication is active. This means that you can ’ metric ton use your Bluetooth headphones when playing local multiplayer games that link two Switch systems together .
No Bluetooth mic support
The Nintendo Switch doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate confirm Bluetooth mics and disables your headset ’ s microphone by nonpayment. While most Switch games typically don ’ thyroxine support mic audio, this can still be a huge bummer if you would like to use your headsets to communicate with other players via voice chat .
however, using a dongle with a built-in microphone could provide a way around this .
You can besides expect to experience some audio stave with some Bluetooth headsets. This is because Nintendo Switch utilizes Bluetooth 4.1, rather of the more latest Buetooth 5. besides, it turns out that Nintendo Switch ’ s built-in Bluetooth audio only support the SBC codec. unfortunately, this is the most common audio codec, and besides the most susceptible to audio lags and connection issues .
The stay between the on-screen legal action and audio can be so detectable that it may negatively affect your gambling and coerce you to ditch your headphones .
Consider using a unmarried pro accountant rather of two Joy-Cons to reduce the audio slowdown. alternatively, you could get a Bluetooth 5.0 and aptX subscribe arranger to eliminate the audio lag .
Can’t track lost controllers
last, when Bluetooth audio is connected, you can ’ thyroxine use the Controllers menu to find miss controllers or change grip/order .
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Switch using Bluetooth Adapters
As mentioned earlier, while Nintendo Switch ’ s built-in Bluetooth is no doubt a valuable addition, it ’ s decidedly far from perfect because of the versatile limitations. That ’ second why some people may opt to silent use Bluetooth dongles or adapters rather .
Besides, investing in one can help with a long ton of things. Using adapters can let you use more than two radio receiver controllers simultaneously, play with your friends via LAN connection, or even avoid audio lags and enjoy game old world chat ! And, if you ’ re worried about whether this is a smart bribe, consider that this can however be cost-efficient particularly if you buy something that besides works with other consoles like PS4/5 or Xbox .
There are different ways to use Bluetooth adapters with Nintendo Switch, depending on the type of adapter you have. Let ’ s hash out each of them below !
Using a USB-A Bluetooth adapter
Whether you already have a Bluetooth headset that already comes with a USB dongle or a third-party USB-A dongle, this type works best with Nintendo Switch on dock mode. This is because the alone USB-A port in Switch can be found on the Nintendo Dock .
unfortunately, this method acting won ’ metric ton allow you to use your headset mic or game chat .
Follow these steps to learn how to connect Bluetooth headphones via USB-A :
- Turn your headphones into ‘pairing mode’.https://thefartiste.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/How-to-Connect-Bose-Headphones-to-PC-5.mp4
Doing this depends on the brand, model, and type of device. But most of the time, like in the sheath of SONY WF-1000XM3, this entirely requires you to press and hold the exponent or Bluetooth button until the clean flashes red and blue sky. For best results, consult your manufacturer ’ randomness guide .
- Take your USB adapter and insert it on the USB-A port on your Nintendo dock.
- If you’re using a Bluetooth adapter that originally came with your headphones, the two should connect automatically once the adapter is plugged in. If not, the process depends on your chosen adapter, but it usually only requires pressing the Bluetooth/power button for a few seconds until the light changes color.
- You’ll see a notification on your screen saying that the USB audio mode is active. A volume level also automatically shows. Adjust this as desired.
Using a USB-C Bluetooth adapter
The Nintendo Switch ’ s USB-C port is located at the middle-bottom part of the hand-held device. This port is specifically intended for charging and docking. With the right Bluetooth audio adapter, you can use this port to connect your Bluetooth headphones and still be able to use the game old world chat .
here are the steps to connect Bluetooth headphones to Switch using a USB-C adapter :
- Get yourself a Guilikit Route Air Pro Bluetooth Adapter or any compatible Bluetooth adapter. This is compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
- Insert this into the USB-C port of your Nintendo Switch.
- If your Bluetooth adapter comes with a mic, plug that in the 3.5mm auxiliary port. unfortunately, no Bluetooth arranger allows you to use your headset microphone. That ’ s why you ’ ll need this workaround to participate in the bet on old world chat. This means that the legal remark will be on the blocked 3.5mm mic, not on your headphones, so you may need to adjust where and how you hold your console when bet on .
- Turn on your Bluetooth adapter. This depends on your brand and model but it can usually be done by holding down the button at the bottom of the transmitter for about five seconds or until the light starts flashing.
- Turn your headphones to pairing mode. There are different ways to do this depending on your earphone model. If uncertain, refer to your manufacturer ’ randomness lead .
- A few seconds after turning your headphones to pairing mode, the headset and the audio transmitter should connect automatically. You can know if this is successful via the voice or audio prompts on your headset.
Using a 3.5mm Bluetooth adapter
Another way to connect radio receiver headphones to Switch is to use a Bluetooth dongle with a 3.5mm jacklight .
This tutorial features the Ugreen Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter. We selected this since it has a double sound recording connectivity technology that allows you to use two headsets at a time. It besides features an aptX LL engineering and an 8-hour built-in 120 mAh barrage. here ’ s how you can connect your Switch via a 3.5mm Bluetooth adapter :
- Set your wireless headphones to pairing mode.
- Press and hold down the multifunctional button on the upper portion of the transmitter for three seconds. You’ll know it’s turned on when the white light flashes every five seconds.
- Plug in the audio transmitter into the 3.5 mm audio jack of your device. Press the multifunction button twice to force it into pairing mode. You’ll know it’s in pairing mode when red and blue lights flash alternately.
- Once both devices are in pairing mode, they should automatically connect. To know if this works, wait for the white light on your transmitter to flash every 10 seconds.
How to Use Bluetooth Headphones on Switch Without Buying a Dongle
If you want to use your wireless headset minus some of the limitations, and without buying any modern accessories, you can try this method. You entirely need three things for this, which you may already have :
- Your Nintendo Switch
- A laptop or PC
- A compatible male-to-male AUX cord
This method allows you to bypass the same limitations of Switch ’ s built-in Bluetooth patronize as when using adapters. This means, this can be a good option for when you want to use more than two controllers or play via LAN connection. however, this won ’ triiodothyronine enable mic input or crippled new world chat .
This works with both hand-held and docked mode. however, it works better when docked since the wires may get in the way when in hand-held mode .
For a video exemplification of how it ’ s done, refer to this Youtube tutorial .
alternatively, you can besides connect your dock Nintendo Switch to television, then connect your headphones to your television. If you ’ rhenium not certain how, promontory to our guidebook on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to television receiver .
Best Bluetooth Audio Transmitters for Nintendo Switch
If you ’ rhenium looking for the best Bluetooth audio transmitters for your Switch, check out the list below .
Homespot Bluetooth Audio Transmitter
This Homespot Bluetooth Audio Transmitter is entirely made for the Nintendo Switch. It has a high fidelity audio streaming have that can be used in both headphones or speakers. furthermore, it is compatible with both Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite .
It can be used to stream sound recording to two headphones at the like time. It is besides the first Nintendo Switch Bluetooth audio vector that has a built-in microphone .
When using this device, it ’ s advisable to remove your Nintendo Switch ’ s protective casing first. The shell may prevent the USB-C port from being amply inserted .
The downside to this is that it doesn ’ t have a USB-C pass-through charging port. besides, you can ’ triiodothyronine use this Nintendo Switch Bluetooth Adapter while on dock mode .
Genki Bluetooth Audio Transmitter
This Genki Bluetooth Audio Transmitter features a double earphone connectivity engineering. This feature works capital for multiplayer games. It allows two headphones to connect to one arranger simultaneously .
It comes with an audio arranger, a boom mic accessary, and a USB arranger for dock mood. It ’ s compatible with PS4, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, Android, io, Windows PC, and Mac .
Unlike the Homespot Bluetooth Audio Transmitter, this has a USB-C pass-through charging larboard. This will enable you to charge your device while playing.
Read more: How to register as a VIP in GTA Online
With these tips, you can now reclaim your exemption. No more tangled wires, no more frayed cables, and decidedly no more sudden fall-offs due to accidental wire sweepages. You can now enjoy a spare and across-the-board image of motion compared to using wired headphones while playing with your beloved Nintendo Switch .
Of course, this wouldn ’ metric ton be potential without a decent wireless gaming headset. If you ’ re however looking for one, feel loose to check out our list of the most recommend radio gaming headsets today .
We hope that these tips helped you achieve a great Switch wireless earphone experience. If you tried any of these tips, make sure to leave us a gloss below. besides, if you have any more tips you want to add, feel detached to share them equally well. We love hearing from you !